NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1665 on: <06-16-15/0846:29> »
This isn't a 'surprise' situation, I'm not that mean, you got the 'prickles down the neck' before the shit hit the fan...but definitely initiative and some def rolls, particularly for the van (stationary!) and the drones which are taking the brunt of the opening salvo.

To clarify:
Foes#1-3 in upper floors across the street with a view on the parking entrance area, silenced assault rifles judging by the sounds. All in good cover
Foe#4 earth elemental, powerful one! out in the open!
Foe#5 human 'bum' with shotgun firing EX explosive rounds in semi cover
Foe#6 orc 'bum' with uzi targeting the lead outrider in good cover

There are several other people on the street which may or may not be foes!

For expediency I'm going to make a judgement call on the convoy and locations, will update the PC list with Al's locations as the marker.  Snow's Americar is ahead of the van, the shotgun blast coming from an angle... the attack is happening more or less as soon as you enter the alley rather than the parking courtyard (less easy for you to escape from)...so for thematic reasons (and not having you change your already posted IC) we'll assume you began the dismount in the alley because the van wouldn't fit into the security of the parking area.  Had you known I'm sure you might have reconsidered your drop off but that's the (minor) problem with pbp :P so we'll run from here, hopefully without affecting the net results too much (and hopefully without anyone getting narked off :P)
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1666 on: <06-16-15/0919:23> »
We are surrounded? Excellent, we can attack in any direction  ;D

Do you need more pre-gen rolls? (I'm not sure how many I've gone through)
I certainly won't mind if you just roll for me.

More important: How far are we away from the safety of the house? For Isaint it's more important to get the family inside than to return fire (That said, this spirit has to go down.)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1667 on: <06-16-15/0920:52> »
Some rolls for Solo:
Initiative:
Solo:
(Augmented by improved intuition Solo has 10 intuition, 8 reaction and he has improved reflexes 3 adept power.
Initiative: 18+4d6 34

Spirit (Solo) - (in the astral)
Initiative(astral): 18+3d6 31

3 rotodrones
Initiative: 3#9+4d6 16 21 24

Doge roll for drones:
Doge (drone 3): 3#9d6t5 4 4 5
Doge (drone 2): 3#9d6t5 4 1 1
Doge (drone 1): 3#9d6t5 1 3 3

Soak for drones
Drone Damage(1): 3#8d6t5 2 3 4
Drone Damage(2): 3#8d6t5 3 1 4
Drone Damage(3): 3#8d6t5 1 5 1

Doge for Solo:
Doge roles: 10#19d6t5 6 7 2 8 7 6 9 3 9 1
(Solo will use edge if is hurt... so because he is not the kind that can carry on fighting with a bullet hole. )  - he may also go full defense - being so fast it seems like a good idea. 

The spirit is in the astral - astral movement is 3km per combat turn - so the spirit location is not relevant.  Drones I assume somewhere in the air in a triangle around caravan. Solo is somewhere inside this hell trying to split his action between commanding the drones and not dying.

« Last Edit: <06-16-15/0927:35> by gilga »

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1668 on: <06-16-15/0922:10> »
Just to make note. Tobbis has Adrenaline rush. So he always goes first in the first round of combat, unless someone else has it. Then they roll off.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1669 on: <06-16-15/0925:47> »
Apartment Recon (Hyundai Shin-Hyung in parking courtyard)
Player: Pistolgrip Character: <<Jackhammer>> Orc adept
Player: Obidancer Character: <<The Frenchman>> Human Amnesiac (Assassin?!?)
Player: HydroRaven Character: <<Mel>> Elven Cat Burglar
Player: Saithor Character: <<Halucination>> Elven Mage

Alley [Van]
Player: Jack_Spade Character: <<Isaint>> Orc Chameleon – assigned to protect the Dr (assuming got off bike to go to van)
Player: Adamu Character: <<Al>> Human dockworker – assigned to protect the wife
Player: DrZombol Character: <<Daddy>> Human Black Magician – assigned to protect Natasha
Player: Gilga Character: <<Solo>> Human Jack-of-all-Trades
Player: ScytheKnight Character: <<Snow Crash>> Orc Combat Decker – assigned to protect William (assuming got out of car to go to van)

Alley [Car, behind the van]
Player: Triskavanski Character: <<Tobis>> Changeling Techno

Alley [Outriders, behind the van & Tobis’ Jackrabbit]
Player: zeththeadeptork Character: <<Duke>> Human cleaner, sharpshooter
Player: Crossbow Character: <<Smiley>> Human Party Animal

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1670 on: <06-16-15/0952:30> »
I am not sure about the order but I posted the first action of all of Solo's allies. Solo uses two simple actions to command the spirit to fight in combat and take out the elemental (in the astral), and to command the drones to blow up that homeless guy with a gun that is firing at us. (short bursts).  Attack rolls are in IC attached to the actions.
Initiative here.

adamu

« Reply #1671 on: <06-16-15/1226:35> »
So just thinking out loud before the commute home...

So far, for all their firepower, the only metahuman targets they've shot at are our outriders.

They've used their biggest assets to
(1) attack the drones
(2) block our exit
(3) try to disable our biggest vehicle (the one that can transport the whole family, and has best chance of getting out through their barricade).

So the two takeaways are:
(A) They don't want to risk hurting the extractees (and may not yet be super sure which people those are - this may have been a very hastily thrown-together local team);
(B) They don't want us to leave - seems like they want us to go further on in - which suggests the worst threats may be waiting for us in there.

Either way, the inside team could be useful as a pincer (if they're not about to be ambushed themselves).

I'll get actions and rolls up once the kids are in bed!

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1672 on: <06-16-15/1326:19> »
Solo will lift the car with a levitate spell so that the the family can escape in his second initiative pass (if he survives).

If this feat succeeds, I suggest that the van will escape  the scene with the family and some minor backup. Because this kind of firepower is way too much for civilians.

Aria - how big is that car? solo needs 1 success per 200 kg. He should know approximately if it is within his power to lift it with levitate.
« Last Edit: <06-16-15/1328:01> by gilga »

adamu

« Reply #1673 on: <06-16-15/1453:34> »
Edited my "getting out of van" IC to match subsequent GM post (basically deleted parts about shutting van doors and starting to move away from it as a group).

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1674 on: <06-16-15/1521:08> »
Solo will lift the car with a levitate spell so that the the family can escape in his second initiative pass (if he survives).

If this feat succeeds, I suggest that the van will escape  the scene with the family and some minor backup. Because this kind of firepower is way too much for civilians.

Aria - how big is that car? solo needs 1 success per 200 kg. He should know approximately if it is within his power to lift it with levitate.
Not quite sure which car you are referring to?  The wrecked one that the elemental shifted behind you?  That's going to way about 1 ton...but even if you move it then there's Tobis' Jackrabbit between the van and it and no turning space in the alley (yes, I know you can reverse :P).  Snow's Americar is ahead of the van and he's got out (I'm assuming) to go to bodyguard the family.  That'll weigh around a ton and a half I guess for a normal sedan... and all that's assuming Al's van survives the shotgun blast  ::)

Oh, and can I have stun ball resist rolls from the two rear outriders please  :o  ...I'm happy for any of your mages to declare spell defence first unless they are selfishly keeping it all for themselves  ;D
« Last Edit: <06-16-15/1523:21> by Aria »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1675 on: <06-16-15/1609:16> »
Solo does not have counter spelling I think. Can't help there... jack of all trades and all.  He can increase willpower that indirectly help with this kind of spells. But that's a bit more complex.
« Last Edit: <06-16-15/1618:14> by gilga »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1676 on: <06-16-15/1630:58> »
At the moment the family is safe in Al's van.
If Solo can, a physical ward would do us a lot of good. Alternatively, finding the enemy mage and neutralizing him would also be a godsend... ;)

Never bother with the hired help if killing the boss solves the problem as well. ;D
« Last Edit: <06-16-15/1635:27> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1677 on: <06-16-15/1639:17> »
Sorry no physical ward spell. Solo has Buff spells -  that help with decking, summoning, facing stuff like this.
For combat: Invisibility, Trid Phantasm, Levitate, and stunbolt. Perheaps a trid can help the drones atleast by creating 10 more drones that fly in circles and fire surpressive fire at everyone. Do you really want not to take cover and see if this is the real surrpessive fire? ;)

(also mind probe but that spell is good only for after combat - or for Frenchman if he wants to try and figure out something about his past).
I'll see what Solo can do, I hope that daddy will be around because he got some bounded sprits and is a full mage.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1678 on: <06-16-15/1647:39> »
Can I have clarification from everyone on their wifi status?  I'm assuming deckers are running silent and I know Al is wifi dark 99% of the time, but how about the rest of you?  Enemy decker has got his sights on you all  8)

I am also assuming everyone is 'firing from cover' unless they are going to brave the shitstorm in the open?!?  Please adjust rolls accordingly!  I'll handle range mods...

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1679 on: <06-16-15/1719:08> »
Isaint has most of his equipment running and silent slaved to his Fairlight on the public grid. In addition he carries 10 stealth tags  and sensor tags and has a rating 6 jammer running (with exception to his team mates):

I'll try to list everything: 21 slave slots on the Fairlight filled with 17 devices + 10 separate stealth tags & 10 sensor tags

Ares Victory WIldhunt
+Auto-Injector
+Electrochromic Clothing
+Biomonitor
+Single Sensor (Ultrasound) Rating 3

Custom Ballistic Mask         
+Electrochromic Clothing
+Jammer, Area Rating 6

Forearm Guards
+Shock Frills

Lined Coat
+Electrochromic Clothing

+2x Defiance EX Shocker
+Ruger 101
+Ruger Super Warhawk
+Savalette Guardian

Fairlight Caliban

+Contacts Rating 3
+Earbuds Rating 3
+Glasses Rating 4
+Suzuki Mirage

Sensor Tags x10
Stealth Tags x10

So a Decker has 38 silent devices to randomly choose from on the public grid (-2) with 6 noise.
An attack on a slaved device has to beat between 10 (Log+Firewall) and 12 (Wil+Firewall) dice.
talk think matrix