NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1050 on: <02-04-15/0317:53> »
Perception Test: 2 Perception + 4 Intuition = 6 Dice [5, 4, 5, 6, 3, 1] 3 hits

Initiative: 3d6 [6, 3, 6] + 11 =  26

Also, I think I'm just going to open up with suppressive fire on the fleeing target with the T-Bird's guns.

1 Gunnery + 6 Agility = 7 Dice [3, 5, 3, 5, 5, 6, 6] 5 hits (dunno the Accuracy of the T-Bird's gun.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

adamu

« Reply #1051 on: <02-04-15/1807:07> »
Okay - some resolution.

Turns out Cutter is first, and gains some elevation for better LOS then lays down suppressive fire on the fleeing man.
The guy hits the dirt, then Dogmeat shoots him. Definitely a hit, but since he's already inert, hard to say exactly how bad….
Dogmeat also commands the other drones to shoot, but their actions don't come until later….

No one has spotted anything on those perception tests yet…but….

Before Ichiro reaches the fallen man, gradvirus - you need a surprise test.
If you score at least three successes, you may also make a ranged defense test.
And in any case, you'll probably need a damage soak test.
Then also tell me if (assuming you are still standing) you want to continue into the suppressive fire surrounding your quarry, or do something like find whoever is shooting at you, or whatever else.

IC based on that much if so inclined, or I will tomorrow, at which time I will continue with resolution depending on how things go with Ichiro.

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1052 on: <02-04-15/2219:45> »
Surprise Test: REA 4 + INT 3 + DAnger SEnse 1= 8, 1\5\1\5\2\4\1\4

Damage Soak: AV 12 + BOD 3= 15. 6\2\5\4\1\6\4\1\1\6\3\4\4\3\6, 5 sucesses
"Speech" Thought >>Matrix<< Astral

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1053 on: <02-05-15/0440:18> »
PS: I am hiking in California 10.2-26.2 so I might not be available.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1054 on: <02-05-15/1552:23> »
I ain't selling that T-Bird anyway. Someone can get it from me when they pry my cold dead hands off the controls. :P
lol... sorry for not posting much this week, I've had work kicking me in the teeth :P

A quick note on pay/rewards etc for Stormy Waters: It's deliberately vague and determined by how much you post in order to keep people coming back for more!  It's an abstract that seems to work ok without unbalancing the shadow economy (something I've always glossed over in normal games too)!  Any stuff you loot from the fallen is over and above this...

I've always believed that runners earn enough to maintain their middle to low lifestyles with some extra spending money...at least until you hit the big time...otherwise why bother?!?

A quick note on your current finds:

The LAV: you could sell it (if you can get Cutter out!) but bear in mind stolen goods sell at a fraction of their list price!!!  Then there's all the RFID tags to worry about etc (well, if you keep it too!).  If you keep it you will need to sort those, and source jet fuel (got any contacts like that?) plus it's a fairly niche vehicle - you certainly can't fly it downtown!  Finally it's also heavily customised so you'd better hope that nobody who knew the original owner sees you in it!  All that aside I have to congratulate you on the audacity of taking it on and winning :D

The deck: it's not a top of the range one, good but not great...it's not going to throw the balance if any of you keep it and as mentioned above it won't net you much by fencing it...
« Last Edit: <02-05-15/1555:32> by Aria »
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1055 on: <02-05-15/1622:21> »
Decks are nice to have, and you can never have too many - with a good agent it increases the multi tasking capability of dogmeat. The LAV is too much for low lifestyle lol;),

great move securing it cutter ;) - you should make the LAV your home. It seems really fun and unique to live in one. Even if you cannot aford to take it places dogmeat will help with invisibility + concealment should you want to take it down town for shopping. 

I plan to use the extra deck to build a decker drone!
Basically a drone with a deck that can be plugged into devices for direct connection and autonomusly hack devices with an agent.  Mechanically direct connection makes hacking easier so perheaps the agent will get some utility despite mediocre dicepools. I also think dogmeat can actually have this kind of money by now just from posting.

If there is a drone with human hands ? if so he can operate the deck remotely and use his own skill! Being jumped in the drone - that will work in AR.  This may be a bit more practical - no sane decker will want to be that far from his deck. (but hey - we got a spare!)  I am excited with the possibility of building this kind of drone. It seems like a lot of fun ;)

I totally imagine him working on this task for a long time modifying stuff. Kind of like a mad scientist - he is not in it for the money - he is just old and somewhat insane. He treats drones as his peers, spirits as his equals and he generally speaks to himslef. Who knows what he really wants out of life. 

« Last Edit: <02-05-15/1742:14> by gilga »

adamu

« Reply #1056 on: <02-05-15/1801:11> »
Surprise Test: REA 4 + INT 3 + DAnger SEnse 1= 8, 1\5\1\5\2\4\1\4

Damage Soak: AV 12 + BOD 3= 15. 6\2\5\4\1\6\4\1\1\6\3\4\4\3\6, 5 sucesses

Ouch - those rolls leave you two boxes into physical overflow - one box till death.
Hate to slow things down, but this is kind of important...
I'll pause here for a moment if you want to apply Edge to any point in this process...

adamu

« Reply #1057 on: <02-05-15/1805:37> »
PS: I am hiking in California 10.2-26.2 so I might not be available.

Thanks VERY much for letting us know (so many people just don't).

So, when you say MIGHT not be available, are you just unsure of your connection…

Options are:
(1) Game on hold for two weeks (because someone would rather be out hiking than hunched in front of a computer surrounded by game books);
(2) Puppet your charactrer through the combat (I really don't want to do that)
(3) Keep going, but at a slower pace. knowing your post rate might be down quite a bit…

IN any case, let's see how far we can get by the 10th! Still a few days off, and we are moving along pretty well for PbP.
But I know everyone's upcoming actions may hinge on whether the mysterious oni goes down or not...

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1058 on: <02-05-15/1829:30> »
Use edge to reroll the 10 misses= 1\5\6\5\4\2\1\2\1\3, 3 sucesses

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1059 on: <02-05-15/1912:51> »
well for starters it is 16 hours flight + few hours before/after at the airport.
I should have interent and it is 50/50 work/fun so I'll be on from time to time. And will have interent connection but a lot less time so do not expect me to carefully read books and stuff. ;) At the current speed of the game I am not sure if you'll feel it. As well, we're like 1 combat day per two days or so;)  I think we'll be okay. 

If I am unresponsive and you need some of the capabilities of dogmeat to move the plot I'll also post a short cheat sheet with how many dice he rolls for stuff, so you can roll for example doge/damage soak or even attack for him and not have to stop the game.

Most of the time should be okay - but some of the days we may stay at places with no connection or be too tired to post.

@gradivus ouch!
« Last Edit: <02-05-15/1926:09> by gilga »

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1060 on: <02-05-15/1930:50> »
I probably would have been better off to roll one less success and be exactly no phy monitor left...Out cold is probably safer than still moving :P

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1061 on: <02-05-15/1944:03> »
Yes well - survival rate do not appear very promessing. Dogmeat would have died instantly from such a shot tough. With body 1;)

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1062 on: <02-05-15/1946:17> »
Was that from my suppressive fire zone?
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

adamu

« Reply #1063 on: <02-05-15/1948:38> »
Was that from my suppressive fire zone?

No.

Ichiro was indeed chasing the guy you were suppressing, so one of my questions was whether he wanted to go in - but seems that is academic since something knocked him down before he got there.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1064 on: <02-05-15/1951:34> »
We got a taste of our own medicine with the invisibility + concealment + sneaking combo. We cannot bring back the dead tough. It seems like everyone goes down in a single shot in this scene.

« Last Edit: <02-05-15/1956:16> by gilga »