NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1035 on: <02-02-15/0957:23> »
That may explain why they brought a (2 million nuyen?! ... or did I get that wrong) T-Bird to the scene. ;)

« Last Edit: <02-02-15/0959:01> by gilga »

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1036 on: <02-02-15/1236:15> »
I'm pretty sure that the Ares Venture (or Azzie version thereof) is a much cheaper vehicle circa 600,000 nuyen?!?  Still an expensive bit of kit though!  Smuggler vehicle for transport...it wouldn't even have been involved if you hadn't fragged the rigger's deck and truly pissed him off...of course he's now dead so he's unlikely to bear a grudge about that...  ;)
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1037 on: <02-02-15/1321:12> »
It's like that in the RL table we play. We are doing chasing the wind mission, and I nearly got my face char killed trying to get a hold of a sniper rifle that was more expensive than the reward for the mission. Honestly, the nuyen rewards our GM gave us are so low - even with negotiation, that a random encounter with a 'crazed gun man' seems to bring in more money than doing the mission.

I was like... if he can shoot us from 700 meters he got a sniper rifle - lets kill him and take the rifle it is more important than the mission ;) Then we spent two hours planning how we will get close enough for the kill.

Indeed that rifle was a 17.5k nuyen item. More realistic, I think my char would have never accepted that mission in the first place. (but... well... we were already there and had beer ;0))
In order to make 4k nuyen - you can just steal a car. Why be a shadowrunner?

no idea how much this mission is paying, but the deck loot, and the T-bird are probobly a lot more expensive than anything the jhonson might be able to pay. We might also be able to fish some uncontrolled drones. (if the RCC got fried).

« Last Edit: <02-02-15/1347:41> by gilga »

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1038 on: <02-02-15/1517:56> »
Because to steal that car, you need three marks on it to get it to start and then someone needs to get 24hits on a hardware test to change owners before it gets reported stolen and the police use the gps to locate it. Stealing cars under the new matrix rules is a bit more complicated than it used to be.
"Speech" Thought >>Matrix<< Astral

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1039 on: <02-02-15/1523:32> »
Because to steal that car, you need three marks on it to get it to start and then someone needs to get 24hits on a hardware test to change owners before it gets reported stolen and the police use the gps to locate it. Stealing cars under the new matrix rules is a bit more complicated than it used to be.

That's not the point (even though a good team with a good Decker can get that easily enough). With payouts that low, it really does more behoove the characters to ignore/refuse the actual runs and just steal cars, guns and even gank other runners to sell their implants to a body chop shop. They'll make more money that way.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1040 on: <02-02-15/1622:47> »
Exactly... the missions barly pay for lifestyle and expenses. We want to buy a van, and without looting anything there is on scene we will never get it. We're playing for two months and we're still just half way through and we didn't buy anything from the beggining. This time, we do not really care about the mission we are in it for the loot. The mission is just an excuse to go somplace with equipment, as well just that sniper rifle (that I actually needed) cost more than all our pay ;)

If we risked our life for a sniper rifle - imagine what we would have done for a deck...  The way I picture shadowrun now, is if you walk with expensive wares or are known to have expensive equipment (rigger/decker anyone? ), atleast my team will probobly be tempted to take you out no matter what. Maybe even if you are not that  'bad'.

Geek the mage?!... there is nothing to steal from a mage. The decker should be a huge target because his deck is worth more than what we will ever make from runs.  The street sams are also silly because they walk around with augmentations that cost more than what a runner makes in a year.

The core rule book writers clearly haven't expirienced the economy of their own game.  Realistically, in such a world an obvious cyberlimb will get you killed - not to mention the wired reflexes, control rigs and cyber decks. Instead, they tell a story where technomancers are hunted and mages are geeked out.

« Last Edit: <02-02-15/1638:34> by gilga »

adamu

« Reply #1041 on: <02-02-15/1930:40> »
I haven't spent much time on this board, but this very topic has extensive discussion threads on Dumpshock.
Hell, my players were threatening me with rejecting runs in favor of stealing a few cars a week twenty RL years ago!

Just like D&D - why don't all those adventures returning with scads of gold ruin the local economies with hyperinflation?

Me, I don't worry too much about the whole world - no fun in that - but I do try to rationalize such issues away just for my own characters. Gotta come up with a motivation that is past, around, or through the money issue, or it just doesn't work.

I mean, you can almost purchase a life-long low lifestyle for your starting cash on Priority A - so - instant character win! You can retire to a life of soy-burger, one room flat ease from chargen!

But enough rambling from me.

Cold reality - this is not my campaign, as you know - Aria will be back, and I honestly don't know how cashing in on a T-bird will jive with his Y2,000/post (in place of actually getting paid for runs) rule…so you might want to bounce some of this off him before making big plans!

adamu

« Reply #1042 on: <02-02-15/1943:57> »
I'm confused as well. Who the heck is she healing? and is she yelling at Dogmeat to go away? As for Counterspelling, I don't know if I want to do that, since we already have enough problems without having a very powerful spirit who's a memebr of the circus we are guarding start to fight us as well. I'll have something IC up by tomorrow.

On hand, it is cold, dark, rainy, windy, no one has a clear view of all that is going on, and it is happening extremely quickly and violently, with everything eclipsed by the roar of a T-bird just meters away and then a big magical flash.
It's supposed to be confusing!!!

But I also fully understand that, especially in PbP, the GM's vision is not always easy for everyone to be on the same page with, so I never mind requests to clarify.

* The seer was walking off into the woods with "the man" , "the troll" and "feather guy".

" Oni jumped out and started a fight.

* Feathered guy snuck up behind previously calm seer and put something on her head. She went apeshit, and he tossed her over his shoulder and started to take off.

* Dogmeat shot the guy and he went down.
(and judging by some of the IC and OOC posts since, might be good to re-read my original OOC post stating the results of that shot…)

* Oni took out the troll.

* the man dived on top of the Seer and Feathered Guy, might have spoken briefly to the Seer, and then took off into the bushes as Dogmeat shot at him.

* the Seer made a flash of light and yelled "Begone," and is not working hard to heal Feathered Guy.

* Oni is chasing "the man", and Dogmeat is still shooting at "the man". You don't think he has gotten far, but no one has LOS on him at the start of this coming combat turn.

" Alicia is on scene astrally, and has just tried to dispel the crown thing's magic.
Sorry saithor - that's a fail, as you've already guessed.

" Cutter still in the T-bird, and can see most of this. The other drones have arrived.

I have declarations and initiatives for the coming turn from some, but not all.
Will give results and an IC post if warranted tomorrow based on what I have at that time.

And if anything is still unclear, by all means let me know and I'll be happy to clarify.

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #1043 on: <02-02-15/2018:34> »
Dang. Figures though, it's probably some powerful form of mojo. Initiative: 13 Link: http://orokos.com/roll/251876
You guys think I should try to dispel again burning the last of my edge and hope I get enough, or should there be anything else worth trying first?
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1044 on: <02-02-15/2359:56> »
nah, don't worry about it. This time I learned to *Start* with a car ;) It is just not fun to role play the life of a common criminal. It can be fun if you build an adventure around stealing somthing high profile. With many twist and betreyals and stuff. But it is not exciting to RP stealing cars. 

Money motivations just do not blend well with the mechanics, but perheaps fixers should have other leverage on their runners -  so they can't refuse the run or somthing terrible happens. Fixers should perheaps be scary people that you cannot refuse.  They oil the right people so you are kept under the radar - refuse the mission and the 'police' arrive to finally get you. Fail - and the result is the same, perheaps it is more the stick than the carrot. I mean it should be a somewhat dark game. Maybe they just *own* the runner.

About the T-bird ... I think it is just a nice ride;) I do not see mechanically what it does for us.

My confusing is seeing all the trees, but not seeing the forest. I understand all the little details, I just do not know why we are shooting them to begin with. I mean in the previous moment we just gave up and let them walk away. I mean I only shoot that guy because we rolled initiative suddenly so I figured I should shoot someone. The drone was only there to begin with so we know where they are going.

« Last Edit: <02-03-15/0035:32> by gilga »

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1045 on: <02-03-15/0016:08> »
I ain't selling that T-Bird anyway. Someone can get it from me when they pry my cold dead hands off the controls. :P
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1046 on: <02-03-15/0033:02> »
I ain't selling that T-Bird anyway. Someone can get it from me when they pry my cold dead hands off the controls. :P

That's the spirit !

adamu

« Reply #1047 on: <02-03-15/1752:51> »
Okay, the IC I just posted is just to give an update on things people see happening as we go into the next combat turn.
No official actions have taken place yet.

I have initiatives from most (though not all) of you.

gilga - you have the first go, but while I have your initiative I do not have an action declared from you (unless I missed it).
Let me know what you want to do and I'll resolve.

Also, everyone that wants to can make a free perception test (based on your sensors if you are rigging, astral if you are projecting).

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1048 on: <02-03-15/1807:20> »
Dogmeat at invisible drone:
1. simple action: single bullet: at the man.
shooting the man: 18d6t5 5
2. simple order drones:

drones perception: perception (flying eye + 2 roto drones) (limit 3)
Perception drones: 3#9d6t5 2 7 3
if they are allowed to work together then 3rd drone get 5 extra dice + 5 to the limit:
5extra cooperation dice: 5d6t5 2
so drones get 5 successes in perception test.

dogmeat perception
dogmeat perception: 9d6t5 3

The drones in their turn:
1. shoot at the man short burst  (-2 to defend)
fire: 2#9d6t5 3 3
« Last Edit: <02-03-15/1840:25> by gilga »

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1049 on: <02-03-15/1923:40> »
Ichirō will charge his quarry andgive him a nice old kick hello
"Speech" Thought >>Matrix<< Astral