NEWS

"You summoned a WHAT?"

• 30 Replies

Belker

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • The Butcher
« on: <04-27-14/1338:26> »
I love it when players get creative with the manifestations of their spirits. I had a young man this weekend in a "Welcome to the Sixth World" event summon a force 5 Spirit of Beasts during a fight with a Barrens gang. "What do you want it to look like?" I asked.

"A giant koala!" he answered. So, amid the hail of automatic weapons fire, shotgun blasts and the crackle of their decker frying the ganger's truck, a giant koala pops up in the middle of the street and starts grabbing gangers out of the back of the pickup and slamming them into nearby buildings.

I've also had a Force 4 Spirit of Man summoned in a middle-class neighborhood which manifested as a garden gnome. Cue the "Lawn Ninjas" commercial from the "Ratchet & Clank" PS/3 games.

What creative things have players & GMs done with this in your experience?
"Dog says to always wear your seatbelts, kiddies."
Missions Freelancer (CMP 2015 - The Tennessee Suite 1-4)

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #1 on: <04-27-14/1358:38> »
haha, thankfully i've never had anything too weird. koala rampage sounds hilarious though!!!
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #2 on: <04-27-14/1516:24> »
Quote from: VU93 Profile
       Anyhow, the Wyrm was taking a break down in Brisbane, Aussieville, enjoying the land of sun, sand, and highly-poisonous everything, getting to know a hot magic chick slash decker, when he got hired along with her team to check out some politico's daddy's disappearance. Long story short, they track the guy down to a supposed-to-be-abandoned town on the north-eastern coast, within spitting distance of the Great Barrier Reef. There's a zero-zone facility there that they figure they have to break into, and one of their team goes and talks with, like, his bloody ancient great-great-great-great-great-grandfather koraji and he talks to his juju buddies and they stampede, I drek you not, six juggernauts into the place in order to totally frag over the security.
       There's video; you should watch it. Abso-frickin'-lutely hilarious, especially the part where the big bull stomping around gets half-blasted by the exploding fuel tank and rampages through the power facility before falling off the cliff and into the ocean.

Essentially what happened.  Obviously not actually spirits ...
« Last Edit: <04-28-14/2324:01> by The Wyrm Ouroboros »
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

OneofSorrow

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <04-27-14/2241:25> »
The weirdest thing that has been summoned in my game is a spirit of man that was summoned with the specific purpose to take a bomb out of the area.  So the spirit of man came in the form of the Engineer from Team Fortress 2. 

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #4 on: <04-28-14/0201:42> »
Puddle Spirits and Purse Dog Watchers.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Insaniac99

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <04-28-14/0443:48> »
The weirdest thing that has been summoned in my game is a spirit of man that was summoned with the specific purpose to take a bomb out of the area.  So the spirit of man came in the form of the Engineer from Team Fortress 2.

I don't think I could resist it manifesting as this:

Check out my all purpose Shadowrun Die roller and Probability generator: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=13241.0

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <04-28-14/0957:19> »
My GM actually pulls stuff like this on me, not the other way around, and mostly on their personalities. When I sent in a spirit of man to announce myself to a bunch of crazed LARPers (to make sure I wouldn't get shot at if I went to say hi), he started with "GREETINGS, PUNY MORTALS". Fortunately, it went mostly uphill from there. Other examples include earth spirits wanting to arm-wrestle NPCs or being disappointed when the situation I summoned them didn't escalate into a fight, and a spirit of man starting with "Greetings, master. Who shall we kill today?" when the plan was not killing anyone.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #7 on: <04-28-14/1008:49> »
My GM actually pulls stuff like this on me, not the other way around, and mostly on their personalities.
Guilty as charged. Let's not forget that the Earth Spirit materialized at >3m tall because you were with the Giant Grendel, and the Spirit didn't like someone taller being around and about.

Bonus points to whoever gets the quote from the Spirit of Man.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Shamie

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <04-28-14/1714:37> »
Well the Samie name "PainCake" (appropriately enough) of my group was assaulted in his kitchen by a CAKE elemental who was cooking in the oven when he wake up.

So as any sensible shadowrunner he chained the whole oven, and put the heat to the max burning the now "Burned Cake elemental" and finally put the remains in trash bag. Which he forgot to take out  ;D Making his buildind be under siege by Burned Cake elementals.

And they share appartment with Chester the spirit of an overworked wage-slave.

Demon_Bob

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <04-28-14/1934:37> »
The beast spirit spider didn't go over to well.
It seemed like no one cold count past 6.

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <04-28-14/2032:29> »

Bonus points to whoever gets the quote from the Spirit of Man.

The sword from the webcomic Sluggy freelance?

Linkdeath

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #11 on: <04-28-14/2214:42> »
Our troll shaman summoned a fairly powerful beast spirit, which we suddenly realized was actually smarter than he was. It had taken the form of a small, brown dog (think Benji). He had it follow a baddie who just ran off, and the whole time, this talking dog grumbled and gripes about his vast intellect being wasted on this sort of foolish errand and made disparaging remarks pretty much the rest of the time.
Dance to the tension of a world on edge.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #12 on: <04-28-14/2309:12> »
Once upon an SR3 while making our way slowly and bloodily through Brainscan, we got ambushed by a security team in a Choco-Tart factory.  The combat mage on the other side summoned a honkin' big (Force 6 or 8 or so, IIRC) earth elemental...and the GM described it as a looming mass of twisted metal, rising from the depths of a factory vat, dripping chocolate.

That chocolate elemental eventually died...but man, did it take some doin'.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #13 on: <04-29-14/0056:23> »
I once had the crab grass get up and beat a house in LA.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #14 on: <04-29-14/0404:04> »
CanRay, stop putting stuff that really happens to you in your games.  You're scaring the children.  ;)
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.