NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 2029 Replies

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1650 on: <12-15-15/0759:04> »
Remember that is only 5 boxes of damage, Hydroraven.

farothel, go ahead and give me a perception check so I can fill in Sammy if the team doesn't.
« Last Edit: <12-15-15/0802:48> by Crossbow »

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1651 on: <12-15-15/0824:36> »
So that should bring Clem down to 2 boxes, which is enough to wipe the physical pain modifiers at least :)
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1652 on: <12-15-15/0911:29> »
Remember that is only 5 boxes of damage, Hydroraven.

farothel, go ahead and give me a perception check so I can fill in Sammy if the team doesn't.

My perception test.  I had to register to Orokos first as Rolz was giving some issues and Invisible castle seems to be gone.
Perception: 5d6t5 3
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1653 on: <12-15-15/0954:34> »
Modding my last post.  It is quite likely that Sammy woke up and asked her question while Snow was helping Clem.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1654 on: <12-15-15/1008:14> »
As soon as Sammy hears that, she will check if the barrier is still there.  That should be obvious I guess.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1655 on: <12-16-15/1007:34> »
Snow does First AId on herself:  First Aid: 10d6t5 6  Another good roll.  That should leave her with 2 stun and 3 body, improving my rolls by 2d6.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1656 on: <12-16-15/2032:15> »
Snow does First AId on herself:  First Aid: 10d6t5 6  Another good roll.  That should leave her with 2 stun and 3 body, improving my rolls by 2d6.

Shoulda maybe done that one first :)

Not to short circuit any conversation, but what is the general sense of what you guys are going to want to do at this point?

The thing is you are on what is going to be a pretty empty stretch of road for a awhile, are you calling for a ride? Gutting one engine to try and juryrig the other?  Trying to find the ambushers or the points they attacked from?  Planning your own ambush to get a hold of the next set a wheels you see.  Gimme a goal here, either individually, or , God forbid, as a group decision ;)

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1657 on: <12-16-15/2109:32> »
Well, Sam's still not really thinking straight (though I expect Snow will take care of that soon), but even if he were 100%, I'm not sure he'd have a good idea on how to get home. He can't fix cars, and he wouldn't be much help tracking down our attackers. And it already bothers his professional pride that they've had to call for one ride; he's not going to be happy if they have to get another.

As a player--Sam doesn't know enough to suggest this--I'd want Sammy to try to track down the mage who made that barrier, while the rest of us try to locate the sniper or rigger who were after us. We don't have any good leads, other than the fact that someone wants us dead & knew where we'd be--and the only ones who knew that are the A-Kidz.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1658 on: <12-16-15/2315:54> »
Snow gives First Aid to Sam.  The CM mod is only -1 now so he gets 12d6.  First Aid for Sam:  LOG 4 + First Aid 5 + Kit 6 - CM 1 - Situation 2: 12d6t5 5  A pretty good roll.  Sam should be feeling a bit better.

As to what to do next, Snow is not a mechanic, either, but can hold a wrench if someone else is.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1659 on: <12-17-15/0140:47> »
Clem would probably suggest walking back, but she's weary of the attackers, where they are, why they left, etc.

I would suggest Sammy try to call someone (since he's probably the one with the most contacts in the city) to pick us up or something, and meanwhile the team can look for the ambushers.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1660 on: <12-17-15/2140:04> »
Sammy can track the magician to the hilltop island he was working from, if you are looking to memorize the signature I will need Assensing [3] check, but you can easily track it to it's real world location if you are so inclined.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1661 on: <12-17-15/2218:37> »
I suspect I know the answer to this, but just to confirm: is it possible for us to reach the island?
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1662 on: <12-17-15/2343:51> »
I suspect I know the answer to this, but just to confirm: is it possible for us to reach the island?

Absolutely.  How much work you do to get there will determine how dry you stay.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1663 on: <12-18-15/0150:27> »
Sammy can track the magician to the hilltop island he was working from, if you are looking to memorize the signature I will need Assensing [3] check, but you can easily track it to it's real world location if you are so inclined.

My first roll was to memorize the signature and that had 3 hits.  I only have 1 hit to follow it, but I can roll more if you need (if it's an extended test).

checking the barrier for the signature of the mage who made it.
astral perception (2 wound penalty): 4d6t5 3
I guess I will definitely recognise the signature again and if I've already seen it, I might recognise it now.

checking if and where the other group has gone.
astral perception (2 wound penalty): 4d6t5 1

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1664 on: <12-18-15/1205:41> »
Nope that is good enough.  Doing a general sweep, you are able to determine that beyond residential areas that have to at least 5 miles from your position,  you are alone.