NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 1507 Replies

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1290 on: <12-15-15/0036:40> »
Clem didn't have the energy to get into any kind of argument with the pale-skinned woman, so she just waived her in and stayed seated in the driver's seat of the broken down car, ready for the bandages, stitches and whatnot she would require.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1291 on: <12-15-15/0047:44> »
Snow recognizes the posture of the unwilling but does not let that deter her.  She is a physician and Clem is a patient, and that was that.  Careful to not add further injury to her boss, she hooked the kit up and allowed it to assist her expensive university-trained ability.  Everything goes well and the look of relief on Clem's face is payment enough, even if she gets no thanks for the effort.  Snow knows that she has done well. 

« Last Edit: <12-15-15/0955:09> by Mercy Merchant »
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1292 on: <12-15-15/0304:10> »
Sammy awoke with a groan.  She still had a headache, and going over the rest of her body she noticed some pain in her ribs and legs as well.
"What the hell happened," she asked, while shutting down the docwagon alert.  She didn't need them here at the moment and as soon as she was a bit better, she would be able to check herself a bit better and do some magic to get rid of the last problems.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1293 on: <12-15-15/1003:00> »
Snow hears Sammy's groan as she is disconnecting her kit from Clem and looks over at her with a bit od concern.  "You should be OK if you do not move too much right away.  I took some of the effect of the crash away, but I think you might have cracked a rib.  We ran into some sort of mojo barrier and crashed both cars.  This one does not seem to run at all and we do not yet know about the other.  We were attacked by several drones, a spirit, a sniper, and probably a mage.  I am not completely sure.  I think Con took out some of the drones but we were getting the worst of the exchange.  You were out from the crash, Con went down bleeding, Clem and I were hurt and not doing well.  Heh, still not doing so well.  Then they just left.  Anyway, Clem is much better now and can better answer your questions.  I am heading over to the other car to see about Sam and Bacchus."
« Last Edit: <12-15-15/1013:27> by Mercy Merchant »

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1294 on: <12-15-15/1643:30> »
O'Connor raised an eyebrow in confusion, "Left? Why? They had us right were they wanted us." He was finding it impossible to fathom a reason for the sudden retreat.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1295 on: <12-15-15/1837:16> »
The second vehicle is as dead as the first.  (It is amazing the damage a rigger can do to a car when they can fly a grenade into an engine compartment) 

Sammy has no problem spotting the residual effects of the magic that was used against the team after she was knocked out. 

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1296 on: <12-15-15/1841:39> »
Clem shrugged, the effects of the medicine dulling her response. "I can't explain it. Just when they had the drop on me, they retreated." Trying to stand up, the ork made her way to Bacchus' vehicle and inspected it.

[spoiler] Basically looking if there are any leaking gas tanks, leaking batteries, etc. Anything that might make the thing explode on ignition. Let me know if I need a roll for that.

Never mind.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <12-15-15/1843:35> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1297 on: <12-16-15/0020:20> »
Snow tries to open the passenger door but it is twisted a bit and jammed shut.  She reaches through the window to fasten her biomonitor on Bacchus to see if he is in need of aid.  While doing that, she calls out to Sam.  "Hey, Sam.  Can I check you out as well?  Not sure I can trust anyone's word about not being hurt."

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1298 on: <12-16-15/0618:46> »
Bacchus having been so carefully packed into the car seems fine, at least as far as the crash is concerned.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1299 on: <12-16-15/1010:06> »
Satisfied that Bacchus is OK, Snow looks to Sam.  He is walking around and seems OK, so she sits on the ground and does some First Aid on herself.  The effect is rather nice the drugs remove quite a bit of the effect of the crash.  Shaking her head, she stands and goes looking for Sam again.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1300 on: <12-16-15/1512:07> »
Sam was actually glad that Snow had managed to take care of the obviously wounded. He wasn't bleeding, but he was definitely not functioning at full capacity. Looking over, he picked one of the Snows to head towards, hoping he'd guessed right.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1301 on: <12-16-15/2329:23> »
Snow sees Sam wobbling a bit and swear under her breath.  "Fragging heroes.  When will they learn?"  Shaking her head, Snow moves to intercept Sam and gently leads him back to the car so that he can sit comfortably.  She hooks up the biomonitor and gets to work.  Sam responds well to her treatment, but she is a bit concerned that he was wobbling around.  She does some extra tests and monitors the biomonitor carefully to be sure that there is no overt brain damage.  She shakes her head at the handsome man.  "You should be feeling a bit better in a few.  Please let me know if you experience any signs of dizziness, fainting, blurred or double vision.  You had me worried for a minute there.  I would like to have you sit here for a bit and leave the monitor hooked up.  Please?"

Snow leaves the monitor attached to Sam's arm as she stands and looks about.  She calls out to get the attention of the others.  "I am monitoring Sam over here, but it might not be a good idea to have all of us standing about in a group.  What does everyone think we should do next?  I have done the best I can for First Aid, but all of us are still hurt a bit  All I can do now is help with extended care.  Sammy, are you able to help with some healing?"

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1302 on: <12-17-15/0310:28> »
O'Connor stumbled to the trunk of their vehicle and pulled out his rifle. He slumped against the vehicle, barely able to stand, "We should make sure they're gone. Anyone get a look at where they came from?"

Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1303 on: <12-17-15/0435:39> »
"I might be able to help with healing as soon as I'm feeling a bit better myself," Sammy said, "At this point I'm not sure if I'm going to be much use to anybody.  I'm just going to check in the astral on the mage's signature so I recognise him again when I see him.  And I can also check if they are gone, as hiding in the astral is very difficult.  I'm just going out of my body a bit."

She took a comfy spot and slipped out of her body.  First she had a good look at the signature of the mage on the remnants of the barrier in the astral.  Luckily he departed so quickly without wiping things as she always did.  Then she followed the signature, going rather slow, at least by the standards of astral movement.  But she didn't want to run head-on in a barrier and she had to follow the trail.  Soon she had found what she was looking for and after checking in the real world where exactly she was by manifesting she returned a bit more quickly.

"Okay, I've found him on an island some distance from here," she said to the rest of the group, "and the nearest metahuman settlement is about five miles that way."
She pointed to where she had found some buildings.

[spoiler]
checking the barrier for the signature of the mage who made it.
astral perception (2 wound penalty): 4d6t5 3
I guess I will definitely recognise the signature again and if I've already seen it, I might recognise it now.

checking if and where the other group has gone.
astral perception (2 wound penalty): 4d6t5 1
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <12-18-15/1356:42> by farothel »
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1304 on: <12-20-15/0121:45> »
O'Connor quickly determined likely sniper points, "Sniper was probably only a few hundred meters down the road. I'm gonna check it out." He stepped off of the vehicle, and stood under his own power. The ripple through his body was almost visible. He immediately collapsed, fire pulsating from the grievous sniper shot. A shrill yelp escaped from his lips. He took a moment before speaking, his voice relatively unbroken,"Like I said, the sniper was up the road a few hundred meters. Someone should check it out."

[spoiler=Composure]
Wil 3 + Cha 2 - Condition Modifier 4 = Pool 1
Composure: 1d6t5 1

((OOC: I'll assume that a hit of 1, and a 6 at that, with a dice pool of 1 will let me save face to a small degree. I mean, come on.))
[/spoiler]

Characters