NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 2029 Replies

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1725 on: <01-24-16/1256:50> »
You'll have to do a reset anyway to get rid of the thing.  I doubt those few minutes will make that job a lot harder.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1726 on: <01-24-16/1259:17> »
I totally agree with that impression.  That was not my concern, but that the original idea as I recalled was to have everyone go silent.  I am comfortable leaving mine on and trying to keep the target from alerting his friends.  If that works, we can do it for the second guy as well, right?
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1727 on: <01-24-16/1732:19> »
That's the plan ;)
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1728 on: <01-24-16/1802:47> »
OK.  So I am still not totally up on what I need to do.  Am I looking at placing marks and shutting the other device down?

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1729 on: <01-24-16/2235:34> »
Placing marks?

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1730 on: <01-24-16/2253:21> »
Sorry meant jamming the signal.  The cheat sheet I have indicates that I compare the device rating of the jammer to the device rating of the other device, but does not indicate if I get any sort of skill modifier.  Would I be able to use my hacking skill or is it straight device against their device and ECCM value?

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1731 on: <01-25-16/0254:58> »
I'm not too good with Matrix stuff, but I was under the impression you could hack in, get admin control and then intercept outgoing communications. But don't quote me on this.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1732 on: <01-25-16/0448:34> »
Both are possible I think.  You can do jamming, as it's easy to do and the only way to turn it off is to destroy or hack into the jammer.  But it's not foolproof: if the commlink has a large enough signal rating and good ECCM software, it can get through, although probably with reduced signal range.  Also, all commlinks in the area will feel the jamming (especially if you use area jamming), so you risk alerting people to it.
If you have admin privileges you can do just about anything to a commlink, including preventing outgoing and incoming signals (you can probably make it think that it has no signal at the moment).  The problem with this is that you have to hack in and get these admin privileges, which is not easy.  This doesn't necessarily alerts people, but if they feel that there is an issue with their 'link, they might try a reboot and Snow can restart with the hacking.

the placing marks thing is from 5th edition.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1733 on: <01-25-16/1105:12> »
Just going to throw this out there--Sam's of the opinion that we shouldn't go in and try to bust heads. He'd much rather slip out on his own, do some recon, and then pick one of the targets (quite possibly the sniper, since we've got at least a teaser of info on that one) to talk to. He's no good at interrogation--we ran into that recently--but he's very good at conning people. Biggest challenge he can see is that the other crew clearly knows all of our group by sight, while we don't even know what races we're dealing with. Sam's blandness quality should help him, and he's pretty good at disguising himself, but he's pretty worthless in a fight.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1734 on: <01-25-16/1738:55> »
Fair point Thvor, but I'm afraid that could strip the party of the element of surprise, which could potentially help us take down the first opponent in very few rounds.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1735 on: <01-25-16/2340:04> »
OK, My hacking on the fly can overcome the device with an extended test versus the device firewall.  Given who they are, I think it is safe to assume they have good stuff, so consider a firewall of 6.  I have Hacking 4 + Exploit 4 + Hot SIM 2 = 10 dice to overcome the firewall and the time for each attack is 1 combat round.  Basic access to the device is against the firewall, security access is firewall + 3 and admin access is firewall +6.  I do not see it in the rules, but any ECCM the device has would raise the score.  In the scenario we might be looking at, I would need to get twelve hits to get admin access., which probably doable in three rounds.  The device gets a roll each turn to get past my stealth, which is only 4.  I do not see that I get any mods to that number, so it is quite likely that I would be detected on the first attack, and almost certainly by the second. 

This is all doable but would mean that I need to go to Hot SIM for my best chance, meaning that I would need to be left somewhere.  I am willing to do this if you want me to.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1736 on: <01-26-16/2043:13> »
Okay all, before you go off the rails both IC and OOC, the party is going to start without you.

I need surprise checks, initiative rolls and perception checks (no mods to the latter, just INT + PER)

Locking IC thread till I can post what happens next.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1737 on: <01-26-16/2355:45> »
Here are Clem's rolls:

Perception ~ Intuition 4 + Perception 3 + Reception Enhancers 2 + Perceptive 1: 10d6t5 5 No glitches. I know you simply asked for Intuition and Perception checks, but I thought since bioware and positive qualities don't "shut down" I would put them in the roll. If not, we can knock the last 3 dice which gives Clem a total of 4

Surprise Test ~ Intuition 4 + Reaction 7: 11d6t5 3 No glitches. So that's a 3 on her surprise test.

Initiative Round 1 ~ Intuition 4 + Reacrion 7: 11d6t5 3 No glitches. Initiative of 14.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1738 on: <01-27-16/0109:37> »
Snow's rolls.

Perception:  Intuition 4 + Perception 2 = 6 dice.  Perception:  6 dice: 6d6t5 1  1 hit, no glitches

Surprise:  Intuition 4 + Reaction 5 = 9 dice.  Surprise: 9d6: 9d6t5 2  2 hits, no glitches

Initiative:  Intuition 4 + Reaction 5 = 9 dice.  Initiative: 9d6t5+9 13  Initiative 13, 2 passes

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1739 on: <01-27-16/0208:15> »
Sammy's rolls

Perception:  Intuition 3 + Perception 2 = 5 dice.  Intuition 3 + Perception 2 =5: 5d6t5 3

Surprise:  Intuition 3 + Reaction 3 = 6 dice.  Intuition 3 + reaction 3 =6: 6d6t5 1

Initiative:  Intuition 3 + Reaction 3 + 1 spell = 7 dice.  Intuition 3 + reaction 3 +1 spell =7: 7d6t5 1, initiative 8, 2IP
« Last Edit: <01-27-16/0644:41> by farothel »

Register