Shadowrun

Shadowrun Play => Play-by-Post => Topic started by: Crossbow on <04-16-14/1524:04>

Title: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <04-16-14/1524:04>
This is the OOC thread for the next New Beginnings game.  People in the game should include their updated character sheets, backgrounds, 20qs and whatever else they feel is relevant in their first post under spoiler tags.

You have all played with me and together so I don't need to do any other of the usual first post stuff.

Please, if you are not one of the following, DO NOT POST HERE.  Feel free to address any questions to me by PM.

farothel
Mercy Merchant
Thvor
Necrogigas
HydroRaven

Link to Snow's Sheet (http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=16112.msg341041#msg341041)  and 20 Questions  Part 1  (http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=16112.msg341042#msg341042)and Part 2 (http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=16112.msg341044#msg341044)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <04-16-14/1538:39>
Name (real):  Maria De la Vega
Name (fake SIN1, r4): Rachel O’Toole, UCAS citizen
Name (fake SIN2, r3): Samantha Delavine, Horizon citizen
Alias: Sammy
Race: Orc
Sex: Female
Nationality: PCC
Lifestyle:
middle, 5500¥/month (due to roommate) (3 months bought, 1 month passed)
Location: Everett, Seattle

She rents a 120 square metre, 3-bedroom top floor apartment in an old building on 172nd street SW, not far from the junction with 36th avenue W in Everett.  It was not in the best of neighbourhoods, but due to the proximity of the Alderwood mall (only 10 minutes on foot) there was some security, as KE patrolled the area around the mall to some extent.  She has also spent a bit more on good locks and a decent firewall for the home node.  Inside it was cozy with cheap but good furniture and some good AR paint.  She had magic for things like hairdressing and general body care, so she didn’t need to pay for that, which helped a lot.  Her brother has the second bedroom while she has put her magical lodge in the third bedroom.

Karma received: 8
Karma remaining: 0
money: 23530


Attributes

BodyAgilityReactionStrength
4433
CharismaIntuitionLogicWillpower
4344
EdgeMagic EssenceInitiative
2566

Positive Qualities
-mage (15)
-national fame (10)

Negative Qualities
dependent (medium) (-10)
Asthma (-15)
SINner (Standard) (-5)
Reduced Hearing (-5)

Active Skills
assensing 3
etiquette (media +2) 1 (3)
blades (swords +2) 2 (4)
con (acting +2)2 (4)
pistols1
perception2
disguise (cosmetic +2)1 (3)
banishing3
summoning3
spellcraft6
Knowledge Skills ( [Logic + Intuition] x 3 free points)
Magic Trids 2
Magic Theory 2
Celebrity Gossip 3
gambling card games 2
Horizon media 2
gambling card games2
wines2
acting2
Seattle high society 1
Language Skills
EnglishN
Spanish3
Or’zet2

Spells
Spelldrain
Stunbolt (F/2)-1
fireball (F/2)+5
Heal DmgDV-2
Increase Reflexes (F/2)+2
Improved Invisibility (F/2)+1
Stealth (F/2)+1
Trid Phantasm (F/2)+3
Physical Mask (F/2)+1
Makeover (F/2)
         
initiation: 1 (centering)
(group, oath)

commlink1
commlink/OSsignal/systemresponse/firewall
Hermes Ikon34
Novatech Navi43
Programs: analyse 6 (ergonomic, optimization 2), browse 4, edit 4, encrypt 4, purge 4, scan 4
Options: Optimization (exploit): +1 to actions using program

commlink2
commlink/OSsignal/systemresponse/firewall
Sony Emperor32
Iris Orb33
Programs: analyse 4 (ergonomic, optimization 2), browse 2, edit 2, encrypt 2, purge 2, scan 2

Gear (109290¥)
armored vest (2x) 1200¥
Form-fitting half-body suit (nonconductivity 3, fire resistant 3) 1800¥
Zoé executive suit ensemble (long jacket) 1950¥
Zoé moonsilver evening gown + scarf + handbag 8500¥
docwagon basic 5000¥
survival knife 50¥
defiance EX shocker 150¥
Ares predator IV (personalised grip, gecko grip) 550¥
Katana (personalised grip, gecko grip) 1200¥
pistol ammo (90 rounds regular, 30 rounds stick-n-shock) 420¥
taser darts (20 rounds regular) 100¥
spare clips (5 pistol) 25¥
commlink accessories: AR gloves, nanopaste trodes (3), satlink, subvocal microphone, sim module 1200¥
Earbuds r3 (audio enhancement 2, select sound filter 1) 430¥
Goggles r5 (image link, flare compensation, smartlink, vision magnification, vision enhancement 2) 1125¥
tool kit (disguise) 500¥
white noise generator r4 200¥
fake SIN rating 4 + 3x fake licence rating 4 5200¥
fake SIN rating 3 + 3x fake licence rating 3 3900¥
magical lodge materials r6 3000¥
respirator rating 6 600¥
survival kit 100¥
medkit rating 6 + supplies (2) 700¥
flashlight 25¥
sustaining foci (illusion r3, health r2) 50000¥
asthma medication (2 months) 600¥
suit (security) 50¥
fake SIN rating 4 + 3x fake licence rating 4 5200¥
fake SIN rating 5 + 3x fake licence rating 5 6500¥

Contacts
ContactC/L
James Dermott (Talistmonger)4/3
Melissa Firebird (trid mage)3/4
Jenny Starflinger (ex-agent)5/3
Jesus (elven rigger)3/3
Liam (media junkie)1/2
Matthew (Ork mechanic)1/3

James Dermott: A 45-year old talismonger living near Lake Serene in Everett, he is a friend of Sammy’s old teacher back in LA.  He has a small shop and while he makes some things himself, he buys quite a lot from corporations.  He knows a lot about magic in all of its forms and he also knows quite a lot of people in the magical scene of Everett and beyond (like in some corporations and academia) and occasionally he gets mages in contact with fixers.

Melissa Firebird: A 21 year old human female, she’s currently at UCLA (currently in her final year of a Bachelor of Magic), while working as a mage off screen in the week-ends and holidays.  Her father is VP in a movie studio (a subsidiary of Horizon).  She and Sammy were good friends during high school in LA and they still keep regular contact.  She knows a lot about the trid and glitterati scene and has contact with trid crews and some of the stars (and of course daddy the VP).

Jenny Starflinger: 45 year old human female, she was Sammy’s agent back in LA.  She is well known in LA and works with quite a number of trid stars.  She knows just about anybody who is someone in the trid bizz in LA and beyond, as well as a number of senior executives from Horizon.  Has good Pito rating.  She still tries to get her to come back to the trid from time to time.

Jesus: elven rigger who brought the group back to Seattle with his modified UH-1 ghost.  Tricked Sammy into going to dinner with him at the needle.

Liam: leader of a local theater group, he hid the group while they were getting back to Seattle.  He was a big fan of Sammy who introduced him to Jenny, her ex-agent.

Matthew: Ork mechanic who helped the group get into contact with people who got them back to Seattle.  He came with them and is currently looking for work in the big city.

Physical Description: A good looking woman, she normally has long hair done up in current fashions.  On runs normally in a simple pony tail.  On runs, she often wears loose fitting clothes, a hat, goggles and a respirator to hide herself (together with a spell and some mundane disguise equipment).
Hair colour: brown
Eye colour: brown
Length: 1m69
Weight: 80 kg
Age: 22

background
Maria was born in East Los Angeles, as daughter of two poor factory workers.  While it wasn’t El Fierno and they managed to get by, live in East LA was far removed from the glamour and glitter of Hollywood.  Live started to get interesting when she was 13.  She was on the bus when she witnessed a stabbing incident.  As there were PCC cops close by, the attacker ran away quickly, but not after stabbing his victim in the chest.  She had just had some CPR classes at school, she went over the see if she could help.  As she tried to stop the blood coming out of the man’s chest, suddenly the wound closed.

It didn’t take long for the arriving medics to figure out what had happened and when they had calmed the young girl down, the police brought her home.  Her parents were worried at first when they saw her arriving with the police, but they were quickly reassured.  As mages were something every company needed, they quickly saw that this would be the way for their daughter out of the slums.  As it was determined after testing that she followed a hermetic tradition, so she was put in a special program at school.

She didn’t find a corporate job, but she did find something else, and that was the trid industry.  When she was 15, Melissa Firebird, a mage friend of hers from school brought her in contact with her father who worked for a subsidiary of horizon.  At first she only worked there during breaks and week-ends and off-screen, mostly turning people invisible and also healing stunt people when something went wrong.  It was a life she really liked and when she was 16, she got her first chance.  A mage had fallen ill and they quickly needed a double.  As she had about the same physical built, she was asked to stand in.  She did so, although under a fake name and this was the start of a career that would last for 5 years.  She liked acting and at the end of the year she even got a small role in one of the episodes of Neill the Orc Barbarian.

When in 2069 the earthquakes shook LA, she was out of town to film on location in the PCC.  It was a trying time as they couldn’t go back and they didn’t know anything about family left in LA.  When they finally were allowed to go back, it took Maria quite some time to find out what had become of her family.  Of the seven people (herself included) only two others survived, one brother and one sister.  She took them with her and tried to get more acting jobs to make ends meet.

In 2070 she got pneumonia from shooting the movie Crash 2.0, ACHE (luckily for her shooting had just finished).  While she recovered, her bronchia have gotten some damage, resulting in periodic asthma attacks.  She keeps it under control with medication and with wearing a respirator, but it still made it difficult at times, especially when filming in desert regions or places with high pollution.

She became known for researching quite a lot for the movies she acted in, even going so far as to learn to fight with a sword and things like that.  While she still liked to do some work off-screen, she got her chance in a big production when she was 19.  It was a classic fantasy movie with magic and swordfights and even a dragon, and she managed to do very well.  She was even nominated for an Oscar for best actress and even though she didn’t win, it was an amazing time for her as Horizon CEO Gary Cline made an appearance at the ceremony.

The next movie she was going to star in was set in Alaska.  While they didn’t go there, they did go to the Saskatoon in the Algonkian-Manitou council.  While filming she stood too close to an explosion and she had to go to hospital as she couldn’t hear anything and she had vertigo.  There they did tests and found she had a punctured eardrum and some inner ear damage as well.  The eardrum closed up, but she had a permanent reduction of her hearing.  While she could get cyber ears to solve the issue, she decided not to as it would interfere with her magic.

A second blow came a couple of weeks later when she got the news that her sister had gone missing.  She went back to LA to search but she couldn’t find her.  She was about to give up when she heard from James Dermott, a Seattleite talismonger and friend of her old magic teacher, that her sister had been spotted in Seattle.  Immediately she moved there, but by the time she arrived she had been found dead.  She decided not to go back to LA and stay in Seattle to think things over, having her brother come over as well and subscribing him in a local school.  She lived on the money she had for now, but after a while she had to search for work again.  James brought her in contact with a Fixer, told her couple of things she would need and so started her career in the shadows.

Filmography
2068 Zombies of the deep - Nathalia (action/horror)
2068 Neil the Orc barbarian - Viera Santos (action, episode 10, season 17)
2069 Up the well - Sandra Turner (action/SF)
2069 Awaking - Laura Jasqui (action/comedy)
2069 Kung fu mage - Lisa Galletly (action)
2070 Crash 2.0, ACHE - captain Sylvia D'Angelo (action/reality)
2070 Crash 2.0, ACHE - captain Sylvia D'Angelo (trid game, voice)
2070 Karl combatmage - Sue White (episode 6+7, season 14) (action)
2071 Sadness, cubed - Laila (episode 2+3, season 3) (Dark comedy) (attitute p65)
2071 Dragons in the mist, Sevelda (action/fantasy) (Oscar nomination best actress)
2071 Dragons in the mist, Sevelda (trid game, voice)
plus some Horizon (and Horizon subsidiary) commercials

family:
Brother:
Marcus De la Vega: 14 year old Ork male.  He was at school when the earthquakes of 2069 hit LA and managed to get onto the roof of the school together with 20 others.  They were rescued after two days by PCC helicopters, but in that time only half of them were still alive.  Although he thought himself hard (and he was to survive in the neighbourhood they grew up in), he was still traumatised by these events.  When three weeks later he was finally re-united with his sisters Maria and Debby, he was tired from lack of sleep due to nightmares.  Maria managed to get him some counselling that did help him of most of his fears.

In 2071 his sister Debby went missing when he was back at school (and a better school than before, thanks to Maria’s sponsoring).  Maria was up North, but as soon as she heard, she came back to start a search.  When Maria relocated to Seattle, Marcus had to go with her (she was his guardian as she was the only family he had left).  He didn’t really like it, as he was used to sunny LA and Seattle was cold and rainy.  Also his new school, which Maria insisted he went to (she had managed to get a partial scholarship).  He didn’t understand why they couldn’t stay in LA, but his sister didn’t want any of it.  He did make a couple of new friends.  So while he wants to go back to LA, he still feels gratitude towards his big sister, who has taken him in and provided for him.  She’s also the only family he still has left and family counts for a lot. 

He tries his best at school, although he does struggle with some courses due to missed time during the earthquakes.  For the rest he is just as rebellious as any teenager.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <04-16-14/1901:32>
Name: Clementine Mitsui
Alias: Clem
Race: Ork
Sex: Female
Nationality: UCAS
Money: ¥35,295
Lifestyle: ¥ 2,000 (1 month paid) Comforts 2, Entertainment 2, Necessities 2, Neighbourhood 2, Security 2, Network Bottleneck, Worse Neighbours (Bunraku Parlour), Green Plan, Escape Tunnel
Karma: 8 (0 spent)
Physical Description: Stands at 6’1” tall, weighs around 105 Kg, usually wears her shoulder length wavy brown hair up in a bun. She looks quite fit for her build and has a relatively small chest. On her left thigh is an 8cm X 6cm traditional-looking tattoo of a crane, the symbol of the Takeda-gumi. It’s high enough so it doesn’t show unless she wears a miniskirt, which is quite rare.
Personality/background Clementine was born in Seattle and grew up in a rough neighbourhood. She quickly dropped out of school and got friendly with local members of the Takeda-gumi, one of which was a former classmate. She started working for the syndicate before she had realized it. Nothing too fancy at first: providing a safe house for members to cool down after hits, bad deals, etc.
 
After a few years, Clementine got assigned to escort protection, mostly from violent Johns. On one occasion though, a rival enforcer slipped through "surveillance" and was roughing up one of the best earners when Clementine stepped in and handled the enforcer with style. She proved so efficient that the gang boss was impressed enough to send her out to get outfitted/trained for a higher purpose. Upon coming back from her training, Clementine came right in the middle of a turf war against the Kanaga-gumi. She fought as hard as she could, but ultimately the syndicate lost the war, with the boss getting killed.
 
What nobody else knows is that the death of her boss was a direct consequence of Clementine failing her duties. She was supposed to guard the boss' condo, but was led astray chasing a suspicious shadow in the neighbourhood. While the other guards were left at the house, she took it upon herself to pursue the stalker, but ultimately didn't catch him/her. She came back to a blown up condo, with everything blown to smithereens. The boss' body was never actually found, but with bits of body parts everywhere, who would doubt his death?
 
Released from her syndicate, she started wandering the streets, a lost ronin in Seattle selling her skills to the highest bidder, with a grudge towards the syndicate responsible for her career change.
 
Attributes
 
BodyAgilityReactionStrength
55 (7)5 (7)3
CharismaIntuitionLogicWillpower
2433
EdgeMagicEssenceInitiative
3N/A4.29 (11)

Positive Qualities
Ambidextrous
High Pain Tolerance
Perceptive
Toughness
Negative Qualities
Big Regret (Boss’ Death)
Incompetent (Hacking)
Prejudiced (Outspoken about the Shotozumi-gumi)
SINner
Spirit Bane (Spirit of Beasts)
 
Active Skills
Close Combat Skill Group4
Firearms Skill Group4
Athletics Skill Group2
Heavy Weapons2
Perception3 (5)(+2 Audio, +3 Visual)
Pilot Ground Craft1
Knowledge Skills ( [Logic + Intuition] x 4 free points)
Yakuza Underworld4
Security Design4
Law-Enforcement Procedures4
Japanese Literature3
Firearms2
Language Skills
JapaneseN
English4

Cyber/Bioware
CyberwareEssenceCostNotes
Muscle Toner (2)0.416,000¥+2 to Agility
Synaptic Booster (2)1.0160,000¥+2 to both Reaction and IP
Reception Enhancer (2)0.440,000¥+2 to Perception

Gear
Katana (Personalized grip) 1,100
Ruger Super Warhawk 250
AZ-150 Stun Baton800
Colt Cobra TZ-110 (Personalized Grip, Sound Suppressor) 1,200
Colt Government 2066 (Personalized Grip, Silencer) 1,000
Vashon Island Steampunk Overcoat 1,000
Form-Fitting Full-Body Suit1,600
Stick-n-Shock ammo X125 (half caseless)1,000
Regular ammo X200 (half caseless)400
Spare Clips X1050
Flash-Bang Grenades X10300
Commlink (Fairlight Caliban, Novatech Navi, Hardening 6) 9,600
Fake SIN (4)(Fumiko Eckhart, UCAS)4,000\
Contact Lenses (3)(Flare Compensation, Image Link, Vision Enhancement 3)525\
Earbuds (2)(Audio Enhancement 3, Spatial Recognizer)420\
Metal Restraints (Mechanical with key)20
Plasteel Restraints X10500
Subvocal Microphone50
Vashon Island Steampunk Corset600
Vashon Island Steampunk Slacks400
Vashon Island Steampunk Blouse250
Commlink (Meta Link)100

Vehicles
Suzuki Mirage
HandlingAccelSpeedPilotBodyArmourSensorAvailabilityCost
+220/502001641-6,500¥

Contacts
ContactNotesC/L
Hiroshi HasegawaFormer Takeda-gumi member turned arms dealer3/3
Louis FreemanKnight Errand Detective3/2
Mathew BrownMinor Politician4/1
Unnamed armorerMarker for weapon purchase3/1
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <04-17-14/1543:51>
Street Name:Sam Torley
Race:Human
Sex:Male
Nationality:UCAS
Money:¥53,293
Lifestyle:¥10,000 (2 months paid)
Karma:8 (0 spent)
Physical Description:While very engaging in direct communication, he is nonetheless extremely average, and his exact appearance easily forgotten. Nothing about him stands out--unless he's talking to you.
Personality/background:It's amazing how easy life can be when everyone wants to help you out. Because of his innate charisma and his adept powers, almost everyone he meets ends up agreeing with him and doing what he asks them to. His parents doted on him, perhaps a bit more than is typical in a loving family; certainly, he tended to get whatever he asked for, even though the family's finances couldn't keep up with his requests. Eventually, he decided that his parents simply didn't make enough, and that he could get what he needed directly; he moved out and never looked back. Relying on the kindness of strangers worked surprisingly well, and he became adept at moving in and out of social circles. Naturally, this constant generosity became somewhat boring, so he decided to start Running to bring some excitement into his life. Sam recently joined the Club, a secretive magic group, after being convinced that he has some magical abilities.

Attributes
BodyAgilityReactionStrength
33 (5)22
CharismaIntuitionLogicWillpower
6522
EdgeMagicEssenceInitiative
4567

Positive Qualities
Adept
Astral Chameleon
Blandness
Negative Qualities
Combat Paralysis
Gremlins (Rating 2)
Poor Self Control (Thrill Seeker)

Active Skills
SkillRankPool
Influence Skill Group4
Stealth Skill Group3
Clubs27
Con413
Disguise38
Dodge35
Etiquette413
Infiltration38
Leadership415
Negotiation415
Palming38
Perception5 (Visual)10 (12)
Pilot Ground Craft13
Pistols16
Shadowing38
Unarmed Combat16
Knowledge Skills ( [Logic + Intuition] x 4 free points)
SkillRankPool
Alcohol27
Art24
Bars and Clubs49
Gangs38
Mafia27
Politics35
Yakuza16
Language Skills
SkillRankPool
EnglishN0
German27
Japanese16
Russian16
Spanish27
Sperethiel38

Adept Powers
PowerRatingPoints
Commanding Voice0.25
Improved Ability (Non-Combat) (Leadership)20.50
Improved Ability (Non-Combat) (Negotiation)20.50
Improved Physical Attribute (AGI)21.50
Kinesics31.50
Linguistics0.25
Voice Control0.50

Gear
Fichetti Tiffani Self-Defender¥350
Remington Roomsweeper¥0*
Telescopic Staff (Personalized Grip)¥200
Form-Fitting Half-Body Suit¥900
Mortimer of London: Berwick Dinner Jacket (Ensemble)¥3,100
Vashon Island: Synergist Short Jacket (Ensemble)¥1,200
Armor Vest¥600
Security Outfit x2¥100
Commlink (Novatech Airware, Mangadyne Deva, Suite: Basic User, Subvocal Microphone)¥2,400
Ammo: Regular Ammo (Holdouts) x46¥92
Ammo: Regular Ammo (Heavy Pistols) x15¥0*
Ammo: Regular Ammo (Heavy Pistols, shot) x50¥115
Ammo: Regular Ammo (Heavy Pistols, slug) x50¥115
Contact Lenses Rating 1 (Thermographic)¥150
DocWagon Contract: Basic¥5,000
Earbuds Rating 1 (Audio Enhancement Rating 3)¥310
Fake License (Fichetti Tiffani Self-Defender) Rating 4¥400
Fake License (Remington Roomsweeper) Rating 4¥460
Fake SIN (Samuel Torley (UCAS)) Rating 4¥4,000
Scent-masking Cigarette x5¥50
Spare Clip (Fichetti Tiffani Self-Defender) x3¥15
Spare Clip (Remington Roomsweeper) x3¥17
* Acquired during course of New Beginnings.

Vehicles
Ford Spiral 115Ti (Low-Cost Sports Car) (High Amenities)
HandlingAccelSpeedPilotBodyArmourSensorAvailabilityCost
+215/5518021061-¥46,00

Contacts
ContactNotesC/L
Domingo CortezDomingo "Dom" Cortez is a decendent of a Mexican drug runner who got fed up with his job and just kept heading north. Dom runs a slightly upscale club, the Cabana, in downtown. For the most part, his business is legitimate, though there are some "extra services" available (drugs, prostitutes, and making introductions, primarily) for those who know to ask for them. Dom also keeps his ears open.3/2
Dr. Marcia HalfmoonDoctor Halfmoon is an Amerind who runs a street clinic a few blocks away from downtown. She has a soft spot for orphans, and believes Sam to be one since he doesn't like to talk about his family.1/2
Josef HuxleySam's closest thing to an actual friend, Josef "Jo" Huxley is a well-connected socialite. Since his wealth is inherited, Jo doesn't have a day job; he tends to rest during the day so he can spend the evenings and nights partying. If someone has a lot of money, power, or both, chances are pretty good that Josef knows them.4/3
Lt. Paul HarrisLt. Harris has had a fairly lengthy career in law enforcement, most recently with Knight Errant. He's a solid cop who does his job well, though he lives more comfortably than his KE income would suggest possible--if the price is right and the risk of being caught minimal, he's not opposed to selling information. He taught Sam some basic self defense after chatting over martinis at a party.4/2
Sarah BarefootSarah Barefoot is an Amerind shaman that Sam met during a Run. She's fairly young and attractive, and the two of them have remained in touch. Although Sam has taken her to dinner once or twice, neither is actually interested in dating the other.2/2
Two-FingersTwo-Fingers, as he's known on the streets, is a former Yakuza who managed to get out mostly intact (other than those seven fingers and one thumb, he's fine). Sam doesn't know his real name, just that he has a knack for getting pretty much anything you ask for--drugs, weapons, information, you name it.3/1
LyraSam's primary contact for The Club.?/?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <04-17-14/1643:25>
Name: Patrick O'Connor
Alias: Bullet Storm
Race: Human
Gender: Male
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Nationality: U.C.A.S.

Lifestyle: Low - One Month Paid
Karma: 9 (3 remaining)
Nuyen: 38,834¥

Street Cred: 1
Notoriety: 6
Public Awareness: 2

Physical Description: Eyes: Brown    Hair: Brown (buzzcut) Weight: 81.65 kg / 180 lbs. Height: 1.83 m / 6’0”

Attributes

BodyAgilityReactionStrength
455 [8]3
CharismaIntuitionLogicWillpower
2333
EdgeMagicEssenceInitiative
3568 [11]

Positive Qualities
Adept
Ambidextrous
Aptitude (Dodge)
Negative Qualities
Addiction (Mild, Zen)
SINner (Criminal)
Bad Rep
Enemy (Street Gang - Azure Fists)
Vendetta (Street Gang - Azure Fists)

Active Skills
Firearms Group4
Close Combat Group3
Athletics Group2
.
Dodge(Ranged +2)7
Perception (Visual +2)3
Armorer (Firearms +2)1
Intimidation (Physical +2)1
Knowledge Skills
Redmond Barrens Area4
Redmond Barrens Street Gang Turfs4
Firearm History3
Firearm Design (Automatics +2)3
Action Movies3
Language Skills
EnglishN

Adept Powers
PowerCostNotes
Improved Ability (Dodge)1Rank: 2
Improved Reflexes4Rank: 3

Gear
Lifestyle
Low (Pine SIN) - 1 month
.
Weapons
Cavalier Scout x2
w/ Personalized Grip
w/ Skinlink
w/ Smartgun System
.
Fichetti Security 600 x2
(w/ Laser Sight)
w/ Barrel Extension
w/ Custom Look Level 2
w/ Melee Hardening
w/ Personalized Grip
w/ Skinlink
w/ Smartgun System
- Spare Clips x2
.
Ares Crusader x2
(w/ Extended Clip)
(w/ Gas-Vent 2 System)
w/ Fire Select Change (FA)
w/ Underbarrel Weight
w/ Personalized Grip
w/ Skinlink
w/ Smartgun System
- Spare Clips x2
.
Colt M23
w/ Sling
w/ Foregrip
w/ Gas-Vent 3 System
w/ Personalized Grip
w/ Skinlink
w/ Smartgun System
- Imaging Scope (Magnification)
-Flashlight
-Space Clips x2
.
Ruger 100
Ruger Super Warhawk
.
Explosive Rounds (Holdouts) x70
Explosive Rounds (Light Pistols) x294
Explosive Rounds (Machine Pistols) x382
Explosive Rounds (Assault Rifles) x353
Stick-n-Shock Rounds (Light Pistols) x30
Regular Rounds (Light Pistols) x8
Regular Rounds (Sports Rifles) x8
Regular Rounds (Heavy Pistols) x4
.
Survival Knife
Concealable Holster x2
Hidden Gun arm Slide x2
Quick-Draw Holster x2
.
Armor
Armor Jacket (festooned with chains and spikes)
-Fire Resistance R6
-Insulation R6
.
Armor Jacket (double breasted, oversized lapels)
.
Armor Vest
.
Identification and Licenses
Fake SIN (Mitchell Danvers) R4
Fake License (Driver's) R4
Fake License (Bodyguard) R4
Fake License (Conceal Carry) R4
Fake License (Cavalier Scout) R4 x2
Fake License (FS 600) R4 x2
Fake License (Ares Crusader) R4 x2
Fake License (Colt M23) R4
.
Fake SIN (Daniel Pine) R4
Fake License (Driver's) R4
.
Commlink
Hermes Ikon
Iris Orb
-Sim Module
-Skinlink
.
Commlink Accessories
Trodes
AR Gloves
Printer
.
Programs
Basic+ Suite
(Analyze R3, Browse R3, Command R1, Edit R3)
Encrypt R3
.
Visual Sensors
Contact Lenses R3
-Flare Compensation
-Image Link
Skinlink
Smartlink
.
Miscellaneous
Tag Eraser
Firearm Repair Kit
Survival Kit
Medkit R6
Stimulant Patch R3 x2
Zen x6
Clothing (Off-the-Rack Suit)

Vehicles
Honda Spirit
HandlingAccelSpeedPilotBodyArmorSensorAvailabilityCost
+110/20801861-10,000¥

Contacts
ContactC/L
Darrel "Tinkerer" Hillbourne (Weaponsmith)3/5
Enrique Ortega (Drug Dealer)2/1
SSG Jeffery Ulrich (Arms Dealer)4/1

Weaponsmith C: 3 L: 5
Darrel “Tinkerer” Hillbourne, Dwarf Male, 20, has always had a love of guns and a passion for taking them apart and making them better. Had he been born with a SIN, Hillbourne could’ve become a premier weaponsmith for an corporation. Having been born SINless in the Barrens, however, Hillbourne has to eke out a living by arming the gangs and other criminal elements in Redmond. Hillbourne and O’Connor have been close friends since childhood, and their six year separation did little to diminish their bond.
 
Drug Dealer C: 2 L: 1
Enrique Ortega, Orc Male, 20, is a two bit drug dealer that deals mainly in Zen. O’Connor, from time to time, needs to get away from his shitty life, and when he does he calls Ortega for a few hits of Zen. Ortega is as one dimensional as they come. Every single stereotype there is of drug dealers has been distilled to their purest form in Ortega. He’s as sleazy and shifty as the most caricatured media character.

Arms Dealer C: 4 L: 1
O'Connor was given an introduction to Staff Sergeant Ulrich as part of his payment for one hell of a run.

Background: Patrick O’Connor was born, June 10th, in the slums of Redmond to Relena O'Connor a prostitute and junkie. His mother did little to care for him, and he was lucky if her pimp didn't beat him up for “looking at him funny.” The only escape he had from his shitty existence where his beloved action movie, especially the trideo remakes of John Woo films. He always dreams of the day he’d be that badass and wouldn’t have to take shit, or beatings, from anyone ever again. Perhaps because of his home life, O’Connor came into his Talent as a physical adept at an early age, and spent his childhood honing his body to be agile and his reflexes to be quick so as to avoid injury. He didn’t realize that he was an adept for a long while, he’d always attributed his Talent to simply being a badass. Along the way he picked up his combat skills by sheer virtue of surviving the Barrens.
 
               At the age of twelve O’Connor ran away from home and fell in with a local gang, The Azure Fists. The AF is a moderate sized gang, but packed quite the punch from boasting an unusual number of physical adepts in their ranks. During the first preliminary trial of his gang initiation, O’Connor was tasked with playing look out while the gang lifted merchandise from a warehouse. It turned out that the gang’s hacker wasn’t nearly as good as he thought and a silent alarm was tripped. Lone Star was at the scene in minutes. In the scramble to escape one of the gang members tripped O’Connor and left him as a diversion while the rest of the gang got away.
 
               Being SINless, O’Connor wasn’t even given a trail. He was thrown to the mercies of the prison system, spending four in what passed for juvie and two in penitentiary. He spent the next six years plotting his revenge on the gang that had betrayed him. At age eighteen, O’Connor was spit up by the prison system right back into the Redmond Barrens. O’Connor hit up his childhood friend, Darrel Hillbourne, as kids they’d both been fascinated by firearms. As an adept, O’Connor had focused his gift on augmenting his combat prowess. As a mundane, Hillbourne focused his talents on building and modifying firearms. Hillbourne set O’Connor up with a gun and found him some work using that gun. After about a year of doing freelance odd jobs for the local powers, O’Connor had enough money to get some serious hardware and decided to start settling his old score with the Azure Fists.
 
               He hit one of their hangouts and hit it hard. When he was done, there was about a dozen bodies and a flaming building. In an uncanny bit of coincidence, that same night another party hit several of the gang’s upper echelon, taking out their targets along with their families and friends. O’Connor hadn’t been quiet about his attack on the gang, and most, including the Azure Fists, believe he was also responsible for the brutal targeted killings as well. The unknown party was content to let O’Connor take the heat for their actions, and O’Connor didn’t really mind it himself. If the gang was going to be coming to him, then it would save O’Connor the trouble of going to them. Now that his personal war was on, O’Connor became a shadowrunner to finance it.

Personality: O’Connor has two main sides; cocky and sullen. His ability to practically Matrix-dodge bullets while laying down withering hails of return fire has made O’Connor arrogant in the extreme. He views all other gunslingers as his inferiors and isn’t afraid to tell or show them that. When he isn’t bragging about his abilities, O’Connor continually replays his betrayal and imprisonment in his mind, while plotting the next step of his vengeance against the Azure Fists.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: RHat on <04-29-14/0759:35>
Extremely sorry for the delay.

Name: Fionn MacDarrach
Alias: Gordon O'Connor [Should note, selected this name for Fionn's fake SIN before the game started; I'm amused by the coincidence]
Race: Elf
Sex: Male
Nationality: Tír na nÓg
Lifestyle: Low
Karma Spent: 8

Attributes

BodyAgilityReactionStrength
3332
CharismaIntuitionLogicWillpower
7543
EdgeResonanceEssenceInitiative
3568

Positive Qualities
Paragon
Technomancer
Negative Qualities
In Debt (5000)
Lost Loved One
Pacifist (Minor)
Sensitive System
SINner (Standard)

Active Skills
Cracking Skill Group4
Electronics Skill Group1
Compiling6
Dodge1
Etiquette1
Longarms (Shotguns +2)1
Registering4
Knowledge Skills ( [Logic + Intuition] x 3 free points)
Magical Theory3
Matrix Phenomena (Emerged +2)5
Matrix Security3
Mythology (Celtic +2)5
Tír na nÓg2
Language Skills
EnglishN
Gaelic (Irish +2)3
Sperethiel (Irish +2)2

Spells/Complex Forms/Programs
Complex FormRating
Shield5
Smartlink1
Analyze1
Armour3
Attack3
Blackout4
Exploit4
Stealth5

Gear (XXXXX¥)
Lined Coat700 ¥
Securetech Arm Casings175 ¥
Securetech Forearm Guards200 ¥
Franchi SPAS-22 w/ Underbarrel Weight, Sling1285 ¥
20 Shotgun Ammo: Stick-n-Shock160 ¥
Meta Link w/ Vector Xim300 ¥
Fake SIN R3 (Gordon O'Connor)3000 ¥
Fake License R1 (Ammo)100 ¥
Fake License R2 (Shotgun)200 ¥
Glasses R3 w/ Flare Comp, Vision Enhancement R3, Vision Magnification525 ¥
Wireless Adapter150 ¥
Fiberoptic Cable5 ¥
Nanomemory*2400 ¥

Contacts
ContactC/L
Agrona3/1
Jimmy Abramovich1/3
Creidhne2/4

Physical Description
   Fionn stands about 1.9 metres tall (~6’3”), with the sort of slender build that is typical to elves.  Not particularly surprisingly for a native of the land once known as Ireland, his hair is red and his skin pale – and he’s even got the green eyes to go with it.  He has no cyberware, nor does he have any tattoos or similar markings; and his hair is kept a bit past shoulder length to allow him to cover his ears should he need to (back home, it was more a matter of warmth, but he’s finding it helpful in some areas of Seattle now, too).  Physically, he’s fairly unremarkable – though a little gaunt due to missed meals while in the ‘trix and now due to just not having enough to eat.   Normally he speaks with a Dublin accent, as that is where he was born and raised, but can slip into other accents if he needs to. 

   He tends to keep a warm longcoat on hand (being used to a northern coastal climate), and brought some decent enough formal clothes with him in addition to the more casual everyday stuff he had.  Most of the time, he’s just wearing whatever’s the most comfortable – usually just pants and a t-shirt.  He’s usually got a decent hat on, too – not a ball cap, trucker hat, or similar, but the sort he can get away with in less casual circumstances too (fedoras, flat caps, that sort of thing).  For colder days, he keeps a pair of black synthleather gloves in his coat pocket.

   On a behavioural note, he tends to be distracted from meatspace much of the time, and when speaking of anything relating to Resonance or the Emerged he can be very cryptic and frames it in terms of his particular brand of technoshamanism.  Further, he will avoid killing wherever it is possible, and rapidly becomes reticent about working with those who would kill without cause – he’d walk away from almost any job that demanded killing, unless there was something truly important about it and no other way to achieve the goal; wetwork is completely out of the question in his mind.  Fortunately, Agrona knows this about him so it hasn’t caused him much of a problem yet.  When he’s approaching a job, he looks for ways to get in and out without a fight so that people don’t have to get hurt – which tends to mean his work is done with a certain base level of discretion.

   He’s got himself holed up in the crappy apartment Maeve had been living in which he arranged (in addition with the acquisition of certain supplies) through Agrona.  Much of his downtime is spent interacting with the Matrix, and especially with sprites.  He’s still in contact with the professor that brought him into the resonance network, and is notionally still a member, but his leave of absence from the University means that this is mostly just looking for one another’s perspectives on new information or papers – that, and he’s still submitting the odd bit of work to the said professor and the network itself.  As a follower of a Paragon he calls Lugh (mechanically the 01 Paragon, just reframed into a Celtic context to fit the character), he takes seriously the protection of any in his care, and is demoralized should he fail in such an action.  He views Dissonant technomancers and other Dissonant entities as “the Enemy”, though he’s never yet had direct contact with any such beings.  He remains somewhat academically minded, and will tend to share any data he finds relevant with the network.

Background
   Fionn MacDarrach never meant to fall into the shadows.

   Native to Tír na nÓg, Fionn and his twin sister, Maeve, grew up as otaku in a country with little opportunity for shadowrunners and thus little opportunity to hone their talents.  Fionn, for his part, kept mostly to himself in the Matrix, looking for the Deep Resonance he’d heard rumours of.  Maeve, on the other hand, was the black sheep of the family; she used her gifts mischievously, defacing public nodes or other, similar activity with no direct goal in mind.  Inevitably, she fell in with a pretty bad crowd that got her to use her gifts for the benefits of their own misdeeds, causing a lot of strife between her and Fionn – he found himself having to intercede when she got herself into trouble, inserting himself into risky situations he’d much rather have stayed out of or having to hurt others through cybercombat; he didn’t like it but he couldn’t leave her hung out to dry.  After the second Crash, Maeve tried to turn her life around; she and Fionn had ideas about working in the government and being able to influence Matrix policy – especially following the Emergence, which left both of them with new technomantic abilities.  Somehow, though, Maeve’s old gang found out about her new abilities and decided that they could use her to deal a blow to some rivals.  She wanted no part of it, but they tried to blackmail her into it with the threat of forwarding the evidence of some of what she and Fionn had done before the Crash to the authorities, at best ruining their chances of ever getting into the government; the worst didn’t bear thinking about.  Rather than tell Fionn and expose him to more risk, she decided to handle the problem herself by destroying the evidence.  It worked, but she didn’t get away clean - she set off an alarm when destroying the last bit of data; they knew who was responsible.

   Maeve had to get away or else she’d face the gang’s retribution; finally she explained what was going on to Fionn so he’d help her get away.  He’d had some money saved up from working part-time as a security consultant for a bunch of shops and such that either didn’t rate a full time spider or needed to shore up their automatic systems.  Fionn knew someone from back when Maeve still ran with the gang that used to warn him when trouble was starting up for her; this contact had gone on to become a fairly connected fixer.  He just happened to have a smuggler looking for Matrix support for a team protecting a shipment to Seattle (Fionn never did find out what the shipment was), so Fionn, with the help of a small financial incentive, was able to arrange for Maeve to be able to take that job and get out of the country.  As part of her payment for the job, Maeve was to be setup with a local fixer to get her setup in the new city.  She never told Fionn much about the work she was doing, but they kept in touch pretty much constantly – the Matrix was so much a home for them that it didn’t really seem like they were so far apart.  And that’s just how it was for a couple of years.

   After he graduated, Fionn was accepted to the University of Galway (and rapidly became very happy he spoke Gaelic) and began a broad course of study ranging from courses on the new Matrix across to Celtic mythology, and further still to the Awakening and everything that came out of it.  He’d long held a sort of spiritual view of the Resonance (though he’d never before heard about Dissonance), but he’d never really been able to delve into the subject with anyone – Maeve, the only other technomancer he’d been aware of, saw the Matrix as more of a web of connections; she saw herself as moving along the strands forming that web.  One of his professors, however, took note; one night while he was attempting to register a sprite a living persona he hadn’t seen before appeared in the node.  He identified himself as Fionn’s Introduction to Post-Crash Phenomena professor and invited him to a meeting in a hidden and secured node the following night; when Fionn asked how he accessed it he was informed that this was the first test.   Enlisting the aid of sprites he knew as Ecne and Flidais, he was able to gain access and join the local resonance network – finally giving him a chance to explore his ideas on the Resonance.  It was here that he first heard about Dissonance, and was introduced to the idea of submersion. 

He studied there for a few years, but near the end of the fall term his third he lost all contact with Maeve – he figured maybe she was just going radio silent for a bit.   Then his parents called and asked if he’d heard anything from her in the past couple of weeks, but Fionn reassured them that they didn’t need to be worried and that she was probably just busy or something – it’s not like that would have been unlike her.  Then a friend of hers from Seattle, Jimmy, contacted him asking if she’d gone home or something.  Now Fionn started to get worried.  He scoured the Matrix with the aid of Flidais, but turned up no sign; this could be because she didn’t want to be found, but he knew it could be something worse.  So he applied for a leave of absence from the University and left for Seattle to try to find her.  Once he got to the city, his first stop was to investigate her apartment; it didn’t look like there’d been any sort of struggle there, and in fact it was nearly pristine.  All he really found was tag broadcasting an ARO reading “Agrona Meet @ 3”.  After a little investigation into the name (Jimmy apparently didn’t recognize it), it appeared to be the name of a low-level fixer; once Fionn tracked her down and convinced her of who he was she explained that she was the fixer Maeve had been put in touch with – and that Maeve’s crew hadn’t shown up for a 3:00 meeting about a job a few weeks back. She’d done some investigation of her own, but hadn’t gotten much of a lead.  The crew seemed to just vanish.  However, she was willing to help him out, if he’d take care of a couple of jobs for her…

That was just weeks ago.  Now he needs to pay his bills, find some sort of lead on what happened to Maeve, and keep himself alive to do it – and he can only hope he can figure out how to survive the shadows in time.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <04-30-14/2324:19>
we are live. http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=16293.0 (http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=16293.0)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <05-01-14/0634:09>
5 is always a good number :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <05-02-14/0557:05>
forgot to do my knowledge skills to see if I know something about him myself.  I think there are two that might be applicable (or even both), namely Horizon media and celebrity gossip.
logic 4 + horizon media 2 =6 (6d6.hits(5)=1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4488249/)
intuition 3 + celebrity gossip 3 =6 (6d6.hits(5)=5) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4488250/)

I'll probably know more about the gossip part of Mr. Slade's than about his carreer
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <05-05-14/1322:42>
Sorry, fell off the world for a bit there.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <05-05-14/1831:37>
Okay, so unless there is something major that needs to be covered, let me get posts showing when an how you arrive at the pier.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <05-10-14/1251:45>
Thvor go ahead and give me a negotiations roll, and assume when there is money involved I will want one right away for here on.  You will most likely max out, but who knows glitches happen.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <05-10-14/1422:01>
Quote from: Negotiations Roll
15d6.hits(5) = 4 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4497384/)

Right, should have thought to do that this morning. That's what I get for playing so early. :) Four hits isn't that great, I'm afraid, but no glitches.

BTW, I'm buying a house on Thursday, so I may not be on much from Wed. evening through Saturday.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <05-11-14/0157:26>
Congratulations on the house!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <05-11-14/0227:41>
Congrats Thvor.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <05-11-14/0733:48>
Absolutely, ditto, welcome to all the joys of being a homeowner.  ??? :o :P :-\ :'(     ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <05-19-14/1532:35>
You have approximately 12 hours to conduct any prep activities or legwork you may need to accomplish once dinner is over (eat your fill, Slade's dime), that will include whatever passes as a good night's sleep, so figure that in.

Go ahead and make any rolls you may need,
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <05-19-14/1547:05>
Okay, I'll start off with remembering what I can about Pandora, Big Ben and Pathfinder.  Since my magical trids, horizon media and acting knowledge skills (which all can be applicable depending) are at the same level, I'll just run the dice and don't worry about what the skill said.  They're interchangable.

Pandora:
logic 4 + horizon media 2 =6 intuition 3 + celebrity gossip 3 =6 (6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4507327/)

Big Ben:
logic 4 + horizon media 2 =6 intuition 3 + celebrity gossip 3 =6 (6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4507360/)

Pathfinder:
logic 4 + horizon media 2 =6 intuition 3 + celebrity gossip 3 =6 (6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4507362/)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <05-19-14/1659:54>
Rolling to see if those names ring any bells.

Big Ben
Action Movies 3 + Intuition 3 = Pool 6
6d6.hits(5) → [2,6,6,5,4,2] = (3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4507417/)

Pathfinder
Action Movies 3 + Intuition 3 = Pool 6
6d6.hits(5) → [6,3,1,4,4,1] = (1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4507794/)

Pandora
Action Movies 3 + Intuition 3 = Pool 6
6d6.hits(5) → [1,5,4,1,1,5] = (2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4507795/)
Glitch
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <05-20-14/0614:54>
Is there any chance Clem's new gun will be ready in time for the run?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <05-20-14/0734:35>
Is there any chance Clem's new gun will be ready in time for the run?

No chance, Clem hasn't even been contacted by the customizer yet.

Okay, I'll start off with remembering what I can about Pandora, Big Ben and Pathfinder.  Since my magical trids, horizon media and acting knowledge skills (which all can be applicable depending) are at the same level, I'll just run the dice and don't worry about what the skill said.  They're interchangable.

Pandora:
logic 4 + horizon media 2 =6 intuition 3 + celebrity gossip 3 =6 (6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4507327/)

Big Ben:
logic 4 + horizon media 2 =6 intuition 3 + celebrity gossip 3 =6 (6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4507360/)

Pathfinder:
logic 4 + horizon media 2 =6 intuition 3 + celebrity gossip 3 =6 (6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4507362/)

Pathfinder is a major studio under the Horizon umbrella, and Ben Howard and Pandora are both rising stars.  Before you left LA, your agents was looking at various projects involving one or the other or both, but nothing that ever got off the ground.  You have met them both, naturally, since you were in the same circles, but never more than a bit of the "Hi, love your work." kind of chat at a studio or charity function.  If the two are working together, and it has actually gotten to filming, one of the them is operating out of their traditional comfort zone.  Howard does heavy message stuff and Pandora got her start in action, but both seem to be the types to branch out.  Pandora is supposed to be chummers with Christy Daee, a nova-hot singing talent on the rise.

Rolling to see if those names ring any bells.

Big Ben
Action Movies 3 + Intuition 3 = Pool 6
6d6.hits(5) → [2,6,6,5,4,2] = (3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4507417/)

Pathfinder
Action Movies 3 + Intuition 3 = Pool 6
6d6.hits(5) → [6,3,1,4,4,1] = (1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4507794/)

Pandora
Action Movies 3 + Intuition 3 = Pool 6
6d6.hits(5) → [1,5,4,1,1,5] = (2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4507795/)
Glitch

You have never heard of Ben Howard, but Pandora is definitely a name you know, she got her start when Pathfinder rebooted the Star Wars franchise, but she is one of those slots that thinks she is better than to originals.  She has supposedly spoken ill of every major female actress from the original movies, Portman (Amidala 1-3), Fisher (Leia 4-6), Hudson and Garner (Jaina Solo and Mara Jade 7-9).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <05-20-14/1258:54>
We definately have to do a shopping spree with everybody.  Sam and Sammy can make sure the others are correctly dressed.

As an FYI, I'll be on holiday next week (from Sunday to Saturday).  I might have internet, but probably not much and definately not much time to be online much.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <05-20-14/2115:02>
To be honest, I think Clem's Steampunk attire should be more than appropriate for the job. Granted it's not something anyone would wear at the governor's ball, it should be fashionable enough for her not to be mistaken for O'Connor's date.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <05-21-14/0119:18>
To be honest, I think Clem's Steampunk attire should be more than appropriate for the job. Granted it's not something anyone would wear at the governor's ball, it should be fashionable enough for her not to be mistaken for O'Connor's date.

What Clem thinks is appropriate and what Sammy thinks is appropriate is probably not entirely the same.  :)
Besides, a Zoé business dress has armour.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <05-21-14/0120:46>
Fair enough, let's see how this plays out :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <05-22-14/1423:33>
Just so you as a group know, I had no idea and what a razor clam was either, and I am not a great eater of seafood anyway.  Googling the dish didn't help much, but I think I figured out that it was a mollusk that is not eaten in the shell.  I have been imagining it as something like calamari over pasta if that helps.  I won't be trying it anytime soon, the only oyster I have ever eaten tasted like warm, spicy rubberized snot, how is that an aphrodisiac?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <05-22-14/1433:15>
Just so you as a group know, I had no idea and what a razor clam was either, and I am not a great eater of seafood anyway.  Googling the dish didn't help much, but I think I figured out that it was a mollusk that is not eaten in the shell.  I have been imagining it as something like calamari over pasta if that helps.  I won't be trying it anytime soon, the only oyster I have ever eaten tasted like warm, spicy rubberized snot, how is that an aphrodisiac?

Probably because after oysters everything else sounds wonderful.  :)

As to the razor clams, I've never eaten them, but I do know about them (as a scuba diver I've seen quite a lot of strange things).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <05-22-14/1823:39>
I'm not a big seafood guy either, so don't ask me. :)

Anyhow, Sam's going to go along with whatever for now; he's got good clothing, but trusts Sammy's fashion sense as well. As for me, I'm going off to Balticon this weekend, so will probably be a little sporadic in when I check in.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <05-22-14/2211:15>
Personally, I just love seafood.

And Clem is convinced Sammy's talking about other people in the team, so she's not sure if she should accompany everyone on a shopping trip or if she should spend more time preparing and reviewing her gear.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: RHat on <05-22-14/2233:52>
See, I don't get why a Lined Coat doesn't work just fine...  :P

But on a shopping related note:  Fionn has no weaponry right now - never got his shotgun fixed.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <05-22-14/2301:26>
I'm sure the whole team assumes that "everyone" just means O'Connor.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <05-23-14/2208:21>
Logistically, someone will need to make a check in with contacts to make this security suit shopping trip happen, and you have issues that may seriously impact price.  There is a similar situation regarding Red's firearm problem.  In both case you are looking at some off the shelf with no time for customizing or tailoring.  Anything up to an availability of 6 is commercially available, but if you go that route it needs to be noted what ID is making the purchases.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <05-24-14/0443:37>
So basically, all the fashionable and high-end stuff Sammy had in mind will be stock and need a contact.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <05-24-14/0653:42>
It doesn't have to be the latest fashion, it just have to look as if you belong somewhere other than the Barrens.  The problem is that Necro has always stated that O'Connor is wearing Barren's clothes and those won't allow you into the needle.  The others should be okay, Vashion Island, Mortimer, Zoé are all no problem.  So in order to make it easy for everybody, let's assume O'Connor's armour is not the problem (he will have made sure it is still in good condition I assume), it's just the clothing he wears with it.  So a quick trip to the shop to get some nicer looking trousers and a decent shirt and vest to wear under that armour jacket of yours and we should be okay.  and that shouldn't cost too much either.

For weapons only the ID issue might be a problem, as an Ares Predator is 4R and you don't need many mods on that one.  It might be easier if someone has a spare weapon.  And secondly, don't even think about walking into the Needle with anything bigger than a heavy pistol, no matter who you are and what licences you have.

Also, I might not be on much the next week, as I'm on holiday and I don't know what I will have in the way of internet access.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <05-24-14/0818:26>
Sam has his normal Self Defender and the Roomsweeper we picked up during the last run. Fionn's welcome to the latter if he wants; Sam isn't really a gun guy. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: RHat on <05-24-14/1719:13>
And, of course, Fionn doesn't have any other combat skills.  A lightly armed drone might be an option; I'll have to crack open Seattle 2072 when I get home.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <05-27-14/1750:28>
If a professional appearance is part of the equation, I am going to have to disagree with the idea that O'Connor's jacket fits the bill.  It is pure street chic, badassery gear.

If a coordinated professional appearance is the goal, then all of you have some shopping to do.  Even Clementine, whose professional gear is most in line with the idea of personal security, has a personal style that would look inappropriate on some of the rest of you.

Regardless, if you are looking to avoid SIN entanglements, someone is going to have to call on a contact or do some other kind of legwork.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <05-27-14/1755:25>
On a separate note, I need a Memory roll from Clem and O'Connor.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <05-27-14/2222:19>
Memory Test
Logic 3 + Willpower 3 = Pool 6
6d6.hits(5) → [2,4,1,5,4,6] = (2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4515719/)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <05-28-14/0147:08>
I don't think buying a suit is that much of a problem to do on a fake or even a real SIN.  It's perfectly legal.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <05-28-14/1133:49>
It is perfectly legal, but what you are talking about is getting professional clothes after 7pm for early the next morning, that takes some juice nowadays.  Several suits of said in different sizes if you are going for a coordinated look.  Remember also, even clothing can have all the ARO and tracer bits that a good shadow contact will make sure are not there, or at least are never activated and registered.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <05-28-14/1203:38>
Can't we just go to one of those malls which are open until very late.  And those suits don't have to have all the exact same look, they just have to be presentable.  We can worry about the tags later (if someone doesn't have a tag eraser on his/her equipement list). 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <05-28-14/1553:24>
You can go that route, for some very utilitarian gear.  Are you going for a coordinated look for the group?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <05-29-14/1858:47>
To clarify O'Connor's statement, one of the reasons that most folks don't 'loot' weapons in Shadowrun, beyond personal style, is the fact that weapons tend to be a link between criminal activity.  You start using the piece you took off a ganger you beat up, you might find out the wrong way that the same weapon matches ballistics with an unsolved murder.  Considering the owner of the particular weapon, that is a likely situation.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <05-29-14/1954:30>
...and, of course, it's something I didn't think for Sam to ask his fixer to do anything about. :(
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: RHat on <05-29-14/2003:56>
Which is kinda irrelevant, because Fionn has a dice pool of 2 to use that weapon.  :P
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <05-30-14/0751:15>
Sam is still a little bit new to the game, so he probably wouldn't think of it.  Good thing you got O'Connor around as a hardened criminal element :)

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-02-14/1216:08>
Okay sound off, want to make sure everyone is back to see if we can move this along.

If you guys are in agreement to the idea of just getting some utilitarian security clothes that don't need any special gee-gaws or gadgets and not worrying about tags, or a tailored fit, we can skip over the shopping trip and jump ahead to the next morning.

Additionally, if O'Connor and whoever is using it, Fionn or Sam, are cool with it, O'Connor can take the Roomsweeper to Darryl and get it cleaned (the dwarf will just do a quick swap with a stock weapon of the type and deal with it later).  By the way Rhat, since Fionn is specialized in Shotguns and the 'sweeper is similarly used weapon, I will negate the defaulting penalty, it is still just an attribute test though.

A plain security look will set you back 50 nuyen, I would suggest every one get this or the armored variant for 500, probably two or three.  You can additionally get an armored equipment vest to complete the look for 600, Darryl's services will also be 50.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <06-02-14/1349:57>
I'm fine with off-the-rack security clothing; for deciding which variant to get, what's the armor rating? Is it from one of the rule books, or is it specific to this story line? :)

And Sam's not overly concerned with the roomsweeper. He's not a big gun guy, so if O'Connor wants it swapped out, he's fine with that.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <06-02-14/1538:55>
I'm fine with it too, as long as we know the armour rating.  I can always wear my form-fitting armour beneath.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-02-14/1938:25>
Armored clothing and vest are rated as per rulebook.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <06-02-14/2028:17>
I'll take the regular suit and the armored vest, so 650¥ total. With the caveat, I have a tag eraser, I'm using it.

Can armor be modded after the fact, or does it have to be special made with mods?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-02-14/2216:46>
I would imagine that would depend on the mod, it could be possible to do any but it would probably be cheaper and easier to get a new one with most of them.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <06-03-14/0031:30>
Do matching uniforms really matter? Clem's armour rating is higher now than if she purchased the other one.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <06-03-14/0127:46>
I've never had matching suits, so I don't think it matters.  If it doesn't, I'm not going to buy anything either, as I have an armoured vest already (unmodded, my mods are on the form-fitting armour below) and I think my wardrobe is large enough to get something that looks like 'security' out of it.  I can't wear more than an armoured vest + form-fitting armour anyways to avoid the 'bulkiness' penalty (don't know the official term from the book and I don't have my books here).  So for me either is okay, except that O'Connor really needs a new look.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <06-03-14/0558:04>
The way I read it, I think it's only O'Connor that needs to take things up a notch.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <06-03-14/0947:29>
And O'Connor is only going to 'take things up a notch' if this is a whole group thing. If its basically just everyone trying to browbeat him to get all this, he's gonna tell everyone to piss off.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <06-03-14/1011:52>
Sam's fine with going with a group look. Regular clothes & armor vest (¥650) seem to be his best bet (without getting an encumbrance penalty). He'll have to leave his regular half-body suit at home, though, so he won't have quite the armor rating he normally does. And he'll probably mutter a bit about the poor tailoring. ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-03-14/1054:53>
As I said before, if the goal is a professional look for the group, I would suggest same/similar uniforms.  You each have a style that depicts your strengths, none of which (except Clementine) is security.  Individually, you look professional, together, you are a mishmash.

With Clementine, as I said, her look lends itself to this work and she benefits from that gear.  But if the rest dresses down in utilitarian gear, she will stand out, possibly as a leader or at least the primary contact for the group, visually.  As this seems to be in conflict with her personality, that, as well as uniformity, would be a reason to buy gear.

Okay, so that should settle the matter, please post what your final purchase will be, if any, and modify your sheet to reflect it.  Is O'Connor buying two set of clothes and paying for the gun, or three sets?  if not, who is?

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <06-03-14/1750:13>
Armor Vest x1: 600¥
Suit x1: 50¥
Total: 650¥

O'Connor's not paying for the gun. In his mind he was generous enough to point out Torley's oversight and down right saintly to have it corrected. He ain't footing the bill too.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: RHat on <06-03-14/1858:18>
By the way Rhat, since Fionn is specialized in Shotguns and the 'sweeper is similarly used weapon, I will negate the defaulting penalty, it is still just an attribute test though.

3 dice is still less than exciting, though if we can get a Smartlink from Darryl (Fionn will pay, extra if need be)...  Guessing that dispensation only applies to shot rounds, though?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <06-03-14/2105:11>
Clem will buy the suit/vest if everyone else does, but odds are a cowboy elf won't mind if his security is not dressed uniformly.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-04-14/0003:19>
By the way Rhat, since Fionn is specialized in Shotguns and the 'sweeper is similarly used weapon, I will negate the defaulting penalty, it is still just an attribute test though.

3 dice is still less than exciting, though if we can get a Smartlink from Darryl (Fionn will pay, extra if need be)...  Guessing that dispensation only applies to shot rounds, though?

He can't, possibly won't, fit in a mod tonight, but if O'Connor puts in a good word for Fionn, and you sweeten the pot sufficiently, he might get it done tomorrow.

You guess correctly.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <06-04-14/0112:27>
What's the interval for the extended tests on gun mods? If its short enough, O'Connor could do the work himself, for a hefty markup, of course.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-04-14/0145:22>
What's the interval for the extended tests on gun mods? If its short enough, O'Connor could do the work himself, for a hefty markup, of course.

You could do it, but you would be expecting a lot from your contact who you would be taking business from.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <06-04-14/0300:32>
You could do it, but you would be expecting a lot from your contact who you would be taking business from.

For a smartlink, O'Connor would have to use Darrell's equipment, so he'd get a sizable cut anyway. O'Connor doing the work just guarantees it gets done.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: RHat on <06-04-14/0317:49>
By the way Rhat, since Fionn is specialized in Shotguns and the 'sweeper is similarly used weapon, I will negate the defaulting penalty, it is still just an attribute test though.

3 dice is still less than exciting, though if we can get a Smartlink from Darryl (Fionn will pay, extra if need be)...  Guessing that dispensation only applies to shot rounds, though?

He can't, possibly won't, fit in a mod tonight, but if O'Connor puts in a good word for Fionn, and you sweeten the pot sufficiently, he might get it done tomorrow.

You guess correctly.

Whoo, lethal rounds for the pacifist! :P

And if he's got the external version, that'd work just fine too.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <06-04-14/0439:08>
I'm curious to see how O'Connor doing a favour for Fionn would play out.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <06-04-14/0502:03>
I'm curious to see how O'Connor doing a favour for Fionn would play out.
Profitably or hilariously, for O'Connor at least.

If O'Connor had the technical ability, this (http://youtu.be/hyeYs8JPqdY?t=1m10s) would happen with Fionn's smartlink.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <06-04-14/1027:49>
Okay, so that should settle the matter, please post what your final purchase will be, if any, and modify your sheet to reflect it.  Is O'Connor buying two set of clothes and paying for the gun, or three sets?  if not, who is?

Sam will pay for the gun, since he hopes that Fionn will manage to not turn it into a chunk of scrap metal. ;) And since he likes having clean clothing, he'll take two outfits & the vest, for a total expenditure of 750 (600 vest, 100 clothing, 50 gun cleaning). Updated character sheet.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-04-14/1323:14>
You could do it, but you would be expecting a lot from your contact who you would be taking business from.

For a smartlink, O'Connor would have to use Darrell's equipment, so he'd get a sizable cut anyway. O'Connor doing the work just guarantees it gets done.

Okay so let's be clear, you will cut into getting a good night's sleep, (figure about an hour for shopping, two for the work if you make the roll and another two for all involved travel leaves about 4 hours for sleep max) and either kick Darrell out of his own shop OR keep HIM awake while you work (Likely both), and you expect to make money on the deal? I think I need to see this IC :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <06-06-14/1944:42>
If it's really that much of a hassle, then screw it. O'Connor's not gonna go out of his way for Fionn. So, I was willing to give dice rolls, not much more.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <06-07-14/0339:33>
So that's clothing for Sam and of course O'Connoll, a quick swap of the gun for Fion and we're good to go, right?
Let's get a move on, someone wants to see how good her disguise is to a fellow trid star.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <06-07-14/1043:20>
I think that's it. I'll wait for confirmation before writing anything in the IC though, just in case...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-07-14/1119:26>
So that's clothing for Sam and of course O'Connoll, a quick swap of the gun for Fion and we're good to go, right?

Sorry, but no.

And O'Connor is only going to 'take things up a notch' if this is a whole group thing. If its basically just everyone trying to browbeat him to get all this, he's gonna tell everyone to piss off.

I am sorry, I had a couple of tests last week, I meant to post a feed to get the chat going between Fionn and O'Connor, but I am just as happy to let that piece go.  The clothing thing is a big deal though.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <06-07-14/1707:45>
Sam is taking them, and Sammy can do as well.  An extra armoured vest can't hurt (different make and colour, so it goes with other things), and my mods are on my form-fitting armour anyways.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-09-14/0923:11>
I am going to assume at this point that Rhat will have Fionn buy at least 1 suit for the sake of moving on and post the next IC bit in a few..
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <06-09-14/2043:09>
Just so I'm clear, did everyone get matching uniforms? Because even if one other person isn't wearing one, Clem will bring her usual clothing to the meet.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <06-10-14/0957:37>
Crossbow: Just in case you want them (not sure which is more appropriate):

Etiquette: 13d6.hits(5) = 3 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4530903/)
Negotiation: 15d6.hits(5) = 3 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4530904/)

No glitches for either of them. And for anyone who cares, I've got the end sequence to the movie Arlington Road running through my head now...not that I recommend it if you haven't seen it; it's a bit of a downer. :o

Also, I think Clem should be the driver. Sam knows how to drive, but his reaction stat is...rather low. ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <06-10-14/1852:12>
I was thinking Clem would be an escort outside on her bike.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <06-10-14/2013:34>
Well, if that's your preference, go ahead and make the suggestion IC. I just thought it made the most sense because as far as I know, she and Sam are the only ones with the pilot ground craft skill--but Sam only has a total of 3 dice for any driving tests. If something goes wrong en route, Clem would have a better chance getting the goods out of there.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: RHat on <06-10-14/2019:18>
That does seem like a good idea, actually - Clem's bike is a touch faster going flat out, so if we get into a chase situation having it on hand might open up some options we wouldn't have otherwise.

And while he doesn't have the skill, Fionn does have his ways - sprite piloting can be pretty effective, after all.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <06-11-14/0151:28>
I just hope putting the 2 physical characters in the same vehicle does not bite us in the ass later on...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <06-13-14/1403:40>
I need base Perception rolls from every one and a listing of potential Mods to the roll, but DO NOT add them into the pool.  I also need Piloting rolls from Clem and Torley, the van uses the stats for an unmodified Bulldog Stepvan.  If anyone has a bright idea about trying to fight traffic, make relevant rolls.

Perception: 10d6.hits(5) = 5 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4534230/)
 + Visual specialization: 2d6.hits(5) = 1 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4534231/), total of 6.

Piloting: 3d6.hits(5) = 1 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4534232/)
 + Handling (forgot about this, sorry): 2d6.hits(5) = 2 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4534233/), total of 3.

For anyone (like me) who needs a refresher:
Quote from: SR4a p.168
To make a vehicle test, the character rolls Reaction + the appropriate vehicle skill +/– the vehicle’s Handling.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <06-13-14/1446:08>
Perception 3 + Intuition 3 = Pool 6
6d6.hits(5) → [3,4,5,5,5,5] = (4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4534286/)

+ Visual Specialization 2
2d6.hits(5) → [1,3] = (0) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4534289/)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <06-13-14/2143:26>
Here:

Intuition 4 + Perception 3 (7d6.hits(5)=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4534595/)

Perceptive 2 + Vision Enhancement 3 + Audio Enhancement 3 (8d6.hits(5)=1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4534601/) I put the audio enhancement just in case, but it doesn't make a difference anyways.


Piloting 1 + Reaction 7 + Handling 0 (8d6.hits(5)=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4534606/)

No glitches.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <06-14-14/0531:12>
Perception roll:
intuition 3 + perception 2 =5 (5d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4534948/)

mods: audio or visual enhancers 2: enhancers 2 (2d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4534949/)

negative mods: for hearing, I have a -3 because of my reduced sense (hearing) negative quality.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-17-14/0031:25>
Waiting for perception rolls from Fionn and maybe a little IC chatter in the van.  Anybody there?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: RHat on <06-17-14/0105:09>
Sorry, still here.

Perception, Intuition-1; Vision Enhancement 3 (4d6.hits(5)=2, 3d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4537995/)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <06-17-14/0127:56>
I was the last one to reply IC, so I'm waiting for the others before replying again.  I don't want to hijack the thread.  Sammy has been in the spotlights, but she's not anymore.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <06-17-14/0213:26>
Are the characters talking through the comms or is it just the van crew talking to themselves?

Edit: I have a feeling Sammy's ride will be miserable...  :P
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <06-17-14/0255:09>
It won't be that bad.  And I'm in your backs, so a stunbolt is easy to use.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <06-17-14/1218:13>
Make surprise checks, van occupants receive a -2 modifier to the check and and Initiative for the first round.

Yeah, this'll work out well...
Surprise (2 REA, 5 INT, -3 CP): 4d6.hits(5)=3 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4538239/)  :o
...if I'm reading the description correctly, Sam also gets the +3 bonus for being alerted: 3d6.hits(5)=2 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4538243/), total of 5.

Initiative: 4d6.hits(5)=1 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4538263/), for an initiative score of 8.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-17-14/1244:01>
Make surprise checks, van occupants receive a -2 modifier to the check and and Initiative for the first round.

Yeah, this'll work out well...
Surprise (2 REA, 5 INT, -3 CP): 4d6.hits(5)=3 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4538239/)  :o
...if I'm reading the description correctly, Sam also gets the +3 bonus for being alerted: 3d6.hits(5)=2 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4538243/), total of 5.

Initiative: 4d6.hits(5)=1 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4538263/), for an initiative score of 8.

Yep, you got the bonus.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <06-17-14/1302:57>
surprise test:
intuition 3 + logic 4 -2 =5 (5d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4538291/)

initiative:
initiative 6 (6d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4538295/)
total initiative of 8

At least O'Connor can get his frustration worked out of him, before we have to behave again.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <06-17-14/1828:22>
Surprise Test
Reaction 8 + Intuition 3 - Penalty 2 = Pool 9
9d6.hits(5) → [4,5,5,1,2,2,4,6,4] = (3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4538593/)

Initiative
Reaction 8 + Intuition 3 - Penalty 2 = Pool 9
9d6.hits(5) → [5,4,6,5,3,5,4,3,1] = (4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4538594/)
Total: 13
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <06-17-14/1918:25>
Surprise test: Reaction 7 + Intuition 4 - Surprised 2 (9d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4538633/)

Initiative: Reaction 7 + Intuition 4 - Surprised 2 (9d6.hits(5)=1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4538635/)

So that's an initiative of 10 for Clem
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <06-19-14/0335:12>
Has everybody done their tests, so we can continue?  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <06-19-14/0650:39>
Everyone in the van, yes. Not sure if Crossbow is also waiting for the escort car's initiative or not though...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-19-14/0726:42>
Yes, I was waiting for Fionn, if he doesn't have something posted by this afternoon I will roll it for him and move along.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-19-14/2250:34>
8d6.hits(5)=4 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4541490/)

surprise check for Fionn

8d6.hits(5)=1 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4541478/)

Initiative is 9

Okay, I just rolled surprise checks for the gangers and no one in the van beat any of the gangers. Since Sam and Fionn are both going at the same time as the gangers, I will describe the scene, let them take their actions then move on to second passes.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <06-19-14/2359:44>
Did they open the doors or are the guns being pointed through the windows?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <06-20-14/0012:31>
Just a question: obviously Clem is in the driver's seat, but by the description Sammy is in the back/cargo area of the van. Which would leave O'Connor in the passenger seat?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <06-20-14/0129:01>
I would say so, as I don't have a good perception score, I decided to put myself in the back, so you can have the passenger seat.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-20-14/0202:50>
Did they open the doors or are the guns being pointed through the windows?

The doors opened when the van stopped.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <06-20-14/1456:29>
Ok, I think Red's supposed to go before Sam, but he's being quiet at the moment, so I'm just going to throw this out there:

From the description, the thugs are unloading out of the side door of the van. Is there enough room that Sam can run his car up that side & block it? Potentially hitting the thugs in the process? :D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-20-14/1603:20>
No, that description would be inaccurate.  The van's cargo doors on the right side and the rear are open, but only one guy is at the side who is cutting the cargo straps.  The cases have to be removed through the back, where the most of the guys are.

As to your tactical idea, you can try to pin then into the van, and hit one or two, but you risk damaging your car and the van.

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: RHat on <06-22-14/0654:16>
Sorry for my silence here, been wrapping up a term paper for a spring course (suggestion: never take more than one simultaneous spring/summer course; you're gonna have a bad time) and dealing with serious writer's block in the process.  Should be able to post something tomorrow.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <06-22-14/1214:54>
It happens.  Just kick that enemy hacker out of our van.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-24-14/1050:48>
I am going to assume that Fionn will concentrate on doing just that, and move on.  Thvor, take Torley's first action as Fionn slumps in the passenger seat.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <06-24-14/1236:03>
If you just drive your car close to the rear of our van, they can't get the cases out.  A full size red samoerai armour is quite large I guess (at least man sized of course).  So if you park your car one foot from the rear of the van, it's impossible to get it out.  And you might end up breaking legs of the guy at the back.  Gives you bonus points.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <06-24-14/1241:38>
I wrote up everything in my post prior to actually making the roll, so I had no clue how well it'd work out. Naturally, it's up to the GM to determine exactly what those six hits are good for, but since that's the threshold for "extreme" vehicle tests, I'm hopeful that some good stuff'll happen. 8)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <06-26-14/2327:43>
Initiative Order?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <06-26-14/2355:14>
Well, Sam's done; he only gets one pass. Good luck, all you speedy characters. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <06-27-14/0014:21>
At the very least, you used your one pass very well.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <06-27-14/0021:25>
I think we can use your action to our advantage :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <06-27-14/0112:45>
So if I've seen correct we have the following order:
O'Connor 13
Clem 10
Fionn 9
Sam and Sammy 8

and the thugs are in there somewhere (I don't know their score), but now it's O'Connor.  Go loose.  ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <06-27-14/0631:48>
I'll post Clem's actions as well and if the thugs go before her, I'll just delete the post.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-29-14/1223:05>
The thugs are not enhanced.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-29-14/1306:02>
Okay, first off point blank is a +2 dice and is not applicable to these attacks, that is more of a muzzle-on-skin kind of bonus, IMO.  I know the rulebook says anything under a meter, but I really don't like that definition, and I feel like it requires some further clarity.  I am also applying an additional -1 to the pool for the general awkwardness of shooting from the seat of car.  Since I don't think this will cause either of you to want to reroll, I will go ahead and resolve the shots.

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <06-29-14/1826:19>
From your description, it kinda sounds like O'Connor has the Fallout Bloody Mess perk.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <06-29-14/1852:37>
Fair enough Crossbow, just remove the last couple of dices from the end of the roll, I can live with that :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-29-14/2023:09>
From your description, it kinda sounds like O'Connor has the Fallout Bloody Mess perk.

Have not played Fallout yet, but probably.  Explosive rounds + missed body roll = chunky salsa snowblower.  It also equals a lot of attention, but that is YOUR problem :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <06-29-14/2132:53>
Just to make sure I'm interpreting this right. The crew attacking the van was originally seven strong. Two were on the left of the vehicle; one was covering Clem, and the other was at the side door cutting cargo straps. One was on the right of the vehicle to cover O'Connor. Four were at the back of the van, three were grabbing the goods and one was covering Sammy. That correct?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-29-14/2232:48>
Just to make sure I'm interpreting this right. The crew attacking the van was originally seven strong. Two were on the left of the vehicle; one was covering Clem, and the other was at the side door cutting cargo straps. One was on the right of the vehicle to cover O'Connor. Four were at the back of the van, three were grabbing the goods and one was covering Sammy. That correct?

Almost, the cargo door on the van is on the passenger side of the vehicle.  So the guy who cut the straps is over there.  Sammy's seat, such as it is, is behind the driver.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <06-30-14/0125:18>
Then my attack is directed at the one covering me.   :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-30-14/0154:34>
I was wondering why you were ignoring him.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <06-30-14/0317:41>
I must have misread the description.  Well, he can count himself lucky insofar that he will probably survive.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: RHat on <07-01-14/0509:59>
(OOC: Rhat hasn't been on for a bit now, we will resolve the Matrix when he returns.  The opposition has no extra passes, so feel free to complete your actions.)

Yeah, I have to apologize for my absence - I could go into why, but at a certain point I'm sure it just seems like making excuses.

So, Fionn's gonna drop into VR right away (but won't get his extra passes until next turn), and compile a Paladin sprite to make with the fighting (though to get one that can both do that and actually find the bastard, I'll be eating Physical Fading - their complex form list has always struck me as a bit weird).  A quick rules question I haven't been able to resolve on my own - does the compiled sprite start into Initiative right away, including on the same pass? 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-01-14/1410:25>


Yeah, I have to apologize for my absence - I could go into why, but at a certain point I'm sure it just seems like making excuses.

Boy, do I know that feeling, don't sweat it dude, glad you made it back.  :)


So, Fionn's gonna drop into VR right away (but won't get his extra passes until next turn), and compile a Paladin sprite to make with the fighting (though to get one that can both do that and actually find the bastard, I'll be eating Physical Fading - their complex form list has always struck me as a bit weird).  A quick rules question I haven't been able to resolve on my own - does the compiled sprite start into Initiative right away, including on the same pass?

As a quick and dirty answer, I am going to say no.  I will try to find justification for that, but it just feels like the right answer and if you can't find it, I know it will be hard for me to.  Compiled sprites don't start taking actions until the next turn when they roll their own initiative.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: RHat on <07-01-14/1750:38>
The rule I was looking for is the rule on new combatants coming in in the middle of a combat turn.  I know SR5 has something for it, and I thought SR4 did too, but I can't find it.

Then again, SR4 is a lot more punishing with regard to initiative changes.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <07-01-14/1814:46>
If I remember right the number of IPs were as follows:

O'Connor - 4
Clem - 3
Fionn - 1/3 (Matrix)
Sammy - 1/3 (Astral)
Torley - 1

Correct?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-01-14/2343:14>
I thought Sammy had some kind of reflex trick going, but you are otherwise correct.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <07-02-14/0209:05>
I currently have only 1 IP.  I have the spell increase reflexes, but I have to cast it before it's active and I haven't.  I first wanted to take one of those idiots out (@Crossbow: how did my spell go BTW).  I'll put it active if needed here, otherwise when we arrive at the Needle.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <07-02-14/1452:28>
FYI, I'm going to be on vacation until Sunday evening. I'll be able to check the forum & see what's going on, but I probably won't be able to roll dice. Of course, Sam's likely to be cowering while the shooting's going on, especially after what Con just did. :o

And I hate to say it, but if Sammy doesn't get a second IP this round, I don't think she gets to fire that stunbolt. First pass was taken up with the surprise round, at which point she couldn't target any of the gangers. :-(
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <07-02-14/1616:27>
I thought Sammy had some kind of reflex trick going, but you are otherwise correct.

Then I'm waiting for resolution of the Round 1 IP3 attack rolls before taking Round 1 IP4 and Round 2 IP1.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-02-14/1753:10>
okay we got a little confusion.  Sammy was surprised and couldn't respond to anyone attacking the van in her first initiative pass.  I am going to assume at this point to keep the confusion to a minimum that a spell was cast at that point to give her more passes and that needs to be dealt with BEFORE the stun bolt is resolved.  Then I will tell the gun bunnies about their bloodshed.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <07-04-14/1500:06>
Happy 4th of July to the Americans here.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-06-14/1329:15>
farothel, you need to do one of two things:

1) Either tell me the stunbolt never happened because you couldn't respond to any of the van's attackers with your only initiative pass.

2) Roll the spellcasting for an increased reflexes spell and apply any drain to the casting of the stun bolt.



okay we got a little confusion.  Sammy was surprised and couldn't respond to anyone attacking the van in her first initiative pass.  I am going to assume at this point to keep the confusion to a minimum that a spell was cast at that point to give her more passes and that needs to be dealt with BEFORE the stun bolt is resolved.  Then I will tell the gun bunnies about their bloodshed.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <07-06-14/1605:25>
Sorry, been doing other stuff during the week-end.
Force 2 increased reflexes (as this is the highest I can put in my rating 2 health sustaining focus), which gives me 1 extra IP:
magic 5 + spellcasting 6 =11 (11d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4560707/)

Drain F/2+2 =3
willpower 4 + logic 4 + centering 1 =9 (9d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4560715/)
1 stun, so no effect on the other casting.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-07-14/1258:51>
Necro, you do have to roll a new initiative for the second round, but for simplicity's sake I am going to take this out of rounds at this point.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <07-07-14/1439:41>
Is the second guy dead and in how many pieces?

If he's dead, and the lower half of the body's still intact, O'Connor's gonna do a quick search for credsticks.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-08-14/1203:37>
The second guy made it to cover with the impact of the ammunition.  When you start to go check him after watching the grunts move the crate, Clem starts the van and begins to leave. 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-08-14/1252:04>
I expect everyone to give me at least one IC post to indicate what they are doing and how they are handling being on their first (except for Sammy) big time movie set.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <07-08-14/1526:07>
I'll put the summoning rolls here.  I've given it one command and since I'm still in its line of sight, it doesn't count as remote service and I can use the second service.

summoning force 3 spirit with extra fear power (to keep people away from the armours if needed).
magic 5 + summoning 3 =8 (8d6.hits(5)=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4563003/)

spirit hits:
force 3 spirit (3d6.hits(5)=1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4563005/)
2 services

drain 2 (spirit hits x2)
willpower 4 + logic 4 + centering 1 =9 (9d6.hits(5)=6) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4563008/)
Not really much drain here  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <07-12-14/0505:22>
Did she interupt my spirit summoning?  It wasn't clear to me.  If so, I'll make a small adaptation to my post.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-15-14/1309:26>
Did she interupt my spirit summoning?  It wasn't clear to me.  If so, I'll make a small adaptation to my post.  :)

She did, and she seems quite insistent on keeping your attention.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <07-15-14/1453:54>
attempt 2 to put up the spirit.  I'll keep the dicerolls I've done before.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-16-14/0846:12>
Okay, to do this properly I am going to need to give you some details of the space and then get some OOC details on your individual actions and locations.

The Eye of the Needle is divided into 3 dining rooms, based on the dominating feature of the view.  Each room is roughly 5m x 25m.  The filming is taking place in the Puget Sound room using the amazing view of the gateway to the Pacific as a backdrop, the storage area, dressing rooms and other support functions for the filming are located in the Lake Union room.  The Seattle room is closed off. 

Between the dining rooms is a non-equilateral hexagonal space with the access ways between the rooms, the elevators, the kitchen and, obviously the support for the structure.  The long side of the dining rooms borders the space with the short (5m) access ways completing the perimeter.

The stuntmen’s and the armor’s  partition space roughly occupies the dance floor area and the ARO’d “out of camera” area is essentially the hall between the Puget and Seattle room.

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <07-16-14/0908:10>
Then I have summoned my spirit in the dance room (where the armour are) with orders to guard the armour.  I'm then in the connecting part so I can keep an eye on the armours as well as on the proceedings in the Puget Sound Room and stay behind the camera.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-16-14/0941:44>
Then I have summoned my spirit in the dance room (where the armour are) with orders to guard the armour.  I'm then in the connecting part so I can keep an eye on the armours as well as on the proceedings in the Puget Sound Room and stay behind the camera.

You will no be behind the camera in that area.  Behind the camera is between the Seattle and Puget rooms.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <07-16-14/1028:39>
Clem would be on the other side of the Lake Union room, but not in the small hallway, in a way where she can see the armours (and thus the stuntmen I suppose). If she's talking to O'Connor, then he should be close to there.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <07-16-14/1217:48>
Then I have summoned my spirit in the dance room (where the armour are) with orders to guard the armour.  I'm then in the connecting part so I can keep an eye on the armours as well as on the proceedings in the Puget Sound Room and stay behind the camera.

You will no be behind the camera in that area.  Behind the camera is between the Seattle and Puget rooms.

I'll put myself so that I'm behind the cameras, I can keep an eye on the armours and I can keep an eye on the action being filmed.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-16-14/1445:52>
Then I have summoned my spirit in the dance room (where the armour are) with orders to guard the armour.  I'm then in the connecting part so I can keep an eye on the armours as well as on the proceedings in the Puget Sound Room and stay behind the camera.

You will no be behind the camera in that area.  Behind the camera is between the Seattle and Puget rooms.

I'll put myself so that I'm behind the cameras, I can keep an eye on the armours and I can keep an eye on the action being filmed.

You cannot do both, but i will put you in a near approximation to attempt your goals.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <07-16-14/1556:38>
Definately keep an eye on the armours, as otherwise the spirit service becomes a remote service and I want to keep that second service as well.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <07-16-14/1600:51>
Sam's going to be hanging out in the Lake Union room, where most of the people are. If anyone tries to talk him into moving, he'll shift so he's in the way, but he'll rely on his talking skills to keep from being sent to the no cameras area.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-16-14/2333:13>
Okay, I am working on another map for you guys, just have to get Rhat to post on Fionn's activities.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-17-14/0007:19>
Sammy is at the bar with Minnie (the partitions do not go floor to ceiling, so the spirit can be seen hovering over the armor area), Torley is among a small group of people who are standing out of the way of the bustle, chatting, Clem and O'Connor are in the dressing room, Fionn has found the best place to be out of the way is to stand where they told you to stand.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: RHat on <07-19-14/0513:58>
That tech and storage area...  Would there be someone there that Fionn could try to talk into getting him surveillance access so he can monitor the armour and the area nearby?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-19-14/1038:50>
You would think so, if there were studio personnel on set that were involved with security.  But everyone in that area is part of the filming crew.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: RHat on <07-20-14/0553:02>
Well this would be the perfect smokescreen.

Do we need to roll initiative?  Is a simple message to Clem and O'Connor enough to bring them into the action?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <07-20-14/0640:50>
initiative 7 (7d6.hits(5)=1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4577578/)
So that's init 8 in total, 2IP (I still have that spell going on).

My basic idea will be to sent in the spirit to materialise and scare that group with his fear power.  I'll stay with the armours as I don't have Area of effect powers except for fireball, and I don't think that's a good idea.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <07-20-14/0808:50>
I'm not sure if this is a situation that would trigger combat paralysis--according to the RAW, it would, but there isn't any actual combat yet--so here's both halves of Torley's initiative roll:

4d6.hits(5)=1, 3d6.hits(5)=3 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4577636/)

The first half is a glitch, so that puts Sam at initiative 8, after everyone else with that initiative score (plus whatever else the GM decides is appropriate). The full roll isn't a glitch, and would be at initiative 11.

Crossbow, let me know which version you're going with (though I have a sneaking suspicion); if this is a CP situation, Sam's instinctive reaction will be to try to find somewhere relatively safe. If not, he'll try to identify the leader of the mob.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-20-14/1035:37>
Okay, still need an initiative for Fionn, and while the spirit materializing will be a good indication that something is wrong to O'Connor and Clem, depending on how that goes down, I think I am still going to keep them out of the first round.  Additionally you will note when you go to contact them that there is something interfering with using the comms all of a sudden.

Torley's  CP does not kick in, in fact, no one is shooting as of yet, so I am going to give him a pass on that point. Surprise checks may still happen though, be aware.

The Fear power only affects a single target, and your service already has it using it's power on someone  from this new group approaching the armor, so you may want to reconsider that action. I will also note that you are in the middle of the crowd and in it's path to getting to Pandora. 

I am also going to need perception checks from Sammy and Torley, not sensory specific, so don't add anything like that, but you will get a bonus 2 dice to the roll.


Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <07-20-14/1054:28>
The service I had the spirit perform was to guard the armours and warn me when someone came near (excluding the people already on the floor at that time).  I've not said anything about using fear (it was the idea to use it as second service when the spirit warned me, but I've not yet given that command to the spirit). 

According to the big book, p186 (part spirit services): The use of combative powers or abilities by a spirit on behalf of its summoner only counts as 1 service, regardless of the number of foes involved.
So I can give it the command to use the fear power on the group approaching.  That means it will use it's power every IP (a spirit of air has 2IP on the material and 3 on the astral) on a new subject (using fear is a complex action according to the book).  And it will roll 6 dice (will + magic, both of which are 3) to do so.  And the spirit is smart enough (logic 3) to start at the front of the group.

Which reminds me: I have to roll initiative for the spirit, although it will only have 1 IP the first round (as it only shows up after I call it, so I loses 1 of its 2 IP).
spirit init (Fx2)+3 =9 (9d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4577806/)
So the spirit has init 11

my perception check:
intuition 3 + perception 2 + bonus 2 + enhancers 2=9 (9d6.hits(5)=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4577811/)
I have audio and perception enhancers 2, so they count for both.  If it's audio, I have reduced sense, so I lose 1 hit if you take them from the back of the roll.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <07-20-14/2056:28>
Torley's perception:

5 INT + 5 Skill +2: 12d6.hits(5)=2 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4578463/) ??? Almost a glitch, but not quite. Phew. Still not likely to notice much, I'm afraid. :-\
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-20-14/2146:10>
Actually, you notice enough.  Both of you can see that the crowd coming out of the elevator and rushing towards the set are not acting normally, as if in the grip of some magical effect.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-21-14/0123:09>
Rhat, I still need Fionn's activity and initiative roll
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <07-21-14/0351:10>
Actually, you notice enough.  Both of you can see that the crowd coming out of the elevator and rushing towards the set are not acting normally, as if in the grip of some magical effect.

Then this will be something to investigate in my second IP.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: RHat on <07-21-14/0409:34>
Initiative (8d6.hits(5)=4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4578748/)  So that's 12.

Additionally you will note when you go to contact them that there is something interfering with using the comms all of a sudden.

What sort of something?  If it's jamming or anything like that (which wouldn't be at all subtle, and can be countered - if Signal+ECCM exceeds the jamming rating, you can cut through it), I should think Fionn would recognize it for what it is the moment it started up - especially since part of his previous action was monitoring any sort of feeds (which would include stuff like social networking) that might hint at things going bad.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-21-14/0813:24>
You are correct, you would know, it is a jammer.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <07-21-14/1555:57>
From the corner of hi his eye, Sam also notes three individuals dressed similarly to the mob, but coming from the hall behind him and not from the elevator.

Question: is the mob dressed in such a way that Sam could attempt to blend in with them (after taking off his armored vest, I'm assuming)?

May not be the wisest action, of course, but it's something he'd consider. :D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <07-21-14/1606:19>
As long as the mob isn't going directly to the armours, the spirit isn't going to do anything in the first IP, so you can skip him.  Otherwise he will come to Sammy as instructed.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-21-14/1759:00>
That is not strictly true, there are folks heading for the armor, they just aren't there yet.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: RHat on <07-22-14/0406:33>
[spoiler]Threading ECCM (6d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4580053/)
Fading Resistance (12d6.hits(5)=6) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4580054/)[/spoiler]

...  Well that was a ludicrously successful resistance roll.

Alright, Matrix rules dump for everyone's benefit:  Jamming basically only effects you if your Signal rating (with, if you have one active, your ECCM program rating added in) is less than the rating of the Jamming.  Fionn's Signal is Resonance/2, so 3 (rounded up), and he's just threaded a Rating 2 ECCM Complex Form to help him cut through.  So he's only effected by the jamming if the rating thereof at his location (there's falloff due to distance; -1 every five meters from an area jammer or 20 meters from a directional jammer) is 6 or higher.  The rules describe a jammed device as "losing wireless connectivity"; plain text, that probably prevents receiving transmissions just as much as sending them, but that's up to Crossbow for a ruling.

Took a quick scan through because I'm trying to be helpful, and it looks like Clem might be okay as well - her Fairlight Caliban has a Signal of 5, so depending on the rating of the jammer there's a decent chance she and Fionn still have comms.  The others all have a Signal of 3, so their chances aren't quite as good but depending on the jammer type and positioning there's a possibility.

Long-term, we may want to look at getting (or pirating) ECCM programs for everyone to cope with this exact situation.  For the mean-time, I'm just looking to know (a) if Fionn can punch through the jamming, and (b) if so, who if anyone does he see as online?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <07-22-14/0425:40>
I have a satellite link, which gives a signal of 8, so that should be okay.  Only problem is that I can't use it at the moment, as I'm surrounded by the mob and I assume you have to keep it steady in order to link with the sat.  And Sammy is at the moment not really interested in communicating with anybody, except maybe her spirit.

So no wild shooting in the mob (we're not looking at anybody in particular ... O'Conner) or I will fireball your ass.  ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-22-14/0919:26>
Yes, once you thread up your signal you can punch through, and you are correct that Clem is also online.  You can send a short message to her.

I missed Thvor's post yesterday, no, you wouldn't blend beyond your magical talents, even if you removed the tactical vest, which you have no time to do, especially since one of the group you noticed before has already seen you.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <07-22-14/1237:08>
Since Sam's out of sight with Fionn & his comm's being jammed, I've gone ahead and posted his actions for the round.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <07-22-14/1313:13>
My second IP will be spend trying to get out of the group, so I can have a closer look in the astral without being overrun.  I don't know what I have to roll to get out, so as soon as you let me know, I'll roll it and post something.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <07-22-14/1437:24>
Crossbow--does this mean that my earlier posting for Sam's action (approaching the trio) doesn't happen? If so, I'll go ahead and delete it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-23-14/0857:51>
Crossbow--does this mean that my earlier posting for Sam's action (approaching the trio) doesn't happen? If so, I'll go ahead and delete it.

Kinda, yes.  I was writing the other when you posted, things were kinda crazy yesterday so I didn't get a chance to get back to you right away
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-23-14/0902:06>
My second IP will be spend trying to get out of the group, so I can have a closer look in the astral without being overrun.  I don't know what I have to roll to get out, so as soon as you let me know, I'll roll it and post something.

Without fighting your way to some open space, the only real option is to leap behind the bar.  That would be a Complex action and an Athletics + Agility? (I think)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <07-23-14/1329:42>
I'll have to default then:

agility 4 - defaulting 1 =3 (3d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4582118/)

not bad.  If I don't make it behind the bar, on the bar is also okay.  I doubt they will follow me.  I'll already do a post since my actions will not impact someone else.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-23-14/1405:19>
Alright, that is everyone in the pool. let's get initiatives for the new round.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: RHat on <07-23-14/1418:27>
Initiative (8d6.hits(5)=4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4582213/)

That's 12 again.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <07-23-14/1447:04>
Sam's done for this round--don't we have more passes to go through?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <07-23-14/1456:06>
Reaction 8 + Intuition 3 = Pool 11
11d6.hits(5) → [3,6,6,5,5,6,3,1,5,3,3] = (6) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4582248/)
Total: 17
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-23-14/1513:33>
Sam's done for this round--don't we have more passes to go through?

Nope, Sammy was the only one with additional passes this time.  The next one is going to be silly though, O'Connor has 4, Clem and Fionn both have three now that Fionn is working in the Matrix.  After you do your action, (which I am guess will be another full defense) you could probably take the family on a cruise :)  j/k
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <07-23-14/1528:26>
Oh, ok. Just so used to everyone going so much more than me. :D

Initiative, broken into two halves (since I'd expect the CP to kick in about now): 4d6.hits(5)=1, 3d6.hits(5)=1 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4582272/)

So that's 8 with the CP, or 9 without it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <07-23-14/1531:34>
my initiative for the next round: initiative 7 (7d6.hits(5)=4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4582278/)
so that's 11 in total.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <07-23-14/1646:03>
On my pass I want to try and kneecap the swede. What would the penalty be, and would there be an additional penalty if I go for the other kneecap in the same round?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <07-23-14/1841:28>
Reaction 7 + Intuition 4 (11d6.hits(5)=5) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4582434/) So that's 16 for Clem, right behind O'Connor.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: RHat on <07-23-14/2041:47>
Sam's done for this round--don't we have more passes to go through?

Nope, Sammy was the only one with additional passes this time.  The next one is going to be silly though, O'Connor has 4, Clem and Fionn both have three now that Fionn is working in the Matrix.  After you do your action, (which I am guess will be another full defense) you could probably take the family on a cruise :)  j/k


Strictly speaking, I hadn't declared Fionn going into VR because I hadn't clarified whether or not he was in a spot where it was safe to do so...  Is he?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-23-14/2113:42>

Strictly speaking, I hadn't declared Fionn going into VR because I hadn't clarified whether or not he was in a spot where it was safe to do so...  Is he?

Strictly speaking you are correct, I assumed that with the gravitas with which Fionn addresses his sprites, that he does so 'in person'.  But yes, the spot you tucked yourself into is as safe and unmolested as you can get.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: RHat on <07-23-14/2123:24>

Strictly speaking, I hadn't declared Fionn going into VR because I hadn't clarified whether or not he was in a spot where it was safe to do so...  Is he?

Strictly speaking you are correct, I assumed that with the gravitas with which Fionn addresses his sprites, that he does so 'in person'.  But yes, the spot you tucked yourself into is as safe and unmolested as you can get.

That is how he prefers to conduct himself, yeah.  Probably gonna pick up Mesh Reality at some point, actually - a sort of "walking in both worlds" thing.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-23-14/2132:25>
On my pass I want to try and kneecap the swede. What would the penalty be, and would there be an additional penalty if I go for the other kneecap in the same round?

I am loathe to give you an exact number on the dice pool penalty, though it is significant, and the second shot will suffer the same penalty.  I assume by you trying to 'kneecap' him you are trying to limit his mobility and movement?  That is a called shot, and there will be an additional penalty for the crowd.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-23-14/2216:55>
Okay, the order is clear, same as last time, give me an idea of what you are doing before you make rolls.

Clem and O'Connor, along with Sammy spirit, are dealing with at least two obvious ork attackers in a room crowded with stuntmen and crazed fans.

Torley is finally an active combatant in a fight with a human that came in with the orks.

Sammy has a bar between herself and a mob of fans who have their goal locked in their wild-eyed gaze.

Fionn is matrix side.

There is a Jammer limiting communication to Fionn and Clem.

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <07-24-14/0149:06>
On my pass I want to try and kneecap the swede. What would the penalty be, and would there be an additional penalty if I go for the other kneecap in the same round?
I am loathe to give you an exact number on the dice pool penalty, though it is significant, and the second shot will suffer the same penalty.  I assume by you trying to 'kneecap' him you are trying to limit his mobility and movement?  That is a called shot, and there will be an additional penalty for the crowd.
New plan then. Would the physical specialization for Intimidation require O'Connor to accost the Swede, or is threatening harm while holding a weapon enough?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <07-24-14/0208:11>
Clem will probably just shoot anyone that comes close to the armours.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <07-24-14/0223:11>
I will check the astral to see if I can see a spell or other magical effect on those people.  I've already done the assensing roll:
intuition 3 + assensing 3 =6 (6d6.hits(5)=1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4582844/)

I will probably not see all that much, unless I get a massive bonus.  I'll do a post on it when it's my time to post.
2nd IP will be starting to lob stunbolts.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: RHat on <07-24-14/0249:25>
Strictly speaking you are correct, I assumed that with the gravitas with which Fionn addresses his sprites, that he does so 'in person'.  But yes, the spot you tucked yourself into is as safe and unmolested as you can get.

And I was 3 points light on my Initiative score, so:
3d6.hits(5)=1 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4582843/)

That's an additional 4, bringing me to 16...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <07-24-14/0914:03>
Torley's action will naturally depend on what the guy with the stun baton does, as I expect he's got a better initiative score.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-24-14/1126:01>
New plan then. Would the physical specialization for Intimidation require O'Connor to accost the Swede, or is threatening harm while holding a weapon enough?

You would need a physical component, but not an actual attack.  Not to rain on your parade, but an intimidation in a combat situation, especially with no contact yet, is a limited effect situation.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-24-14/1128:22>
Clem will probably just shoot anyone that comes close to the armours.

So it is understood, the armor is on the stuntmen now, give or take a random pad or glove or helmet.  So that means you are holding your action then?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-24-14/1132:55>
That's an additional 4, bringing me to 16...

That puts you equal to the fastest, go ahead and tell me  what you are trying.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-24-14/1135:02>
Torley's action will naturally depend on what the guy with the stun baton does, as I expect he's got a better initiative score.

To give you an opportunity to plan something stupid, I will let you know, no, you are going before him.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <07-24-14/1157:19>
New plan then. Would the physical specialization for Intimidation require O'Connor to accost the Swede, or is threatening harm while holding a weapon enough?
You would need a physical component, but not an actual attack.  Not to rain on your parade, but an intimidation in a combat situation, especially with no contact yet, is a limited effect situation.
That's where rep comes in, notably O'Connor's 6 notoriety. Or was there no actual reasoning for him and the swede recognizing one another?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-24-14/1305:24>
New plan then. Would the physical specialization for Intimidation require O'Connor to accost the Swede, or is threatening harm while holding a weapon enough?
You would need a physical component, but not an actual attack.  Not to rain on your parade, but an intimidation in a combat situation, especially with no contact yet, is a limited effect situation.
That's where rep comes in, notably O'Connor's 6 notoriety. Or was there no actual reasoning for him and the swede recognizing one another?

It was an acknowledgement of you knowledge and background, but to be honest I had forgotten about your reputation and those applications.  You can try to get some effect, just don't expect the guy to piss himself and run away in fear :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <07-24-14/1310:28>
Don't worry, I have a spirit for that.  ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-24-14/1321:32>
Don't worry, I have a spirit for that.  ;)

:)  Took me a minute to get that.

By the way, you were correct, the assencing didn't give you much, other that to confirm that yes, there is magic here.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <07-24-14/1755:39>
I guess Clem will take aim at the other goon (the one O'Connor is not talking to) and wait for anything to happen (withhold the other action). She will, however, shoot anyone that is obviously trying to take the armour away.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: RHat on <07-24-14/1833:24>
Clem will probably just shoot anyone that comes close to the armours.

So it is understood, the armor is on the stuntmen now, give or take a random pad or glove or helmet.  So that means you are holding your action then?

So, taking the armour requires either taking the stuntmen, or the cooperation of the stuntmen...

Now, I'm gonna go ahead and suggest that without the cooperation of the stuntmen, or the means to acquire such, it wouldn't be a great plan (assuming this is actually functional Red Sam armour) to try to take the armour while they're wearing it.

That's an additional 4, bringing me to 16...

That puts you equal to the fastest, go ahead and tell me  what you are trying.

And this is where not having covered sprite registration that would have been done in down time comes back and bites me...  Otherwise this would be the exact moment I'd call up a Sleuth sprite to uncover any hidden nodes.  Trying to decide on my alternative...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-25-14/1430:30>
Next actions are Sammy and Fionn.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <07-26-14/1023:32>
Voila, my action for the first IP has been done.  For IP 2 it will be a stunbolt on one of the people in the front of the group.  In the following order:
-attacking me (if possible behind the bar)
-attacking Sam or Fionn (the other two can look out for themselves and O'Connor doesn't like it when you take his kill away)
-attacking one of the studio people.
-trying to take one of the armours.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <07-29-14/1225:46>
Have we lost Rhat?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: RHat on <07-30-14/1736:38>
I'm still here, sorry.  I'll get some rolls together in a bit, but I'm stuck on a Combat Turn interval, so don't wait on me.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-30-14/2202:14>
Not sure what that means from Rhat, but I am on vacation in the mountains,  and I got finals next week.  I will do my best,  but posting will be more spotty than usual for a week or so.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <07-30-14/2321:57>
Alright, good luck with your tests!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <07-31-14/0113:06>
I will be away next week, from the 7th of August until the 12th.  While there is WiFi in the hotel, I will probably not have much time to check and if I want to post, it will be from my phone, which is not the easiest of ways to post.  So don't expect much from me during that time.  But as long as the combat lasts, Sammy will probably be shooting stunbolts to take people out and the spirit will continue to use its fear power.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-31-14/0902:56>
Okay the next person up is Torley, if you decide to take an action you can, or you can go full defense.  (There is actually someone with a slightly higher initiative than Sam, but it will be easier to handle all the NPCs in one post.  Clem can also take her held action, as the other Ork, one of Amerind decent with a Mohawk is going to attack her with a stun baton.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <08-04-14/0425:47>
I will be away for the Discworld Convention from the 7th of August to the 12th.  While there is WiFi in the hotel and I will try to check every day, it will be very busy and also I will be posting from my telephone.  So don't expect much from me during that period.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-04-14/1220:03>
Okay, I am home and I am supposed to be studying for a Chem final, but I will probably get a post up today anyway.  Very good vay-cay though.  Highly recommend the Smokies around Gatlinburg TN for all you folks in the states.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <08-04-14/1940:06>
Without knowing what I have to beat I'm gonna do dodge, damage resistance, and incapacitation rolls all at once to speed things along.
My IC post is heavily dependent on if O'Connor got electrocuted our not, so I need results before posting.

Dodge Roll for the Attack
[spoiler]
Reaction 8 + Dodge 7 + Improved Ability Dodge 2 = Pool 17
17d6.hits(5) → [2,4,1,1,3,5,1,2,4,6,4,2,2,2,3,4,6] = (3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4595219/)
[/spoiler]

Damage Resistance
[spoiler]
Body 4 + 1/2 Impact 2 = Pool 6
6d6.hits(5) → [1,3,4,5,5,5] = (3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4595233/)
[/spoiler]

Incapacitation Resistance (3) Test
[spoiler]
Body 4 + Willpower 3 + 1/2 Impact 2 = Pool 9
9d6.hits(5) → [4,4,2,6,4,1,6,5,1] = (3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4595235/)
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-04-14/2041:12>


Dodge Roll for the Attack
[spoiler]
Reaction 8 + Dodge 7 + Improved Ability Dodge 2 = Pool 17
17d6.hits(5) → [2,4,1,1,3,5,1,2,4,6,4,2,2,2,3,4,6] = (3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4595219/)
[/spoiler]

Okay, so you are going abort to dodge with your second action, not unexpected.  Badly rolled, but good enough :)

Swede only got 2 hits.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <08-04-14/2046:07>
Against melee attacks you get dodge. Full Defense gives double dodge.

What would the penalty be to pistol whipping the guy in the elbow? Trying to make the guy drop the baton.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-04-14/2239:52>
You are correct sir, my bad.  A disarm is a -4 to your pool, the only reason I am telling you that is that it is RAW, and because in the process of looking it up I realized the stun b get an extra die for reach.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <08-04-14/2304:14>
Thanks the hard drive with all my pdfs died.

I'll have something up later tonight, only have my phone atm.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <08-05-14/0147:35>
And I'll be right behind you, Necro.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <08-05-14/0151:05>
You are correct sir, my bad.  A disarm is a -4 to your pool, the only reason I am telling you that is that it is RAW, and because in the process of looking it up I realized the stun b get an extra die for reach.

Why are you continually reticent on informing your players on the penalties to any given roll? To me at least, it gives the impression that you're trying to set us up. You're the GM, of course you're trying to set us up, but still it gives an ominous tinge to it all.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <08-05-14/0208:08>
It's indeed easier if we know penalties and bonuses up front, so we can adapt our rolls and make things go faster.  Like my defense roll: what is the bonus I get for being behind the bar, as this gives cover of some sort?  Or does that give a penalty to the other guy's attack roll?

anyways: here's the defense roll without any bonuses or penalties (using edge as I'm otherwise not good at it).
reaction 3 + edge 2 - default 1 =4 (4d6.hitsopen(5,6)=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4595682/)

armour roll:
body 4 + armour 3 (half impact) + non-conductivity 3 =10 (10d6.hits(5) =3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4595695/)

my second IP is a stunbolt at the guy attacking me, but I'll wait with that until you tell me what damage I have sustained, otherwise I can't do the roll.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <08-05-14/1407:54>
You are correct sir, my bad.  A disarm is a -4 to your pool, the only reason I am telling you that is that it is RAW, and because in the process of looking it up I realized the stun b get an extra die for reach.

Why are you continually reticent on informing your players on the penalties to any given roll? To me at least, it gives the impression that you're trying to set us up. You're the GM, of course you're trying to set us up, but still it gives an ominous tinge to it all.

I tend to agree. On "automatic" rolls (perception, etc.), I'd say you can go ahead and quietly roll for us*--you know what our dice pools are, and what modifiers apply. That way, we get through scenes faster--we don't have to wait for someone to post rolls--and you're not tipping your hand to us that there's something we could have picked up on if we'd rolled better. But on active rolls--things where we choose what our players do, where we might want to use edge, etc.--we should generally know what sorts of penalties we're working with, at least in so far as it would impact our dice pools.

* I know, this is awfully close to the "never touch another player's dice" etiquette rule, but a) I'm here for the story, not necessarily the dice, and b) it's specifically allowed in the RAW (p. 135). :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-05-14/1517:51>
It is at least, in part, the fact that I am kinda flying by the seat of my pants and wave at the rules for the sake of the story kinda guy.  That said, you might be right in that maybe I am getting a little too adversarial here and I need to cool it.  I do make a lot of 'behind the scenes' kinda stuff and you guys have been really cool about some of the curveballs that come your way, so I can be a little more open about stuff when you ask.

My bad, but I am still gonna be sneaky and GMish, so don't think we are be skipping through the daisies and holding hands, okay?

 :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <08-05-14/1614:48>
My bad, but I am still gonna be sneaky and GMish, so don't think we are be skipping through the daisies and holding hands, okay?

Seeing as how you've got Sam getting attacked by someone who's managed to get a "massive automatic pistol" into the Needle, I don't think you're in any danger of being thought of as Mr. Nice GM. ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <08-05-14/2258:42>
Sine your house rule is that point blank requires physical contact, will I have to roll anything to make that happen on my next pass?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-05-14/2319:41>
Sine your house rule is that point blank requires physical contact, will I have to roll anything to make that happen on my next pass?

No, shooting a gun at a target you are in melee combat with (except in corner cases like fighting a guy using a polearm or spear) is point blank, but it is offset by the attacker in melee penalty, like the book says, for a cumulative -1 to the pool.

The idea is that the non-offset point blank bonus is for extraordinary cases where you have the drop on someone so bad that you shouldn't miss.

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <08-06-14/0350:41>
Sine your house rule is that point blank requires physical contact, will I have to roll anything to make that happen on my next pass?

No, shooting a gun at a target you are in melee combat with (except in corner cases like fighting a guy using a polearm or spear) is point blank, but it is offset by the attacker in melee penalty, like the book says, for a cumulative -1 to the pool.

The idea is that the non-offset point blank bonus is for extraordinary cases where you have the drop on someone so bad that you shouldn't miss.
Okay, cool. Given that we're locked in melee, what further penalties do I face for aiming for the kneecap specifically? Called Shot is for trading in dice for damage, I don't care about extra damage. I just want to hit his kneecap. The explosive round will most likely take care of severing the limb on its own without any extra help, if two generally aimed rounds chunky salsa a guy. Hell, I'm willing to do less damage in trade for localization. Also, given that the shot would be aimed downward, how reduced is the chance of civilian injury barring (critical) glitch?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-06-14/1512:36>
Sine your house rule is that point blank requires physical contact, will I have to roll anything to make that happen on my next pass?

No, shooting a gun at a target you are in melee combat with (except in corner cases like fighting a guy using a polearm or spear) is point blank, but it is offset by the attacker in melee penalty, like the book says, for a cumulative -1 to the pool.

The idea is that the non-offset point blank bonus is for extraordinary cases where you have the drop on someone so bad that you shouldn't miss.
Okay, cool. Given that we're locked in melee, what further penalties do I face for aiming for the kneecap specifically? Called Shot is for trading in dice for damage, I don't care about extra damage. I just want to hit his kneecap. The explosive round will most likely take care of severing the limb on its own without any extra help, if two generally aimed rounds chunky salsa a guy. Hell, I'm willing to do less damage in trade for localization. Also, given that the shot would be aimed downward, how reduced is the chance of civilian injury barring (critical) glitch?

It is still a called shot, and I am gonna call it a -4, which is technically generous since I should apply the full ignore armor penalty.  Since you are looking to cripple the guy without killing him (barring a glitch on his part) I will still take the increased damage into account, but you won't have to worry about bystanders.  (Barring a glitch, as you said)

By the way, the chunky salsa kill was more a critical glitch on his roll than your ammo.  It was also meant to be a BIG GLARING SIGN to your teammates that you are not much for the stealth kill.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <08-06-14/1532:29>
OK, so I drop a stunbolt (force 7) on the guy in front of me:

magic 5 + spellcasting 6 =11 (11d6.hits(5)=4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4597355/)
resist with willpower.

DV: 7+ net hits Stun.

drain (F/2-1): 3
willpower 4 + logic 4 +1 centering =9 (9d6.hits(5)=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4597365/)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <08-06-14/1537:01>
It was also meant to be a BIG GLARING SIGN to your teammates that you are not much for the stealth kill.  :)

That needed to be pointed out?  :P
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: RHat on <08-07-14/0556:00>
Quick ruling question:  The rule on sustaining complex forms is that the sustaining penalty "does not apply to the use of the complex form" - if I'm relying on a threaded ECCM to be making a roll in the first place, does that count as using that complex form, or do I take the -2 to the roll?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-07-14/1106:10>
Quick answer, no penalty.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-11-14/1842:46>
Ok, as I was considering my options, I realized that Sam had used full defense in the previous round, which should have prevented him from using the commanding voice power (since he should have given up his next complex action). Oops. Since I don't think we want to retcon the stuff that's happened since, I'm just going to do a normal dodge:
Dodge: 5d6.hits(5)=3 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4603550/)
Damage Resistance (body 3, Armor Vest 4; no other armor): 7d6.hits(5)=3 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4603558/)

No retcon necessary, Sam has had two actions in two rounds, the first round he did a defense, the second he went for commanding voice.  You have the option to abort to a full defense now, it just means that you will not have another action until the fourth round and you will be using a steadily diminishing dice pool against a foe who has multiple passes in a round.  You still have the option since we are waiting for farothel to get back.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <08-11-14/1850:05>
Nah, let's let the dice stand. I don't really like the thought of not being able to do anything. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <08-12-14/1029:38>
I'm back and I'm a bit confused (and tired, and still a bit hungover, which probably won't help much).  do I need to roll something and who's turn is it?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-12-14/1353:50>
I'm back and I'm a bit confused (and tired, and still a bit hungover, which probably won't help much).  do I need to roll something and who's turn is it?

Sounds like you had fun.  Yes,you need to roll a defense.  Your target was not affected by your spell and now we are reaching the end of second passes, so the badguys are acting.  The one in the cowboy boots is punching you in the face.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-14-14/2317:21>
farothel?  Still waiting for a defense roll.  I will probably go ahead and start the post so I can put it up tomorrow, but it will be easier with your rolls.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <08-15-14/0410:22>
I'm currently working on a tabletop campaign and I kinda forgot.

lucky bastard who rolled 4 hits on his willpower roll.  Anyways, defense:
reaction 3 - defaulting 1 =2 (2d6.hits(5)=0) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4607700/)

I'll do the armour roll at the same time (assuming it's the same as before):
body 4 + armour 3 (half impact) + non-conductivity 3 =10 (10d6.hits(5)=6) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4607703/)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <08-19-14/0354:09>
I don't have a third pass, so I'm out for now I think.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-19-14/1312:12>
Had a personal situation steal my time for a bit, sorry about that.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <08-19-14/1447:53>
Is the Swede out of the fight, or is he going for another weapon?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-19-14/1701:08>
He is not out of the fight, but his mobility is severely limited.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-19-14/1936:42>
Need a perception roll from Clem and O'Connor
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <08-19-14/1947:43>
Perception 3 + Intuition 3 = Pool 6
6d6.hits(5) → [5,6,4,1,6,2] = (3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4612763/)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <08-19-14/2038:25>
Perception 3 + Intuition 4 + Perceptive 2 + Vision Enhancement 3 (12d6.hits(5)=5) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4612822/) no glitches
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <08-20-14/0308:50>
Reaction 8 + Intuition 3 = Pool 11
11d6.hits(5) → [4,2,5,3,3,3,5,5,5,4,1] = (4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4613104/)
Total: 15

Where is the microdrone in relation to me?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-20-14/0318:48>
Just off to the side of the Swede on the floor.  It rolled right into your sight picture before it lit off the flash-pak.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <08-20-14/0431:31>
Reaction 7 + Intuition 4 (11d6.hits(5)=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4613144/) no glitches. So that's 14 for Clem, right behind O'Connor.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <08-20-14/0740:05>
Torley's initiative:
7d6.hits(5)=5 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4613237/), total of 12. Wow.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <08-20-14/1235:21>
initiative 7 (7d6.hits(5)=1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4613398/)
Initiative 8, 2IP
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-23-14/1249:47>
Just a quick heads-up and note, waiting on Rhat for Fionn's Initiative and actions.  He hasn't been on in a minute and I don't want to completely leave him out of another fight.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-26-14/1921:21>
Okay Rhat hasn't been on the forums in a week, we will push on.  I will do bad guy inits and we can start declaring actions

O'C -15
Clem -14
Tor -12
Sammy -8
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <08-26-14/2300:05>
Imma gonna kick that damn micro drone.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <08-27-14/0227:22>
How close is Mohawk from Clem now? Would she be able to hit him with her stun baton?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-27-14/1830:42>
Yes, you can close to hand-to-hand range.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <08-29-14/0148:16>
Crossbow, are you waiting on me to post IC, or are you still doing background work?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-29-14/0856:24>
Actually I am doing school work, but none of my guys can beat yours or Clem's Init, so you can go ahead and post.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-30-14/0344:07>
Necrogigas, you are going to REALLY hate me in a minute.

O'Connor gave the iBall an affronted look after it messed up his shot, and he retaliated with a swift kick.

[spoiler]
Agility 5 + Unarmed 3 = Pool 8
8d6.hits(5) → [2,2,1,4,1,1,5,6] = (2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4623993/)
[/spoiler]

You forgot to incorporate the effect from the flash pak on your attack, with your compensation that is -2 dice, which turns your attack into a critical glitch.

If you let it ride, even though you won't like the result, I can promise a certain level of Karmic Justice.  Remember this? http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=9781.msg173941#msg173941 (http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=9781.msg173941#msg173941)  Just sayin' :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <08-30-14/0621:21>
I knew exactly what you were referring to before even clicking on the link ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <08-30-14/0927:18>
Okay i'll let it ride
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <08-30-14/1105:06>
my action will be to dive behind the bar and push the panick button which has to be there somewhere (at least I hope it will be).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-30-14/1827:08>
Sammy's attacker is behind the bar with her, but if you want to look for a panic button, give me a perception roll
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: RHat on <08-31-14/0118:34>
Okay Rhat hasn't been on the forums in a week, we will push on.

Sorry for my absence, been having some computer issues - been long overdue for a replacement, running on a new machine now.  In the process of getting my files from the old computer; once I've got my rule books back, I'll get my actions going again.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <08-31-14/0141:13>
Okay Rhat hasn't been on the forums in a week, we will push on.
Sorry for my absence, been having some computer issues - been long overdue for a replacement, running on a new machine now.  In the process of getting my files from the old computer; once I've got my rule books back, I'll get my actions going again.
Hey, you're alive. Welcome back.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <08-31-14/0231:43>
Welcome back, we could use some extra hands :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <08-31-14/0810:52>
Yeah, welcome back!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <08-31-14/1342:34>
Sammy's attacker is behind the bar with her, but if you want to look for a panic button, give me a perception roll

intuition 3 + perception 2 + enhancers 2 + looking 3 =10 (10d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4626133/)

It was annoying that he got 4 hits on his willpower roll against my stunbolt.  If I don't see a panick button (and if I'm still standing when it's my turn, as my attacker is first), I'll simply try to stunbolt him again, hoping to get him this time.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-31-14/2104:14>
Sorry for my absence, been having some computer issues - been long overdue for a replacement, running on a new machine now.  In the process of getting my files from the old computer; once I've got my rule books back, I'll get my actions going again.

Welcome back, now hurry up and get caught up.  :)  Roll some initiative and stuff.

It was annoying that he got 4 hits on his willpower roll against my stunbolt.  If I don't see a panick button (and if I'm still standing when it's my turn, as my attacker is first), I'll simply try to stunbolt him again, hoping to get him this time.

Okay, so you have a logic of four, which works out to an automatic success, so I am gonna give you this one for free since you seem to be getting real wrapped up about it.  Since you know, though you haven't yet seen, that there is a mage in the opposing group, between the spell on the crowd and your spirit getting dismissed, it is fairly reasonable that said mage has probably set up Cowboy Boots with Counterspelling protection, which would have helped him resist your spell.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <09-03-14/0145:43>
Karmic Justice!!!  :P

Reaction 8 + Dodge 7 + Improved Skill (Dodge) 2 - Prone 2 = Pool 15
15d6.hits(5) → [3,3,4,1,1,3,1,6,3,5,5,6,2,1,5] = (5) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4628647/)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <09-03-14/0203:43>
Okay, change of plan.  Find the mage, who has to be in the crowd (counterspelling is line of sight only) and take him/her out (or ask one of the others to do it in melee).  I'll wait with my roll until it's my turn, as I'm last and I can have penalties if that guy hits me.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <09-03-14/1119:16>
I believe Sam's up next. I also believe that he's out of sight of the others, correct? So he's heard the gunshots & yelling, but doesn't know what's going on with Sammy, the combat wombats, or Fionn?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-04-14/1416:00>
That would be correct, and to make it slightly worse, they have no idea that he has managed to survive an entire round vs a gilette.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-04-14/2021:41>
Clem, disoriented from the fall, tries to move away from her attacker but is electrocuted from a direct hit to the side of her ribcage. The ork groans from the shock of the damage, but quickly tries to shrug off the pain and the numbness she feels from the attack.

[spoiler]Body 5 + Willpower 3 + 1/2 Impact Armour 6 (11d6.hits(5)=6) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4630681/) no glitches. Finally a good roll![/spoiler]

That is a successful incapacitation resist, remember you still have a -2 pool mod for what is probably the rest of the scene, you still have the normal stun damage of 9 boxes to resist with Body + 1/2 impact.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <09-04-14/2130:34>
I knew I forgot something. I'll get right on that.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <09-05-14/0147:46>
In spite of his odd position, O'Connor ALMOST slips away.  He finds himself in an oddly inverted half-crab arm bar, with the pulpy ruined mass of Swede's former knee weeping fluids onto his face as he is pinned down.  (Subdued)

Which arm is locked? And did O'Connor retain his weapon through all of this?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-06-14/0136:26>
He has not been disarmed of his gun, but he also can't bring either weapon to bear in a usable direction.

 (RAW p. 162)

To break out of the lock, the defender must take a Complex
Action and succeed in a Strength + Unarmed Combat Test with a
threshold equal to the net hits scored on the grappling test. Otherwise
the defender remains subdued and cannot take any actions requiring
physical movement.
Consider the subdued character to be prone for
any attacks made against him.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <09-06-14/0320:33>
Just out of curiosity, did Clem see how she got into that situation with O'Connor or did she just get knocked down without seeing where it came from?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-06-14/1124:16>
No, she is fully aware that it was his waffle-stomper that went upside her head.  She might not be aware of the situation enough to realize he is in a bad way at the moment, but she knows he kicked her.  The was probably something like a oops, or whoa or aw shit that happened as well.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <09-07-14/0032:13>
So she knows it was his miss take, not her attacker that might have thrown him on her?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: RHat on <09-07-14/0431:22>
Sorry for my absence, been having some computer issues - been long overdue for a replacement, running on a new machine now.  In the process of getting my files from the old computer; once I've got my rule books back, I'll get my actions going again.

Welcome back, now hurry up and get caught up.  :)  Roll some initiative and stuff.

Right, I'm gonna try to get the Matrix side caught up to the meat side real quick here, but I'd like to clarify an assumption - specifically, that the jammer is operating in hidden mode.  I've mined through the references to jamming (man, PDF rulebooks are handy for that), and the rules are silent on whether or not its possible.  I could argue either way, really, but a ruling on the subject (and a declaration on whether or not the jammer is "visible") would be much appreciated.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-07-14/0846:07>
I am going to say no it isn't.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: RHat on <09-07-14/1401:43>
Meaning that it isn't visible, or that it isn't possible for a jammer to run in hidden mode while active?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <09-07-14/1613:07>
From what I know of those things, it doesn't even have to be connected to the matrix (it's a seperate piece of equipment).  It's just a device that generates a lot of signals, thereby blocking the ones you need by overloading them (at least, that's how airplane jammers work).  The jammer has to be in the same room though, as otherwise it will not be as efficient.  And if you activate one on the Seattle streets, you will quickly have a lot of police checking things out.

On the other hand, since it does send out a lot of signal noise, you should be able to home in on it (again, this comes from airplane jammers, where I know there exist missiles who have a 'home on jammer signal' function, where they fly towards the electric noise and then explode).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: RHat on <09-07-14/1808:50>
AFB right now, but as I recall it would at least have to be wireless to be able to exclude their stuff - as far as the rules go, at least.

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-08-14/0510:29>
I am saying you can't hide a jammer like this, or hide the source of it.  It is a bubble and the jammer is at the center of it.  The devices of this type are usually fire and forget type gear, but I would agree there could be a wireless signal attached to it, but not likely.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: RHat on <09-08-14/0548:01>
Small rules note on that point, actually (now that I can actually look it up):

Quote
If you  nd yourself pressed for processor
space, another form of electronic counter-countermeasures is to disable the jamming device.   is can be done physically by destroying or
damaging the jammer, or virtually by hacking or spoo ng the device
(SR4A, 246)

And, again, if it lacks a wireless signal, I'm not sure how it would be able to exclude their own devices (which, per the Jam Signals Matrix Action, is a normal capability).

It's a bit of an important question because, really, it determines whether or not Fionn can contribute anything here.  In this situation, at best he can do is get comms back and keep them online, but to do that he's got to take the jammer down (and between Clem being otherwise engaged, and his lacking any sensors to be able to correlate the jammer to a physical object, I kinda doubt he'd even be able to get Clem to take it out).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-09-14/0606:12>
Well, there ya go then.  I really gotta remember how pervasive the wireless word really is.  I still say that it is ridiculous for the jammer to be operating in a hidden mode though when it is active so that is still the case.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-11-14/0318:18>
Rhat?  Still need an init for the new round and actions.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: RHat on <09-11-14/0532:11>
Just figuring out how to distribute all my actions.  Will get actions and init up soon.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <09-11-14/0839:59>
Force 7 stunbolt:
magic 5 + spellcasting 6 =11 (11d6.hits(5)=6) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4639929/)

Drain DV 3:
willpower 4 + logic 4 + centering 1 =9 (9d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4639932/)

That's 1S for Sammy and 7S+net hits for the guy in front of me.  He can do willpower + counterspell roll, needing 6 hits.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <09-17-14/0304:11>
I just noticed that Clem didn't take her first pass action. Is that because she lost her turn being hit by O'Connor?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-17-14/0614:00>
Yes, you were holding action to respond to Mohawk and got clipped.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <09-17-14/2157:11>
Alright, so with the modifiers, Clem's initiative goes down 3 points, so I don't know who goes before her now.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-17-14/2206:55>
You still have your spot
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <09-23-14/2035:54>
Did O'Connor break the hold?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-24-14/0610:05>
Sorry about that, thought I posted it.  Yes, O'Connor freed himself, but is still prone.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <09-26-14/1618:04>
initiative 7 (7d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4657799/)

initiative 9, 2IP
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <09-26-14/1620:08>
Torley's initiative: 7d6.hits(5)=3 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4657805/)

So he goes on 10, single IP.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <09-26-14/1741:22>
Initiative
Reaction 8 + Intuition 3 = Pool 11
11d6.hits(5) → [5,4,6,1,3,5,1,2,3,2,6] = (4)  (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4657882/)

Total: 15
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <09-26-14/2050:36>
Reaction 7 + Intuition 4 - Shocked 2 - Wound Modifier 1 (8d6.hits(5)=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4658087/) no glitches, so that's 11 for Clem.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <09-27-14/0054:22>
Resist Tests
4d6.hits(5) → [1,4,1,4] = (0)
4d6.hits(5) → [2,5,2,3] = (1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4658280/)

Using Edge to reduce critical glitch.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-27-14/0107:50>
For the glitch, you will lose another pass.  If you are not freed by someone else, you will take another 6S.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-27-14/0112:44>
Wait, nevermind that, second hit will put you down anyway, have to think of something else
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <09-27-14/0425:12>
So that's it for O'Connor? Is there a way for him to use edge to reroll misses for his surprise roll and act on the surprise, or is there any way Clem could use edge to get in front of the spirit and release its hold on O'Connor?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <09-27-14/0645:27>
Unfortunately it doesn't work that way, but it's only stun, so he should be okay and normally the spirit will let go once his prey is down (at least, that's how I always give my order: 'take them down and then go to the next').  I hope I go before the mage, so I can stunbolt his ass.  Then the spirit will dissapear as well, since it's not bound (if I recall correctly).  Another option is to summon a new one and have them fight it out on the astral (you can have only 1 unbound spirit, so he can't take that one away from me).  I'll think a bit about it until it's my action.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-27-14/0834:37>
farothel has the gist of it, I don't know about the unbound part.  Hydroraven, Clem wouldn't be able to act fast enough to keep that from happening anyway, the spirit had her and Torley beat on surprise, so O'Connor will be out before she knows he is being attacked.

Clem's action is next.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <09-27-14/0958:29>
When I said "in front of the spirit" I meant initiative-wise. If not, she'll just continue working on Mohawk then.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-27-14/1245:44>
Okay, well, she can't act against the spirit first pass regardless, so make your attack on Mohawk.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <10-01-14/0212:52>
It seems I have forgotten who's who, so just as a reminder, who is this black man? Is the Swede down for the count, or is he close to Clem? Is the spirit doing something else?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-01-14/0800:31>
The black man is the one that engaged Torley and who followed him onto the armor area.  The Swede is on the ground, but not unconscious.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <10-01-14/1056:07>
Is there any cover in the room that Sam could try to get behind?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-01-14/1127:18>
Sure, the armor cases, one has even bee stood on it's end and is opened up for stability.  It's a little crowded though, the stuntmen are all trying to get back there.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <10-05-14/2002:25>
So who can Clem get to and attack in her second pass?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <10-06-14/0116:28>
preferably that mage that suddenly changed appearances.  He might be good enough with magic to keep me from harming him, it might be different if someone starts hitting him.  And that way I can shift to other targets.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <10-06-14/0227:05>
That's what I was thinking. That mage does seem our biggest threat for the moment, so if Sam can get the Sweede off of Clem's back, she'll concentrate on the mage.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <10-06-14/0349:47>
you're before me, so if you can take out the mage, the counterspell will be gone and they will all become vulnerable to stunbolt.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-06-14/0626:55>
Clarifying the combat situation. 

I will assume at this point that Fionn will have gotten comms for the team back online, so tactical communication between Sammy and Clem is possible.

There are currently only 2 active combatants among the runners, Pusher and the scarred man.  Mohawk and Harris (cowboy boots) are down, The Swede is dragging himself to a wall to try and get to his feet, and will not be re-entering the fight unless to defend himself.  Someone is still operating a micro drone with the strobe light, (Clem is the only one impacted by that), but has otherwise not made an appearance.

...and a crowd of magically crazed fans are about to start doing unspeakable things to a young starlet.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <10-06-14/0809:36>

...and a crowd of magically crazed fans are about to start doing unspeakable things to a young starlet.

I hope that as soon as the mage is down, that magical effect will disappear as well (as I'd rather not drop a fireball in the middle of that group).  so the mage is the prime target now, and if needed, I can hold of  the scarred man.

Note to self: next downtime, get a hold of the Stunball spell.  That would have been very useful here.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <10-06-14/1049:22>
Getting rid of that strobe would help a lot, but I guess that's a matrix battle and it seems that's not going to happen anytime soon :(
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-06-14/1533:36>


I hope that as soon as the mage is down, that magical effect will disappear as well (as I'd rather not drop a fireball in the middle of that group).  so the mage is the prime target now, and if needed, I can hold of  the scarred man.



Since you brought it up, Magical Theory + Logic 6d6.hits(5)=3 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4670317/)

With your experience as an entertainer, you can reasonably bet that the fans are under the influence of a Mob Mood spell, which heightens desires but doesn't mindlessly control the targets.  A low force Fireball properly located could give them something to think about besides Pandora.  Of course if you are wrong about the spell, you will turn the fans into flaming zombies.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <10-06-14/1536:47>
We'll first take out the mage and then see what happens.  I can still lob the fireball if it's needed afterwards.  A full combat round is what, 3 seconds if I recall correctly.  So there's some time.  And if I lob a fireball here, it will activate the sprinkler system, bringing a lot more heat on us than I really want (pun intended). :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <10-07-14/0009:45>
Should I assume Clem's armour absorbed the shock and proceed to the second pass?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <10-07-14/0118:51>
Right, I forgot about the hit you took.

@Crossbow: maybe put the hits and the DV in the same post (like DV 6 + net hits).  That way we can do dodge and resist at the same time to speed up things.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-07-14/0806:01>
Sorry about that, yep you're good, proceed
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <10-07-14/1032:12>
I'll continue putting the shocked modifier on Clem's attacks but I think it's been two combat rounds already, which mean there are only the net number of hits left on her disorientation.

Edit: I just modified my last post to reflect Clem's actions.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-08-14/0905:54>
The scarred man took 2 shots at Clem, with the first one connecting and the second one grazing her. Shrugging off the sting from the first hit, she decided, against her instincts, to let this cheap shot slide and go after the mage instead, running towards him and trying to strike him down with her baton. While she was running towards her target, she yelled "Con's down" to Sammy, attempting to let her know what the situation was on their side of the battlefield.


Okay, so we have a couple of issues here, this is just not going to work.

First off, there has been no IC communication between Clem and Sammy, so there is no way for Clem to know where or even who the mage is to make an attack on him, or even that Sammy is having trouble.

Second, Clem will not be able to simply ignore Utah (the scarred man), run right past him in a narrow hallway and get to Pusher in a move action even if she knew where he was.

Thirdly, I have an issue with the concept that Clem would simply abandon the job they were supposed to do (guard the armor) and incapacitated companions to randomly go attack a mage she can't see.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <10-08-14/0936:38>
My mistake, I honestly thought the mage and the scarred man were one and the same. In that case, she's attacking the scarred man. I'll change the IC post to reflect that.

Sorry for that, I'll be sure to read carefully in the future.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-08-14/0945:40>
Cool, couldn't figure out how that was working :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <10-08-14/1003:27>
I was getting confused myself, but I guess it all makes sense now. I thought the scarred man was O'Connor's attacker and you were referring to him as such because of his kneecap. So I automatically thought the person in the doorway was the mage.

Sorry for that :(
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <10-15-14/0424:56>
Are we on hiatus?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <10-15-14/0503:29>
I think we're waiting on Crossbow for the results of our attacks.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <10-15-14/2214:58>
While we're waiting for things to get moving again:

Unrelated to our game, but I found this (http://www.weregeek.com/2014/10/15/) to be delightfully funny. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <10-16-14/0611:38>
I hadn't thought of that one :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-16-14/1335:55>
Sorry midterms, been trying to get back here, first time I could poke my head in.  Will get things back on track today
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-18-14/0608:31>
RAW, the disorientation last for 2 ROUNDS (not IP) + net hits.  Torley acted right after you got tagged and has has 2 actions since, so you are just finishing the mandatory 2.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <10-18-14/0626:07>
How many net hits was that?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-19-14/2032:13>
As a matter of fact, there were no net hits, the effect will end following your first action this round.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <10-19-14/2227:44>
Alright, that's one bit of good news then :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <10-21-14/0023:52>
Reaction 7 + Intuition 4 - Shocked 2 - Wounded 1 (8d6.hits(5)=4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4686954/) so that's 12 for Clem.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <10-21-14/0149:56>
initiative 7 (7d6.hits(5) =3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4687017/)

so initiative 10, 2IP
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <10-21-14/0813:19>
7d6.hits(5)=2 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4687226/)

Total of 9. Still just one IP.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-22-14/0849:26>
Okay Clem is up first, take your action.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-27-14/1531:46>
farohel?  Still with us?  Sammy is you when I say it, Torley is Thvor   :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <10-28-14/0235:24>
Sorry, I must have missed that reply and I've been very busy lately (plus having some stomach troubles).  I'll reply immediately.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <10-28-14/0958:18>
Since Torley's turn is coming up: he's hiding behind the armor cases, in the room with Clem, O'Connor's knocked-out body, a small droid, and at least two baddies, right? And there are several stunt men also hiding back there with him, right? How many? What sorts of gear/props do they have with them?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-28-14/1010:32>
Hope you are feeling better farothel.

Thvor, there are three hiding behind the cases you can see, and you know from earlier there are three more.  None of them have any gear aside from the armor.  Several katana swords lay on the ground where they had been dropped earlier.  You can go ahead and post your action.  I should note you can hear the screaming and crowd noises from where you are.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-28-14/2208:43>
Geez Thvor, nice roll.  The stuntmen will probably follow you thru the gas if you want to try that on your turn. :)

Please note I said FOLLOW.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <10-28-14/2313:24>
Yeah, I figured you'd be a stickler for the "lead" part of leadership. :) Unfortunately, Sam doesn't have any sort of IP-granting tricks, so the charge of the light-brained brigade will have to wait for a bit...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-29-14/0843:53>
With no one shooting or fighting anyone anymore, we will take it of rounds to allow for ease of roleplay.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <10-29-14/0914:24>
time to go looking for that mage and maybe for Thvor to have his character have a chat with building security about their 'speed' of appearance.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-29-14/0951:46>
Let me get a general post from about what Torley and Clem are doing, then I will give you a blurb about results and aftermath.  I may even let O'Connor wake up eventually. ;)


Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <10-29-14/1034:03>
So, just to make sure I'm clear on this: Mohawk fled, the mage disappeared, the mob is dissipating, O'Connor's kneecap friend is...actually, I forget what happened to him?...Clem, O'Connor, and Sam and his band of stuntmen are in a room whose main exit is blocked by tear gas. Half of the armor we're supposed to be protecting is on Sam's army; the other half is currently unaccounted for, last seen on three hapless stuntmen. Luck would have them hiding somewhere else, though an evil GM probably would have had the bad guys somehow capture them in the chaos. Oh, and Sammy's about to have an encounter with a topless starlet behind the bar. ;)

Is that about right? Did I miss anything?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <10-29-14/1042:24>
Let me get a general post from about what Torley and Clem are doing, then I will give you a blurb about results and aftermath.  I may even let O'Connor wake up eventually. ;)

As soon as I know that mage has gone, I will cast heal on him to help him get back up.  I have that spell (healing stunt doubles is actually how I got started in the trid business).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-29-14/1059:04>
He is out by stun, there is a little bleed over to the physical, but only a bit.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <10-29-14/1115:17>
The guy Clem knocked out in the fight is still on the ground, right?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-29-14/1139:00>
Mohawk is down, but the other guy managed to crawl off.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <10-29-14/1331:14>
one is all we need to do some serious interrogating.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-29-14/1409:38>
well, you actually have two, the cowboy behind the bar (Harris) is also still there.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-29-14/1509:21>
So, just to make sure I'm clear on this: Mohawk fled, the mage disappeared, the mob is dissipating, O'Connor's kneecap friend is...actually, I forget what happened to him?...Clem, O'Connor, and Sam and his band of stuntmen are in a room whose main exit is blocked by tear gas. Half of the armor we're supposed to be protecting is on Sam's army; the other half is currently unaccounted for, last seen on three hapless stuntmen. Luck would have them hiding somewhere else, though an evil GM probably would have had the bad guys somehow capture them in the chaos. Oh, and Sammy's about to have an encounter with a topless starlet behind the bar. ;)

Is that about right? Did I miss anything?

Sorry, I missed this the first time through.

Kneecap guy was crawling out of the area and leaving a while ago, turn-wise.  No evil GM moment, the other stuntmen are simply hiding in a different part of the room.  Pandora is crawling along the window sill behind the tables which is opposite the bar.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-29-14/1611:43>
Hey guess what?  We got a potential new player, FINALLY.  Didn't think it would take so long, but what evs, it good timing to be able to get her in quickly if there are no objections.

souffle_girl is her name and she made a combat support decker.  Her concept was a originally a pure hacker/face named Dark Angel (or just Angel) so this character concept is subject to change but this is her:

Street Name: Angel (short for Fallen Angel)
Name: Mary Ann Miller
Metatype: Elf
Role: Decker/Face

Background:

Some people are born for success - Mary Ann Miller was literally built for it. Her parents, both high profile executive in a corporation in Sydney, spent a fortune to genetically tailor their unborn child to be perfect in every way - physically and mentally. Mary grew up spoiled, pampered and well educated, all for a single goal: climbing to a high position in the corporation and securing her family's status.

Between her brains and her education, by 20 Mary had already a college grade degree and, having shown an aptitude for computers, a comfortable position in the company's Informatics Security, with the promise of raising, in some twenty years, to the high levels of the department.

However, as easy as her life was, it was also terribly boring. Over time, Mary grew more and more restless; after fending off a few attacks from shadowrunners, she became interested in their subculture and started lurking around in the less reputable parts of the Matrix.
She was 25 when she took part in her first run. It was a simple job of stealing data from a rival corp, and she didn't meet much resistance, but the thrill of plunging into the depths of the Matrix looking for trouble had her hooked - that night, Angel was born.
Mary kept sliding further and further into her little "hobby", until the thrill and dangers of a run were all she lived for. Sure, her everyday life was nice and earned her enough money to maintain her life of luxury, but only when, at night, she jacked into her deck and rode the adrenaline of a run she felt truly alive and kicking.

The last thread that held her to her corporate life was cut the day the son of the local branch's vice-president proposed to her. Of course, her family considered it a great honor; but the though of becoming a trophy wife and baby factory to some self-centered manager, not to mention giving up her life as Angel, gave her the creeps.
A few days later, Mary was leaving the Seattle airport for a "business trip", with all the dirt she could dig up on her "fianceé" safely stored in a corner of the Matrix, programmed to be released to the public should she fail to input a password daily. A quick stop to move her money to a disposable credit stick, and Mary Ann Miller disappeared forever...

With the help of a runner she was in contact with Angel managed to set up a fake identity as Lucy Summers, electronics expert, but her resources were drying up fast. She needed some serious work, and fast.

Appearance: Even if you happened to work with her, it would be very unlikely for you to personally meet Angel. She would usually support a group remotely, and all you'd see of her would be her Matrix avatar, a pale skinned woman in dark clothes with a pair of black feathered wings on her back.
Should you ever meet the real Angel, you'd be confronted with the image of a confident, beautiful, tall elf dressed in tasteful, and undoubtly expensive, clothes. Her shoulder length blonde hair would do a nice job in hiding the tiny datajack port on the back of her head. She speaks with a slight, but noticeable, Australian accent.

Personality: Angel is a smart and calculating woman who clearly knows her way around people and social etiquette. Only when she jacks into the Matrix she gives in to her wildest side: she loves the thrill of a close call encounter with a black IC or of breaking into the safest corporate networks. She has expensive tastes, and this puts her constantly in need of work.



So, what are you questions?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <10-29-14/1631:14>
A bloody Thrill seeker. :)
Looks like a fun concept (I've played an elf hacker/face before, although with a very different background and it can be quite fun), although I think Clem and O'Connor will feel a bit out of place with three face type characters about.  But if we're going to continue with Horizon, we'll probably going to have a P2 thing going on at one moment and then a hacker/face is going to be very useful.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <10-29-14/1728:00>
[spoiler=Healing Stun]
Body 4 + Willpower 3 - Average Conditions 1 - Adept 2 = Pool 4
4d6.hits(5) → [2,3,2,3] = (0) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4697381/)
4d6.hits(5) → [5,5,5,1] = (3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4697382/)
So it takes two hours for O'Connor to wake up.
[/spoiler]


I approve of the player, especially because her handle is a Doctor Who reference.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-29-14/1804:12>
We'll do a GM hand wave and say O'Conner wakes up after KE arrives.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <10-29-14/1913:40>
As a player, I enjoy the Angel character; Clem will have to deal with it, just like she dealt with Fionn.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <10-30-14/0514:47>
Clem will rest as well if there's nothing else that needs to be done.

Body 5 + Willpower 3 - Average Conditions 1 (7d6.hits(5)=1, 7d6.hits(5)=2, 7d6.hits(5)=1, 7d6.hits(5)=1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4697832/) no glitches but bad rolls nonetheless. If she rests the same 2 hours as O'Connor, it'll at least be 3 stun healed.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: souffle_girl on <10-30-14/1405:25>
Hello everyone and thanks for the chance to join! Crossbow has kindly allowed me to post here...

The version of Angel he posted before was a preliminary draft, we went over it later to tailor her to this specific group. In particular, I mede the following changes:

- Angel is not Australian anymore, but British. Specifically, she used to work for the UK branch of Novatech, that later merged into NeoNET.
- She's not an elf, but a human. She only looks like an elf because, after leaving NeoNET, she went through a good amount of cybersculpting, including a metatype change, in order to become as unrecognizable as possible. Of course, her DNA is still the same, but she'll correct that in time.
- This particular build of Angel focuses less on PR skills, since the group already has a face. Instead, now that the need for her to hide her features is less important, she can take a more frontline role as a support character, with decking and medical skills. If things go really south, she can dust off her security training and pull out a SMG.
- She's still an expert at everything corporate.

I also went through the IC thread. It looks like you're mostly out of the fight, but I think I missed the reason why a group of particularly aggressive fans chasing their idol turned into a full fledge firefight.
Finally, if I get in, we need to figure out how Angel fits in the picture, since I'm not a big fan of retconning characters in. I guess that's Crossbow's problem though...

...and I think this is all. Nice to meet you!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <10-30-14/1446:13>
Hello, and welcome. :-)

I also went through the IC thread. It looks like you're mostly out of the fight, but I think I missed the reason why a group of particularly aggressive fans chasing their idol turned into a full fledge firefight.

Well...the main reason for the firefight is because O'Connor is...not entirely stable. He tends to think with his guns, and the rest of us have to put up with that. Clem was using non-lethal ammo, Sammy was tossing stun bolts, and Sam...well, he was being very lucky at not getting hit. :)

Finally, if I get in, we need to figure out how Angel fits in the picture, since I'm not a big fan of retconning characters in. I guess that's Crossbow's problem though...

I doubt we'll retcon; that tends to cause more issues than it solves.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <10-30-14/1500:47>
Welcome aboard souffle_girl, we got into a firefight because our team and the NPC team had a disagreement over who should own those armors. As inserting your character, it'd probably be a simple swap out. The old character leaves on personal business and the new one happens have a mutual acquaintance with a member of the team, probably Torley.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <10-30-14/1632:33>
The fans were mind controlled somehow and wouldn't stop.  I've already played this part (this is about as far as we went) with another group and it also turned into a fight, so I think it will always turn into a fight.  This fight was totally different than the previous time I went through it.  Well, from here on in it will all be new for me too.

EDIT: from what I understood this is a first run, after which we will relocate to LA.  Therefore it will be easy to get a new person into the group.  You can join in Seattle or even in LA (previous hacker had to leave and Mr. J found us a new one via someone he knows).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <10-30-14/1840:19>
Welcome to the group, your character will surely be very useful here! Just out of curiosity, did you read the first run these characters did (New Beginnings)? Not that it matters or anything, I'm just curious as to how much you know :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <10-31-14/0128:08>
Just by the way, did we have a chance to hide Mohawk away so that KE doesn't take him into custody? I think Clem would hide him before KE came so she could work on him later on, with Torley's help of course.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-31-14/0144:29>
Exactly what is your intention to try?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-31-14/0149:28>
Also, you do understand that there will be other people making statements, like the stuntmen.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <10-31-14/0250:17>
Yeah, put that way, it doesn't really make any sense to try and hide him away. The best solution would have been to interrogate him before KE arrived on the premises, really.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-31-14/0828:30>
The stuntmen are still wearing the armor, and you have the credentials and permits to justify their possession.  The set security guys have Mohawk and Harris, they came and got him and the cosplay fan that was knocked out in the fight.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <10-31-14/0846:06>
okay, it's probably just my shadowrun paranoia that's talking.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: souffle_girl on <11-03-14/0754:52>
I forgot to add: I never managed to register on Invisible Castle, some issue with confirmation e-mails, so I use Orokos for my dice rolling instead. I hope it's not a problem.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <11-03-14/0827:04>
I forgot to add: I never managed to register on Invisible Castle, some issue with confirmation e-mails, so I use Orokos for my dice rolling instead. I hope it's not a problem.
I had the same problem when I first joined. It took me three primaries and two spam catchers to finally get a confirmation email from InvisibleCastle.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <11-03-14/0901:20>
it also took me two tries before I got it right (which is why there's a 1 behind my username, as officially the other was already taken).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-03-14/0909:05>
I forgot to add: I never managed to register on Invisible Castle, some issue with confirmation e-mails, so I use Orokos for my dice rolling instead. I hope it's not a problem.
I had the same when I first joined. It took me three primaries and two spam catchers to finally get a confirmation email from InvisibleCastle.

I figured I just had to provide you with the proper incentive, like letting Thvor do your rolling.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <11-03-14/0912:22>
I forgot to add: I never managed to register on Invisible Castle, some issue with confirmation e-mails, so I use Orokos for my dice rolling instead. I hope it's not a problem.
I had the same when I first joined. It took me three primaries and two spam catchers to finally get a confirmation email from InvisibleCastle.

I figured I just had to provide you with the proper incentive, like letting Thvor do your rolling.  :)


At least it wasn't Fionn... I mean RHat ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <11-03-14/0934:20>
And just why wouldn't she want me doing the rolling? I haven't had any critical glitches (yet)...unlike some others. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: souffle_girl on <11-03-14/1019:06>
Don't worry, Orokos is easy and all I need to do is link my rolls here
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <11-03-14/1722:37>
And just why wouldn't she want me doing the rolling? I haven't had any critical glitches (yet)...unlike some others. :)
That wan't a critical glitch that was karmatic justice. Karmatic. Justice.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <11-03-14/1907:57>
In the end, justice was served, karmic or not :p
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <11-10-14/1703:20>
In drafting Sam's response, I went back to look at what we're being paid for the current job. Sam didn't do too well on the negotiation roll--only four hits--but we're getting 600/day. Which makes me think 1000 for two weeks is really, really low, hence the tough negotiation. If the team wants, I can edit my post.

Also, just for fun: knowledge alcohol: 7d6.hits(5)=3 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4712415/); aw, nothing too exciting.

Negotiation: 15d6.hits(5)=4 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4712566/)

Wow, consistent, at least. :P
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <11-10-14/1736:04>
unless 1000 a day is what he meant, but then I would keep your response in, as it is up to him to clarify.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <11-10-14/1904:03>
Yeah, go for it Thvor!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: souffle_girl on <11-11-14/1034:19>
Crossbow, does Angel have a way to call the group on their commlinks?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <11-11-14/1242:46>
Fionn probably gave you a contact (most likely Torley or Sammy), or even a way to go on the group channel.  As hacker if you have the code it should be easy. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: souffle_girl on <11-11-14/1550:26>
Fionn probably gave you a contact (most likely Torley or Sammy), or even a way to go on the group channel.  As hacker if you have the code it should be easy. :)

Hacking into your comm channel would definitely be her style, but it might not be the best way to start a job relationship...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-11-14/1617:03>
You have Fionn's direct line and he is still there.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: souffle_girl on <11-13-14/0156:55>
I'm really sorry but I'm having a rough week in RL. I'll be able to catch up in the weekend, sorry for the delay.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <11-13-14/0554:11>
don't worry, we're still doing negotiations for the team to move to LA, so as long as the face is present, we can continue. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <11-17-14/1023:00>
Ok, just for record keeping--how much did we just get paid? If I remember correctly, we got only 600 up front from Slade. And Sam, at least, spent all of that on the armored vest, plus a bit extra for the security guard clothing. And he's got a dent in his car that he needs to get fixed, too. :(
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <11-17-14/1131:37>
We have gotten 50K from that previous job.  don't you have anything left from that?  Or to paraphrase Skull the Troll from PvP: did you spent it all on ale and whores :)

EDIT: I'm not sure how much you guys know about this, but you will need a Pito account if you want the big jobs in LA.  For O'Connor and Clem this will be something weird, I'm quite sure.
@Crossbow: what's my C-rating?  My guess it will be about 4 (I have my agent and I know a VP, the father of one of my other contacts)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <11-17-14/1212:59>
Hey, just because Sam's got a fair bit of cash doesn't mean he doesn't like to know how much he has. ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-17-14/1237:12>

@Crossbow: what's my C-rating?  My guess it will be about 4 (I have my agent and I know a VP, the father of one of my other contacts)

Your "real" id has a pretty high rating still, but your false ID you are working under hasn't been rated yet.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <11-17-14/1356:22>

@Crossbow: what's my C-rating?  My guess it will be about 4 (I have my agent and I know a VP, the father of one of my other contacts)

Your "real" id has a pretty high rating still, but your false ID you are working under hasn't been rated yet.

Quote from my background:
She didn’t find a corporate job, but she did find something else, and that was the trid industry.  When she was 15, Melissa Firebird, a mage friend of hers from school brought her in contact with her father who worked for a subsidiary of horizon.  At first she only worked there during breaks and week-ends and off-screen, mostly turning people invisible and also healing stunt people when something went wrong.  It was a life she really liked and when she was 16, she got her first chance.  A mage had fallen ill and they quickly needed a double.  As she had about the same physical built, she was asked to stand in.  She did so, although under a fake name and this was the start of a career that would last for 5 years.  She liked acting and at the end of the year she even got a small role in one of the episodes of Neill the Orc Barbarian.

So I always assumed it was my fake name that got the fame (and I'm not really the first performer to use a stage name).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-17-14/1410:52>
That is why I put it in quotes.  Your fame is in the Sam Delavine identity, but I am assuming you work in Seattle as Rachel.  I have considered Maria to be the name of who you were as a SINless before Horizon.

Could be a problem fixing things otherwise.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <11-17-14/1415:50>
Sure, no problem.  I've already posted something to that effect.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <11-18-14/1053:18>
Ok, just for record keeping--how much did we just get paid?

You never answered Thvor's question, Crossbow.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-18-14/1242:06>
Just did a quick review, I thought you had only gotten half up front, my mistake, so the sticks you are being given are all bonus.  You got the first day up front last night for 600 and 400 on the sticks you just got.  The 'slush fund' will apparently be waiting for you in LA.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <11-20-14/0158:06>
How big is the case Fermin's providing for the teams illicit materials?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-20-14/0621:37>
How big is the case Fermin's providing for the teams illicit materials?

Good sized, it is a case like the one for the armor with no foam insert cut.  .
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <11-24-14/1836:37>
Dang, this sucks :(
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <11-25-14/0421:26>
Agreed.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <11-25-14/0434:55>
Should we go for another recruitment drive or move forward?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <11-25-14/0512:34>
I vote for moving forward, while trying to recruit along the way.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-25-14/0535:43>
Okay.  I will push on.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-25-14/1447:42>
Quick question, especially to farothel, but all can chime in.

Did you want to talk tactical and Pito stuff IC?  That could by me some time to find a hacker, but if you guys don't feel comfortable writing that stuff out we can move on to Cali prep.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <11-25-14/1538:01>
I'm fine with it.  I don't know more than what's in Corporate enclaves, but I can do some stuff (and invent a couple of things which are not in that book).

As you know, I've done this adventure right up to where we are now (although you did do it differently).  If I recall correctly we also did a shopping trip with Pandora right after this (and right before the game died).  the only problem with that was that it only included the girls (we had two female PCs), but i'm sure the rest can do something else.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-25-14/1603:19>
Sorry, no shopping trip for you and Clem :)

I will do a quick IC setup and let you guys have at it then.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-25-14/1749:19>
He quickly drew up a crude map of the Needle, using his finger since he lost his comm's stylus a while ago, and marked his and Clem's position during the fight with circles. He also placed two xs for the Swede and Mohawk along with movement lines to indicate where they'd come from. He sent the map to the others to mark where they were.

Is this something you want me to fill in for you Necrogigas?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <11-25-14/1818:36>
He quickly drew up a crude map of the Needle, using his finger since he lost his comm's stylus a while ago, and marked his and Clem's position during the fight with circles. He also placed two xs for the Swede and Mohawk along with movement lines to indicate where they'd come from. He sent the map to the others to mark where they were.

Is this something you want me to fill in for you Necrogigas?

I wrote it as I did to allow for color commentary, but I figure that we can just say meta- is now in-game knowledge for everyone.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <11-25-14/2047:03>
No shopping for Clem, I'm sure she'll get over it ;)

Just a quick question: do you think Clem's special order will be ready for their trip to LA?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <11-26-14/0811:46>
For those of you who don't know what a 'Slow Comfortable Screw Against The Wall With Satin Pillows The Hard Way' is, link below:
http://www.webtender.com/db/drink/4752 (http://www.webtender.com/db/drink/4752)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <11-26-14/1110:44>
Necro, if you want, I can give you a con roll to see if Sam's persuasive enough, but with a dice pool of 13, I think he can soothe any ruffled feathers. And I don't really like rolling dice for player-player interactions; feels kind of stilted.]

I am similarly not a fan of dice rolls involving player to player interaction.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-26-14/2026:10>
If I ever have a cute bartender I will try that :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <11-27-14/1249:34>
Happy Turkey Day to my fellow Americans.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <12-03-14/0357:25>
I think we got as much role-playing out of that scene as we're going to get. I'm ready to move on if everyone else is.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <12-03-14/0410:52>
I concur.  I just need to do one more post, but I was waiting for someone else to reply first.  If not, I'll add it in my last one.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <12-03-14/0818:19>
I don't really have anything to add.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <12-03-14/2027:41>
Feel free to 'advance the clock' and get to preparing to depart.  You will have a day's work and then the gear will get packed for the trip.

Hydro, you will not have your new shotgun before California, as you will fly out early the day after tomorrow.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <12-04-14/0051:47>
Got it. Clem will just bring her usual gear then, with her guns/ammo/sword in the crate.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <12-04-14/0432:39>
Do you want us to submit lists for what we're bringing? Or are we treating the crate basically as a bag of holding (within reason of course)?

-Stuff I'm Buying- (http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=16293.msg335966#msg335966)

Item
Stick-n-Shock Rounds (L. Pistols) x60
Stick-n-Shock Rounds (Machine Pistols) x 80
Stick-n-Shock Rounds (Assault Rifles) x40
Armored Jacket x1
Total
Base Cost
480¥
640¥
320¥
900¥
2340¥
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <12-04-14/0948:29>
You will have to submit lists, I have a clear idea of what this thing will hold, so if I think what you list for the box won't fit, I'll tell you.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <12-04-14/1021:59>
Clem will put her katana, her stun baton, her Colt Cobra and her Gov 2066 in the case along with 5 flash-bang grenades, 50 rounds stick-n-shock ammo and 100 rounds of regular ammo.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <12-05-14/0149:21>
I have a katana as well, a combat knife and an Ares predator with ammo (90 rounds regular, 30 rounds stick and shock).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <12-05-14/0226:02>
-Cargo Manifest-
Fichetti Security 600 x1
-Spare Clips x2
Ares Crusader x1
-Spare Clips x2
Colt M23 x1
-Spare Clips x2
Survival Knife x1

Explosive Rounds (L. Pistol) x150
Explosive Rounds (Machine Pistol) x200
Explosive Rounds (Assault Rifle) x200

Stick-n-Shock Rounds (L. Pistols) x60*
Stick-n-Shock Rounds (Machine Pistols) x 80*
Stick-n-Shock Rounds (Assault Rifles) x40*

Tag Eraser x1
Firearm Repair Kit x1
Medkit R6 x1
Stim Patch R3 x2
Zen x6**

*Assumes that you okay that purchase list
**Don't have a clear time frame to measure consumption rate
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <12-07-14/1132:26>
Sorry guys, we lost another drop in prior to launch.  Got some stuff to handle today (finals week for me) but I will push you guys on without a hacker for the moment,  I will keep looking, Thvor you may want to get a second character ready to go, but that will be a last resort.  If anyone is in another game with folks who have the goods, feel free to put them in touch.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <12-07-14/1158:55>
That was the character from Csjarrat right?  I think I saw that pass by in the looking for game topic.  Strange, as I've played with him before and I didn't have problems.  In fact, he's online right now.  Did he say he couldn't join?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <12-07-14/1209:16>
That was the character from Csjarrat right?  I think I saw that pass by in the looking for game topic.  Strange, as I've played with him before and I didn't have problems.  In fact, he's online right now.  Did he say he couldn't join?

He politely declined to join.

I sent him some criticism on the sheet he posted, you guys can probably guess what most of it consisted of since it was a lot of the same stuff I told you guys back when you first submitted.  I guess it wasn't worth his time.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <12-07-14/1459:27>
I'm sure we can pick up a hacker in LA.  There's bound to be some over there.  I actually had one there in another game.

Just an FYI: between December 26th and January 4th I will not be online as I'm on holiday and I won't have internet access there.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <12-07-14/2146:56>
Vacationing in North Korea, Farothel?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <12-08-14/0400:07>
No, on a live-aboard on the Maledives.  If you're on the middle of the Ocean looking for whale sharks, internet isn't a top priority.  The only communication off the boat is by radio if we're close enough to an inhabited island (and they have a radio too) or by satelite phone.  You might get cell phone reception if you're close to a resort or the capital, but they haven't heard of 3G and only a few of the resorts have WiFi (password protected of course and only covering the hotel, not the beaches or the ocean). 

Actually, it's not that bad, a little vacation away from the internet.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <12-08-14/0538:47>
Sounds fun, I hope you enjoy it!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <12-08-14/0606:42>
It will be away from the cold and the rain here in Belgium, sitting in a tropical region looking for giant fish. What's not to enjoy.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <12-09-14/2241:36>
Okay, couple of notes, still in finals week, last test is on Friday, wish me luck, I need it.

Christmas is coming up, might be another slow time, hope all are patient.  Have fun out on the atolls that won't be there soon farothel :)

Got another potential player that I am trading emails with, they should post today or tomorrow.

Last thing, the shipping case is 1m X 1m X 2m.  The contents intended for it are beyond its capacity before you consider proper packing for shipment of explosives, ammunition, firearms and medical supplies, list revision as a group is needed, also consider that another may need to put something in there and you may find something that needs to come back.

Part of the list is about to fix itself, Necrogigas, I will need you to roll the availability on that much SnS ammo.  Darrell will be able to get it, but how much he has laying around the shop is questionable, you have the option of increasing the dice involved so tell me what you will be rolling for it  (availability and swag in the rulebook, armorer stats are in the contact book).  Obviously the jacket is no problem.  On that note, Hydroraven, Clem is contacted by the gunsmith, who for a small convenience fee  (100 nuyen) will get what he needs from you before you leave so that the shotgun will be ready when you return to Seattle.

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <12-09-14/2354:00>
Stick-n-Shock Rounds x10 Availability: 5R

Darrell
Negotiation 3 + CHA 3 + Connection 3 + 75% increase 3 = Pool 12

Stick-n-Shock Rounds (L. Pistols) x60
12d6.hits(5)=6
12d6.hits(5)=5
12d6.hits(5)=6
12d6.hits(5)=3
12d6.hits(5)=3
12d6.hits(5)=4 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4736405/)

Stick-n-Shock Rounds (Machine Pistols) x 80
12d6.hits(5)=4
12d6.hits(5)=4
12d6.hits(5)=4
12d6.hits(5)=3
12d6.hits(5)=3
12d6.hits(5)=6
12d6.hits(5)=4
12d6.hits(5)=4 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4736409/)

Stick-n-Shock Rounds (Assault Rifles) x40
12d6.hits(5)=4
12d6.hits(5)=3
12d6.hits(5)=1
12d6.hits(5)=3 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4736410/)


So if I'm doing this right, that means that Darrell can get 30 rounds of light pistol sns ammo and 10 rounds of machine pistol sns ammo to O'Connor before he leaves. That being the case I'll only buy the 30 rounds of light pistol ammo.

SnS (L. Pistol) x30 240¥ + 75% increase 180¥ + 15% Contact Commision 36¥ = 456¥


How much space are we over by? Those revisions can't happen when we don't have any idea how much we need to shave off.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-09-14/2357:23>
Hello all.  I am trying to get into your game and Crossfire asked that I post here to introduce myself.  I will be reading up on the plot to far and will try to fill your slot for a hacker.  I am a returning player, but the last time I really played was 1e, so a LOT has changed.  I have no real experience as a hacker,, so will take any advice given.  I am working on the 20Q and hope to have a character done very soon.  I live in Alaska and my job screens all contact with this site so I am limited to posting in the mornings and evenings,  I hope that this works for everyone.  I really love what I have seen so far and really like the role playing.

I can be reached during the day or any time by email at marisart@yahoo.com, so feel free to drop me a line and give me advice or whatever.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <12-10-14/0015:50>
@Mercy Merchant

Hello and welcome to the game, look forward to seeing you with us! I don't have any issues with you posting on mornings and evenings, whatever works for you!

@Crossbow

Clem will pay the ¥100 fee, no problems with that at all. Did you want me to role play that part or can we just deduct the money and move on? And like Necrogigas said, without knowing by how much we are over, it's a little difficult to know how much we need to remove.



But in any case, I would say we prioritize the street sams' gear (call my opinion biased if you want), and stuff like the room sweeper Torley picked up would be best left behind in my opinion. It's something that's easily replaceable, as opposed to customized weapons. The ammo we can always pick some up in LA I guess.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <12-10-14/0255:10>
For the 'smuggling box', not only do we need to know how much we are over, but also how you see the security checks.  My Ares Predator and my katana are both R-rated.  If you have a licence, you technically are allowed to have them (and I have those licences, even if they're fake).  So technically, I could take them in my checked-in luggage (in hand luggage it's not possible, that I know, but checked-in luggage should be possible).  This won't work for O'Connor with his criminal SIN, but if the others can take R-rated weapons in their regular checked-in luggage, only the F-rated stuff and O'Connor's stuff has to go in the box, which should be possible.

I can say that it's a movie prop for instance and I might be able to get away with it.  And for the Predator I can go with something like 'you know how dangerous it is for a woman alone.  I need something to defend myself you know'.  If it's in the checked-in luggage, they might accept that.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <12-10-14/0834:25>
I'm fine with leaving the roomsweeper behind, though I doubt that's going to free up much space. It's just a second option for Sam, and he's not good enough with guns to make it overly important.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <12-10-14/0855:01>
It isn't so much of a security check problem as it is a geometry and transport problem.  Weapons that you want to be of any use on the other end require bulky cases or a lot of foam padding.  Swords are usually transported similarly, though I think that is more of a reverence thing.  Different kinds of loose ammo is going to need an ammo can for each type,  and another one for the grenades.  A med kit is a fairly solid mass that I figure to about size of an athletic bag, and the tool kit is minimum shoebox sized.

To tell you what doesn't fit I would need a combined and prioritized list., but I can tell you the bulkiest items are the swords, the assault rifle and the medkit.   Then the SMG, the ammo and the tool kit.  that is NOT in order by size.  I also need to know if you are taking adequate precautions or just stuffing it all in there.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <12-10-14/0943:03>
We can already remove the medkit and the stim patches.  They don't have an R or F rating, so just pack it in your regular bag.  That's already two removed.
I've also removed the firearms repair kit.  That's also not an illegal item and can also be transported in the regular bag (Clem, me or Sam can take it if it gives problems for O'Connor to have a firearms repair kit while he's not allowed to use firearms).

And it is partly a security check problem.  I thought the box was to handle the illegal items we need at the other side, so if we can take our regular items (anything with rating R or lower we have licenses for) in our personal bags (check-in luggage, not hand luggage of course), we only need the box for the F-rated items (and the R-rated items from O'Connor due to his criminal SIN).

ammo boxes for pistol ammo aren't all that big (http://westernfirearms.com.au/storage-ammo-cases-pistol-ammo-box-50-round-40-10mm-45-acp-p50-45-p-3270.html (http://westernfirearms.com.au/storage-ammo-cases-pistol-ammo-box-50-round-40-10mm-45-acp-p50-45-p-3270.html) is one to put .45 ammo in, some of the biggest there is in pistols).  It doesn't look all that big for 50 rounds.  If we assume that pistol and machine pistol ammo has a similar size (the only difference between the two is the rate of fire, the bullets of a 9mm pistol and a 9mm machine pistol are the same if I recall correctly), we have the following:

1 light, 2 heavy pistols
1 machine pistol
2 assault rifles
2 katanas
2 knifes
1 stun baton
5 flash-bang granades
Tag Eraser x1
Firearm Repair Kit x1
Medkit R6 x1
Stim Patch R3 x2
Zen x6**

380 rounds pistol ammo from O'Connor
120 rounds pistol ammo from Sammy
50 rounds pistol ammo from Clem
200 rounds rifle ammo (O'Connor)
100 rounds rifle ammo (clem)
That's quite a lot of ammo. :)

Now I've just wrote down all I had, but I can probably remove quite a lot and keep 45 rounds in total (already loaded in 3 clips, so no boxes needed), as I don't need all that much (3 clips from a pistol don't take that much space).  And if I can take my katana and my pistol in my checked-in luggage, I don't need any space in the special box at all, except for the extra ammo (I assume firearms have to be transported without ammo).  Also if it's really needed, I can buy regular ammo in LA, as I'm quite sure they have some there, limiting what I need to 30 rounds of SnS (2 loaded clips).  I can also give some of that to Clem if needed, as we both have a heavy pistol.

So if I and Clem can use our own bags to transport our R-rated items instead of this box we keep:
1 light pistol
1 machine pistol
2 assault rifles
1 knife
5 flash-bang granades
Tag Eraser x1
Zen x6**

380 rounds pistol ammo from O'Connor
50 rounds pistol ammo from Sammy
50 rounds pistol ammo from Clem
200 rounds rifle ammo (O'Connor)
100 rounds rifle ammo (clem)

I have kept the assault riffle from Clem in the box, even though it's R rated, as assault rifles are frowned upon.  This should fit in a 1x1x2m box if we pack it in tight and use optimalisation (like put all the ammo together packed as tightly as possible, instead of by person).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <12-10-14/1055:33>
There were 2 assault rifles?  I thought one was an SMG, doesn't matter.

If the medkit and the some of the other stuff goes away you will be fine..

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <12-10-14/1239:06>
Sam picked up a license for the roomsweeper, but he'd rather leave it at home than put it in his luggage. Just wouldn't fit his travelling persona. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <12-10-14/1302:31>
The Roomsweeper can fit in the case if the medkit and the tools come out
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <12-10-14/1951:48>
Clem doesn't have any licences for her gear, so she can't carry anything with her. But like it's been pointed out, we can carry the Medkit and the gun repair kit, and Clem can leave her regular ammo behind, as it's probably something that shouldn't be too difficult to get a hold of once the team lands in LA.

Now we just need to hope nothing happens on the plane...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <12-10-14/2156:51>
Trying to provoke ideas Hydroraven?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-11-14/0006:45>
Got my first post off.  Fingers crossed that it went OK.  Almost done with an approved character sheet, but the post gave a description of the character.  Thanks for the chance to do this and I hope I do not disappoint.  I love RP and this sounds like a great group so far.  Ophelia does not know much about what is going on yet, sort of like me, so please be gentle.  And Sam Torley, you cad!  What is it with taking a girl out for drinks and sex and then not calling.  Tsk  Tsk.  At least you left a nice tip.  The nuyen came in handy.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <12-11-14/0526:51>
No, not at all Crossbow, just being cautious. This IS shadowrun after all ;)

If you like RPing MM, I think you'll be well served in the group. I just have to give you a heads-up though: Ophelia's style does clash with Clem, so she will be cold with her, at least until she proves herself :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <12-11-14/0549:49>
No, not at all Crossbow, just being cautious. This IS shadowrun after all ;)

If you like RPing MM, I think you'll be well served in the group. I just have to give you a heads-up though: Ophelia's style does clash with Clem, so she will be cold with her, at least until she proves herself :)

Sammy on the other hand is used to that kind of style.
As an FYI for MM: I'm not sure how much you've read in our characters, but mine has the fame quality, so you might have heard about her.  If you have media junkie and/or any knowledge skill about trids or the (LA) celebrity scene, you will have heard about her.  I actually have posted a filmography in my background.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <12-11-14/0948:29>
Before Sam responds, can someone remind me how close we are to the laes-induced memory gap? I'm assuming Yelena's just putting on a pretense as a way of introducing herself, but if the timing is close--if the memory gap was four or five weeks ago--his response could be awkward.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-11-14/0951:45>
Ophjelia has absolutely heard of you.  She is a big fan.  And I know it is early days yet, but do not let the exterior fool you.  She is all business inside.  Sam Torley is a former "client" of hers and she rarely forgets a face, even if he has reasons to deny it.  She is pretty good at both of her jobs.  As for Sammy's movies, the list did not say if you had won the Oscar or not.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <12-11-14/1025:12>
Just so I, as a player, don't confuse things: are our characters supposed to have run together or is Ophelia just trying to break the ice? If the former, I'll change my previous post, but if the latter, I'll leave it unchanged.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-11-14/1029:49>
Run together?  No, not in the normal shadow run context.  Your bio indicated that you do bodyguard work for escorts to and from johns in dangerous areas.  I had thought it is not impossible that you would have escorted me at some point in the past.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <12-11-14/1240:44>
Ophjelia has absolutely heard of you.  She is a big fan.  And I know it is early days yet, but do not let the exterior fool you.  She is all business inside.  Sam Torley is a former "client" of hers and she rarely forgets a face, even if he has reasons to deny it.  She is pretty good at both of her jobs.  As for Sammy's movies, the list did not say if you had won the Oscar or not.

She didn't win, it was only a nomination.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <12-11-14/1301:55>
Okay, before things get too confused, a few things need to be cleared up.

You original four are less than 3 weeks out from waking up on a mountain naked.

Sammy was contacted by Fionn as to the arrival of Snow (that is the street handle for MM's character) as his replacement for the job,

Torley has indeed contracted Snow's services in the past, as an escort not as a hacker.  I will leave the details of the incident for the two of you to settle on by PM.

Clementine has never worked protection for Snow, but she does remember the context under which they 'met', as does Snow.  There was a meeting awhile back, congenial and professional, about some mutual interests of the Yakuza and the Vory (Russian organized crime).  The success of the meeting had been celebrated with a 'dinner party' where a lot of old married men got to meet with a lot of beautiful girls from the stables of the other organization.  Clem was there as security, Snow was there as entertainment.

Feel free to continue the chatter, I will move you on to LA when I am done with my Calculus final tomorrow.

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <12-11-14/1916:43>
Alright, got it. We'll assume Clem has some memory of Ophelia then ;)

And good luck on your final!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-11-14/2038:10>
Yes, good luck on the finals.  I am so glad that I had my last one years ago, back then we used charcoal on rocks.  Say, what are Sammy and Clem wearing for the plane ride?  Are either of you interested in fashion small talk IC or is it all business?  I do not want to set a bad tone, but I really want to try this character out and this group seems hot for RP.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <12-11-14/2044:32>
Clem is wearing her steampunk armour, but she's not much into talking fashion. But Snow doesn't know that yet :p
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <12-11-14/2144:00>
Mercy, quick note, try to keep you IC action descriptions in the third person and use quotes when Snow is speaking.  Necro uses a real good system for keeping different kinds of speech straight through color-coding in his post signature, even though I don't use it.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-11-14/2242:48>
Sorry.  I will try to get that down.  I was using colors but could not figure out how he was putting the color codes in.  Still working on this way of gaming.  I will try to remember third person.  I hope that my learning curve is not too steep for you people to accept.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <12-11-14/2329:44>
No worries. Having third person just makes the story "read" better, since then we don't have to mentally translate from "I" to "Snow".

As for the color codes, there should be a drop-down box in the upper right portion of the "Post Reply" area labelled "Change Color". If you highlight text before selecting that, it'll bracket the selection with the appropriate tags, or you can change the color and then type your text in the middle. I've used both, depending on what I felt like at the moment.

You can also type the tags in directly, using [ color=green]...[ /color] (remove the spaces after the square brackets). I've generally only needed to know how to do that for when I'm posting from my phone, but that's painful so I try to avoid it.

Incidentally, you'll sometimes see us using [ooc] or [spoiler] tags to indicate out-of-character notes. The forum used to hide the text in the spoiler tags until you clicked on it, but it hasn't worked that way for months now. Just be aware of those tags, and don't be surprised when we use them. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <12-12-14/0225:29>
Yes, good luck on the finals.  I am so glad that I had my last one years ago, back then we used charcoal on rocks.  Say, what are Sammy and Clem wearing for the plane ride?  Are either of you interested in fashion small talk IC or is it all business?  I do not want to set a bad tone, but I really want to try this character out and this group seems hot for RP.

Sammy is wearing some high-end jeans and t-shirt and an armoured vest.  Comfortable stuff to travel in, but it still looks nice.  And yes, she can talk about fashion, although I'm not all that good with it.  I also have a Zoé ensemble like you do, but I don't wear it when traveling on a plane (having done so IRL quite often, I've learned the value of wearing comfortable clothing when sitting on a plane for 10 hours).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <12-12-14/0300:51>
Assensing results- Snow is healthy, no real negativity in her aura, but not quite as bouncy/happy as she is acting, some cyber with a major block of headware.

Seattle to LA is a short hop, would be less than an hour if they weren't required to avoid certain airspace (like Tir Tairngire) but you'll be in the airports longer than you are in the air..
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <12-12-14/0348:40>
I know it's not that far, but still, Sammy has been on planes before and therefore knows that she has to wear something comfortable, even if it's a short flight (especially since on short flights they often put the seats closer together to be able to put more people in).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-12-14/1027:57>
I am off to work and have a party afterwards so I will not be back online until very late tonight my time.  If things happen, just carry me with you on the plane.  Snow will be working on securing the communications.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-13-14/1147:17>
Does O'Connor have any tats from his prison time?  If so, are they visible?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-13-14/1334:22>
I am a proud graduate of the United States Military Academy and the only football game I really care about is the Army-Navy game and it is on today.  I will be away for the game and some celebrations afterwards, no matter who wins.  I will be on later, but it will likely be late tonight my time. 

I do like the way this is forming up for me, so thanks again for the chance to play with such a good group.   TTFN
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <12-13-14/1342:45>
Does O'Connor have any tats from his prison time?  If so, are they visible?
He does, across his chest are the words C-Block Crashers, so no they're not visible.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-14-14/1012:54>
Maybe the two of us can compare tats some day.  OK.  Just waiting to hear from Sam and Sammy about getting slaved to her network.  I hope I am not coming on too strong.  I should have an approved character sheet from Crossbow soon and will post it for all to see.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <12-14-14/1015:00>
It's ok for me, don't worry MM. I guess it's the time of year, so people might be busy either from tests/finals or from holiday preparations/office parties.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-14-14/1948:31>
Ooooops.  I guess I did not look close enough to see that he had been a technomancer.  My fault.  I was blissfully thinking he was a hacker.  I am sorry for the mistake on my part.   I really hope that I am getting the hacker thing right as this is my first time doing one.  Anyone should feel to chime in with some OOC comments that might help me.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <12-14-14/2218:56>
Mark it down Necrogigas, that is a humor award for O'Connor, one Karma.  I have got to see if that old Shadowrun humor file is still running.  That one's worth a quote.

O'Connor smirked, "About three weeks back, eight of us woke up one morning completely naked and in various states of bondage. We didn't know who everyone else was, or why we were all out there. In the end we found out that we pulled a job in the Tir, and that getting captured and dosed with laes was part of the plan. So fair warning, utter humiliation and defeat counts as success for this team."

You guys are doing a great job keeping things moving while I decompress from a tough semester and get this new character squared away, so thanks for that.  We will move on soon.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <12-14-14/2246:11>
@MM: If you go to Profile -> Forum Profile there's the signature section where most of us keep the speech colors.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-14-14/2308:51>
OK.  I set up the signature line in the profile.  How do I get it attached?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-14-14/2312:15>
Much better.  Thank you for the hint.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <12-15-14/0509:10>
Ooooops.  I guess I did not look close enough to see that he had been a technomancer.  My fault.  I was blissfully thinking he was a hacker.  I am sorry for the mistake on my part.   I really hope that I am getting the hacker thing right as this is my first time doing one.  Anyone should feel to chime in with some OOC comments that might help me.

If he didn't tell you he was a technomancer, you might not know.  It's not something that most people advertise.

PS: if you need some extra information, I've made some cheat sheet quite a long time ago and posted it here on the forum which might help you. 
http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=3269.msg35275#msg35275 (http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=3269.msg35275#msg35275)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <12-15-14/0535:58>
Thanks for that Farothel, very useful!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-15-14/1013:43>
Yes.  Very helpful.  Thanks a lo0t.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <12-17-14/1328:48>
@Thvor: Johnny's the one that punched the wolf.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <12-17-14/1331:59>
Oh, oops. Guess that shows how long it's been. I'll edit once I get back to my computer.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-18-14/0051:03>
Sorry about that, guys.  At least you all got Bloody Marys out of my embarrassment.  I will try to do better.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <12-18-14/0057:21>
MM, that is an evil GM being mean and getting the game moving.  Relax. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <12-18-14/0157:11>
Don't worry, it makes the story more interesting :p
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <12-18-14/0212:06>
Always remember that GMs don't level with exp, they level with the tears of their players. Crossbow also happens to be up there in levels.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <12-18-14/0452:18>
I know, being a GM for our tabletop group (Alternity Dark Matter).  I have a guy with the divided loyalty flaw who is forwarding information about what they do to his organisation.  I have another guy with the powerful enemy flaw.  What they don't know is that both organisations are connected.  I'm practicing my grin from time to time so I have it perfect the day they figure that one out.  ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <12-18-14/0714:43>
Always remember that GMs don't level with exp, they level with the tears of their players. Crossbow also happens to be up there in levels.

Have I mentioned how much I appreciate the fact that you are such a crybaby?  By the way, I get percentile bonuses when I get people to throw things, but it's on honor system online so you guys have to do your part.   ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <12-18-14/1019:14>
So let me guess, our characters will have to rack up a certain number of subscribers on the P2.0 in order for the story to move on at some point, right?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <12-18-14/1537:05>
As everyone else has already said, Mercy--don't sweat the EvilGMTM. For what it's worth, I was actually enjoying that RP moment, and would have liked to see it play out. :)

Moving forward, Sam's going to try to figure out how best to use the P2.0 system for the team's advantage. I'll let the EGM decide how Sam's natural social skills and his gremlins quality mesh for that, because I honestly have no clue. :P All I know about the system is what's been posted in the IC thread, so I don't really know how it plays out in game. Crossbow, let me know if you want a roll, and how many dice should go into it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <12-18-14/1601:32>
I am going to have to look into that myself.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <12-18-14/1609:16>
The only thing I know is what is in Corporate enclaves.  It's about everything I've posted here.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <12-18-14/2018:32>
Yeah, I know nothing about this P2 system as a player...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <12-18-14/2040:52>
Its basically the unholy love child of youtube and twitter.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <12-18-14/2043:54>
But why do runners need it? I understand some people would want to be seen, but why would runners, who's kryptonite is usually public view, NEED this system? I don't have corporate enclaves, is there something online I can read to catch up on that?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <12-18-14/2050:52>
The reasons for it are entirely cultural. The starving actor in waiting routine has bleed into just about every aspect of the LA scene. Its not enough to be good, everyone needs to see you be good.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <12-18-14/2112:32>
Do people get a remuneration for this or is it just one of those situations where Johnsons tend to go after the most popular people?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <12-18-14/2139:42>
Okay, before anyone starts giving bad intel around, I am working on a little blurb for you guys to let you and your characters understand what this Pito (P2.0) thing is about.Yes, it is important for the game or I wouldn't be jacking with it, no, there is not going to be a ratings requirement to get the adventure completed, but there will be some crap to deal with.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-18-14/2347:16>
Oops.  I forgot to change the color of my last paragraph of my IC post back to black.  Sorry about that.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <12-19-14/1039:56>
To explain Pito and how it will work in the game I first have to let you know some stuff that you may not know about your characters right now.  This is stuff that your characters are doing, because you aren’t dead and you don’t want me constantly harassing you with the penalties for not doing things that should be as natural as breathing in the Sixth World.

Even if you are technically inept you understand that commlinks are how you successfully operate in the Sixth World and use them almost unconsciously.  What is normal for your characters would resemble one of those a-hole urban types that are always on their smart phones today for us in real life.  You all have subscription feeds to electronic magazines or shows.  You also understand the “rules” for mode operation.  You switch modes all the time because you mostly need the anonymity of the Hidden Mode, but don’t need the attention that ghosting all the time gets you so you reluctantly push it to Passive, while the rest of the sheep run around in Active.

To understand how things work in LA, imagine an insecure hyperactive social media obsessed teenager from the popular crowd in school who happens a reality TV fan.  Now understand that is the absolute minimal baseline.  If you are not in Active mode you are always noticeable, broadcasting and advertising your presence is the only way to blend in, preferably with content.

This is about the best way I can explain it.

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <12-20-14/0513:40>
Which is why I have two commlinks.  One with all the runner stuff, hidden and running the best protective software money can buy (ergonomic, optimized analyse rating 6), and one for my public profile, which I put on active, passive or whatever is needed.  This has almost nothing on it, except my fake SIN, my P2 stuff and those subscriptions you mentioned.  All the stuff to look like a Joe (or Jane in my case) wageslave.  If we're on a run and we have to start getting sneaky, the second commlink simply goes off.

This was suggested to me by my GM back when I first started playing Shadowrun (way too many years ago) and I've kept to it ever since.

EDIT: we might need something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNyTqIsrk0w (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNyTqIsrk0w)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-20-14/1415:59>
I took that hint from you in an earlier post and have done that as well.  My Pito stuff is loaded on one of my secondary commlinks to keep it separated from the team 'link I carry inside my head.  So what sort of pic and things are safe to upload on this thing?  I have read the book that Crossbow sent us and have some ideas, but you seem to know a lot about it and I could use the advice.

I do hoe to have my approved character sheet back soon so it can be posted.  Apparently I messed up the formatting and Crossbow, our generous and fun-loving GM, is being kind enough to fix it for me.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <12-20-14/1625:49>
Just so it is said, I am looking for time to give to this game, but there is a lot of family stuff I am doing too, it being the Christmas holiday and all so.  Feel free to keep on me just also understand I got a wife and kids to keep happy too.  :)

Some things to consider, since I have a second, beyond the backup comms, there was a suggestion in one of the sources about changing your looks for broadcast, this is a good idea even if you aren't broadcasting yourself, since you will likely appear in others' feeds.

I will get to peoples contact checks the next time I am on, promise.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <12-20-14/1649:48>
no worries.  I'll be gone from the 26st to the 4th of January myself without internet access (they don't have WiFi in the middle of the Ocean apparently :) ), so it won't be a problem if things went slower during that period.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-20-14/1952:48>
That sounds like a nice vacation.  My next big one is a week in Disney World next June.  Love Mickey and all the rest.  Taking a bunch with us this time, so it should be loads of fun.  Yeah, I was told to say that.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <12-20-14/2200:40>
If you're bring a kid along, tell the attendants that (s)he has ADHD. It'll get you to the head of the line.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <12-22-14/1844:13>
Okay, Snow will get a text back about Vory contacts in LA.  Simply put, there aren't any.  What little presence they had in the area was wiped out by unlucky geography (it's under water now), there are a few long haul smugglers that are based here that also work the ports in Vladivostok, and a few ethnic Russian who know to pay lip service, but no real presence.  Instead of getting contacts, she is going to be tasked by the higher ups to be making some.  There is also a collection or two to be made or at least a word of reminder made.

Did anyone else have any contact business to take care of?  I looked for Sammy touching base with it just seemed like pleasantries.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <12-22-14/1902:59>
Nothing for Clem.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <12-22-14/2156:54>
In past posts, O'Connor's made overtures to Darrell about the timetables and progress of the weapons he's commissioned. I never got anything back in way of a response, but that isn't immedient. It's just something I need you not to forget about, O'Connor's already dropped 3K for a down payment on that MG.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-23-14/0015:54>
Thank you for the Vory information.  I guess Snow has her work cut out for her.  The other thing she tried to do was contact that air marshal to see if he was interested in a get together to discuss how she could better handle her system.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <12-23-14/1032:17>
Sam doesn't have any contacts with LA connections, unfortunately, so there's not really much for him to do in that regard.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <12-23-14/1149:43>
Okay, Snow will get a text back about Vory contacts in LA.  Simply put, there aren't any.  What little presence they had in the area was wiped out by unlucky geography (it's under water now), there are a few long haul smugglers that are based here that also work the ports in Vladivostok, and a few ethnic Russian who know to pay lip service, but no real presence.  Instead of getting contacts, she is going to be tasked by the higher ups to be making some.  There is also a collection or two to be made or at least a word of reminder made.

Did anyone else have any contact business to take care of?  I looked for Sammy touching base with it just seemed like pleasantries.

At the moment I'm just going to put the contacts I have in LA into my P2 network for my new account, as a way to get the network going.  but nothing more at the moment.  First get settled in, then we'll see.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-24-14/0258:45>
I was just going through the character sheets again and I noticed that Sam knows Russian.  He should be able to read Snow's arm tats that are visible when she is wearing the tee shirt.  Each phrase encircles the middle of her upper arm.  The one on the right arm consists of three lines of script and reads "Honor is the only thing remaining when all else is stripped from you."  The one on the left arm consists of two lines of script and reads "Family is the bond that holds the soul together."


Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays to all of you.  I hope all of you arrive home safely from wherever your travels take you.  Peace.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <12-24-14/0723:09>
And happy festivus to all!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <12-24-14/0849:13>
Merry Christmas, but bahumbug as well.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <12-24-14/2123:52>
Merry Seasons or Happy Greetings or whatev.  I got a family, so consider me out of contact for a day or two. 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <12-26-14/0927:34>
As I've said before, I will be out of contact starting now until the 4th of January, as I'll be lucky to have cell phone coverage, let alone internet where I'm going.  So see you guys back in the next year.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <12-26-14/1034:47>
Hey, sorry for being out of the loop for a bit--been busy getting ready for yesterday & dealing with sick kids. Should be calmer now.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <12-26-14/1210:12>
Have a safe trip Farothel!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <12-27-14/0624:21>
Have a safe trip Farothel!

I just arrived in male, no problems On the flights but they were long.  It's hot out here though (About 30 degrees Celsius difference).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <12-27-14/0926:44>
How long was the flight?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <12-27-14/1028:19>
2 flights of About 6 Horus each, with one flight of 2 hours still to come.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <12-27-14/1052:53>
Wow, are you sure you're not traveling to Antarctica?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <12-27-14/1102:26>
took me about 22 hours to get to Afghanistan, when i went.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-27-14/1257:29>
Sounds like quite the adventure.  Have you been there before?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <12-27-14/2342:19>
It was boring as heck, I went over three times and had leave twice during tours.  Hated most of it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-28-14/0016:35>
As a former US Army Ranger and infantry company commander, I salute you for your service.  Thank you for your sacrifices.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <12-28-14/2025:56>
You did a lot more than I did sir, but you are welcome and thanks for yours.  When did you serve?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-29-14/0154:45>
Mid 72 through mid 75 I was an enlisted infantryman in the 75th Infantry (Rangers).  Went on to the Military Academy for four years and them served my commissioned time in Fort Lewis and Fort Richardson, with some mini tours scattered about in between, plus mandatory schooling.  I got out as a Major in 92 during the drawdown after Desert Storm.  Never served in a war zone, although my name was on the lists several times.  It seemed that I was always being reassigned and then two or three months later the old unit went to a combat zone.  Happened for Granada and Panama and Desert Storm.  I saw lots of time with foreign spec ops units from England, Germany, Canada, and Belgium.  I did some cross training with the 10th Special Forces and the 82nd Airborne, but always preferred to be a Ranger.

So if you have any combat tours under your belt, you have done more than I.  I was ready to go, but you went.  I still salute you.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <12-29-14/1045:45>
Combat Zone is a relative term, I was what they called a FOBbit.  Never left the base, worse yet I was an Aviation Tech, they kept us real safe, back with the Air Force guys :).   Closest I came to danger was indirect fire launched over the fence of the airfield.  I tell folks that I was more worried walking to school on the south side of Milwaukee than I ever was in uniform.

I remember Fort Lewis, my son was born there.  I also remember running Ranger Hill and that airfield more than a few times, though not fondly.  Had a friend stationed there you might heard about from your time there, he wasn't a Ranger though so I doubt you crossed paths.  He was involved in a big drug thing on the base that got him put out.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <12-29-14/2154:29>
Snow

Name: Yelena Petrovna Talinovsky
Alias: Ophelia or Snow
Race: Elf
Sex: Female
Nationality: Russian
Lifestyle: High (3 Months prepaid)
Karma Spent: 0/0

Physical Description: 1.7m, 56kg, silver hair below waist, violet eyes, killer figure, great complexion, nice teeth, various Russian mob tattooes on her back and chest that are cleverly disguised with decorations so that non-Vory would have to look hard to notice the mob markings.

Personality/background Yelena Marinova Talinovsky was born in Vladivostok, Russia in 2023 to Elven parents.  She slid from the womb a bare ten minutes before her sister, Olena.  Her mother, Marina, has told her many times that she is marked for something special, as Elves do not normally have twins.  From birth, she was part of three families.  Her immediate family consisted of her parents, Marina and Petr, and her sister, Olena; her parents were part of the EVO corporate culture; and her father was a mid-level soldier for the Vladivostok bratva, an arm of the Vory, or Russian mob.

She grew up with a large extended family of "uncles" and "cousins" that she had no blood ties to but were always dropping by.  As a result she grew up steeped in the traditions of Mother Russia and the Vory.  Her life was nearly idyllic.  In a time when many of her kind were seen as freaks, her family was insulated from that by both the Vory and EVO Corporation.  She received a good education and proved to be a bright, if energetic child.  She and her sister were blessed with uncommon good looks and her father was frequently ribbed that he would need to keep the shotgun close to the door.

The reality was that no one would dare harm either girl as they were part of the bratva family, and no one crossed the bratva.  Both girls were enlisted into work at an early age, starting out as runners then gradually moving on to greater responsibilities.  At 12 both girls were formally inducted into the Vory and were given small medalions to commemorate the event.  Yelena still wears hers, always.  It is the only thing she will never take off, not for exercise, not for sex, not for anything.

She got her first Vory Tattoo at 15 and has added several more since.  She fully embraced the Vory and the local bratva and was provided training and opportunities for advancement.  And the Vory came to be far more than just an organization; it was family.  Her loyalty to the Vory has never waivered.  She demonstrated a high aptitude for computers and coding and the bratva found her employment with EVO, where she received additional training.

But training was not all she received.  The corporation coughed up a large amount of nuyen for a high-end commlink implant and good software, and taught her how to use them.  Her features caught the eye of the corporate VP of Client Services and she was taught how to take advantage of her looks and personality with the intent to seduce, have sex with, and gain information from various clients.  Her Vory bosses emphasized that this would fit into their plans and she accepted the new lifestyle, becoming a Corporate Hostess.  The perks that came with her new job included a high-end apartment, a car with driver, first-class flights to various locations, and access to specialized software she could use to mine information from the clients.  She was on the payroll, but allowed to keep any "gifts" the clients gave her.  She relished the feelings that came with the power she had over the men and women she was told to seduce.  A number of her clients were foreigners and she learned a smattering of Cantonese, Japanese, and English so as to be able to carry on a conversation, although that was not the asset that most of her clients were interested in.

One of her long-term assignments was the head of a hospital.  She was visiting the woman at work one night and observed  instances of emergency care and something resonated within her.  She went to her Vory and EVO superiors and they agreed that this new aspect could be useful and had her begin the training necessary.  As in other things, she learned quickly, gaining knowledge in emergency first aid as well as some surgical techniques. 

In everything she did, her loyalty to the Vory has remained absolute and she was rewarded with the position of a ranking member.  This rare recognition comes with perks of its own, which include access to Vory contacts worldwide and the acknowledgment that she is a valued member of the family.  She bears tattooes that would identify this status to the international Vory family.

Her sister Olena had gone a different route.  She, too, had been trained to use her physical attributes for the Vory, but her loyalty strayed.  She began taking the odd client or two, then more.  Repeated warnings did little to bring her back into the fold and she was in danger of being punished severely.  Her father managed to pull some strings and hed her sent in exile to Seattle, UCAS, where she could start over.  After that, her father publicly had no dealings with his wayward daughter.  But Olena and Yelena kept in touch.  When Yelena shared Olena's letters, her fatehr always seemed angry and told her not to continue the correspondence, but that was always after the letter was finished and he seemed to forget the instructions by the time of the next letter.

Then Olena went silent.  She failed to keep the informal schedule she had with Yelena.  Casual questions to the Seattle bratva yielded no information other than that Olena had been working as an escort and prostitute and had been moving into a rougher crowd lately and then simply disappeared.  For those involved in any sort of organized crime, this usually meant that the girl was dead.  Still, she had been Vory and justice was demanded.  Normally, a male direct relative would be sent to seek justice, but Petr's health was not good at the time and the bratva bosses decided to send Yelena.

Yelena's status within the Vory has allowed her to make good contacts within the Seattle bratva and she has picked up leads that might indicate a wider conspiracy involving vanishing Elven girls.  Also, she has maintained a solid relationship with EVO and they put her in touch with their corporate "problem solver" in the Seattle branch.  She has settled into a high-end apartment with one of Olena's casual friends and has embraced the escort life in an attempt to trace her sister's journey.

As for personality, while normally outgoing and friendly, she can be whatever is required.

Attributes

Body  Agility  Reaction  Strength 
2  5  3(5)  1 
Charisma  Intuition  Logic  Willpower 
6  4  4  3 
Edge  Magic/Resonance  Essence  Initiative 
3  NA  4.55  7(9) 

Positive Qualities
Made Man

Negative Qualities
Lost Loved One
Mysterious Implant, Unknown
Mysterious Implant, Unknown
Poor Self Control - Impulsive (Gambling)
Records on File (EVO)
SINer

Active Skills
Electronics Skill Group3
Influence Skill Group2
Hacking4
Medicine4
First Aid5
Perception2
Dodge3
Pistols4
Pilot Ground Craft1

Knowledge Skills ( [Logic + Intuition] x 3 free points)
Criminal (Vory)5
Gambling2
Fashion2
Nightlife2
High Society2
Sex Techniques4

Language Skills
RussianN
English4
Sperethiel1
Japanese1
Cantonese1

Cyber/Bioware
CyberwareEssenceCostNotes
Implanted Commlink.22000¥Transys Avalon
Sim Module.22000¥
Hot Sim Module.25000¥
Datajack.1500¥
Smartlink.11000¥
Synaptic Booster (level 1).5 (BIO)80000¥+1 to Reaction and IP
Image Link.1500¥
Reaction Enhancer (level 1).310000¥+1 Reaction

Commlinks
Model/Operating SystemsCostAccessories
Transys Avalon/Novatech Navi 6600¥Skinlink Subdermal Mic
Renraku Sensi/Renraku Ichi 1600¥ none
Renraku Sensi/Renraku  Ichi 1600¥ none

Programs (35200¥)
Common (All Rating 4)
Analyze
Browse
Command
Edit
Encrypt
Purge
Reality Filter
Scan
Hacking (All Rating 4)
Armor
Attack
Decrypt
Exploit
Medic
Spoof
Stealth
Track

Gear
Medkit 6600¥
Medkit Supplies x 550¥
Armor Clothing  4/0500¥
Executive Suite Blouse/Skirt/Jacket 5/21700¥
Moonsilver Cocktail Dress 3/15000¥
Moonsilver Evening Gown 4/17500¥
Moonsilver Shawl +1/0500¥
Ares Predator IV w/ Internal Smartgun System350¥
Defiance Protector300¥
Custom Ceramic Light Pistol1500¥
Taser Darts x25125¥
Regular Ammunition x80150¥
Concealable Holster (Taser)75¥
Concealable Holster (Heavy Pistol)75¥
IDs and Licenses (All Rating 4) 8800¥
Fake SIN - Ophelia Martin w/ Fake License for Ares Predator IV
Fake SIN – Jane Smith w/ Fake License for Ares Predator IV

Contacts
Contact   Description   C/L
LuAnn (Pixie) Geller   Escort   3/3
Morris Baker   Gambler   3/1
Nickel   Hacker   1/2
Phil   Cab Driver   2/2
Robert Parsons   EVO Corporate Fixer    2/2
Sasha (Vlady) Kosigin   Pimp   3/2
Vory Group   Organized Crime Syndicate   8/4
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <12-29-14/2158:20>
Snow's 20 Questions

• We are shaped by our heritage. Facial features, skin tone, height,
build, metatype, even aptitudes are influenced by the genes
passed from parent to child. Attitude, too, is taught by parents,
informed by their own lives and their cultural heritage. Where
does your character come from, what is her lineage, who were
her parents, and what did she inherit from them?

 
Ophelia was born Yelena  Marinova Takinovsky.  She is/was the older of twin daughters of Marina and Yuri (Vashka) Takinovsky.  Her birth city is Vladivostok, Russia.  Even though Elven, her family was afforded an almost equal status in that city and she grew up steeped in the traditions of the Motherland.  She inherited her mother’s eyes and striking looks, and her father’s stubbornness.  She also inherited the desire for justice and vengeance.  Both parents are still living in Vladivostok but the fate of her sister, Olena, is in doubt and is why she is in Seattle.


• Parents can be proud of their children or regret ever bringing
them into the world. Some are loving, and some are indifferent.
All of them are only metahuman and have their own opinions
of their children. Assuming they could speak, what would each
of your character’s parents say about her?

 
Yelena grew up in a loving household, or as loving as a family deeply entrenched in the Vory, the Russian Mob, can be.  The Vladivostok  bratva was like an extended family to her and she grew up respecting the codes and being groomed for big things.  Her parents loved both daughters, but Olena broke the code and started seeing someone from outside of the bratva.  Olena was forced to watch her young man die and she was not the same afterwards, even though she toed the line.  She began arguing with the family and acting out.  Yuri finally had enough and had her sent to Seattle to get her out of Russia and give her a chance to have a life.  Her parents never talked about her after she left, but Yelena always knew they still loved her wayward sister.  Yelena was the darling daughter and her parents were never prouder when she was selected to attend medical school.


• Many people remember certain historical events for the rest of
their lives. For those alive in the first decade of the 21st century,
it could be the assassination of John F. Kennedy, or the
Tiananmen Square protests, or the fall of the Berlin Wall, or
the attacks of 11 September 2001. People remember where they
were, and what they were doing when they first heard of these
events. Shadowrun history has significant events as well, such as
the assassination of President Dunkelzahn, the Crash 2.0, and
the emergence of technomancers and artificial intelligences.
Pick a few events from recent Shadowrun history and ask where
the character was at the time, what does he remember about the
event, and what was he doing at the time?

 
I am a foreigner to these shores, but the so-called Seattle Mob Wars of 2058 resonated even to Russia.  When the mafia succession crisis erupted and drug the yakuza into it, the Vory was happy to see it.  The Seattle bratva was ordered to stay on the sidelines and try to pick up some of the pieces.  Sadly, the boss at that time was not smart enough or quick enough to do more than sit on his drekking butt.  The result was that the Vory did not get stronger and the boss of the bratva in Seattle was “replaced”.
Who was not affected by Crash 2.0?  The effect was felt everywhere, even by the megacorps.  EVO, already a patron of metahumanity, was far more able to react to the emergence, but still, the event shook the world.
 


• Very few people choose to become shadowrunners. More
likely, they are thrown into the life by a chaotic and uncaring
world. Even if she made a conscious decision to enter the
shadows, her decision is influenced by the world around her.
How did your character get into shadowrunning, and why did
she take that path?

Olena had always managed to keep in touch with Yelena.  Yuri was openly very angry about this, but only after Yelena shared the latest news.  Marina was the one who kept things together as a family and quietly encouraged Yelena to stay in touch with Olena.  Olena had taken to the Seattle life with a real intensity.  She was apparently living a classy life of men, fancy clubs, and money.  Every letter was full of the great things she was doing, and sometimes even named names of people she was hanging out with.  Then the letters stopped.  Just stopped.  No warnings, no indications of anything wrong, just nothing.  Yuri contacted some Vory people in Seattle and learned the truth.  His daughter had been lying all the time, well about most things.  She was indeed going to high-end clubs and spending lots of money, but that was because she was a hooker.  The local bratva said that there had been some troubles with one or more of her clients and she just disappeared.  That usually means that she was killed, but there was no body.  By tradition, it was up to the family to send someone to find out what happened and get justice and revenge.  Yelena was selected to go over.  She gave up her budding medical studies because this was about family and honor and Vory.  She travelled to Seattle and set herself up as Ophelia and began to live Olena’s life as a means to find out what happened to her.  She learned that she had to move in dark shadows and began to cultivate the contacts and experience that would help her.


• People have control over their own living arrangements. From
the child young enough to use crayons and tape all the way up
to the elderly shut-in who plasters her walls with family photos
and cat pictures, everyone makes their living spaces more personally
pleasing. What is your character’s living space like, and
what has he added or changed to make it his own?

I was fresh from Vladivostok and looking for a place to stay while I began my search for Olena.  I wandered through her life in Seattle and caught up with a pretty human by the name of LuAnn Gellar.  She used the name Pixie, and she knew Olena.  Olena had gone by the name of Valeen here.  Pixie had only known her briefly, as they were both in the same business of “escorting”.  She told me that Valeen had dropped out of touch a bit ago and that she was worried.  She turned me on to some contacts that she hoped were helpful.  She also mentioned that her roommate had just packed up and left and wanted to know if I needed a place.  She gave me directions to her apartment in Lower Queen Anne Hill and I went over to look at it.  It is a bit high-end, but the site is good.  I moved in and she made me feel right at home.  It is a large apartment with a great view.  It came furnished so I did not have to add any furniture, although I have added some personal knick knacks I have picked up.  One of the rules is that we do not bring our clients home, so this is our space.  It is strange having space that is not shared by family.


• Everyone has beliefs, and many have beliefs strong enough to
be convictions. Some are religious, some are political, some are
social, and some are just about why people are here. What does
your character believe in, what are her convictions (if any), and
why does she hold them?

Yelena believes in the brotherhood of the Vory and has made contact with the Seattle bratva.  The Vory is about family, but on a larger scale than just her parents and sister.  It is the entire extended family, to include many people not related to her by blood.  It is a different kind of blood and goes much deeper than what “normal” people call family.  She is apolitical and amoral.  Her life is the Vory and she will do what is necessary to bring justice for one of the family, because Olena is still family, even if she tried to deny that.  Yelena has beuty, brains, and talent and she will use all of it to bring justice to the Vory.


• Everyone has aspects of their personality that grate on someone.
Even the best of friends annoy one another from time to time.
The flaws in a person’s character are as important as the qualities.
What do you dislike most about your character’s personality?
 
Yelena hates that she is falling under the spell of the bright lights of Seattle.  She has taken up gambling as a means to pass her time as well as cultivate contacts.  When in a game, she thinks of little else and that disturbs her.  Although she can control the urges for now, it is becoming harder for her to resist the call of the game.  That can manifest itself in the way she talks to people when she is caught up in the moment.


• The Sixth World is considered by many to be spinning out of
control. If anyone could exert control over it, it would be the
“Big Ten” triple-A megacorps. These transnationals exert a lot of
influence on everyday life in the 2070s. Which of the Big Ten
does your character hold in the highest (or least low) regard,
which does he like the least, and why?

EVO Corporation is by far and away her favourite.  The corporation is Basically Russian, is metahuman friendly and actively supports its Elven community.  It is also linked to the Vory and that is a big plus.  EVO paid for a good bit of her training, shelling out nuyen like water to support her early training as a hacker and then continuing with her medical education.  She has respect for EVO.  And respect is hard to come by.


• People make acquaintances and friends; we’re hardwired for it.
Humans are social animals. This is especially true in the shadows,
where often it is not the power you have, but the power you
can borrow, and not who you, are but who you know. There’s a
story behind each and every one of these relationships. What is
the story with your character and her contacts?

Contacts?  Hmmm.  Yes I have made a few.  Most are just nobodies or johns.  I need the johns to make money and I find the sex to be both relaxing and stimulating, depending on the john.  This was Olena’s world and someone here knows about her.  I will sleep with everyone in the sprawl to find out the truth if I have to.

LuAnn Geller, known as Pixie, is a professional high-end escort.  She knows Olena slightly, having met her a couple of times at parties. She has little information about Olena's disappearance, but has been able to give leads on various pimps and arrangers.  Her former roommate had just moved out and she was looking for a replacement.

Morris Baker is a leech on what remains of society.  He is a professional gambler, but has a steady position as a shill for various casinos and betting parlors.  He will lure people in with rigged wins then watch as they get sucked into a continuing downward spiral of debt to hard men.  Snow is one of those who is now addicted to gambling.  She realizes that she has a problem,, but gambling is compulsive.

Nickel is a small time hacker that is Snow's contact to the greater hacking underground.  His contact is suspicious of him because his motives are suspect, but he is, in turn, able to reach out to a greater number of hackers and suppliers.

Phil was driving the cab that Snow took when she landed in Seattle.  He recognized a mark when he saw her and offered to give her guided tours of the city.  Since Snow does not own a car or cycle, she frequently uses Phil and his cab to get around.  Over time, they have reached a common appreciation of each other.

EVO provided Snow with Robert Parson's name when she left Vladivostok for Seattle.  He is the corporate "problem Solver" in the Seattle sorporate office.  He is a former UCAS Special Forces officer who went freelance after leaving that force.  He has a good skill set for dark operations and has proven to be a relaible contact for those special and hard to get items such as Snow's disguised gun.

Sasha was once an EVO Corporate Hostess, but has left the trade for the private sector.  Snow has worked for the corporation long enough to suspect that Vlady is still on the corporate payroll.  Vlady helps line up high-end clients for Snow.  She also had minimal information about Olena, but has feelers out into the shadier side of the business in the hope of uncovering more for Snow.

An entirely new world opened up for Snow when she was promoted to her present status in the Vory.  Suddenly, she had access to material and contacts worldwide.  These include, but are certainly not limited to, the boss of the Seattle bratva and all of his advisors, soldiers, cops and politicians on the take, and other paid links to the Seattle sprawl.


• It’s Sunday morning, and your character has no commitments
until tomorrow afternoon. What does she do for the day?

Ophelia would roll out of the fancy hotel bed and look at the clock.  She will look over at the handsome human on the other side of the bed while she runs a hand through her hair and stretches.  The money had been good and the tip even better.  The man had actually been a pleasure to be with.  He had taken her to dinner and a play before returning to his hotel room for the obligatory sex.  Ophelia would tell herself that even that had been better than average.  As she swung out of bed and made her way to the toilet and shower, she switched on her comm link to see what was on her schedule for the day.  So far absolutely nothing.  She could relax and maybe enjoy the man in the bed a bit more.  He seemed nice enough and certainly was a good tipper.  It was too bad that he had to return to his strung out wife and antsy kids, but that was life in the sprawl.  Another day and another john.  She sent a quick message out to Vlad, <<Hey, good looking.  Nice contact yesterday.  I owe you one.  Feel free to send more like him my way.  Your cut is already deposited.  Ta.>>
 
Without much of a plan, she would go work out at the gym for a bit before going on a run.  She mentally grimaced at the thought of how much it would take to exercise off the food she ate last night.  She was thinking of going to the club in the evening to meet Stokesr.  He had messaged her last night that he had a game on that she just could not miss.  She angrily shrugged, this absorption with gambling was a weakness.  It had started as a way to get in tight with people who had known Olena.  No she had to remember that the name here had been Valeen.  It had worked, only it had also got into her blood and she was having a hard time shaking it.  So, yes, she would try to make it to the club for the sure thing game.
 
She turns on the shower and turns off the link.  She just wants to soak away her anger at herself and enjoy the nearly unlimited hot water that came with the expensive hotel room.  She smiles as she considers that the man still in the bed might be worth another tumble this morning and she would certainly get his contact links.

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <12-29-14/2200:16>
20 Questions Continued

• Your character has a specific skill set, a list of Active and
Knowledge skills that define what she knows and her areas of
expertise. How did she come to learn those skills, and how did
she develop them to those levels?

Yelena had always been a bright girl and the bratva had caught on quickly that a smart and beautiful girl was an asset worth investing in.  She had an aptitude for computers and quickly grew to be able to work on them as well as use them.  She was encouraged to learn skills that would allow her to hack into parts of the matrix that others thought to be secure.  Vory contacts inside EVO Corporation took her in and trained her to be even better. 
 
She was always very personable and quickly learned that many men will do a lot for a pretty face and a willing body.  The leap to women took a bit longer, but when she finally took the step she realized that women could be easier to manipulate in some areas.  She is completely bi-sexual but treats sex more as a tool than anything else.  It was nothing for the bratva or EVO suits to assign her to seduce someone for the secrets they might have.
 
She was even trained in some medical skills, compliments of EVO and the Vory, but that study was cut short when she was sent to Seattle.
 
She is steeped in the customs of Russia and the Vory.  She quickly learned the ropes with the Seattle bratva and how the whole “escort” business operates.  Olena (Valeen), had made poor choices in that area and had fallen into the clutches of a nasty pimp.  This was an error that Ophelia would not make.  As a side note, the pimp had been the best lead, but had proven to know nothing of what had happened to Valeen.  He seemed to be have questions about that as well, although his were oriented on how much she had cost him in revenue.


• Everyone has their limits. People can be dark, but most people’s
instinct is to draw the line at certain actions and thoughts, and
they keep to their own moral convictions. Is there a moral limit
that your character enforces on the jobs she takes, and in what
shadow work would she refuse to engage?

The Vory does not take lives without reason.  That is for the tongs and the yakuza and the mafia.  Any life is a possible source of information and/or income and is not to be wasted “just because”.  She would probably participate in almost anything that got her closer to her goal, but would draw the line at killing just because, especially children. 


• If you have an Awakened or technomancer character, consider
your character’s tradition and streams. Even within the major
established magical traditions and the recently emerged technomantic
streams, there is room for personalization. Ask yourself
what drew her to that particular paradigm, how does it effect
the way she views the world and her magic, how does it translate
into choice of mentor spirit or paragon, and how does it affect
the appearance of the spirits or sprites you conjure or compile?

Not Applicable


• While acceptance and bias vary from place to place, augmentations—
be they bio-, cyber-, gene-, or nanoware—are increasingly
common and available in the Sixth World. However, personal
technological enhancement is rarely cheap, and many implants
that runners possess are restricted. How did your character
come to have the enhancements she has, how were they paid for,
and what motivated the choices she made (if she did make
the choices)?

Sure I have an augment, who doesn’t?  Mine is a sweet comm link and was paid for by the Vory and EVO.  I was a rising star in their hacker training program, still could be, I suppose.  Those skills and my looks provided EVO and the bratva with lots of information.  Lots of top of the line software and a high end system and it is all buried in my skull.  I suspect that there is some secret mod that is designed to keep me in line or punish me, but I have never given either EVO or the Vory reason to do so and do not plan on it.  I volunteered for the implant rather than just the pocket one because it made me feel more versatile.  And there is no chance to lose it.

The combat mods came later, when I decided that I might need an edge in the big city. 


• Life as a shadowrunner is by definition outside the bounds of
“normal” life. Shadowrunners do not truly fit into the lives of
ordinary people, whether they live in slums or mansions. What
does your character think of ordinary life, mainstream culture,
and those who abide by it?

Ordinary life and mainstream culture are for chumps.  The Vory is what matters.  The Seattle bratva is a link back to home and is part of the Vory, but it is not her family.  She respects them and uses them, just as she is sometimes used by them.  After all, she needs things and they need things and sometimes one has to do favors to get favors.  But the entire Seattle sprawl life is not home.  It is not Russia, and it is not Vory.  Ophelia will use the culture here and find its weaknesses and use them to get her justice.


• Everyone has nightmares. Sometimes, we forget the dream
completely on waking. Sometimes, the nightmare haunts us or
even recurs. If your character had a lingering nightmare or a
deep-rooted fear, what would it be, and why does he find it so
terrifying?

Dreams?  Dreams are for chumps, too.  If she has a fear it is that she will eventually lose her way and fall victim to the gambling monster that is consuming part of her life and distracting her from completing her mission.   Also, while she enjoys sex with the men and women who pay her for it, she can see that this sort of lifestyle can be addicting as well.  Either of these could make her fail the Vory and that is the nightmare that cannot be driven away by the daylight.


• People tend to attach sentimental value to items in their possession
or people they are close to. They make an effort to
keep these close by and safe. What is your character’s “sacred
object” or “close one,” and how did they come to be so important
to him?

Yelena was given an amulet on a chain when she was twelve.  The bratva boss himself had given it to her and told her that she would have a future with the family.  Her parents had been so proud of her and she had been proud of herself.  She has kept that medallion and it is the only thing that she never takes off; not for sex, not for swimming, not for showers, not for anything.  A close second in the photo Yelena brought with her from Vladivostok.  It shows her and Olena in happier times.  She does not need it as a reminder of her mission, but it helps her to talk to her sister.


• One of metahumanity’s greatest assets is its ability to look toward
the future and imagine a better life. Even small children
have dreams about what they want to be when they grow up.
What did your character want to become when he was a child,
and what are his goals now?

Goals?  You ask about goals?  Living as the Vory commands is the goal.  But alright, if there is anything beyond getting justice it is this.  The Seattle bratva is not as well developed as the one in Vladivostok.  They seem to be mostly information brokers. While that is important, it leaves so much more for the yakuza, tongs, and mafia to control.  If she was given the chance, she would take over the local bratva and turn it into a true organization to be respected among its kind.  She might have to arrange for some muscle to be shipped to her, but first she has to prove herself to her own boss.


• A person’s appearance can say volumes about him. From fashion
sense, to the colors he prefers, to the way he walks and speaks.
Sometimes, his personality determines his appearance, and,
sometimes, the appearance he chooses to present the world effects
his personality. What does your character look like, and
what inspired his choices?

Ooooh.  You would need to know that, wouldn’t you.  She stands only about 5’6” tall and could weigh maybe 115# if she were soaking wet.  Her hair is a silver the hue of a shiny coin, or what used to pass for coins.  It hangs is a long braid down below her very attractive butt.  She has violet eyes and the natural figure that many simsense starlets would kill for.  She prefers to wear fashionable, high end clothing when working the clubs and escorting men and women about the nicer parts of the city, but she also has her less-than-chic clothes for clients that want to visit places where the cocktail dress is completely inappropriate.  She also has drekk clothes for the times she has to scrabble in the shadows.  Her preference is greens if possible, as that color seems to enhance her hair and eyes the best.


• Everyone has a name, but a runner’s street name is a representation
of his connection to the shadows. Sometimes runners
choose their own moniker, but more often it is given to them as
a nickname or earned through some (mis)adventure. How did
your character come to be known by his street name?

Ophelia was a moniker applied to her by her first john in Seattle.  He was absolutely entranced by her and wanted to leave his wife and live with her.  THAT would have been a disaster, but she talked him out of it.  She liked the name and kept it and fondly remembers him, even if the sex was only barely memorable.

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <12-29-14/2231:05>
Okay, that's done.  Moving you guys to the studio with the next post, stay tuned and if I don't post before then, Happy New Year!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <01-06-15/0250:31>
Sorry guys, I'm KO in bed with the flu. I will post later when I get better.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <01-06-15/0306:54>
Get well soon, Hydro.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <01-07-15/0657:50>
Hey guys, I'm back.  Normally I should have been back on the 4th, but my flight from Male to Abu Dhabi got cancelled and I was stuck there for two days, followed by 36 hours of madness to get back home, all the time without internet to tell you I would be gone a bit longer.  But now I'm back and I'll be catching up in the coming day(s).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <01-07-15/0723:43>
Thanks, feeling much better now, I'll be reading everything once again with a clear mind and posting something soon.

Edit: Clem will have Stick-n-Shock ammo in her handgun and normal ammo in her submachine gun.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <01-08-15/0722:28>
Okay, so basically the security situation inside of a studio building proper is a nightmare.  You have this huge open building with a few smaller structures inside (like your storage area)  which are usually away from walls, but not very far (10 to 20 feet).  The lighting is intentionally poor so that you don't have an ambient light creeping into the sound stage area.  Because the building is so big there are a dozen points of entry on the ground floor, almost none of which are monitored by personnel, though most are kept locked.

Perimeter security is where most of the emphasis is made.  That guard that checked your ID at the gate?  He is an important piece of the puzzle.  The fence around the area is well monitored.

This is not to say that security is lax, far from it.  The procedure seems to be one where penetration is no problem, but once inside, response to unauthorized activity falls like a hammer.  IDs are constantly being monitored and interrogated.  If you don't look like you know what you are doing or where you are going, someone will talk to you and you better have an good answer or you will be escorted out.  All of the important people have personal security, and they are the obvious and scary kind, not the subtle ones.

Basically this means you have to be ready to bunker up and defend this room if you are called on to do your jobs, but otherwise you are probably just here for show, so looking scary is not a bad thing.


Mercy, these are the stats on the rooms node.  The signal damping is on the walls of the room, NOT the outer building, so stepping outside the physical room is all that is required to restore normal comms.

Storage Room 8A Node
Sculpting: One blank white room with controls to
a heater/AC/humidifier system
Authentication: Web of Trust
Privileges: Standard
Attributes: Firewall 3, Response 2, Signal 1, System 3
Spiders: None
IC: None
Resident Programs: Analyze 2
ARC : None
Topology: Stand-alone node
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <01-08-15/0822:55>
I just made something up on astral security, based on what I though was logical.  If it isn't, let me know as Sammy will know what astral stuff there is in a studio having worked there for a couple of years.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <01-08-15/0830:38>
The only thing I would say that would be different is that it is mostly 1 or 2 mages working overall security for a whole company.  The day to day stuff is done by watcher or ward, you probably were body protection for some higher up based on your skillset.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <01-09-15/0847:50>
Okay, so as I have made painfully aware, at least for her, the group, OOC, should know by now that Snow is less a full blown Hacker and more of a Power User + with some really nice tech and GREAT line of bull.  ;)

Scanning for hidden nodes, like encrypting data (or conversations), is just not something she has had to do a lot of yet.  In game terms, she hasn't learned enough about Electronic Warfare to qualify for a skill point yet.  That said, she is not useless in this regard, like I said, her tech is REALLY good.

Putting the deck on autopilot for detecting the spydrones is a sure bet for her inside the environment of the storage room and she is smart enough to know that, it is just incredibly slow for matrix activity,

Depending on how you, the other players, want to allow your characters to respond to that, if you want them to notice, is up to you.  Though I will say that none of you have done much to show your characters to be matrix savvy.  Just the opposite IMHO :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <01-09-15/1015:59>
Well, Sam doesn't do tech (due to his qualities), so he probably doesn't have a great sense for how long it takes to do these kinds of things. And, of course, the five-minute scan is going on while he's walking around the room counting drones, so he isn't in a good position to notice anyhow.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <01-09-15/1228:47>
Sammy knows enough about it to know to have a good firewall and to have your analyse running at all times.  She knows a lot about the P2 thing, as she has used it before, but real hacking, no, it's not her thing.  But as I'm doing astral stuff at the same time, which also takes some time, I can spent those whole five minutes doing that.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <01-09-15/1426:21>
If it doesn't go bang, boom, or bam, O'Connor isn't an expert.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <01-09-15/1923:35>
Clem is actually incompetent at hacking stuff, so I tread her as pretty much clueless about the Matrix.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <01-11-15/0058:09>
Time stamp of the inaugural post (http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=9781.0) of the first New Beginnings game: January 19, 2013, 08:42:53 PM

Happy (almost) two year anniversary guys.  ;D

It still blows me away that we're still here doing this when most PbP games last three months, at best, before dying. Though, we've lost several players along the way. Then again, the reason this is probably still going is because Crossbow made the (in hindsight, not dumb) decision of taking on such a massive group.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <01-11-15/0317:31>
Thanks for thinking I make not dumb decisions.  :)

I really appreciate the pat on the back, but it has as much to do witth you guys hanging tough with me and keeping with it, as well as being a lot of fun to play with.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <01-11-15/0502:05>
Wow, 2 years already, I honestly never thought it would go this long, but I am glad it did and continues to do. Thanks everyone for sticking together!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <01-11-15/0536:23>
indeed.  I've started a whole bunch of PbPs at around the same time and this is the only one still going.  Let us all work together to keep it that way.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <01-12-15/1739:34>
Can I go back and edit a post saying O'Connor's recording the tech's reaction with his commlink to post it on Pito later?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <01-13-15/0441:56>
with invisible castle down, maybe we should do the switch to another one for now.  Any ideas?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <01-13-15/0717:01>
Invisible Castle is pretty much the only one I ever used, but I'm open to anything that is free and reliable :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <01-13-15/0718:11>
Sammy rolled her eyes as Snow put the moves on the techie, but then she turned to her own search in this Liam Starcross.  She had heard the name before, but there were so many names in LA, many quickly forgotten.

[spoiler]
same for me.  Invisible castle still down, but trying to remember the name.  If it's celebrity gossip, horizon media or magic trids, my dice pool is 6 for all.  GM can roll.
[/spoiler]

How quickly they forget.  Liam Starcross is the sig other of the diner owner from Yakima. The fact that he can keep such a good Pito rating living in the sticks like he does is quite remarkable though.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <01-13-15/0721:04>
I have a light day today, I will look into a few.  We can work off the honor system for now.  BTW, if folks haven't noted it yet, yes Karma has refreshed since the needle fight, or did I already say that at some point. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <01-13-15/0829:30>
Karma? Did we earn some, or did you mean edge?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <01-13-15/1055:50>
yes i meant edge
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <01-13-15/1552:13>
Can I go back and edit a post saying O'Connor's recording the tech's reaction with his commlink to post it on Pito later?

You can, but I thought the idea was you were going to change your look a bit before you start posting anything. 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <01-13-15/1602:13>
Can I go back and edit a post saying O'Connor's recording the tech's reaction with his commlink to post it on Pito later?

You can, but I thought the idea was you were going to change your look a bit before you start posting anything.

The video would show Crenshaw only, whom O'Connor is sure is far too cowed to connect the video to him if he even cared too. He'd also have Snow alter his voice before posting.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <01-13-15/2132:55>
@Mercy Merchant: Snow and O'Connor should work on a flirty cop/psycho cop routine.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-13-15/2213:34>
Keep 'em guessing and off kilter.  Am I the psycho cop?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <01-13-15/2214:36>
Yes...yes you are.  ::)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <01-14-15/0155:12>
Can I go back and edit a post saying O'Connor's recording the tech's reaction with his commlink to post it on Pito later?
You can, but I thought the idea was you were going to change your look a bit before you start posting anything.
The video would show Crenshaw only, whom O'Connor is sure is far too cowed to connect the video to him if he even cared too. He'd also have Snow alter his voice before posting.
Edited this post. (http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=16293.msg343250#msg343250)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-16-15/0202:30>
Is the invite for everyone or just Sam, and is it for tonight or tomorrow night?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <01-16-15/0802:28>
The invite is for the bearer and his/her party, and it is for this evening.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <01-16-15/0826:55>
A little background on the The End of the World, since Sammy is familiar with it and you guys know to do your homework:

The End of the World is not new, but it recently became more prominent. After the Twins struck, part of the hillside near it dropped twenty meters, leaving a narrow peninsula above the devastation. The End of the World was the only building there left standing.

The new cliff face has since been reinforced and The End of the World was repaired, but they kept the images of how the club looked after the quakes as a reminder in the AR imagery.  The idea of the club is for the hottest of hot to get away from all the paparazzi and be able to meet socially with their equals. There are rooms of various sizes within the club with open hallways and partial dividers. These rooms are comfortable places for casual socializing. There are two other rooms with closable doors, which can be used for private conversation and/or business deals.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-16-15/1009:41>
Oooooo.  Sounds swanky.  I'll have a chance to wear the Moonsilver evening dress and shawl I brought down.  LOL
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <01-16-15/1011:41>
I have the same type of outfit ready to go.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-16-15/1021:16>
We will look so great together.  The men had better watch out for the killer sirens. 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-16-15/1024:00>
But I do have an option of clubbing with the techies.  That could yield us some good tech information and contacts.  I could go there instead.  Depends on what the group wants, but it could be a link to better software.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <01-17-15/0050:39>
I'll wait until Torley tells the team what Fermin said to him before acting on what Ophelia just said :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <01-17-15/0729:36>
But I do have an option of clubbing with the techies.  That could yield us some good tech information and contacts.  I could go there instead.  Depends on what the group wants, but it could be a link to better software.

Ask the techies if you could go a day later, as you have already previous commitments.  I'm sure you can pull that off. ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-17-15/1056:10>
I did tell Crenshaw that it might go that way, yes.  I just wanted to wait to see if the rest of you thought I should go to which event.  At this point Snow does not actually know what Richard told Sam. 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <01-17-15/2134:53>
It would be better for the team if you went and branched out, possibly getting some upgrades to your programs. Obviously my view does not mirror Clem's ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-18-15/0307:45>
I am actually very torn on the issue myself.  I can see the logic in what Clem says, but I also see that the client may appreciate that we are trying to improve our position.  He does not necessarily know that Snow bungled on the plane.  On the other hand. Snow is rueing that she will miss an opportunity to rub shoulders with the powerful in LA.  The final decision is the groups, but she would vote for going to see the techies.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <01-18-15/0349:51>
I, the player, would vote the same. Better for us that way, we can cover the night out and possibly get stronger on the Matrix at the same time. My character does not think that way though.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-18-15/0857:56>
In the meantime, Snow will have to keep proving herself.  The plane debacle will haunt her for a long time.  That is what is driving her to this date.  She feels that her honor was damaged and to her there is nothing more important than honor and loyalty.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <01-18-15/1401:20>
There is zero reason to keep the team attached at the hip. This isn't D&D, where splitting the party can screw you. This is Shadowrun, we're screwed no matter what.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-18-15/1431:13>
LOL  I agree to that.  but at this point Snow is feeling like she let the team down and should do what she can do fix that.  But Clem is the boss.  She will do what Clem wants.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <01-18-15/1434:34>
Clem's the tactical leader, not team boss. Outside of combat, she doesn't have final say.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <01-18-15/1816:27>
Exactly, Clem is only leading during fights, not for team decisions.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-18-15/1824:06>
OK.  So I have a couple of people saying go with techs and others saying go to party.  I think I owe it to the team to try to upgrade my systems.  I just don't want bad feelings.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <01-18-15/2124:34>
Like I said, I think Snow should go with the techs personally, but Clem will think Snow is making the wrong decision. This is one of those situations where the player and the character think differently. Clem is half Japanese and was brought up with the mentality that the boss/client is always right, and socializing after working hours is part of the job. In Japanese culture, going out after work is oftentimes the only way for the client to open up about concerns/issues they might have, since the pressures of having good business relations is not present at the bar.

So, all that to say Clem will think Snow is failing her duties to the client, but HydroRaven thinks this is the right thing to do for the team :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-18-15/2142:35>
I appreciate the conflict.  Snow has internal issues with this as well.  She was also brought up in the atmosphere of entertaining at the end of the day.  She has spent a lot of time as a hostess girl with EVO Corp and knows what you are saying.  She has "entertained" many Japanese clients in her time there, which is how she knows some Japanese and is familiar with the culture aspect.

However, she is also Vory and her honor demands that she take steps to not embarrass her or her team like she did on the plane.  And the Vory aspect will win out unless all the others think that this is the wrong way to go.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <01-19-15/1122:50>
There is zero reason to keep the team attached at the hip. This isn't D&D, where splitting the party can screw you. This is Shadowrun, we're screwed no matter what.

It truly hurts my heart that you don't think I have your team's best interests in mind *moving to cover the stats for Great Dracoforms in my GM's area*

After the others go eat, Snow sits down against the wall and watches Clem.  After a couple of minutes she says, "Hey, Boss.  Is there something besides my screw up this morning on the plane that is eating you about me?  If so, I would like to clear the air so that I can work on it."[/color]

ooooo!  Mob War in New Beginnings, didn't think it was going to take long.  ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <01-19-15/2019:22>
Okay, quick check:

"First and foremost, your timing" says Clem after a short period of reflection. The ork was not comfortable at all talking in the middle of the job like this, on location, especially with the P2 feature recording and broadcasting everything.

This is Clem mistaking what Pito is doing, not Hydroraven not knowing, correct?  If so, good role-playing!  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <01-19-15/2247:07>
Yes, this is Clem not understanding P2 so well ;) The way Sammy explained it to her, with people putting on masks/nano paste, she believes she is always in front of a live camera.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-20-15/0042:55>
Mob war?  Perhaps.  Snow remembers Clem from the party and recalls that she was working the Yakuza side and she is pretty sure that Clem also recalls the night and that Snow was a Vory "hostess".  Yeah, some possible bad blood there.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <01-20-15/0240:00>
Anyone who makes a search for the Data Haven will find out it is a niche club catering to the tech set.  The meat world portion is pretty standard except for some extra comfortable seating for those going full VR, but they do a really good sculpted AR overlay and experience.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-20-15/0249:21>
LOL.  I put that very question in the IC post before reading this.  Good timing.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <01-20-15/0428:36>
I've just seen that invisible castle is back online, so we can go back to rolling our own dice.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <01-20-15/0438:46>
That's good news!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-20-15/0938:13>
I have to admit that my time sense is off.  I had thought that we had been at the studio most of the day and it was already quitting time, not lunch time.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <01-21-15/0829:16>
You actually reached the studio about 11 am after your early morning flight.  The Lunch break is a late one, more like 3ish.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <01-21-15/0905:28>
Okay, so this is the point where you are going to able to adjust your look.  Remember, over the top is a baseline here, and the real key is that you want to be different enough that any getting you on a me-feed here will not be able to connect you to your Seattle identity.

I will need you each  to describe  what you are having done.  The makeup artist will be able to show you how to recreate the look on your own, and has the skill to accomplish most ideas well enough.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <01-21-15/1337:16>
I have 6 dice on my disguise check (I took that skill to be able to use nanopaste disguises), so I should be able to help others in case it's needed.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <01-21-15/2017:52>
Hrm...how does this whole "needs makeup" thing work with Sam's Blandness quality? Does he need a new look, or is the fact that people have a hard time remembering what he looks like anyhow sufficient?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <01-21-15/2024:45>

Sam couldn't resist himself from trying to make Con's evening a little more interesting.


It won't, but Torley's gotta know how very poorly that could play out. Is he not thinking, or is he setting Crenshaw up?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <01-21-15/2030:32>
It won't, but Torley's gotta know how very poorly that could play out. Is he not thinking, or is he setting Crenshaw up?

He's thinking...but mostly it's about how amusing it'd be for some guy to make a pass at Con. He hasn't really considered the fact that Con would probably react violently; being naturally socially capable, he tends to assume that others (even despite all his previous experience with Con) have at least the basic grasp of social graces.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <01-22-15/0626:11>
If anyone's wondering, this is the look I had in mind:

(http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa160/Sakuramachi/ganguro-girl-phone.jpg)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <01-22-15/0742:47>
Oh god, my eyes. What am I looking at?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <01-22-15/0913:17>
Do you happen to have some mind bleech please.

Unfortunately in LA, you wouldn't even be in the top 100 of weirdest looks.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <01-22-15/1008:15>
You rarely see them anymore, as the look is out of fashion now, but back in the day most of them were pretty approachable and were always willing to pose for a picture.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <01-22-15/1302:25>
OMG, that is a look. :o 8)

Thvor, the blandness quality is a social situation thing, it wouldn't keep you from being recorded, though it might keep you from ever being the center of a shot.  You should consider some kind of change for Torley's look, though you can keep it subdued and still different.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <01-22-15/1511:59>
If I recall correctly, blandness makes you difficult to describe by people.  What they describe can match about 50% of the male population.  But I don't think it will defeat facial recognition software.  I'm not sure what adept powers you have, but some can help you alter your look without having to resort to make-up and such.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <01-22-15/1557:48>
Ok, added my look to this post (http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=16293.msg346300#msg346300). Not as flashy as some of the rest of you, but that's more in keeping with Sam.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-23-15/0212:36>
I found a picture that could be Snow.  How do I get it to copy here?  I can copy the pic but it will not paste here.  Any ideas?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <01-23-15/0217:05>
Take the address of the picture and just put it in between [IMG ] and [/IMG ] without the spaces.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-23-15/0238:47>
Here is a shot of Snow.  Just imagine the glitterskin.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <01-23-15/0421:35>
I'm not sure if that is a man or a woman, but I get the picture now ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-23-15/0935:41>
I guess the face could be either. We can just assume that the rest of the body makes certain that this is a woman's face.  But it does sort of get the picture across of the pale glitterskin and bone white hair,
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <01-23-15/0940:00>
That was about what I was picturing when I suggested it.  I figured high end you would look like the White Queen from Lion Witch and Wardrobe.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-23-15/0943:35>
Ohh, yes, an even better visual picture.  I wonder if I can find one.

Just looked on line.  They kept her hair brown, so that is not a good example.  Bummer.  So I may have a good picture and we will just have to agree that it is a woman.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <01-23-15/0947:33>
Crossbow, when you say up to ¥1,000, you mean that's the "availability" I presume? Or do you mean Clem only has ¥1,000 on her?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <01-23-15/0952:21>
Yes, you won't find any of the name stuff from the books, but you can figure out how nice the looks are based on how much you spend.  Armored would just be the base price in the books, 500.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <01-23-15/1014:12>
She'll just go with the ¥1,000 then and put her form-fitting armour underneath it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <01-23-15/1241:01>
So, since our Johnson hasn't made an appearance yet, Sam's going to be looking for people who are slightly higher than our group on the social scale, but who appear to be on their way up--those who are getting more attention/respect from their peers than one would expect based on their pito rankings, especially. Basically, he's hoping to find some nice coattails to ride. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <01-24-15/0657:10>
this is Sammy's dress she's wearing at the club.  Together with the scarf and handbag it's an 8000+ nuyen ensemble.

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <01-24-15/0706:48>
That is a nice dress, but it kind of reminds me of Mystique from the X-Men movies ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-24-15/0814:07>
It is a gorgeous dress.  Snow has one quite similar, but  in a silver color.  It would be a good accent to her new look.  She may be able to wear it some time.  She has a cocktail dress from the same label as well.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <01-26-15/0854:22>
I am really sorry guys, I was waiting for a reply from everyone, and I just rechecked everything and realized I never posted the club description I wrote for Necro and Mercy.  Fixing that now.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-26-15/0923:33>
Thank you.  I have posted.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-27-15/0559:48>
Perhaps Con could sit back and relax into full VR.  He might meet all sorts of "hot chicks" there.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <01-27-15/0638:51>
And find out the hot chick was in fact a 500 pound Troll with a Prince Albert?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <01-27-15/0648:06>
Glacinda the Troll (for those who watch Big Bang Theory) ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-27-15/0704:05>
But the full VR experience would be just as real as if you were there in the flesh, without the inherent problems involved in face to face.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <01-27-15/0927:57>
You know, the same argument can be made about a post-op ;) Not that I have anything against that, but it's just not for me.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <01-28-15/1459:04>
Why do I get the feeling that O'Connor's going to wake up missing a kidney?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-28-15/1521:31>
Or it could just maybe be one of the best times he has ever had and he might change his mind about nerds.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <01-28-15/1728:33>
Why do I get the feeling that O'Connor's going to wake up missing a kidney?

The question is, instead of losing something, if you wake up in cuffs and go home with an incurable souvenier and some unsharable memories will it have been worth it?   ;) ;D ???
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <01-28-15/1810:38>
HMHVV can do that to a person.,.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <01-29-15/1623:17>
Okay, I need everyone to pump the brakes a bit, even if you guys had a tacnet, which you don't yet, there is WAY too much chatter going on.  Considering that the feeds were ALREADY put on a delay, and considering O'Connor's speed, whatever is about to happen in the alley will probably be over before Snow can even break away from her party. Let alone all of this commentary and discussion being completed.

I am sorry I haven't been on top of things here, but I just had a tooth extracted that has been messing me up all week, so hopefully that is behind us.




Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <01-29-15/1711:18>
Initiative
Reaction 8 + Intuition 3 = Pool 11
11d6.hits(5)=5 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4763151/)
Total: 16
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <01-29-15/1736:20>
Hope you feel better, Crossbow!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <01-29-15/1743:27>
Do you want us to remove posts then?
If the delay is on, we don't know yet, so we can't comment.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <01-29-15/1754:11>
No need to remove the posts, just don't add anymore.

O'Connor is up first, what is your action, and because it is relevant at this point, what is your movement mode?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <01-29-15/1816:45>
No need to remove the posts, just don't add anymore.

O'Connor is up first, what is your action, and because it is relevant at this point, what is your movement mode?

Running, and what are the dimensions of the alleyway?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <01-29-15/1933:49>
about 4 meters across, 15 deep to a T that runs the length of the block
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <01-29-15/1954:37>
Running movement rate 25 m/turn or 6 m/IP. So I'm be in melee range by IP 3, if the guy doesn't book it again.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <01-29-15/2009:53>
It doesn't work that way, you are both running as your mode, so you are both covering that 25 meters at the same rate.  You can use your extra passes to take sprinting actions and cut his lead, or you can pick something up on the run and chuck it at him, but your extra passes by themselves won't help you catch him.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <01-29-15/2021:17>
Running Tests
Running 2 + Strength 3 = Pool 5

5d6.hits(5)=3,
5d6.hits(5)=1,
5d6.hits(5)=2
5d6.hits(5)=1
 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4763343/)

Total Hits for Combat Turn: 7
+14 meters to Running Rate
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <01-30-15/0553:56>
Yeah, I figured it wasn't going to take long.  He didn't sprint for his action, so you have covered the gap.  Roll a new initiative. He is only a meter away. 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <01-30-15/0631:44>
Initiative
Reaction 8 + Intuition 3 = Pool 11
11d6.hits(5)=1 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4763608/)
Total: 12
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <01-30-15/1001:19>
Go ahead with O'Connor's first pass.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <01-30-15/1008:16>
Do I have to make another run to bridge the gap, or did he stop to shoot?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <01-30-15/1022:47>
He is stopping to shoot.

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <01-30-15/2339:42>
Yeah, this will definitely be over well before any of the other characters see the feed :(
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <01-30-15/2352:48>
Yeah you guys are probably just getting the first inkling something happened.  That is why I needed to shut it down :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <02-02-15/0909:59>
Just waiting on Thvor to give Torley's response and negotiations then I can give you the job details and figure out whether you guys are going to ruin Con and Snow's plans for the evening.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <02-02-15/0932:04>
Sorry, weekends are really busy for me right now (three kids, all with activities... :o). So I've been keeping up with the game, but haven't had time to post. Will get something up this morning. If anyone has any OOC comments about the job, you've almost missed your chance to speak up. :D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-02-15/0935:25>
The job sounds OK.  Could you schedule an assembly for a bit after breakfast?  I would hate to disappoint my escort for the evening as that would be bad manners.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <02-02-15/0939:33>
Hahaha, Clem will be more than glad to pull the plug on Snow's night out :p

And by the way, I have 2 myself Thvor and I don't know how you can keep up :/
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-02-15/0958:14>
Snow does not really need the experience in this guy's bed.  However, it does make business sense to keep the IT guy happy as he would be far more willing to be nice and act as a tech contact if he is, and there could be repercussions if she ditches him.  But it is a group decision, not hers alone.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <02-02-15/1303:04>
If there is a group involved in this guy's chances to get laid, that is a whole nother conversation. ;)

I understand Thvor, my two keep me busy as well. 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <02-03-15/0041:00>
Yeah, O'Connor's not going to be so accommodating about being cockblocked.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <02-04-15/1337:29>
Ok, I'm kind of torn on Sam's next move. As a player, I want to take the job so the story can move along.

As a character, Sam wants to tell this guy to shove it; he's got no real connection to Pandora or LA, so the threat of losing the "gravy train" doesn't really scare him. He's fine with the negotiated money, but really doesn't like the idea of taking a job with no down payment, since that just introduces the possibility of getting screwed on the payment later on. If Guiles insists on their taking the job on spec, Sam's likely to just wish him good luck when the video comes out.

I feel like I should RP this out, but I want to get the group's input before Sam starts burning bridges. Thoughts?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <02-04-15/1358:00>
Burn, baby, burn. It's a very good thing that O'Connor did not attend this meeting. He doesn't take well to being threatened, especially by slimy pricks like that.

Sam should tell the guy that they're out of towners will no real reason to stay on in L.A., and many have reason to return to Seattle, so fuck his gravy train. Then remind him that he and his client will have their hands full with damage control and ask if its worth it to add the complication of a pissed off runner team just to enact petty revenge.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <02-04-15/1528:45>
I'm going to wait my reply until I get some results from my knowledge checks, as what I'm going to say will depend on those.

EDIT: on the other hand, if he knows Firmin and Pandora, we can put pressure via those two to get our payment if he doesn't pay up at the end.  And a copy of that video is quickly made and if he doesn't pay up, we can put it out ourselves as well.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-04-15/2249:16>
I am new to the group, so my opinion might not carry as much weight, but I think Sam's response is spot on. 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <02-04-15/2324:33>
Yeah, Clem supports Torley's stand. She doesn't appreciate the threat either, even if she thinks it's a weak threat. It just added to her impression this Johnson is untrustworthy and a snake, so she will definitely follow Sam if they don't at least get half their money up front.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <02-06-15/0911:24>
Okay a few notes, almost glad I did unplug yesterday, it gave you a good chance to discuss all this stuff.  I needed the day, had a big test that I managed to dropkick pretty good even after spending a long time studying for so I wasn't in the best mood, and I also had an issue with my 14-year old daughter that required some downtime too.  Anyway, back to the game.

Sammy's knowledge check on Guiles:

Guiles is a former bodyguard turned personal manager, around Pathfinder/Horizon he is generally the guy they put with people that have real talent, but also have "problems," his years as a bodyguard for these same stars helping him keep these troubled souls from being destroyed by the bright lights.  He is a guy who handles people and problems, not the type like Fermin who is more of a sweet talker.

He has been with Christy Daee since she signed with Horizon, almost 10 years ago when she was a tween/teen star on the rise.  This is important because Christy must have been a mess when they signed her, and that she is still with him says that she has kept him very busy putting out her brushfires the whole time.

A note for everyone on Christy Daee, for all of you.  She is one of the hottest singers in the world right now, and for a person with that much exposure she has a relatively clean image.  Your characters may not listen to her music, but you do know her.  Current day equivalents would be in area of Katie Perry or Arianna Grande.

A note on Shadowrunning in general, different jobs come with different payment arrangements.  While it is certainly reasonable to request an advance to handle specific expenses related to the job, situations where you are tasked with the retrieval of an item are generally handled in a money for object fashion.  Nobody pays a bounty hunter for a target ahead of time.

This is not to say you are wrong to walk or question a job, just that operating as though you should be paid for your time when you are just starting out is a good way to price yourselves into the poor house.

Something else to be aware of in reference to the gravy train that has been mentioned.  Your characters should realize by now that you are being DRASTICALLY overpaid to guard props, regardless of the circumstances.  You being paid for what you represent as a resource for Fermin and Pandora, it is a very real and realistic threat for Guiles to make if you turn down this offer, especially if Pandora and Christy are friends as he intimated, that you could be sent packing back to Seattle tomorrow.

I tell you all of this as players, to let you know how things work in this world.  How much your characters know about this is up to you, and I will respond accordingly. Torley as shown himself to be a bit of a snob in negotiations, and he is new at this after all, he fell into to face role by natural talent.  This could be a 'fake it till you make it' tactic, or just him needing to learn on the job, or him just playing hardball, but regardless I will let it play out how it happens.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <02-06-15/0955:52>
Let's see if Sammy can convince the others.  We can ask for money for 5 people of course, as the team is 5 large.  That the two others aren't with the negotiations is not an issue, as they can still be doing something for the job we got from Fermin (they are, in a way, so we won't be lying).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <02-06-15/1017:27>
This guy was very quick to resort to threats, you should keep walking.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <02-06-15/1131:04>
Yeah, but then Shadowrun isn't Shadowrun if we do :p
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <02-06-15/1140:39>
Not necessarily, you would be surprised how often a job that runners don't want ends up finding them anyway, some of those are the best kind.  ;) 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <02-06-15/1259:43>
We shouldn't just walk into what we think is a trap just because we think the plot demands it. If I was GM, I'd make things worse if my players did that.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-10-15/0011:42>
Am I correct in that it sounds a bit like the new job is going to kick off tonight?  If that is the play I will go with it, but I just hope I can take a rain check with the IT guy or he may feel that I have played him and it might cost us a chance to get some software upgrades.  First and foremost I am a team player and will go with a team decision.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <02-10-15/0203:42>
That's what it sounds like.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <02-10-15/0832:57>
Well, technically, he has already served is purpose if you want to take a mercenary view of the issue.  I am working a post for the Data Haven since the hens at the End of the World are still clucking (just kidding guys, I am enjoying it, feel free to continue)

The guy that O'Connor ran down is the contact that Crenshaw brought you here to meet.  He is the one to get the stuff from here, the other guys are studio techs, SINners who buy their tech retail.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-10-15/0935:28>
Snow does not like burning her bridges, even if they are just techies.  Crenshaw is one of the techies where the team works and might be able to cause trouble if he feels he has been jerked around.  She does not need the sex, but it is a tool that got her to this table and the other guy. This meeting is on the Pito feed and Crenshaw's stock might have gone up a lot to have bagged the pretty Keeb and he ought to be grateful enough for that to provide unintended benefits.  And Snow's rep could go down if she dumps the guy.   All in all, in Snow's opinion, it would be better if the job started in the morning. 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <02-12-15/1113:51>
Crossbow, just because I don't want Sam to be rude to the new employer, who probably would've been a little clearer: what time tomorrow is our deadline? It's already pretty late in the evening, so if the deadline is 9AM, that's very different from, say, 5PM...especially in terms of potential cock-blocking.

Which is not something I ever expected to have to worry about in a game. Silly me. ::)

And to everyone else: any clue how we're going to pull this off? Sam's contacts are all up north, and so won't be very helpful, and it doesn't seem like Snow's got the technical wizardry to do a search of P2.0 to see if our target shows up on some other feeds...though maybe her new friends could do something there...? Any thoughts?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <02-12-15/1133:25>
So that is the question, because the deadline is when Christy tells Bacchus to piss up a rope and Bacchus makes good on his blackmail threat.  Guiles has no more information than that, you saw a scan of the letter, it was very simple.  "If you don't want you goodies all over the Matrix tomorrow, you better take my call and be ready to pay, and play." They know it is Bacchus.

Your contacts may be up north, but you can find some info by hitting the right places and asking the right questions...and greasing the right palms.

Where you go at this point is on you, make a plan and execute.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <02-12-15/1200:26>
Hrm. So he knows he's on a tight, somewhat nebulous deadline, but still sends a messenger in the mid/late afternoon to invite us to a party that evening, and gives us time to socialize before pulling us into a meeting. So we've lost probably five hours before we even started. :P

Welp, that's that: he doesn't want us to succeed. He's setting us up for a fall. :-\
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-12-15/2224:49>
Snow is willing to try anything to help out.  At this point, she and Con do not know what is happening at the posh club and are blissfully planning separate but similar nights.  I am hoping that the new guy can at least try to find me some of these upgrades.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <02-12-15/2239:58>
Guess the logical thing to do would be to look at his past broadcasts and try to find where he usually hangs out. From there, we could probably ask someone about his whereabouts and such.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <02-12-15/2332:25>
We might not be able to find Baccus right away, but I bet we can find members of his gang and get his location out of them.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <02-13-15/0640:57>
If they have a Pito show, we can use that to track them down.  They will probably also do the two minute delay thing, but I'm sure we can figure out their regular hangout from there.  Then we can have a look there and if this Bacchus isn't there, probably some of his team members are and we can, as Necrogigas puts it, get his location out of them (or if the trid is there, get it and be done with it).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <02-13-15/0737:45>
An image of Mickey Rourke looking for Goldie in Sin City just flashed in my mind ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <02-13-15/0804:51>
One can hope, Hydroraven 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <02-15-15/1849:34>
Go ahead and give me a Negotiations roll Mercy.  Because this is an out of game post I want to clarify something, the stats that your commlink has (System and Signal) are not software attributes, that is hardware.  To improve your implanted commlink means going under the knife and having someone physically replace stuff that you are carrying around in your head.  If this sounds scary, it should, especially if you are having it done in a place that you aren't perfectly familiar with.

For the ones at The Top of the World, you guys need to tell me where you are headed, and if you are contacting Snow and Bullet Storm (which I just now realized the initials of and plan to start using them in the near future :D  ,  OOC obviously, don't need random gunfire :) )
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-16-15/0001:57>
Yes, I understand the difference.  I would still like to know the potential costs.  I can decline the offer and just go with the software.

Negotiation (http://orokos.com/roll/256057): 8d6t5 3
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <02-16-15/0343:53>
If you need software to run at a higher rating than what your system can do, get the optimization option (it's somewhere in unwired).  It's what I have done on my commlink to get a rating 6 analyse to run on a rating 4 OS.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-16-15/0920:07>
lol  Yes, I want that a lot.  My initial character sheet had that but it was downchecked.  I will have to slowly build up to that sort of software collection.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <02-16-15/1138:34>
I only have it for the analyse program, but then again, the only thing I really need on my commlink is a good defence.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <02-16-15/2215:10>
Can the team go to the studio after hours? O'Connor's gonna want the rifle and more ammo if the team's fighting a gang.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <02-17-15/0816:03>
Mercy, I am going to need a roll for the intimidation.

It is likely that you can get to your rifle, but I would caution at this point bringing out the heavy artillery.  This is not Seattle or Denver where you have a chance to keep that stuff under wraps.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <02-17-15/0820:09>
Yeah but do our characters know that? (With the exception of Sammy)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <02-17-15/1024:35>
They would know to be cautious, with all of the camera drones buzzing around most places actually LOOKING for something exciting to happen.  O'Connor might not give a shit, but the overly cautious and thoughtful Clem would definitely be careful about shooting anything beyond a heavy pistol (or even that in some places).

An interesting point, Sammy might NOT know how to handle things.  She was never armed once she started working for Horizon, unless she was filming a scene.  (Not telling farothel how to play it, just making you aware of the option)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-17-15/2308:06>
Snow does not have the sort of money that this man is asking for and probably cannot afford much of an upgrade if his numbers are accurate.  Besides, she needs a way out now so that she can get to her team.  If the man buys into the Vory thing then she might still get something, but he might just walk and Snow will need to try to cultivate another contact.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <02-18-15/0818:28>
Understood, but I still need the intimidation roll.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-18-15/1004:54>
Sorry.  I had missed the request.  As it turns out Snow is not very intimidating.  Oh well, sad for her.  It was a good speech.

Intimidate Yuri (http://orokos.com/roll/256889): 5d6t5 0
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <02-18-15/1048:23>
roll three more dice, Intimidation is part of the Influence Skill group, like Negotiation.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <02-18-15/1212:12>
You're right there, Crossbow.  Sammy would probably have had a taser for self-defence and then a bunch of bodyguards (just as we are now).  And of course stunbolt if it was necessary.  One of the main advantages of that one is the same as with a taser: while you will be questioned after you use it, if you do so in self-defence, it will not go further.

On the other hand, she does know that there are cameras everywhere, even more than in Seattle and she will caution against the use of heavy firepower as she will probably know that it will be investigated by the police (unless you do it in El Infierno, which is like the Barrens, but a lot wetter).

EDIT: I'm in the process of changing jobs, so if in the coming couple of months I suddenly drop of the radar for a day or two, don't be alarmed.  I'll try not to, but until I can move (which will take some time) I'm looking at a three hour commute every day (maybe more depending on traffic).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-18-15/2230:37>
Snow rolls the rest of her dice to try to intimidate Yuri.

Extra roll for Intimidation (http://orokos.com/roll/257107): 3d6t5 1

Well, at least I got one hit this time.

I will say that I applaud Sam's technique.  Well done, in my opinion.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <02-19-15/0735:50>
I know there's nothing Sammy can do magically, just role-playing here ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <02-20-15/1211:46>
Remember Thvor, you can't get blood from a stone.  Torley can probably get the information out of anyone, but it has to be the right anyone.  The goings on of a banger are not going to be known to a crowd of movie people, you need to hit the street.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <02-20-15/1259:54>
Yeah, he knew it was a long shot when he tried, though everything he'd heard about LA made it sound like the "who's who" spent a lot of time watching the Pitos of the low-lifes, so there was at least a possibility. He's out of his element, but trying to learn to swim in the new waters as fast as possible. :) And, of course, part of his frustration is simply the fact that they have such a short deadline & will probably have to be working all night after standing guard all day. I wouldn't like that, either.

Out of curiosity, how far is the hole-in-the-wall we're aiming at from our hotel?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <02-20-15/1415:48>
Far enough away to be in a whole different tax bracket, close enough that it is about a 15 minute drive if the lights go your way.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <02-21-15/1557:27>
Sam's going to get his guns, but doesn't have anything else to do to prep. He's willing to head over to the bar ahead of the gang to start asking around, though I do have a couple questions:

1) Would his astral chameleon character quality interfere with Sammy being able to use him as a spotter?
2) How out-of-place is he going to look? Does he need to change before he goes?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <02-22-15/0012:34>
Yes, your Astral Chameleon quality would make you a poor choice for a spotter.  You would be going from a high class club to a hole in the wall bar, so yes, to look appropriately you would want to change, but considering your Blandness quality it probably won't matter as much for you as for Clem or Sammy.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <02-22-15/0128:27>
Hole in the wall sounds up O'Connor's alley.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <02-22-15/0345:41>
Why do I need a spotter?  If I recall correctly I just need to know where I'm going and I can go there in the astral by leaving my body behind (in my hotel room).  I just need to get a spirit and maybe someone else to guard it, just to be sure.  In the astral I can fly around and if I know where it is (and if I recognise the spot, I can always look up the address), I can just go there, just as you could in the 'meat'.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <02-22-15/0914:41>
If Sammy doesn't mind, why not just do that while she is in the car on the way to the place?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <02-22-15/1022:33>
If you leave your body and that body moves, then it's more difficult to find it back.  It's best to do this in a location where your body is safe and doesn't move, so you know where it is when you have to go back.  You can only stay 'Magic' hours outside of your body if I recall correctly, so having to go looking for your body is not a good idea.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <02-22-15/1642:53>
It isn't a big deal one way or the other, the rules are a little vague on that point.  My argument in requesting the spotter is that you haven't been to that bar in a while so you aren't truly familiar with getting there, you can't read signs while astral and there is a background count to consider in most parts of Los Angeles.  Without something familiar to act as a spotter you should easily be able to get into the area, but picking out the exact building might be tougher.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <02-22-15/1713:06>
When I get into the vicinity I can go a bit up in the air (in the astral you can do that), and I can materialise to have a look around in the material world before I switch back to the astral.  A bit like what I did when we were on that mountain, right at the beginning.  I can make sure that I'm not spotted when I do that by hiding behind something when I look around (an antenna on a roof or something like that).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <02-22-15/1837:05>
Manifesting only allows you to be seen and to be heard, it doesn't change YOUR perception at all.  The reason you were able to do it on the mountain was that you had the anchor of your bonded items to guide you (the items were your spotter then).  I glossed over it in game but it wasn't so easy to find the warehouse.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <02-22-15/2049:25>
We're driving to the place, so I guess it would be easier to find your body back, since we're going to the bar Sammy will be scoping out. But I understand if you want to play it safe :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <02-22-15/2054:41>
So you guys are heading out for the bar as a group and then Sammy will check it astral?  Is O'Connor driving his rental?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <02-22-15/2106:04>
Yes
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <02-23-15/1001:58>
Okay so now the GM is confused. I am ready to give you some info, you need to be clear which location you are looking into, the bar or the motel.  You can certainly do both, I just need to know what is the order and/or who is doing what.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <02-23-15/1030:47>
Sam's plan is to go hang at the bar and see if he can get some of the "locals" to open up a bit. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <02-23-15/1053:44>
Since it's not far, maybe Sam can go to the bar and Sammy can use him as a spotter then?  I'll go with Clem, Sam and Snow in the car, we drop of Sam at the bar and drive a bit further, park in an alley and Sammy goes in the astral to check out things.  When O'Connor is at the hotel, he can text us and he can then come to where we are parked.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <02-23-15/1104:52>
That was my initial idea, but Sam's got the astral chameleon quality, which our illustrious GM has indicated makes him less than ideal as a spotter. He's willing, but I'm not sure what impact it'll have.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <02-23-15/1235:59>
If we're standing a mile away after dropping you off, I know exactly where it is and it should be okay to know where to go.  I can simply retrace the route the car has taken.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <02-26-15/1041:40>
Thvor, I will give you the option, you can roll the Con or since it is not directed at anyone specific and you are just fishing I will let you take automatic successes based on your final pool.  Either way, you need to take off 2 dice from your final pool because you aren't focusing your charm.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <02-26-15/1048:40>
It's more fun to roll, so:

Con: Skill (4) + Charisma (6) + Kinesthetics (3) - Unfocused (2) = 11d6.hits(5)=3 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4787732/)

No glitch.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <02-26-15/1355:00>
BTW, I'm assuming that Sam's either broadcasting this whole scene to the rest of the group, or at least recording it on his Pito to be broadcast later. He'd hate for all of this to go unappreciated. :D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-26-15/2225:48>
Hmmmm.  I am a bit confused.  I thought Sammy and Snow were in the car, Clem and Con on the street at different ends of the building and Sam inside the bar.  The note from the GM indicates that our heavies are at opposite ends of the block on overwatch.  I thought I was just talking to Sammy, not broadcasting to everyone.  I will live with that if I am, and take the hit with Clem later.  You guys are pretty tight so I thought that you already knew and my Vory connection is probably going to come out soon and I do not want to be hiding that.  I will be very sorry if I spilled beans not already in the open.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <02-26-15/2309:47>
I should have been more clear.  When I said that the heavies were posted at either end of the street, I didn't specify whether or not they were in vehicles, but with both Snow and Sammy potentially 'checking out' (by VR and astral) or engaged in studying something other than the surroundings, it is perfectly appropriate for Clem to be close to, if not in, the vehicle, providing you with security.  Also considering that this is LA, the windows are open, and given Clem's enhancements and perception, you could have had what you would reasonable consider a low volume conversation and she could have been 5 meters away and leaning on a lamppost and gotten every single word.

In fact, let's assume that is what happened, for the sake of appearances.  I don't see Snow as being someone who would intentionally have spoken of Clem without talking to her if she thought she could be heard.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-26-15/2346:56>
OK.  That all makes sense.  Well, I guess Snow will have some ground to make up for that.  She is already pretty far down in Clem's book and will just have to work harder.  I do hope that there is something that Snow can do well.  She is pretty much Ok at several things but really good at nothing and has not been able to impress much so far.  She will keep trying.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <02-26-15/2356:03>
Just wait until Clem and O'Connor get shot up all to hell, they will fall madly in love with her :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <02-27-15/0035:21>
Alright, now I'm clear as to where Clem is in regards to the other members, thanks for clarifying Crossbow :)

And don't worry MM, I'm sure Snow will do something that will get her to fall on Clem's good side, just like Fionn did. She doesn't understand the Matrix so well, so she has a hard time seeing someone that specializes in it as being someone that pulls the same weight as the other members of the team. But fear not, all it takes is one good shot and she'll see the value in having Snow. It's just that Snow doesn't know how private Clem likes to keep her life, that's all ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-28-15/2117:35>
Snow is trying very hard.  At this time she is trying to scan every security camera in the area to see what she can find out about the bar and its patrons.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <03-02-15/0855:44>
Okay, she will be a quite a bit doing this.  I am assuming she will be taking the time to carefully probe these other nodes, but most camera feeds tend to be well protected.  She will be able to quickly find out that there are no non-hidden nodes containing any surveillance footage other the one for the bar in their target building.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <03-04-15/1440:22>
So, I've just been wondering--since this is the longest scene I've had where I'm role-playing Sam role-playing someone else, how much detail would y'all like me to give in terms of what Sam's thinking versus the impression that he's trying to give? So far, I've been writing it much more on the impression side, but if that's confusing/off-putting, I can adjust.

Though I must say, it's fun playing a Runner who's pretending to be someone getting his first taste of the shadows. :D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <03-04-15/1850:53>
I think you're doing fine personally, Thvor :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-04-15/2332:28>
I also think you are doing great.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <03-09-15/0804:26>
Okay, we have reached the point of diminishing returns.  Right now your team of runners is WAAAY too geared towards something going wrong, or wringing some intel out of these two bangers who are in the midst of some kind of high.  The footage you are reviewing is not popping anything, although if you really want to push that line of investigation you will track down another haunt or two eventually.

Snow is currently being a bit of an eager beaver (no pun intended, but quite funny if you think about it ;) ) and expanding her electronic footprint a little further than would be considered safe if she had more experience.  If I start having her make rolls for all the stuff she is doing a critical glitch will not be long in coming. (This is a point I make to you as players, none of your characters, Snow included, would be aware of how thin she is spreading herself)

Gametime, it is approximately 2am, and your team have been on the go for about 22 hours average (Snow has been going a bit longer, what with having come late to the party).  There is a lead you haven't looked into yet, but otherwise you are in a waiting game and rather than forcing you to wait for the other shoe to drop, I am willing to advance the clock if you are all ready. 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <03-09-15/1010:29>
I don't think the bangers will be much of a problem, and I think Torley will probably be able to get everything he can out of them. That being said, since Clem is now officially in charge of leading the squad during physical altercations, she will anticipate the worst and will prepare her team for things to go south. She won't be the one to suggest splitting the team to cover the hotel as well, but it might be a good idea to do that as well, from a player's point of view.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-09-15/1028:10>
Snow is trying to cover several contingencies and is probably overextending her abilities.  She does not want to disappoint the team by not being prepared to act.  It makes sense to her to take the precautions of hacking the 'links and the guns and cameras, but she does not realize she is near or past her limits.  Sam is doing great inside the bar and the others are doing their jobs well, too, and she does not want to be the failure point again.

As a player I really do not know enough to know that I am past my limits.  Any advice here would be helpful.  My read on the rules is that Snow should be able to do these things, so is there something I am missing that indicates what I might be doing wrong?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <03-09-15/2034:01>
The critical thing to realize that when you have too many balls in the air at the same time you are degrading your dice pools to a smaller and smaller level.  No matter how good you are, when you have a dozen things going on at once you are going to end up with pools that only have a die or two, from there it is simply a matter of time until the odds spell disaster.  Generally a hacker doing what you are doing would have an agent or two handling some of the grunt work.  I would look into those if you are going to be trying to do that a lot, but this kind of stuff really isn't your wheelhouse yet.

Mercy, I realize that I am coming off terribly to you because I had you create a character that is not primarily a hacker and you have been pushing really hard in that direction so you have been seeming to come up short, but that is not really my doing. you are more of an all-around Jack of Trades than the pure hacker you and the rest of the team are pushing you into being, so that is going to have some bumps.  We may end up with doing a rewrite, but at the moment I don't see that as necessary.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-09-15/2200:13>
LOL  I will muddle through as best I can.  If my dice pool is degrading I will have to stop any further hacking attempts.  Can you tell me what I have been able to get by the time I realize this?  It will help me figure out my limitations.  Or is it something a real hacker would not know until it was too late?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <03-10-15/1346:44>
Ok, I'm as surprised as anyone that Sam wants/needs O'Connor's help with anything that doesn't involve bullets. :)

BTW, I noticed that our GM let slip that we're not looking into a lead right now. I'm assuming he means the no-tell hotel...are we planning on having someone go by there?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <03-10-15/1455:32>
It would be a good idea :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <03-10-15/1708:11>
I can have a look at that.  I should be able to sent you guys a spirit should you need magical protection, at least until I can come back.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <03-10-15/2036:36>
Better for Clem or O'Connor to go with Sammy. As a player, I'm not a fan of sending a mage by themselves to a hot-zone :/
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <03-10-15/2251:50>
Better to send the spirit with someone else to the motel.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <03-11-15/0150:23>
You need to edit your post Mercy, there is no security camera at the motel.  Also, if you want to make a skill roll or do an analysis it will be at negative modifiers if you do the check remotely.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-11-15/1008:06>
Snow has dropped all remote operations except for the security camera and an attempt on the commlink of one of the gangers.  The software to protect the team net should not be draining her since it is just background running on the commlink, right? 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <03-11-15/1305:13>
You have the team's commlinks slaved to yours, I am not with my books at the moment, but IIR there is a slaved system limit that would eventually caused negatives, but you are nowhere near that.  Your commlink hacks provided no useful information, as the numbers in the phonebook use actual names not street names like Bacchus.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-11-15/2208:06>
I was thinking that the links might not have his specific name, but there might be one or two names they called a lot and that might be Bacchus or a mid-level guy that could provide a link to Bacchus.  Just as likely to be a bookie or prostitute, though, I guess.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <03-12-15/0907:43>
The spoiler tags are finally back!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <03-12-15/2313:52>
Mercy, let me get a Medicine skill roll, but understand you are going to be at negative modifiers to your pool due to remote examination.  You would be a lot better off doing an exam in person.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <03-12-15/2321:14>
If you're really curious, I could probably have Sam try to convince them to leave the bar, where you could encounter them directly...though I'm not sure it'd be worth the bother. :D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-12-15/2330:03>
No.  I am not sure that it is that important.  Sorry I brought it up.  I was hoping to see if there was some way you could influence them if you knew what they were on.  Bad idea.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <03-13-15/0131:51>
No, it's a good idea; the only question is whether Snow would be able to tell enough from the feed to give more than the general advice Con came up with. And we can't really know that unless you roll the dice the GM asked for.

Of course, no matter what you come up with, Sam's his own character, and tends to let his instincts guide him. So don't worry too much about steering him wrong.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-13-15/0243:16>
Snow can at least try.  What are the negative dice pool modifiers?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <03-13-15/0301:21>
Just to let you know I'm still alive, but without much to do at the moment, so not posting.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <03-13-15/0600:44>
-4 dice.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-13-15/0958:48>
Snow rolls to see if she can identify the drug the ganger is on.  Normal 8d6 is 4d6 due to being remote. 

Analyze ganger drug (http://orokos.com/roll/263532): 4d6t5 2

Two hits is not too bad.  She might get something.  Edited the IC post.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <03-13-15/1140:20>
They aren't on drugs.  They are a bit dehydrated, and probably hungry.  If Torley  can find the manual release on their chipjacks  he can eject the beetles (BTLs, Better-Than-Life chip) they are running.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <03-13-15/1514:06>
I just want it said, I rolled this on google and took a screenshot.  I really was going to let this go if this hadn't happened.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <03-13-15/1517:31>
Crossbow, you bastard. ;)

And of course, Sam knows nothing about first aid, so with his logic stat, he's looking at a dice pool of one for trying to help the kid. I'm not liking his chances. ::)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <03-13-15/1525:33>
Sam has R2 Gremlins and you tried to fiddle with someone's headware? At this point he should simply walk away while whistling an inconspicuously jaunty tune.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <03-13-15/1527:10>
Strongly tempted to. Though he'd probably at least jam a napkin into the guy's neck first. Not that that'd help much, of course...:)

And I'll point out that in my post, I only said that he was looking for the jacks; the GM's the one who made him take the next step!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <03-13-15/1631:04>
Nice try Thvor, the intent was clear.

Please, feel free to attempt to render first aid, that should be entertaining.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <03-14-15/1039:19>
Are the rest of us aware of Sam's plight?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-14-15/1319:25>
Snow was watching his Pito feed to get a diagnosis and sees what is happening.  She goes to give first aid, working on the blond first.

First aid on ganger (http://orokos.com/roll/263858): 15d6t5 5

5 hits.  I hope it is enough.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <03-14-15/1738:16>
Okay, assuming that Torley's Pito feed was on live and broadcasting we can safely assume the group knows what just happened.

(I will deal with the somewhat overuse of the remote omniscience of Pito a bit later)

Snow's being in observation mode on the scene will certainly be able to START MOVING towards the bar with her expected actions being exactly what she is saying upon arrival.

Thvor if you intend for Torley to do anything besides stand there shocked I will need a composure check, but I will still probably call this Combat Paralysis kicking in also, since there is a LOT of blood.

Is anyone else taking actions that need to be addressed?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-14-15/2029:01>
I was under the impression that Sam had hid feed on because I was using it to examine the guys.  Let me know if that was not the case and Snow will have to wait until Sam says something.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <03-14-15/2128:58>
No, Clem will keep away from that situation and stay where she is, advising O'Connor and Sammy to stay in position.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <03-14-15/2209:26>
No, Clem will keep away from that situation and stay where she is, advising O'Connor and Sammy to stay in position.

Okay, are they doing that?

I was under the impression that Sam had hid feed on because I was using it to examine the guys.  Let me know if that was not the case and Snow will have to wait until Sam says something.

No that isn't the problem part, and honestly, there really isn't a problem per se.  It is a question of capabilities and effects, and in part it is the disconnect of what Pito actually does, and what it CAN'T do.

You guys have discussed getting a tacnet, I am really on board with you guys having one, because it will keep me from getting upset that you are acting like you have one already.   :o ??? ;D

Pito is not a work around for a tacnet, and not only because you don't get the bonuses that a tacnet gives you, but because it doesn't work that way.

None of what you guys have been doing is technically impossible, given the capabilities of a commlink in this era, but there are still limitations.  I guess what I am saying is to be cognizant of those limitations, does that make sense.   ??? :P :)

(So glad I have remembered to use my smileys again  8) )
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-15-15/0516:53>
Unfortunately, I boggled the attempt to get any upgrades for now.  I will try another route to get that, but the Tacnet stuff is a bit spendy and I may need to save some money.  I really think it will help us, but I really need to use a better negotiator than me, I guess.  Anyway, I am thinking I can still try the first aid once I get to the guy.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <03-15-15/0527:50>
I was under the impression that Torley had just a camera running (like I also have one in my glasses or goggles) and we were looking at the feed of that camera, so we know when we have to show up for a rescue or something, as he's all alone in the bar.  I probably have it in a small AR window somewhere in my vision so I can look at it but still see what's going on around me.  We named it Pito, but it's probably just a camera.  And keeping a camera feed encrypted between slaved commlinks (Torley sents it to Snow who can send it on to the other slaved commlinks) is not a problem, as it's what is done between the cameras of buildings and the spider who controls them.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <03-16-15/1120:50>
Hey, sorry for being offline all weekend--my dad was visiting, in addition to our usual kids activities.

Anyhow...I agree that a composure test is warranted, and the CP kicking in makes sense as well. Sam does not like being close to blood. :-\
[spoiler]Composure: 8d6.hits(5)=4 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4797635/)
...ooh, Invisible Castle's back up! yay![/spoiler]

Crossbow gets to determine the threshold, and the CP adds one to whatever he picks.

As for the Pito feed--I mentioned earlier (http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/play-by-post/(ooc)-new-beginnings-horizon/msg356284/#msg356284) that Sam was broadcasting this to the team. And, of course, Crossbow allowed Snow to remote-diagnose the gangers, so he can't now complain that she could see the results. ;)

And for anyone who really cares, Sam's got his contact lenses in, so the video feed shows what he's looking at. Plus thermographic.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-16-15/1319:39>
I can try to pretend to be waiting for a date at the motel and came over for a drink.  Sam might still get some mileage from his movie guy act.  I am hoping that this is not the wrong play.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <03-16-15/2221:59>
Okay, waiting for Thvor to post IC, in the meantime, I think I have figured out where the disconnect is for me and what you guys think you can do.

All of you have a commlink, as written a commlink has a camera/camcorder (Snow's implanted commlink doesn't several external devices, but she has other links for those), all of you (except Torley) also have an image link, a device that is not a camera, but one that allows you to see images that you cam is seeing.  There is a certain logic to keeping an internal comm channel open, and to be able to talk with each other at will when you are in close contact, but sharing image links in real time is a bit much.  Pito is essentially a social network with easy uploading.

You guys have been playing as if you have is a TacNet which includes a sensor link, and you don't.

Does this make sense?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-17-15/0024:50>
So what is the limit of what I can do with my commlink and devices and I will not go beyond that again.  I guess I really did misunderstand what the capabilities of the link are.  I really thought that the description of the commlink allowed for real time sharing of the information.  Very sorry.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <03-17-15/0243:42>
Okay, waiting for Thvor to post IC, in the meantime, I think I have figured out where the disconnect is for me and what you guys think you can do.

All of you have a commlink, as written a commlink has a camera/camcorder (Snow's implanted commlink doesn't several external devices, but she has other links for those), all of you (except Torley) also have an image link, a device that is not a camera, but one that allows you to see images that you cam is seeing.  There is a certain logic to keeping an internal comm channel open, and to be able to talk with each other at will when you are in close contact, but sharing image links in real time is a bit much.  Pito is essentially a social network with easy uploading.

You guys have been playing as if you have is a TacNet which includes a sensor link, and you don't.

Does this make sense?

I was always under the assumption that sending in someone who has a camera active was not a big problem.  While I agree we can't watch all team member's feeds, watching one specific feed should be possible.  Maybe we should specify this more clearly in the future if we want to do this.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <03-17-15/0632:06>
 It wouldn't be, you could do a certain amount of "you see what I see" if that someone had a camera in some kind of eyewear, but none of you have that.  As it stand now, for Torley to have done what he did for Snow, having her diagnose by remote, he was basically panning his commlink over the ganger and watching the display.

It also is telling that in the chase before with O'Connor, he was essentially trying to run with his phone out, filming himself.

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-17-15/0953:20>
So what can I do or not do with my image link?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <03-17-15/1036:13>
Image link basically allows you to track everything in your PAN in a heads up display in your eye, rather than having to see it on a screen on your commlink.  It is a feature of modern convenience. 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <03-17-15/1650:17>
Why has every time someone wrote a - s - s it has become hoop, even if we weren't referring to a body part.  This could be entertaining.  ass ASS @$$  just seeing what works :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <03-17-15/1946:56>
Didn't know that.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <03-17-15/2047:51>
It also is telling that in the chase before with O'Connor, he was essentially trying to run with his phone out, filming himself.

I'm sorry, are you saying that comms having cameras is unreasonable?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <03-17-15/2050:09>
Not at all!  Just awkward to pull off well..
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <03-17-15/2054:26>
Oh I imagine that video to be of poor quality, but without cybereyes or any type of recorder,  what ya gonna do?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <03-17-15/2303:16>
Okay, this is going to require a coordinated Con roll to calm the situation and get them to buy your stories, split between the bouncer and the bartender (the only ones that matter).  Snow is supporting Torley, so Snow will roll her Con skill, and her successes will be the bonus dice to Torley's pool, that he will then split in half and roll one for each target.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-18-15/0203:55>
Snow is still unskilled at CON, so rolls 5d6 to try to help Sam.

CON roll to support Sam (http://orokos.com/roll/264925): 5d6t5 2

Two hits is a small help.  But why does Sam have to split between the bartender and the bouncer?  Would it not work to just convince the bartender, who would tell the bouncer to go back to the door?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <03-18-15/1051:45>
Ok, so Sam's con pool is 13, plus Snow's 2 gets him to 15. Splitting it into two rolls; the bartender's more likely to pick up on things, so he gets 8, while the bouncer gets 7.
8d6.hits(5)=3, 7d6.hits(5)=2 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4799462/)

Not Sam's best performance, I'm afraid (I think that'd be the sheriff way back in the beginning!), but decent.

As for the question of why Sam splits--I'm not really sure. The RAW talk about splitting dice pools for multi-weapon attacks, multi-target attacks, etc., but the only description for what happens when trying to use charisma skills on multiple people is on page 130:
Quote from: SR4a p.130
If the character is attempting to influence a group of NPCs who have no designated leader, the Opposed Test applies to the whole group—use the highest dice pool available among the members of the group, then add +1 for each extra person (max +5). Groups tend to react as a whole, with reluctant members drawn along by enthusiastic ones. Alternatively, the gamemaster may appoint a leader or a “ringer in the crowd” and base the success or failure of the endeavor on that character’s reaction to the player character.
Which makes me think that Sam's roll (all 15 dice) should be opposed by the bartender's pool plus one1 for the bouncer. But ultimately, I'm willing to let the GM decide.

1 Side note: The RAW don't indicate if this bonus is an extra die in the pool, or just a guaranteed hit. I could read it either way and feel like it made sense.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <03-18-15/1125:52>
I will accept that explanation Thvor, so you have a total of 5 hits vs the bartender with the bonus of the bouncer.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-20-15/0006:44>
Good job on going after the guy, Sam.  We might get a decent lead from this yet.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <03-20-15/0502:26>
Well played, Thvor! If he's as pissed after Bachus as he says he is, maybe Sam could convince him to tell us where he is without dropping another nuyen.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-22-15/0935:25>
To my knowledge, none of the rest of heard the ganger's comment, right?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <03-22-15/1207:47>
No, you all heard it, I would prefer that Thvor get the first chance for his character to respond though.

Note:  Although technically Snow is done caring for the chiphead, she should still wait until CrashCart arrives and takes over care of the patient to keep from arousing suspicions.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-22-15/1236:32>
Snow is planning on staying with the boy until CrashCart arrives.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <03-23-15/1558:57>
I'm with Clem, waiting and regularly checking Bachus' pito feed to see if he comes online.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <03-24-15/1138:23>
Hrm, I just realized that Sam doesn't have any skill points in intimidation. ::) Which means his dice pool is only 5, plus any bonus he's earned through the commanding voice move.

Luckily, he's not bluffing; he's ready to call Con in to work the guy over.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <03-24-15/1359:49>
Isn't it part of a social skill group which you might have?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <03-24-15/1404:23>
Sadly, no. The Influence group gives Con, Etiquette, Leadership, and Negotiation--if you want Instruction or Intimidation, you gotta pay for it separately.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <03-25-15/1139:53>
Can I get a judge intentions reading, to see if Sam buys the ganger's assertion that he knows nothing?

[spoiler]14d6.hits(5)=2 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4804981/)
No glitch, but...dang, that's not a lot of hits for so many dice. :P[/spoiler]
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <03-25-15/1540:55>
Well, you think he is telling the truth.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <03-25-15/2049:50>
Mercy, did Snow ever mention her medical skills to the team?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-25-15/2308:40>
God, I hope so.  She has quite good medical skills and a good medkit.  Cannot be absolutely sure if the subject came up.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <03-26-15/0040:17>
Hasn't been brought up,  she has been too busy trying to be a hacker.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <03-26-15/0704:19>
We will notice now.  I also have healing skills, although in my case it's a spell called 'heal'.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <03-31-15/1019:52>
Is it safe to assume that none of the three people in the building show the level of essence drop someone with Bacchus's known modifications would exhibit? (I'm guessing yeah, but figured we should at least ask... ::) )

Also, how is everyone at infiltration? Sam's actually decent, though it's a side ability.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <03-31-15/1208:37>
I'll do some assensing rolls, as I doubt I've seen that on a quick inspection.  I'll probably need some anyways to locate them.  while building do have a shadow on the astral, they are mostly ignored as they don't matter.  So now I will have to look specifically for it.

As to sneaking around: I have both the stealth and improved invisibility spell, so I'm pretty good at it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <03-31-15/1415:07>
Clementine

The layout is a block in the middle of a small parking lot.  There is a single row of parking and driving room around the building.  There is an open access to the alley behind, with fences opposite.  There is a jumpable fence about 8 meters from the back of the building, but otherwise it all street access.

Sammy

The forms are approximately in rooms 1, 12 and 5, none have any mods.  Rooms are numbered clockwise from the office which is room #1.

Reminder: Target room is #8

Clarification:  This is NOT a coffin motel, just a really crappy one.

https://www.google.com/search?q=coffin+hotel%3B&safe=images&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=0uMaVb2oDMedgwTunYPgBw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=608 (https://www.google.com/search?q=coffin+hotel%3B&safe=images&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=0uMaVb2oDMedgwTunYPgBw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=608)


Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-31-15/2207:29>
I overnighted once at Tokyo International Airport and stayed in a coffin hotel at the airport.  They looked just like the pictures.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <03-31-15/2217:43>
Yup, that's what they look like.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <04-01-15/0431:42>
GM is in confusion mode, not a completely unusual state for him, but still...

Sammy said, "Also the room numbers don't seem to fit to what we have gotten.

What does this mean?  Am I missing something?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <04-01-15/0545:11>
I'm also confused, but then again it seems to be my natural state here ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <04-01-15/1142:45>
Sammy

The forms are approximately in rooms 1, 12 and 5, none have any mods.  Rooms are numbered clockwise from the office which is room #1.

Reminder: Target room is #8

Just going on this.  You said that the target room was 8 and the people are in 1, 5 and 12, so they are not in the target room, right?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <04-01-15/1230:10>

Just going on this.  You said that the target room was 8 and the people are in 1, 5 and 12, so they are not in the target room, right?

Right, #8 being the room that Sunny Daee was found by her security in, that I assume you were going to want to investigate.  I was making it clear that the room you wanted wasn't occupied.

I was putting those clarifications in the info post to make sure you all understood that you have switched investigation tracks, from locating Bacchus to figuring out what happened to Daee. 

Looks like it was needed.  :) ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <04-01-15/1526:56>
OK, modified my post a bit.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <04-02-15/1333:26>
Mercy, give me 4 Data Search rolls on an extended test rules (meaning you will lose a die for each one after the first) and since you are also actively monitoring and protecting the team's comms take an additional die out of the pool.

You will easily find Bacchus' new show and can start reviewing it, but this is for additional legwork to see if you shake anything else loose from the knowledge tree.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <04-03-15/0143:02>
Data search.  Start with 8d6 but take one away for doing other tasks 

First roll:  date Search for Bacchus (http://orokos.com/roll/270291): 7d6t5 3

Second Roll:  Data Search Second Roll (http://orokos.com/roll/270292): 6d6t5 3

Third Roll:  Data Search Third Roll (http://orokos.com/roll/270293): 5d6t5 1

Fourth Roll:  Data Search Fourth Roll (http://orokos.com/roll/270294): 4d6t5 0

I hope 7 hits is good enough.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <04-03-15/1050:21>
Good enough to muddy the waters a bit more.

In searching for Bacchus' new show, you find that it has been attached, deliberately, by a weird trick of the search algorithms, to the old show that he was on with the A-Kidz, you couldn't search for one without finding the other.  As I mentioned before, between this trick and the similar name that is why Sammy got the new show in her review feed and it kind of blended in.

You also find out that the A-Kidz Pito show, and by extension the spin-off with Bacchus, has a strong connection to Horizon.  This might at first glance like a natural thing, but it really isn't.  Obviously Horizon has a lot of their signed major talent doing Pito shows that they support, but they are not really known for throwing their resources behind some bunch of random wannabes.  The fact that the A-Kidz are slumming corp kids, like the bartender told Sam, does not explain this, as none of the Kidz' parents have that kind of pull at Horizon that you can find.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <04-03-15/1545:45>
Um, I think I need some clarification. Clem and Con are talking about having Sam & Con go talk to the front desk, but I was under the impression that Sammy only found three people in the place, and they're all asleep? Doesn't that imply that whoever's supposedly running the desk has decided to call it a night (and, I'd guess, is in room #1)?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <04-03-15/1631:17>
Yep, apparently O'Connor is looking to wake someone up very rudely.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <04-03-15/1750:29>
O'Connor's of the opinion that talking to the guy is a waste of time, so a little shock and awe to speed things along.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <04-03-15/2228:16>
It has been a pretty horrid week so please forgive me if the question is stupid.  Did I roll the correct dice pool for the data search?  I used Logic (4) plus a data skill (4) for 8d6 pool.  is that all I get or is there some computer skill also added in?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <04-04-15/0008:02>
You have that Matrix Crib Sheet I sent you?

Matrix actions are Skill + Program Rating (in this case Data Search + Browse) for a total of 7 dice to start.  Taking off the last die of your rolls only causes you to lose 1 success, which doesn't change your information.  The bad news is that losing that die, and the success, on your third roll takes you from a succeeding action to a critical glitch.  You have yet to use any Edge, so you can downgrade it to a glitch by spending 1.

Speaking of Edge, if anyone used any between arriving in LA and starting the job, it has refreshed.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <04-04-15/0109:26>
I guess I had better use an edge to avoid the critical glitch.  Hmmmm.  Looking at my character my dice pools are a bit on the low side except for first aid and pistol.  Any ideas on what to improve first should I get the chance?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <04-04-15/0217:16>
Your dice pools are lower than specialist's, but you can operate as a hacker, a combatant and/or a face effectively, and you have plenty of room to easily grow into those roles either through Karma or cyberware.

I have the glitch on tap already, so for now don't worry about that.  If you guys are going through with this plan as it is,  I need to know where Clem and O'Connor are parking and the timeline. 

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <04-04-15/0516:00>
I'm thinking Clem will park a few buildings down, so as to be close enough to quickly get back to the car but far enough for people not to know they are associated with the hotel. And I'm guessing Clem and Sammy should rent their room before O'Connor and Torley come in and "extract" their information.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <04-04-15/1224:25>
I must have missed something because I had thought that the motel was just across the street from the bar.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <04-04-15/1449:22>
It was in the same neighborhood , but not that close.  Actual distance is probably  3/4 of a kilometer
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <04-05-15/0215:23>
Park across the street if no cameras are present
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <04-05-15/0637:33>
It's not the best of neighbourhoods.  I doubt there will be many cameras.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <04-05-15/1120:19>
Snow's scan of the building indicates no cameras at the motel or in the immediate area.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <04-05-15/1314:49>
Still waiting on a clear plan and timeline.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <04-06-15/2154:04>
Okay, everyone has at least poked their head in here in the last 30 odd hours, so I guess you need prodding.

I am going to assume that Clem is going in to rent rooms, asking for 7 and 8, then she and Sammy will check out the target room and then send in the boys to play good cop/bad cop if needed while Snow is keeping anyone from setting off a panic button.

Sound good?

 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <04-07-15/0016:43>
That is what Snow is doing.  I am sorry for not saying that.  She is doing overwatch on the team frequency to make sure that the security is up.  I had thought my earlier look and see at the motel indicated no security system.  It seems that might not be accurate.  Searching for a security node.

Electronic Warfare (3d6 defaulting) + Scan (4d6) = 7d6, but reduced 1d6 for maintaining overwatch = 6d6 total pool.

Search for Hidden Node (http://orokos.com/roll/271803): 6d6t5 3

Assuming I need a threshold like for the last scan the next three rolls are:

Search roll 2-4 (http://orokos.com/roll/271804): 5d6t5+4d6t5+3d6t5 3

Not too bad.  I will try to get control of any security node I find, if there are any.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <04-07-15/0103:25>
Yeah, that works for me :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <04-07-15/0336:00>
Just moved things along.  I assume that we have two-way audio communication with everybody in the team (I have earbuds and a subvocal microphone), so that shouldn't be a problem for me to get audio.
And as soon as we have some time, I'm installing a camera in my goggles, so we can have audio and video.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <04-07-15/0558:05>
Panic button is like a 911 system, not tied to the building network.  In an area like this, it is only about a 50/50 chance someone would respond anyway. but it gives you something to do :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <04-08-15/2227:39>
Hydroraven, is Clem doing a cursory inspection or is she really tossing the place?  It is pretty disgusting all things considered.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <04-08-15/2303:11>
For now she will just wait for Sammy to look at the astral first and then she'll have a look around. Since they have nothing to go on for now, she'll definitely dig through until she's tossed the whole room.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <04-09-15/0137:47>
Sorry for the delay.  I had some problem to get that other diceroller to work as it should (stupid firewall). :(
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <04-12-15/1058:58>
Not too bad on the hacking attempt so I hope it works.  I will try to capture the feed and look for recordings.  There may also be something in the guidance software that can tell me who is getting the data and where. 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <04-12-15/1314:11>
Okay, given Snow's impulsive and eager to please attitude, I am going to take advantage of the dice she has already given me so kindly and tell you all what she actually just did.   ;) ;D (Don't get wound up about it Mercy, I am just trying to get things back on track without major rewrite...and having a little fun with it)

Upon examination of the device in Clem's image link, she makes a memory check to see if she recognizes the device, -1 to the check because she is opening doors for the infiltrators at the same time. (1,1,6,1,2,3, one success, but it is a glitch too)  She has seen it before, but she has mistaken it because of Sammy's reference.  Following that incorrect information, she begins to try and find the hidden node that the device would be linked to (if it's active, which is likely given that some of the sensor wires are unspooled and in a room).

Unfortunately, Snow's abilities as a Power User and not a full fledged Hacker are not really up to the task of detecting a hidden node by herself.  (Previously doing this she would be working with a team, either Fionn or the spy folk she learned this kinda stuff from originally)  Having no Electronic Warfare skill, (something I bet she will want to pick up after this) her chance of finding a hidden node on her own are almost non-existent.  (Electronic Warfare + Scan (15+, 1 Combat Turn) Extended Test )  That said, her successes on the initial check (3 6s and a 1) should have started to give her an inkling of the node considering it is running an active periphery.

It doesn't, this make her stop her search and take a closer look at the image of the device.  Then she realizes why she can't find it.  It is not an uplink device (satellite or otherwise) it is a laser repeater, it is tight-beaming the data from the recorder to a receiving device that the laser is pointed at.  She wouldn't be able to hack it because if it is not wirelessly controlled, which they usually aren't, it is not on the Matrix to hack.

Sammy and Clem, once they get this information, can do Perception checks to see if the can spot a receiver, which will be in line-of-sight, but not necessarily easy to find..
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <04-12-15/1508:25>
Excellent job Mercy. ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <04-13-15/2102:04>
Thvor and Necro, your characters completely have the drop on these two so rather that so some clunky back and forth I was thinking I might put it in your hands to creatively write up the initial contact in a way that makes you feel good, just give me an opening to give any real answers you need.  I will try and roll with whatever you guys come up with.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <04-17-15/0712:38>
It is about 5am, so the club is closed to the public.  Sammy determines there are still several people on the premises, but no magical activity. 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <04-20-15/1033:53>
I am very sorry that my character is as weak at the matrix stuff as she is.  Having a dice pool of 4 to do some of the basic things she needs to do is very weak.  Based on the chart I was given she would absolutely have zero chance of locating a well hidden node since the threshold is 15.  If you have the patience, Snow will get better, but it will obviously take time and access to people to train her.  In the meantime her self confidence is now badly shaken from just this one night.  Her computer skills are sadly lacking.  Again, my apologies. 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <04-20-15/1129:05>
Don't worry about that MM, characters with shortcomings and flaws are what make Shadowrun more enjoyable :) Seriously, I don't think anyone here will be upset because your character has a small dice pool. If anything, it will make the story more interesting ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <04-20-15/1607:31>
I also have only 6 dice for assensing, one of the most used skills for a mage.  So you're not the only one.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <04-20-15/1728:17>
Mercy, Electronic Warfare is your only significant hole and you use it on only 2 common tasks, outside of cybercombat, neither of which is in play here.  You do not need to detect a hidden node in this case, the node is a giant glowing nekkid lady.

Your skillset is one of broad use, not specialized.  We had to compromise somewhere.  On the upside, you can get EW on a skill chip if you really want it, just don't shoot for the moon on the rating.

What you are doing is trying to crack the system, that is Hacking + Exploit, and doing that you have to ask 2 questions.  What level of privileges are you going for, and how quickly do you want to do it.

The answer to the first is either Personal (legal user level stuff), Security (slightly harder, probably minimum that you should be going for, for cameras and secret stuff the common user shouldn't see, like bank account and personal records) or Admin (very hard, but you have the run of the system).

The second part is tricky, you do it quick, you are fighting against just the system's firewall, you get a hack per action to beat it, but the system gets a chance every time you roll to find you.  You do it slow, you have to chew through the System Rating AND the Firewall, but the system only gets a shot at you once, when you penetrate, because you are taking an hour between attempts.

 

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <04-21-15/0250:13>
Yeah, I get the whole concept.  I really do.  It takes the fun away when a character can do all of it all the time.  Snow has some training gaps that she needs to work on.  Hopefully the system + firewall of this node is not too high.  But the slow way could take three or more hours and I don't know if the team has that much time. 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <04-21-15/0720:31>
They will have even less time if the cops are looking for you or you get your brain fried by Black IC.  Get your skills up, then try a hack on the fly.  In the mean time, take this one slow your first go and only go for Security privileges.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <04-21-15/0749:34>
If the GM is saying to take it slow, maybe that's what you should do ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <04-21-15/0754:31>
Please note that the 1 hour/check is only in VR.
Maybe first do a check to see what the firewall looks like.  You can do that by using the observe in detail matrix action.  You do a computer + analyse test with a treshold set by the GM and for each net hit you can request one piece of information, like rating of firewall and things like that.  It can give you an idea of the complexity of the task at hand.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <04-21-15/2327:17>
Thanks.  I will try that. 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <04-22-15/0003:58>
With your 3 hits MM I would say get the firewall and the system rating to give us an idea of the task at hand.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <04-22-15/1135:41>
As a backup plan, we could have people head into the club. Possibilities include: Sam posing as a pimp with some "wares" to offer (any or all of the girls; Snow, at least could probably benefit from being on the inside) & Con as muscle; Sam & Con posing as tired wage slaves; some variant of shady businessman with possible gang/mafia ties; maybe some sort of maintenance crew?...

I'm leaning towards the first, simply because it gets the group together. We've been working as small teams for quite a while now, it feels. And it would work with what everyone's wearing, if I remember correctly.

Thoughts?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <04-22-15/1154:02>
The club is closed, so while there are still people in, it's probably the late shift closing up.

BTW: to get in close to the cameras, I have improved invisibility, so I can make one person invisible, also to the cameras.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <04-22-15/1901:02>
That sounds good Farothel. Guess we just need to spot the cameras and let Snow get close to one.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <04-22-15/2136:54>
The late shift would include a manager, possibly even the owner. Not saying we should go in, just that it wouldn't be impossible.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <04-22-15/2203:42>
LOL  So now one option is to pimp snow out as a stripper?  Well, it certainly would not be the first time so she could pull that off, pun intended.  She is pretty much up for anything to help her be part of the group.  I like the camera idea, but we may have to use a plan B if we cannot find one with an open jack port.  The stripper idea has merit if we have enough time.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <04-23-15/0147:14>
The team is quickly reunited at the Derma, and Clem is able to find a couple of cameras, but they behind grills, and only accessible  by leaning out over the roof.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <04-23-15/0606:02>
Time to add some microtapper bugs to the shopping list.  They aren't all that expensive (they are in Unwired if I recall correctly) and they can put a cable splice on their own. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <04-23-15/0954:08>
So the cameras are on the roof looking down.  Rats.  If Clem only found a couple, they should not be able to cover the entire building.  That should leave someplace not covered that can be used to get to the roof and check out the data receiver up there.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <04-23-15/1152:31>
If you are looking for a blind spot to climb to the roof, yes, you can find that easily.

The grills have too tight a weave to put a hand through, might be able to wedge a finger, but nothing more than that.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <04-23-15/1233:39>
If we can get on the roof without showing up on the cameras, we don't need the cameras anymore.  We can just get on the roof and check the laser transmitter thingy.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <04-23-15/1242:58>
I guess they didn't hear you before when you mentioned Sammy having Improved Invisibility.  ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <04-23-15/1341:14>
I thought there'd been an indication that Sammy's spell would work for one person, but not the whole group?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <04-23-15/1419:42>
Improved invisibility is indeed only one person at a time.  I can cast it multiple times, but I have to sustain them and that means a cumulative -2 for every person after the first.

But as the cameras have blind spots, we don't need that spell.  We can just use those black spots to get onto the roof and be done with it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <04-26-15/2300:24>
I don't know what happened to your rolls either, but i have to see them to count them, Also, you need to decide at the first what access you are seeking, you will need at least Security to get anything done, unless you are just looking around.

You can pop in and go for upgraded access, but it isn't any easier.  You will have to restart the hack from the beginning to get the upgraded access.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <04-27-15/0151:22>
I thought the value to using Orokos was that you could go and look at the rolls.  Would you like me to roll again?  I would love the chance to get better than what I got.  But yes, I did forget that I would need another three hits for the security level access.  I am not certain of course, but I am pretty sure that I have already been detected after the second pass, given my low firewall.  It is possible that the security system glitched, but it only needed to get past my firewall of 4 to find me.  Still, I should try for the upgrade.  I will hope that my rolls are better this time.

I should have also rolled for initiative to see how many passes I get.  Average would be 3, but I will roll that first.  Initiative (Hot SIM) (http://orokos.com/roll/280605): 4d6+9 17  Sadly, that roll sucked a lot.  Initiative of 17 only gives me two passes in this turn and I have used them up getting basic access to the node.  I will roll for initiative for the second turn but I will wait for guidance on when I can go for the upgraded access.

Second turn initiative is Initiative for turn 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/280612): 4d6+9 25  Quite a bit better.  I will wait until told it is my turn, but my intent is to hack on the fly to try to get a security access unless I am attacked first.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <04-27-15/0204:04>
Here are your rolls, MM.

http://orokos.com/roll/m-mercy+merchant

Edit: MM, don't forget that we're playing in 4E, not 5E, so that initiative should be rolled a bit differently ;) And your initiative score doesn't affect the number of passes you get :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <04-27-15/0228:14>
Thanks.  Yes I saw them there myself.  Somehow I flubbed the post and the copied rolls disappeared and I could not see how to get the actual rolls back.  But they were out there to be inspected so I just referred to them in the post.  I fully expect that Clem whacking on the cables and Snow accessing the node will bring a response and that Snow will be logging off real soon, hopefully before she gets too much attention. 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <04-27-15/0232:34>
Preferably she can get into the node, see if there are any calls sent to any outside nodes for reinforcements and if there is, cancel them before logging out :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <04-27-15/1958:06>
Well, you are right about getting found, you haven't even keyed the access code and the alert starts sounding. 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <04-27-15/2112:54>
If Clem can hear or otherwise know that there was an alarm triggered, she will position herself close to the hatch and ready a flash bang grenade.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <04-27-15/2221:27>
It's a Matrix alert for the system, not an alarm for the building, Clem is still going chop-socky on the receivers.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <04-28-15/0011:56>
If Snow's message goes through, Clem will get into position and wait for the hatch to be opened. If anyone opens the hatch, she will pull the pin on the grenade, throw it in and keep the hatch open while looking away to avoid the glare from the grenade.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <04-28-15/0012:58>
OK.  Since I goofed and did not stipulate the access level I was going for, I am currently at user access level and just starting to try for the security level.  I have 3 hits toward the 10 I need.  I will keep trying until I get attacked or pushed off.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <04-29-15/1139:48>
Clarification with a caveat:  I am not one hundred percent sure of this rule, so feel free to let me know if you see something in the books to contradict this, but you do not have user access, you are still going for Security access.

It isn't a tiered format, each level of access is it's own full test and failing to reach a higher level does not mean you can 'settle' for a lower level that your rolls would have reached.

BTW, just finished finals week, so if my response has seemed spotty, that is the reason.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <04-30-15/0016:35>
Thank you for being kind.  Ok, so I now have nine hits of the ten I need for the security access.  I had thought you had said I was at user access and had to start over from scratch to upgrade it.  In this case I should get the access next init pass and dive in.  Thanks 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <05-02-15/0608:17>
If you want to speed things up MM, you could roll 5-6 turns of hacking, which would make it easier for Crossbow to give us a timeline. He'll be able to determine how long it takes for you to get in, and that way we don't have to wait for posts back and forth to move forward with the hack :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <05-02-15/0712:18>
Sorry about that.  I was trying to be careful due to being reminded before that I was posting too early and not waiting my turn.  Maybe this is a different situation and if so I am very sorry.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <05-02-15/2137:50>
Well, your hacking attempts are taking less than thirty seconds total (each combat pass is about six seconds), so really, none of the rest of us have a realistic chance of saying or doing anything meaningful in the meantime. Other than Clem, of course, who's dancing around pretending to be a blender. ;D

Matrix stuff happens fast. You'll be in & out (one way or the other...) before the rest of us know what's happening.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <05-03-15/0334:01>
Then I am sorry.  I had thought that the initiative rules meant that all had actions at the same relative time and I was already working on the second init pass and did not want to go too far ahead of anyone else still going on the first pass.  Anyway, I should be into the system now so am waiting to see if Clem has something she wants me to prioritize.  My idea would be a download of the file we are looking for then wipe it from the system.  I would really like to wipe the entire system and crash it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <05-03-15/0645:26>
Clem really has no idea about Matrix stuff, so she'll assume the message was intended for someone else. But yeah, if Snow can look at the date in question and see if there is a recording, see how many people are connected to the node at present and crash the node, that would be tremendous.

Obviously Snow will probably won't have enough time to do all that, so the file and the number of people would be a big help. But I'm sure Our friend in Belgium probably has a better plan, he is much more knowledgeable about Matrix stuff than I am.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <05-03-15/0703:03>
That would be me I guess.  Well, things depend on what the node's alert response is.  For instance, Sammy's alert response is 'reboot'.  So if an alert is triggered, her commlink will reboot, throwing the attacker out (and giving dumpshock if said attacker is using VR).  I don't think this node will be doing that, as it's a business node.  I think here the response will be 'warn security spider and load some of the programs he or she needs'.  In that case, how long you have depends on how long it takes for this person to get in.

I would say the priorities are the following:
-see if they have the file and if they do, copy it, check if they made back-ups somewhere and then wipe it from this location.  We can then see about the back-ups.  Maybe if they have similar things from other people (it looks like they might), we can get those as well.
-who's inside can always be interesting (camera feed probably)
-and then maybe take out the node to wipe your trail.

As to the initiative, currently MM is the only one running on initiative time.  The rest of us is still running on narrative time, waiting for you to do your stuff.  In this case it's indeed best to do all your dice rolls at once and then let the GM decide how many he needs and what the results are to save time.  This is in fact why a lot of GMs don't like matrix stuff, as it can take a lot of time out game for a few seconds in game.  In combat this is less a problem as at that point if you're in the matrix, your running at the same time increments as the rest (you're doing different things, but it's easy to just tuck you into the initiative list and take your action just like the combatters).

So in the future if we're in combat and you're in the matrix, roll them by initiative, but in situations like this, just roll them all at once to speed things up.  I do the same thing when I assence multiple people.  I just roll as many times as there are people, say to the GM 'I do assensing from left to right, here are the rolls' and then he can do all the results in one post.  And don't worry about it, it's something we all had to learn when we started with PbPs.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <05-03-15/0826:26>
Thanks farothel, that was all very helpful. 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <05-03-15/1158:46>
Thank you from me as well.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <05-03-15/1334:00>
Sorry guys, I wrote up a post but for some reason it didn't take, I will get something up in a few.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <05-03-15/1411:09>
BTW Mercy, why are you defaulting for Data Search?  It is a part of your Electronics Skill Group.  (It still ends up being 3 so the dice don't change)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <05-03-15/1701:49>
GM (http://orokos.com/roll/283594) rolls (http://orokos.com/roll/283595) some dice (http://orokos.com/roll/283596)

A few things that should occur to Snow:

1) If the files are not in the node, there should be some trace of them being sent elsewhere, there's not, there also aren't slave nodes for the receiving equipment Clem is destroying.

2) There could be an isolated system involved.

3) Why are the recievers connected to the roof with co-ax cable?  Nobody has used that dinosaur stuff in 20 years, it doesn't have a DTR (data transmission rate) that could carry even the simplest matrix activity.  Moves like a dead turtle.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <05-04-15/1053:33>
If that means searching for a hidden node that is going to be pretty hard without the electronic warfare skill I need to pick up.  The threshold for that is 15+ and I am starting with 7d6 and losing one every time for the extended test.  I have two edge remaining so that can help.  Having realized this I will edit the post to be looking for the node after crashing the system.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <05-04-15/1148:33>
Isolated  is not the same as hidden.  Isolated means that physically there is no equipment connecting the system to the matrix.  You will have to locate the system itself and plug into it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <05-04-15/1326:38>
So we send O'Connor in and after he cleared out the location of any living occupants, we go in and tear the place appart looking for old hardware.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <05-04-15/2105:54>
Yeah, looks like whomever is inside is not responding to the equipment being taken offline, so I think Clem and Snow will just have to get down and go inside.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <05-05-15/0000:15>
LOL  All for that.  I need more practice and training for more matrix actions.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <05-05-15/0117:29>
Yeah, looks like whomever is inside is not responding to the equipment being taken offline, so I think Clem and Snow will just have to get down and go inside.

maybe the equipment is so old that taking it out makes it only marginally slower than keeping it working.  They might not have noticed. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <05-06-15/2336:04>
Sorry it took so long folks, real life got in the way a bit.  Time for some fun.  Placeholder post in the IC thread has been edited, post your rolls and responses here.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <05-07-15/0043:13>
As far as Snow knows, she has accessed the node, found no trace of the information we are looking for, crashed the node, and failed to find any hidden nodes.  She was planning on logging off the node and rejoining the meat world. 

[spoiler]Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/285227): 1d6+9 12[/spoiler]

That should give me two actions and the first will be to simply log off.  If some sort of Black IC doesn't stop me it should work.   Logging off is a simple action so I will use my other simple action to draw my taser. 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <05-07-15/0112:32>
O'Connor's preparing to attack the building, all weapons locked and loaded. So getting out of the car, grabbing the rifle out of the back, stuffing extra clips into pockets, booting up Smartgun systems, that'd all be what, three IPs all together? After that he's on standby until Clem gives the word, or security comes outside.

[spoiler=Initiative]
Reaction 8 + Intuition 3 = Pool 11
Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/285237): 11d6t5 3
Total: 14
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <05-07-15/0506:46>
Clem is still waiting by the hatch with her flash-bang grenade. Initiative 〜 Reaction 7 + Intuition 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/285302): 11d6t5 3 so that's 14
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <05-07-15/1015:50>
Sam will follow Con's lead, preparing to "storm the castle". He won't pull out a weapon (other than his walking stick) yet, though. It's been a long, frustrating evening for him--he does not like it when he isn't able to get what he wants through his charming personality. ;)

[spoiler]
Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/285362): 7d6t5 1, total of 8.
Combat paralysis shouldn't kick in yet, but it wouldn't change the result even if it had. :P
[/spoiler]

Also, Mercy--that looks like a 5E initiative roll. We're still running 4E for this campaign.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <05-07-15/2119:08>

Also, Mercy--that looks like a 5E initiative roll. We're still running 4E for this campaign.

Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/285227): 1d6+9 12

Thvor's right Mercy, in 4e you roll your Initiative in dice, take the successes and add the Initiative score to them, then you get a set number of passes.  Since you are talking to Clem the whole time, I am not sure you are running hot sim or not..
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <05-07-15/2321:03>
Sorry, yes I was confused.  Initiative is

[spoiler]Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/285734): 9d6t5+9 12[/spoiler]

I was in hot sim at the start of the turn, but am going to meat initiative as soon as I log off.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <05-09-15/0746:23>
Here's mine.  A bit delayed, but I couldn't get the diceroller to work at work (stupid firewalls).

Sammy:6D6E5  → 2( 2; 6; 3; 4; 2; 5;=> 2 successes against 5 ) (https://rolz.org/info?X1394817)
So that's initiative 8 in total, 1IP as I don't have any spells up yet.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <05-10-15/1136:51>
I know that everyone must feel like this once in a while, but I do hope that we are not waiting on me.  If so I apologize.  My intent is to have Snow log off the crashed node and assist Clem at the hatch.  At this point she is not yet aware that the guy has sent his little demons after her snow queen, but Snow is pretty convinced that either there is nothing connected to the node or that she missed something.  In any case she needs to get inside to do a direct hook-up to the system to make sure.

I am leery of posting that because I am not sure if the IC sent after Snow will interrupt her intended actions.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <05-10-15/1243:45>
No this is all on me, I have been very lax about getting this next part going, partially because I need to put in some time on matrix combat and I haven't done that.  I will need you to pull that post and hopefully I will have some time today to get things started.  It is a big scene that is starting and I want to do it right..
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <05-10-15/1331:29>
My first action, unless something really strange happens, will be to cast increased reflexes, at force 2, so I have an extra IP.  That spell will go into my health spell sustaining focus.  I will also stay behind the car in hiding until I've cast this spell.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <05-10-15/1614:02>
I have removed the post.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <05-12-15/2340:59>
Okay, a week later and I am finally getting a handle on this.  First off, let's deal with what has happened, there was no crashing of the Derma's system, partially because Snow was acting a little too quickly and partially because she didn't have the Admin account necessary to crash it.

What did happen is that the Spider blocked her attempt to start an alarm, and has found her in the system and is attacking her.  In the meat world security is alerted and is beginning to act defensively, but Snow and the Spider will get in a round of actions before anyone else engages.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <05-13-15/0057:42>
That is a bit frustrating.  The sheet I have does not seem to indicate that I need a certain access level to crash the system.  As for moving too fast, I cannot seem to win.  Either too slow or too fast.  I am sorry for the slight vent, but I am having a hard time understanding what is happening and when to roll ahead or not. 

I will defend against the attack by going full defense.  From what I read of the situation, if the IC gets a hit I cannot log off the system.  Using the full defense means that I give up my next action, which would be to log off.  it seems a real catch 22 here.  I will continue to do this until the IC rolls crappy enough that I might be able to just use regular defense.  Please let me know if I am interpreting this correctly.

Ok.  The defense did not go well.  The IC has 1 net hit.  What do I take in damage?  And I am still in hot sim, as I recall.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <05-13-15/0311:36>
It depends how he attacks you.  Only black IC prevents you from logging off.  Regular attack programs don't prevent log-off.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <05-13-15/0750:41>
That is a bit frustrating.  The sheet I have does not seem to indicate that I need a certain access level to crash the system.

You are right it doesn't, part of what took me so long was figuring out that part of things.  It will sometimes be a Security level task but I wouldn't think that would be very often, unless it is an extremely high security area.   

As for moving too fast, I cannot seem to win.  Either too slow or too fast.  I am sorry for the slight vent, but I am having a hard time understanding what is happening and when to roll ahead or not. 

Give me both barrels, I can take and I probably have it coming.  :)   I am a little frustrated myself, this was a crazy week and I know this is going to be tough.  I haven't run a hacker fight since second edition.  As far as jumping ahead goes, all I can say is work with me on this and hopefully we will find the happy middle ground.


I will defend against the attack by going full defense.  From what I read of the situation, if the IC gets a hit I cannot log off the system.  Using the full defense means that I give up my next action, which would be to log off.  it seems a real catch 22 here.  I will continue to do this until the IC rolls crappy enough that I might be able to just use regular defense.  Please let me know if I am interpreting this correctly.

Okay, first off, you have edge.  The rerolls you made when trying to shut down the system never happened, you went to try it once and got the access level info so you stopped.  Second, as a farothel said, you would have to be taking shots from Black programming to hold open your connection.  Either Black IC or something using the programs Black Hammer or Blackout.  Also, you are not fighting IC, this is a security spider (Jimmy Jammer), not that it makes a big difference at the moment, but IC is a security program, not a person.

Now, from a strategy standpoint, going full defense until you can figure out what it is you are fighting is never a bad idea, unless there is a timetable involved.  That said, you are right in that it is a catch-22, when you are committing yourself to defense your are minimizing the damage you take, but doing nothing to improve your situation, that part is up to you.  Nobody ever won a fight hiding behind a shield.


Ok.  The defense did not go well.  The IC has 1 net hit.  What do I take in damage?  And I am still in hot sim, as I recall.

reprint from the Crib sheet:

Matrix Attacks [SR4 p230]:  Cybercombat requires a Complex action and uses programs like Attack and Black Hammer to attack.
Attacker Rolls [SR4 p230]:   Cybercombat / Pilot + Program rating
Defender Rolls [SR4 p230]:   Response + Firewall (+ Hacking / Pilot if using Full Defence)
If the attacker gets more hits than the defender he has hit and inflicts damage.  A tie indicates that the attack made contact but did no damage.
Modify DV [SR4 p140]:      Program rating + Attacker’s net Hits
Damage Resistance [SR4 p231]:   System + Armour (if damage is directed at the Icon)
            Willpower + Biofeedback Filter (if damage is directed at Hacker)
Each Hit on the Damage Resistance Test reduces the modified DV by 1.  The remaining DV is applied as boxes of damage to the appropriate Damage Track (the Icon’s or the Stun or Physical Track of the Hacker).

So unless you are edge re-rolling your defense, you will take the spider's Attack Program Rating and reduce it with a resistance roll.

BTW, if anyone else sees a problem, feel free to speak up.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <05-13-15/0949:50>
Thank you.  Heck yes I will use an edge to reroll the misses.  Any hits now will be in hot sim for me, which is not good. 

So in this case, is he attacking the icon or me?  It seems me, but I am not clear on this.

Thank you for your patience.  I can see Snow trying to contact someone to help improve her Firewall and Response, if that is possible, plus teach some EW skills.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <05-16-15/0452:40>
Here's mine.  A bit delayed, but I couldn't get the diceroller to work at work (stupid firewalls).

Sammy:6D6E5  → 2( 2; 6; 3; 4; 2; 5;=> 2 successes against 5 ) (https://rolz.org/info?X1394817)
So that's initiative 8 in total, 1IP as I don't have any spells up yet.

Here was mine which I have done a bit before, as we haven't done anything in initiative time yet.  Unless we had an action, in which case I would like to cast a spell in that time.

Also, I'm on holiday from tomorrow until next Saturday.  I will have internet and I'll try to check the forum once per day.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <05-16-15/1003:54>
Cast your spell, and roll a new initiative after.  That first request was to see if anyone was moving on the club.  Everyone rolls a new total.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <05-16-15/1121:06>
increased reflexes force 2 (spellcasting 6 + magic 5)
Sammy:11D6E5 → 7( 4; 5; 4; 6; 6; 6; 5; 1; 5; 3; 6;=> 7 successes against 5 )#spellcasting (https://rolz.org/info?X1511395)
no problem to cast, the sustaining will be done by my force 2 sustaining focus for health spells.
This gives my 1IP extra and + 1 initiative

Drain F/2+2=3 willpower 4 + logic 4)
Sammy:8D6E5 → 2( 6; 5; 4; 3; 1; 3; 2; 2;=> 2 successes against 5 )#drain (https://rolz.org/info?X1511455)
1S damage.

initiative 7:
Sammy:7D6E5 → 4( 5; 6; 2; 2; 5; 1; 6;=> 4 successes against 5 )#initiative (https://rolz.org/info?X1511475)
that makes initiative total of 11
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <05-16-15/1332:53>
[spoiler=Initiative]
Reaction 8 + Intuition 3 = Pool 11
Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/289533): 11d6t5 4
Total: 15
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <05-16-15/2306:18>
Initiative 〜 Reaction 7 + Intuition 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/289786): 11d6t5 1 it gives me 12, but at least no glitches.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <05-17-15/1636:56>
While we are waiting for Thvor to give us a new initiative, I made a map of the outside of the club to place yourselves on if you like.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <05-17-15/1724:58>
Snow is on the roof with Clem.  She is standing near the hatch with her gun drawn and waiting, although she did need to take a moment to readjust to the meat world so she may not be completely ready to fight just now.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <05-17-15/1749:10>
O'Connor and co. are parked across the street, correct? And what does the exterior architecture look like? If at all possible I want O'Connor to enter this fight diving through a window guns blazing.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <05-17-15/1956:24>
Sorry, no windows.  Strip clubs in general I find are very lacking street views.

Are you directly across or would you be on the edge of that picture on one end or the other?  Need to know for sightlines.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <05-17-15/2001:15>
I don't know one way or the other, and it really doesn't make a difference actually, but I thought a person in full VR would be seated.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <05-17-15/2102:59>
I am sure that you are correct.  I would have been seated after Clem drug me up to the roof.  So at this point I may still be seated on the roof, trying to shake off the disorientation from coming out of VR.  If something happens before I recover, then that is where I still am.  Sometimes it is easy to forget the nuances of matrix combat.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <05-18-15/0147:00>
Going in VR is like going in the astral: you're body is empty and it will drop down.  So zitting or lying down before you start is recommended.  You will end up that way anyways.

I assume that if we are parken on the street it is with a view on that Side door.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <05-18-15/0737:36>
Updated, everyone good?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <05-18-15/1009:43>
Hey, sorry for the delay. Was out in the woods all weekend.

[spoiler]
Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/290384): 7d6t5 3, total of 10. Still no combat paralysis, obviously.
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <05-18-15/1846:12>
Looks like that for Clem, Crossbow :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <05-18-15/2015:32>
@Hydro: Is O'Connor's team on standby or did Clem give them the go ahead?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <05-18-15/2355:04>
They should still be on standby as she still thinks they have the drop on the club goons.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <05-19-15/0210:12>
Snow bas said that the node was alerted.  While this not necessarily means a physical respons, Sammy will keep an eye on the building, both in the meat and in the astral (I have put that in a post sometime ago). I'm not going to go closer if I don't have to.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <05-19-15/2019:54>
Sammy's gonna have to. O'Connor's motto is there is no "spectator" in "putting your life on the line for money."
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <05-19-15/2316:55>
Okay, I have:

B Storm   15   4 IP
Clem   12   3 IP
Sammy   11   2 IP
Torley   10  1 IP
Snow   10   2 IP w/-1d6 to all pools for first pass due to glitch

Everyone is essentially holding actions looking for something to respond to, so opposition will act first.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <05-20-15/0040:27>
Snow's perception is 6d6 - 1d6 for glitch is 5d6. 

Perception (http://orokos.com/roll/291410): 5d6t5 1  Crap!  It is all going south for Snow.  Only 1 hit on the perception roll and a critical glitch.  I hope something gets better for me.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <05-20-15/0122:58>
Just a glitch, not critical.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <05-20-15/0135:00>
[spoiler=Perception]
Perception (Visual) (http://orokos.com/roll/291443): 8d6t5 2
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <05-20-15/0317:39>
Sammy's gonna have to. O'Connor's motto is there is no "spectator" in "putting your life on the line for money."

I won't be a spectator, but as long as I can see it, I can hit it.  No need to get close into melee.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <05-20-15/0718:51>
Need an audio test too Necro
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <05-20-15/0835:00>
Here are Clem's rolls:

Perception 〜 Intuition 4 + Perception 3 + Perceptive 1 + Reception Enhancer 2 + Vision Enhancement 3 (http://orokos.com/roll/291525): 13d6t5 3 no glitches

Perception 〜 Intuition 4 + Perception 3 + Perceptive 1 + Reception Enhancer 2 + Audio Enhancement 3 (http://orokos.com/roll/291526): 13d6t5 4 no glitches
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <05-20-15/0930:11>
Okay, one of you got it, so I can let you know, Clem can't see anything from her angle, but she does HEAR the doors, both the one on the side AND the doubles at the front entrance, open up a little bit.  At present, she has not seen anyone, and nothing with the hatch has occurred.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <05-20-15/0936:14>
Sam's rolls (maybe late, sorry):

Audio: Perception (http://orokos.com/roll/291539): 10d6t5 3
Visual (specialization): Perception (http://orokos.com/roll/291540): 12d6t5 3

No glitches.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <05-20-15/1028:50>
[spoiler=Perception (audio)]
Perception (http://orokos.com/roll/291557): 6d6t5 1
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <05-20-15/1056:47>
Can Clem act on that information, Crossbow?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <05-20-15/1142:47>
Crossbow: I'm currently checking and writing from my phone, so Rolling dice is not possible at the moment.  If you need a rol from me, can you please do it, or else want until saturday evening (Europeanen time) when I'm back home.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <05-20-15/1227:03>
Can Clem act on that information, Crossbow?

Absolutely, Clem has a held action, she can act, O'Connor can too, but since he missed the rolls, all he can react to is the side door.

Crossbow: I'm currently checking and writing from my phone, so Rolling dice is not possible at the moment.  If you need a rol from me, can you please do it, or else want until saturday evening (Europeanen time) when I'm back home.

You will have to wait until after the heavies act, but since you are astrally perceiving, you will not even need to roll.  I will include a description of what you see after they take actions, since we are still at initiative 12.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <05-20-15/1945:29>
In that case, Clem will shoot a quick message to at least give her teammates a heads up. I'll wait for Necro to act first though.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <05-21-15/0246:39>
If I have understudy the plan correctst, the people on the street can't see the main entrance.  I'm not sure if any of the others has moed, but Sammy can only see the Side entrance.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <05-21-15/1046:17>
Given the map our GM put together, does it really make sense for Clem to send the foot troops to the front door? We'd have to go past the side door & around a corner to get there...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <05-21-15/1816:02>
I concur,  Hydro, if you are looking at the map, the front of the building is the double door entrance on the side furthest from the street.   It is the side entrance that the car has LOS on.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <05-21-15/1843:00>
My mistake, wasn't paying attention. I'll edit my post.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <05-23-15/1426:06>
Sorry for delays Memorial Day Vacation, limited time online 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <05-26-15/1845:10>
For being on the roof and only poking her head out, does Clem get any cover, whether it's partial or good? I'll let you decide on the modifiers and/or armour that applies here before making my rolls.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <05-27-15/0103:26>
Snow has Init of 10 so will be among the last to move.  When it is her turn she will get her pistol out and try to clear her head.   Is the protocol to wait until we are down to her init to post in IC?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <05-27-15/0610:47>
I am going to say no to the cover, partially because it is an action to use the lip of the roof for cover and you couldn't see where the shooter was until he fired, and partially because you are prepping to throw a grenade.

Yes, you should wait to post IC Mercy. especially being at the bottom of the order.  The situation could change drastically.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <05-27-15/1426:04>
With all the hold actions, are we basically at the top of round 1, ip 1?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <05-27-15/1506:46>
With all the hold actions, are we basically at the top of round 1, ip 1?

Yes, we have only reached init 11 on IP 1, but most of both sides are at 10 or 11.

Speaking of which, once Clem does her defensive choices and rolls and any actions she takes otherwise.  I can let farothel know that Sammy (who is astrally perceiving) can see that someone has come out the side door crouching, and is moving between the parked cars by that door.  If she tells O'Connor, you will be able to act.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <05-27-15/1549:21>
I will, as soon as it's my turn to do something.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <05-28-15/1000:07>
Okay, unless I tell you otherwise, the goons are using Predator IVs, so damage is 5P with -1 AP and you soak both hits.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <05-29-15/0239:41>
Crossbow: can I shoot a stunbolt on the one I see, or not?
If yes, I'll do that and adapt my post (I can still talk, so it shouldn't be a problem to warn people).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <05-29-15/2317:13>
I don't see any modifiers to casting while astrally perceiving, and when you start to run up the guy will stand up far enough to see you coming, so you will have LOS., go ahead and roll your spell.

Necro, where exactly is O'Connor running to?  The fence?  Into the lot towards the car or the door?  what is the plan here?  I may have over done the size of the street a little bit, but you are definitely going to be out in the open at the end of 27 m of straight running.

If anyone feels it is useful to do so, feel free to modify and repost the map to accomodate your movement.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <05-30-15/0220:28>
For now he's making a beeline for where he heard the gunshots come from, and I plan on him being out of cover to draw attention away from the others.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <05-30-15/0839:35>
I don't see any modifiers to casting while astrally perceiving, and when you start to run up the guy will stand up far enough to see you coming, so you will have LOS., go ahead and roll your spell.

I've modified my post and added the spell.  The guy can roll willpower against it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <06-01-15/1055:37>
Snow rolls initiative for the next turn. 

Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/296190): 9d6t5+9 11

I will wait for my turn to act.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-01-15/1127:23>
Your initiative doesn't change between passes.  We are top of the order for the second pass, though Torley can still take actions he will be at -2 for any rolls for running.

(order is O'Connor, Clem, Sammy, Snow)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <06-01-15/1233:16>
Full defense eats my ip2 actions. Next up.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <06-01-15/2327:52>
I know my turn is coming up.  If nothing happens and I do go into the matrix at that point, I think I will then get 4 IP.  Three for Hot Sim and another for my enhancers.  Initiative will be the same number for all passes.  My cybercombat skill is defaulted from logic so is 3.  My commlink is response 4 and firewall 4 and my basic attack is also 4.  If this is correct I may be getting this.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <06-02-15/0129:08>
MM, I don't think there's much more Snow can do on the club's node, so I would suggest Snow try to disrupt any smartlink/tacnets or anything of the sort the other team might have. If not, disrupt their communications and prevent them from getting the whole picture of the fight.

Just my opinion though. If there's nothing to be done on that end, an extra gun is always welcome ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <06-02-15/0135:51>
OK.  My understanding of the matrix needs some work.  I had thought that anything using wireless has its own node and I have been told there are no nodes out.  So does that mean no wireless guns or commlinks?  Or am I really misunderstanding the matrix?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <06-02-15/0425:26>
The gun or smartlink or whatever would be slaved to their commlink, so if you hack that, you would be able to mess around with anything that is connected to that. Again, their link themselves could be slaved to something else, which would make Snow's job harder :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <06-02-15/1019:21>
Sure, like if your commlinks are slaved to mine they would have to fight the strongest firewall and defensive programs, which should be mine in this case.  So they could also be doing that.  But my question is how do I "see" the commlink or smartlinked gun?  Is it a node of its own that I can see on the matrix?  If so, I should be able to go hot sim and see the things out there, right?  Then attack them directly to gain access and control.  Is doing that similar to what I had to do to hack the building node?  The rules seem to focus on slipping into and getting information from nodes like what I was trying to do, but do not really say anything about just working on a single thing like a commlink or gun.  Is it handled the same?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <06-02-15/1326:40>
Quick question: can I still see the guy I dropped the stunbolt on?  If yes, I'll do it again, otherwise I'll duck behind a car and look for another target I can see.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <06-02-15/1843:16>
Same principle :) Unless they're running on stealth mode, then you'd have to work a bit harder to find it ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-02-15/2025:09>
Okay, let me step in and offer some advice.

1) You can search out individual PANs, but in general, these are like fireflies, or maybe ants, in the matrix, so they are usually are beneath your normal notice.

2) You can definitely go after one of the goons' PAN, but it is a risk/reward thing. or probably more of a effort/result thing.  There will not be a huge combat advantage to doing so in most cases.  Maybe you can shut down a gun for a second, or snarl up his cyberware, but that is after passes of breaking in and issuing commands, and that is ONE GUY.  If they have a combat net of some kind, (not likely) you would have to go after that spider again.  You could go after their comms, but right now they are shouting at each other and you can't do much about that.

3) Snow is a jack-of-all-trades with some good hacking gear, when the lead starts flying in a fight she should be shooting back, not fooling around to limited effect in Hot Sim.

4)  ;D ;D ;D   STOP TAKING ORDERS FOR WHAT TO DO IN THE MATRIX FROM A TEAM OF PEOPLE WHO YOU WERE TOLD BY FIONN WERE BARELY ABLE TO WORK THEIR COMMLINKS!   ;D ;D ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-02-15/2026:03>
PS Feel free to revise your IC post and actions
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-02-15/2030:04>
Quick question: can I still see the guy I dropped the stunbolt on?  If yes, I'll do it again, otherwise I'll duck behind a car and look for another target I can see.

Yes, you can, be sure to add the running mod to your spellcasting if you are move more than walking distance.  Also, because this matter to Sammy and Torley, you guys, because of the angle, can use the chainlink fence for cover from the side door attackers.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <06-02-15/2139:17>
Torley's in favor of cover. :D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <06-03-15/0056:29>
Thank you for the good advice.  I will delete that post and wait for my turn.  I already have the gun out to support Clem.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <06-03-15/0120:22>
Quick question: can I still see the guy I dropped the stunbolt on?  If yes, I'll do it again, otherwise I'll duck behind a car and look for another target I can see.

Yes, you can, be sure to add the running mod to your spellcasting if you are move more than walking distance.  Also, because this matter to Sammy and Torley, you guys, because of the angle, can use the chainlink fence for cover from the side door attackers.

I'm not going to do more than my walking distance, as I don't have to.  Just move to a spot with a bit more cover to blast away.  If I can see them from here, I don't see a need to come much closer.  In combat Sammy has one rule: if you can see it, you can hit it.  If you can hit it, you can kill it (or stun, as the case might be)  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <06-03-15/2224:06>
Judging by the initiative table, Snow follows Sammy since Sam does not have a second IP.  My judgement of the distance is that Snow cannot  walk there and shoot so she wil be ready for the next turn since this is her last IP.  ISshe able to use her image link to see what Clem is seeing?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-04-15/1229:42>
You can move the distance easily enough, but if you want to take advantage of cover remember you have a modifier of -2 to deal with when you shoot.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-04-15/1946:58>
Okay, O'Connor abort his 3rd pass to dodge so we have four things left in the round.

Sammy's defense of the bullets.

Snow, if she is going to, shooting someone in the front.

Clem's third pass
then O'Connor "going offensive" in his fourth pass.

Did I miss anything?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <06-04-15/2152:26>
OK.  I thought the distance was greater.  Snow will take the shot as she gets to the edge of the roof.

Shoot (http://orokos.com/roll/297715): 9d6t5 5

Not too bad.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-04-15/2239:20>
No, not too bad, but you didn't do the shoot from cover modifier so you basically just stood up on the roof to get that shot.  Also, you are firing a Predator right?  Semi-Auto, you get two shots per pass, just like the goons.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <06-04-15/2254:23>
OK.  Took a second shot.  Pretty good this time as well.  I am on vacation and do not have access to my books, so I am not familiar with the gun's damage.  Hopefully these shots have made an impact.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-04-15/2319:11>
No problem
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <06-05-15/0146:25>
Sammy's defense of the bullets.

Did I miss anything?

I've done my rolls.  I don't have any edge left, as I had to use it all to make sure I survived this (mental note to self: next time we get karma, buy up edge).  And I still took 4P damage.  I think I'll have to invest some in reaction as well, not to mention dodge.  Or in summoning, so I can get high force spirits and let them do the fighting while I stay in cover.

EDIT: which reminds me, when do we get some more karma? :)  Last time we got that if I have noted correctly was after we got back from that little trip to the Salish mountains, about 2 years IRL time ago. :)  Time sure as hell flies :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <06-08-15/0311:18>
I'm done for this combat round.  Anybody else needs to do something?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <06-08-15/0643:26>
Snow has used both of her IP.  Can she tell if her shots had any effect?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-08-15/1547:38>
Thanks for the prod, I will get something up soon.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <06-08-15/1848:21>
Second turn for Clem. Initiative 〜 Reaction 7 + Intuition 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/298843): 11d6t5 2 No glitches.

So that's 13 for Clem.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <06-08-15/2142:58>
I thought one of us had 4IP.  Are we done with that?

Initiative for second round is Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/298893): 9d6t5+9 13
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <06-08-15/2209:47>
I know Sam only gets one IP. :)

Second round initiative; since this is his first since combat actually started, his CP is kicking in: Initiative (CP) (http://orokos.com/roll/298898): 4d6t5 1, total of 8.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <06-08-15/2306:36>
Already completed my fourth IP.

Reation 8 + Intuition 3 = Pool 11
Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/298909): 11d6t5 5
Total: 16
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <06-09-15/0215:08>
Sammy:7D6E5 → 4( (5, 2, 4, 6, 6, 2, 5→ 4 successes against 5) )#initiative (https://rolz.org/info?X1990072)
initiative 9, 2IP
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <06-09-15/0726:26>
Coooooool.  Snow is waiting her turn.  She has 2IP, I believe.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-09-15/2033:32>
Here is the new map, with adjusted positions based on posts. 

Order is:

O'Conner
Clem
Snow
Sammy
Torley
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-10-15/0642:02>
Okay judging by the posts of the fastest two of you, this seems to be a movement round,  Clementine, if she makes an athletics roll at a -2d6, can reach the ground without incident and be in a position where she can move through the door next round.  Since O'Connor isn't running (based on a suppressive fire roll that DIDN'T include a running modifier) He can be at the door as well.  Since I don't see Sammy or Torley suddenly breaking into a run and diving though the door into the club ahead of the heavies, are you all just trying to readjust to hit the door as a group next round?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <06-10-15/0726:51>
For me, yes.  I'm going to check on the guy I dropped with my stunbolts, which incidentally should give me cover if someone comes out of the side door.  I'll make a post to that effect.  Unless that's the region the suppressive fire went, because I'm not going to run into that. :)  I may be dumb, but I'm not that dumb. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <06-10-15/1125:30>
More asking the other players than declaring any intentions: should Clem throw in another flash bang inside or just try and storm the door so they don't lock us out? Or maybe even drop next to the door, throw her grenade in and block the door from closing? Obviously that would require a few rolls.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <06-10-15/1134:51>
Sam's not thinking much right now; he's just going to follow Sammy to the car and hope that it provides him cover while he tries to pull himself back together.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <06-10-15/1258:01>
@Crossobow: Suppressive fire is a complex action, so no, I can't run and fire like that at the same time. Yes, I want to get through that side door as soon as possible

@HydroRaven: Storm the door, so that she and O'Connor can pincer attack the interior
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-10-15/1352:21>
@HydroRaven: Storm the door, so that she and O'Connor can pincer attack the interior
More asking the other players than declaring any intentions: should Clem throw in another flash bang inside or just try and storm the door so they don't lock us out? Or maybe even drop next to the door, throw her grenade in and block the door from closing? Obviously that would require a few rolls.

Okay, clarifying, Hydro is saying Clem should go for the SIDE door and chuck in a grenade (basically blind firing), Necro is thinking she is still working on the front, which Clem knows is closed, probably locked.  I don't think the pincer is happening.


I am still thinking you guys are all getting ready to rush the side at this point, yes?  Movement wise, as long as Clem uses the -2 mod for her climb and grenade chucking, she can reach the door, O'Connor will reach the door at the end of this round.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <06-10-15/1424:23>
...  ??? ... :o

Warning! Evil GM detected! Warning!

I don't want to ruin Crossbow's fun, so I'm not going to be specific about what I think is going to happen, but...this could be really bad.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <06-10-15/1923:03>
Yeah, the front door is most probably locked and would require a lot more effort to get open than for Clem to just run back to the side door and do her thing there. Obviously she won't just jump in front of O'Connor's bullets and would wait for him to stop firing for a moment before getting close to the door.

@Crossbow

Is there a physical lock we can see on the hatch? How difficult would it be for Snow to find the lock if it connected to the Matrix and work on it?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-11-15/1202:14>
If there is a Matrix connected lock, to get at it Snow would would have to access the node again, which is on alert and find it.  There is no lock on the outside of the hatch, but if she is really keen to get in that way, Mercy M can give me a Perception roll to examine it
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <06-11-15/1235:06>
Snow examines the hatch.  Examine hatch (http://orokos.com/roll/299865): 6d6t5 1  Not a good roll, but no glitch.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <06-11-15/1430:33>
How open are the side doors, can O'Connor see in?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <06-11-15/1529:30>
How would I deal with shooting at the points on the hatch I have seen? 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <06-11-15/1855:45>
If O'Connor has stopped firing, Clem will make her way down next to the door, chuck her grenade in and keep her foot in the door's arc so that the occupants can't easily close the door.

Acrobatic Landing 〜 Agility 7 + Athletics Group 2 - Difficulty 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/300002): 7d6t5 1 close call but no glitches. So I'll edge reroll misses. Edge Reroll (http://orokos.com/roll/300003): 6d6t5 2 So that's 3 hits altogether.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-11-15/2048:01>
How open are the side doors, can O'Connor see in?

Door, singular.  Front doors, plural.  Side door, singular

Very open, the goons had to open it pretty far to draw a bead on you last round, and absorbing two actions worth of assault rifle fire means it will not close properly ever again, even if it could be pulled to, which would take effort considering the top hinge is gone.

You can't see much inside the room, the lights are off. Just what I told you in the IC post.

If O'Connor has stopped firing, Clem will make her way down next to the door, chuck her grenade in and keep her foot in the door's arc so that the occupants can't easily close the door.

Acrobatic Landing 〜 Agility 7 + Athletics Group 2 - Difficulty 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/300002): 7d6t5 1 close call but no glitches. So I'll edge reroll misses. Edge Reroll (http://orokos.com/roll/300003): 6d6t5 2 So that's 3 hits altogether.

Save the edge, one hit is sufficient  You will be able to reach the door at the end of your turn, so chucking the grenade will have to be your third action.  Necro hasn't stated whether 1 action worth of suppressive fire is all he will do.

How would I deal with shooting at the points on the hatch I have seen? 

As normal, they can't dodge :)  You will basically work your damage against the barrier rating to blow the mechanism off.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <06-11-15/2140:20>
Cool.  Snow will act on that in her initiative order.  She is third in the order.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <06-12-15/0130:53>
Okay, I'm confused.  This jumping and grenade throwing, is that still this round or already the next one?

the next round, I can throw in a fireball.  That should light up the place :)
Or if the two heavy hitters are taking the side door, maybe guard the front door (Torley can also do that) in case they run out that way.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <06-12-15/0150:13>
Necro hasn't stated whether 1 action worth of suppressive fire is all he will do.
That kind of depends on how you handle suppressive fire for multi-IP characters. Every GM I've known has had their own house rules on the matter. If it's RAW, I'm going to only use it for the first IP, and hold O'Connor's actions until after Clem goes.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <06-12-15/0251:32>
I would suggest that since Snow is going for the hatch, Torley and Sammy should keep behind cover and keep an eye on the front door.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <06-12-15/0310:55>
I'll conjure up a spirit during the next round to help with things.  I'll think about what kind and what force during the week-end.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-12-15/1549:33>
Because of the movement involved, Clem's grenade will not be thrown until the end of round two, O'Connor's movement for the round will only carry him up to the door, but no further than that, so I am seeing them either on both sides of the doorway or stacked up on one side. 

Snow, can go ahead and shoot the rivets on one side of the hatch.

Sammy can throw a fireball in there, but if she can't see a target, it won't affect anyone except the Heavies.

If O'Connor's doing something important let me know, otherwise we are waiting for Snow as the last action of the round.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <06-13-15/0333:01>
...we are waiting for Snow as the last action of the round last action of the round.
Wait after Snow, are we at Round 3 IP 1? Or is this Round 2 IP 3?


@Hydro: Has Clem communicated in anyway to the team that she's about toss a grenade into the room?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <06-13-15/0436:23>
No she hasn't, I didn't have enough actions to do that since she asked Snow to cover the front door and the hatch. She will at the next pass.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <06-13-15/0519:03>
I'm not going to throw a fireball.  It can damage things we don't want damaged.  in Round 3, I'm going to conjure up a spirit so we have some extra magical assistance.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-13-15/0835:55>
...we are waiting for Snow as the last action of the round last action of the round.
Wait after Snow, are we at Round 3 IP 1? Or is this Round 2 IP 3?


@Hydro: Has Clem communicated in anyway to the team that she's about toss a grenade into the room?

Snow will be acting on Round 2, O'Connor will have actions remaining, but without a target you can go ahead and take them.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <06-13-15/0958:25>
Neat effect on the hatch.  Snow is out of actions for this round but intends to go after the latches next round unless something else happens.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-15-15/1553:57>
Necrogigas?  Anything significant with your other passes or do we roll initiative?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <06-16-15/0204:07>
Sorry, been slammed at work the past few days. I'll get a post up soon.

Here's the initiative roll as well.

Reaction 8 + Intuition 3 = Pool 11
Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/301359): 11d6t5 3
Total: 14
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-16-15/0228:30>
Good enough, initiative all.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <06-16-15/0831:51>
Sammy:7D6E5 → 2( (4, 1, 4, 5, 4, 5, 3→ 2 successes against 5) )#initiative (https://rolz.org/info?X2174503)

so initiative 9, 2IP.

unless something weird happens, my first IP will be to call a spirit.  As soon as I'm back at my books, I'll have a look which one.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <06-16-15/0942:49>
Sam's initiative for round 3: Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/301420): 7d6t5 3, total of 10.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <06-16-15/1206:38>
Snow initiative

Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/301466): 9d6t5+9 11
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <06-16-15/1908:56>
Clem: Initiative 〜 Reaction 7 + Intuition 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/301558): 11+11d6t5 14
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <06-16-15/1943:26>
I don't want to jump the gun, but I posted now before Necrogigas. If this doesn't work, I will delete the post.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <06-18-15/0045:53>
Snow is third this time and is waiting for the other 14 init to go.    No one has said not to, my plan is to shoot at the hinge of the hatch and perhaps go down inside.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-19-15/0856:52>
You can go ahead and take your shots, moving the cover will be your second action, it really is a large piece of metal and a little awkward for a little thing like Snow to shift out of her way.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-20-15/1309:37>
Thvor, you are up, what is Torley doing?

Then we have farothel on a spirit summon, and back to the top of the order.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <06-22-15/0246:51>
I've done my summons.  I've also rolled the spirit's resistance roll myself to speed things up.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-22-15/1319:53>
2nd passes, Snow will be wrestling with the hatch, what is going on at the side door?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <06-22-15/2210:58>
Does Snow need some sort of roll for this?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <06-23-15/0003:34>
Clem will clear the storage room (or what looks like a storage room) first before moving on past the curtain.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-23-15/0219:49>
Does Snow need some sort of roll for this?

Actually, I would prefer if she didn't.  :)  I figure taking a full action to carefully shift away the hatch would give you enough positive pool modifiers to get you up to a point where you could buy a success.  It would be really silly to have you make a roll where you have a chance to fail, or worse yet, critically glitch.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <06-24-15/0128:51>
@Crossbow: you didn't put my Air spirit guarding the front door on the map.  Given the movement rates in the astral, it's there almost instantaneous.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-24-15/0735:25>
Didn't want to clutter it up, I will include it in the next one.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <06-24-15/1012:19>
Snow has now completed all of her IP and is waiting for the next round, hoping to hear if she should go down the opening.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-25-15/1354:37>
Waiting on Clem and O'Connor to complete their extra passes in Round 2.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <06-25-15/1419:59>
waiting for Hydro
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <06-26-15/0021:25>
Sorry for the delay, that should eat up Clem's pass.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <06-26-15/0139:32>
I've also done my pass already.  I'm just moving which would eat up my whole pass, so that should be okay.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <06-26-15/0142:39>
Initiative for next round
Reation 8 + Intuition 3 = Pool 11
Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/304107): 11d6t5 3
Total: 14
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <06-26-15/0915:18>
Sam's initiative, round 3:
7d6.hits(5)=3 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4822121/), total of 10.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <06-26-15/1002:20>
Snow's initiative, round 3:

Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/304137): 9d6t5+9 11
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-26-15/1357:17>
Okay, just so I have a clear understanding of things, I am guessing that Clem is going to clear the storage room and move into the room beyond while every one else moves into the dressing room and waits with O'Connor covering the curtain, and Snow holding on the roof.

O'Connor is, at this point, unsuccessful at hearing anything useful in the room beyond, there is music playing somewhere in the room and it is difficult to hear anything over that.  Snow can also hear the music where she is.

Am I in the right here?  Or is O'Connor (I am assuming ;) ) going to screw up the plan?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <06-26-15/1414:39>
I'm just going to follow Clem and O'Connor and give magical support.

initiative (7d6.hits(5)=1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4822178/)
initiative 8, 2 IP.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <06-26-15/1524:43>
O'Connor's being good...for now.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <06-28-15/2102:31>
That's the plan :)

Also Clem's next initiative. Initiative 〜 Reaction 7 + Intuition 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/304554): 11+11d6t5 15 no glitches, so that's 15.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-29-15/2227:23>
It takes a few seconds to clear the storage room, so the whole team is basically on held actions when the screaming starts  (including Clem).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <06-30-15/0133:26>
I'm last in the initiative order anyways, so I'm just following (let the others take the bullets this time). :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <06-30-15/0154:30>
If she has time, Clem will hurry to the far end of the opposing door frame and point her firearm at the entrance, in order to get the drop on anyone that might be attracted by the screams. She will also let the others know what the situation is.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-30-15/0314:14>
You can,  You aren't doing anything about the screaming?  Anyone else acting on it?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <06-30-15/0327:28>
Do we need to act in initiative order?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <06-30-15/0353:01>
You can,  You aren't doing anything about the screaming?  Anyone else acting on it?

As soon it's my turn in the init order, I'll go there and see what I can do.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-30-15/0431:00>
Do we need to act in initiative order?

Not necessarily, until we have clear action against an enemy or each other, the system kind of breaks down.  It is even worse in your case, being physically separated from the group.  I don't want people trying to do multiple actions, but a general idea of intent is necessary here.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-30-15/0435:09>
You can,  You aren't doing anything about the screaming?  Anyone else acting on it?

As soon it's my turn in the init order, I'll go there and see what I can do.

Okay, if no one else has a specific action, we will jump ahead a few seconds and you can post that action.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <06-30-15/0539:58>
O'Connor's staying in position.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <06-30-15/0605:47>
post done.  If I have to roll something, let me know and I'll add it in.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <06-30-15/2322:20>
I don't think we will need a roll from Sammy just yet, though I would be ready if you can to support any efforts on Torley's part that you can.

Speaking of Torley, his will be the next IC post I will want to see, unless O'Conner or Snow chose to act on their own devices in the INCREDIBLY long time it will take for Torley to cross the building.  (FIVE WHOLE SECONDS!  WHAT AN ETERNITY!  ;)  )
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <07-01-15/0106:20>
Clem's order to attack happens after Torley gets to her, so I'm waiting to post
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <07-01-15/0157:47>
Snow is waiting to post as requested.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-01-15/1559:46>
Okay, so Torley getting beat up by girls is actually happening after/as O'Connor was getting his instructions, so we need to address that part of what is going on, especially considering the fact that Clem and O'Connor could probably kill the rest of the security and still have time to come back and save Sam from getting hurt too badly. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <07-01-15/1637:46>
...O'Connor was getting his instructions, so we need to address that part of what is going on...
I need to know what's on the other side of the curtain to give a post longer than, "O'Connor stepped through the curtain."
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-01-15/1724:11>
Three large stages and tiered auditorium seating. The stages are T-shaped platforms, six meters long and six meters wide, with poles every three meters. The auditorium seating is not very private, though the lights all focus on the stage. Beside each seat is a small, round table for drinks. On either side is a four-meter-long bar where trid projectors display miniature versions of the stages so no one misses the action.

Through the open door you can see stairs going up to the second floor.  The x's on the map are all similar looking security goons taking good advantage of the plentiful cover, except for the guy behind the upper bar.  He is also armed, but not as buff as the others.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-01-15/2235:23>
Wait, am I mistaken or did Clem just fire two bursts from an assault rifle into a melee involving teammates, AROUND another teammate, in near darkness?  I must be going crazy, I am sure what she actually did was back-up O'Conner in the main room.  I am going to take a nap and come back later, I think I am seeing things.

HINT! HINT! HINT!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <07-02-15/0841:41>
Alright alright, fair enough, I'll change my post and say she fired (missed) inside the room instead.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <07-02-15/0924:38>
Just give a warning shot into the air (ceiling).  That should work as well.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <07-02-15/0933:28>
I am going away for the weekend and it is unlikely that the small cabin I am in will have an internet connection.  Back on Monday.  If you guys need to move the story on, please use Snow as you need to.  Someone else might roll better than me, anyway.  LOL.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <07-02-15/1755:29>
Have a nice trip MM!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <07-03-15/0217:29>
Looks like the cabin has improved a bit from last year.  I have a connection but do not know how good it is.  Let me know if you need Snow to act.  The sound of massive gunfire is about to get her to go down the hatch anyway and let Clem hurt her later.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-03-15/0714:56>
Well, with everyone holding actions, it is kind of confusing, but I am basically working on the assumption of everyone in there first pass at the moment, so let's get actions from Sammy and Torley.  Snow can act in there too if she wishes to.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <07-03-15/0723:46>
I'm after Torley, so I'm going to wait to see if he can handle it, or if I have to jump in with a stunbolt.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <07-03-15/1144:35>
Snow hears the volleys of gunfire and sends a message.  >>Clem.  Snow.  I can come down the hatch.  Just waiting for the word.<<
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-03-15/1146:47>
Predator IV is 5P, -1AP, so the reroll kept you from getting hurt.

Necro, I felt bad for a minute throwing that many attacks your way.  Never again :)  Just make sure you don't suffer from Glass Jawed Ninja Syndrome.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-06-15/1607:01>
Okay we are waiting on actions for Sammy and Torley, and for Clem to give Snow (holding an action) a response.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <07-06-15/1615:10>
I'm waiting for Torley to see if I have to help him or go the other way and help the two others.  Also in initiative I'm behind everybody.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <07-06-15/1632:18>
Sorry, was busy all weekend. Will post something momentarily.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <07-06-15/2155:31>
Sam's composure: 8d6.hits(5)=2 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4826258/)

GM gets to pick the threshold (which is +1 compared to what it would be for all you "normal" people), but I suspect that Sam's not going to keep it together.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-07-15/0216:16>
yep, that is a blown roll, feel free to enjoy yourself :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <07-09-15/0114:03>
Great visual on what Sam is going through.  Snow is holding her actions until Clem calls for her or someone else tells her that Clem is down and cannot give orders.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-09-15/0759:43>
Since O'Conner aborted to a dodge, it is now Clem's action. 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <07-09-15/0822:37>
I've made a small change to my post.  The invisibility spell is only force 3, otherwise I can't put it in my sustaining focus (which I had forgotten about) and then I'm at -2 for all other rolls and I don't want that.  It doesn't change any of the rolls, so that shouldn't be a problem.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <07-10-15/1125:00>
FYI, I'm going to be at a cub scout camp next week (Sunday-Saturday). I'll have internet access through my phone, so I'll be able to keep up with the story, but won't have access to my character sheet. At our current pace, I don't think that'll be an issue, especially since Sam's...occupied. 8) But if things advance (and Crossbow allows Sam to recover), I'll probably just post what Sam does and let Crossbow roll for him.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <07-10-15/1153:35>
Have fun.  I'll make sure Sam survives, or if he doesn't, his death is meaningful (if someone looks through the invisibility, I'm going to need some extra shields) :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <07-13-15/0314:03>
I've done my second action for this IP and I'm done for the round.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-13-15/0943:58>
Sorry guys, school deadline this weekend, getting caught up.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <07-13-15/0952:37>
no worries.  I just acted as I was separate from the others (except Torley, but he won't do much) and it was my last action.

Also, as FYI: I will be moving next week Monday and I'm not sure if my internet will be hooked up already that day.  Since Tuesday is our national holiday, if it's not done on Monday, I won't be coming back online before Wednesday (at work).  Normally the guy from the ISP will be there on Monday, but things can go wrong, so if I'm suddenly not there for a couple of days, don't be alarmed.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <07-13-15/1009:41>
Even if Torley weren't...occupied...he only gets one pass, so he's done for the round.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <07-13-15/1849:05>
We'll anxiously wait for you on Monday Farothel ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <07-16-15/0253:13>
Did I miss something?  I hope we are not waiting on me?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-17-15/2230:21>
Nope, rough week for me, I am coming up for air now and I will post the badguys rolls and actions in the morning.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-19-15/2226:02>
Okay, so O'Conner aborted his third to dodge again, so Clem can go ahead with hers and O'Conner can do his fourth.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <07-19-15/2335:02>
Did I get my held action to shoot the goon?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-20-15/1103:15>
You did, I will get the body roll up soon.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <07-21-15/0004:25>
Snow's initiative for next combat turn.  Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/310251): 9d6t5+9 13  2 IP.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <07-21-15/0128:56>
Initiative (11d6.hits(5)=4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4833878/)
Total: 15
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <07-21-15/0253:16>
initiative for Sammy:
initiative 7 (7d6.hits(5)=4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4833887/)
so that's 11 in total, 2IP.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <07-21-15/0654:12>
Clem's next initiative:

Initiative 〜 Reaction 7 + Intuition 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/310282): 11+11d6t5 13 not great, but at least no glitches.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <07-21-15/0935:14>
Given Sam's condition, I'm going to roll composure and initiative:

8d6.hits(5)=0, 7d6.hits(5)=1 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4833973/)

... :o That's...a critical glitch on composure. :-\ I'll use a third point of edge (wow, Sam's luck is failing him right now) to downgrade that to a normal glitch, but Sam's probably not going to be much help for a while, even with that.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <07-21-15/1016:46>
Snow will try to shoot the goon again if he is still in sight on her turn.  I do not know the initiative of the goon so do not know if I go first.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <07-22-15/0153:33>
At what IP will O'Connor make it to the bar? And what's the threshold for a gymnastics test to roll over the countertop?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <07-22-15/0715:00>
I'll be busy for the next few days so in order not to block anything I rolled for Clem even though I don't know where in the initiative she is. If anybody goes before her and it affects her turn, I'll just rewrite my entry.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-22-15/1008:37>
Is Clem shooting the same guy as before?  If so you will need to apply blind fire, he ducked completely out of sight when he was shot the first time.

You 3rd IP should include the movement over the bar.  It is a low threshold, like 2, how well you roll will decide your tactical positioning. 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <07-22-15/1010:49>
Ooops.  Sorry.  I had thought that we were into the next round already. 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-22-15/1204:34>
We are, you fine Mercy.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <07-22-15/1257:04>
I'm going to wait until I see what those women try to do.  They shouldn't be able to see me, but that doesn't mean they can't try funny stuff.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-22-15/1349:01>
They won't, the one girl is a bleeding mess, the other 3 are either freaking out or trying to help her or both.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-22-15/1350:55>
Hold up Necro, faro and the bad guys have actions first.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <07-22-15/1400:10>
Not ahead of me they don't, I've got initiative 15 this round. Hydro and Mercy are the ones that have posted out of turn.

This is IP4 of last round (http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=16293.msg386636#msg386636)

This is IP1 of current round (http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=16293.msg386990#msg386990)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <07-22-15/2213:57>
Very sorry.  I did think that the first long wide burst was the first action of the current round, not the last one of the previous round, so went after Clem.  Do you want me to delete the post and roll again?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-22-15/2331:35>
Not ahead of me they don't, I've got initiative 15 this round. Hydro and Mercy are the ones that have posted out of turn.

This is IP4 of last round (http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=16293.msg386636#msg386636)

This is IP1 of current round (http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=16293.msg386990#msg386990)

Yep, you right, my bad, Mercy, keep the rolls, you are essentially a separate fight.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <07-22-15/2354:29>
Cool.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <07-23-15/0130:41>
Yes, same guy, so you can remove the dice from the rolls.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <07-25-15/1816:46>
Who've we stalled out on?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-25-15/1953:00>
Who've we stalled out on?

farothel, first pass in the new round
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <07-26-15/0143:42>
Whew!  I keep thinking it is me.  LOL
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <07-26-15/0249:57>
Who've we stalled out on?

farothel, first pass in the new round

Sorry, with the move and all that I've not checked for some time.

I'm just going to peek around the door to see what's going on for my first pass.  I'm not going to run into a room where people are using auto fire.

EDIT: if I have to make a perception roll to see what's going on, let me know.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <07-26-15/1934:01>
So I guess now Clem's goon is out of cover?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <07-27-15/0347:40>
Did Snow's shot have any effect?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-27-15/1452:19>
So I guess now Clem's goon is out of cover?

No, he is staying down.  He is hurt to badly to keep fighting.
Did Snow's shot have any effect?

Sorry, forgot about the second floor
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-27-15/1528:11>
Clem took 1P and O'Connor 2P and a doberman pincher is now hanging from his arm by the jaws.  Once I post about the second floor we can move to second passes unless Sammy does anything with her held action.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <07-27-15/1545:04>
Crossbow, did you want to do anything with Sam's composure glitch, or should I make something up for it?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-27-15/1608:04>
I figure taking you out of the action and puking your guts out was sufficient, but if you want to get creative, feel free. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <07-28-15/0027:52>
May I ask a question to clarify what happened?  it looks like Snow scored 1 net hit on the goon and he only soaked 2 hits of the six. which would normally mean 4 damage boxes to go with what he had taken last IP, which I think was 3.  Was all of that factored in for his shots back at Snow or am I reading something wrong in this?  it is not that I do not want to make the dodge and soak rolls, but is just seems that the goon is still shooting like he was at full.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <07-28-15/0302:54>
Damage 2 - Soak 4 = Total Damage 6
Total Damage 6 - Net 2 = DV 4
And unless I'm missing some variable, my character got bit by a dog with a bite force equal in destructive power to a handgun.

Dark is the day when the GM screen is torn asunder for all to see beyond its veil. Tragic be the realization that the such petty mortal trappings such as game mechanics and the casting of the die matters not to the GM. With this bitter revelation, the magic of our vast multitude of worlds die Mercy. Advert thy gaze from this somber truth and doubt not your lord GM. Bury away this knowledge, lest the GM lay thou character low.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <07-28-15/0418:41>
Time to help the combat without actually killing people.  That's it for my first pass and if I'm not mistaken, I'm the last of the PCs in the initiative order.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <07-28-15/1017:57>
LOL  OK.  Good point. 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-28-15/1028:43>
Not to say I can't make mistakes, but I like your reasoning Necrogigas :)

It is very difficult sometimes to keep track of the wound modifiers on 8 or 9 identical goons, I will double check it and let you know.

Thanks for keeping me honest.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <07-28-15/1034:07>
I like the reasoning, too.  I should not have doubted the GM as there are lots of reasons why the shot was as it was, including a second goon showing up as the first crawled away to heal himself.  Snow dodged both hits.  Ready for the next IP.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-28-15/1056:26>
Unless people are really antsy and bloodthirsty *looking at O'Conner meaningfully* the illusion will end the fight quickly.  We can move out of rounds post normal actions.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <07-28-15/1148:55>
That was the general idea of casting said illusion.  Now we have people who can answer our questions. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-28-15/1453:12>
Just thought I would point out, with O'Connor's casual attitude about death of the foe, while the goons are bleeding out, the two (three?) that you filled the monitor for are not yet dead.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <07-28-15/1515:31>
Post edited from dead to dying. O'Connor's sure as drek not going to lend a helping hand.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <07-29-15/0000:33>
Will the goon upstairs get the message?

LOL  Should have read the IC first.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-29-15/1034:31>
Not really sure if a heal spell can stabilize, but once Snow is freed up, there is still time to keep them from dying regardless.  Anyone know of any errata on this?  The RAW is not very clear.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <07-29-15/1425:58>
Not really, but I thought that if I healed some boxes of damage, they would at least stabilize, even though they would still need major assistance later.  That's how it works in most roleplay games with healing spells.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <07-29-15/1456:13>
Crossbow, do you want any rolls for Sam getting himself together? Or should we just go with it?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-29-15/1757:00>
No rolls, once everything has calmed down, you are the only one who needs to wear your shame.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <07-30-15/0243:39>
Do I have to roll a search check?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <07-30-15/0249:30>
Does the second story security goon surrender so that Snow and Clem can join the others?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <07-30-15/0312:59>
No rolls, once everything has calmed down, you are the only one who needs to wear your shame.  :)

And I have removed all or at least most of the blood. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <07-30-15/2134:23>
Do I have to roll a search check?

Nope, the goons don't really have anything of real value beyond the obvious.  Cheap jewelery, some media chips, funky sunglasses, other crap.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <07-31-15/0116:13>
Do I have to roll a search check?

Nope, the goons don't really have anything of real value beyond the obvious.  Cheap jewelery, some media chips, funky sunglasses, other crap.
How many bullets did O'Connor gather from the guns?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <07-31-15/0827:27>
I've added a post.  I'm not sure if I have to roll something to look at a new site or on Pito for what's currently going on.

Torley: time to do your kind of magic and talk everything out of them.  As reminder: we traced the video feeds taken at the hotel to this roof, so there has to be something here.  they might not know about it though, but one of them probably does. :)

EDIT: I also might be on erratically during the week-end.  A lot of things planned. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <08-02-15/2046:06>
Crossbow emailed some of us to inform the group that he is having issues with the site, and thats why things are currently stalled.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <08-03-15/0345:13>
Crossbow emailed some of us to inform the group that he is having issues with the site, and thats why things are currently stalled.

I also had issues, but apparently they're solved now (at least, mine are). :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-03-15/1039:26>
I was told that Catalyst did something with a Java script that made it impossible to use the reply function.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-03-15/1213:09>
Yep, that is what happened to me, I am back now though.  Glad to know it wasn't just me :)

Future reference, I have an offsite email for Hydro, Thvor and Necro, but not forothel or Mercy.  If we something happens with the site again, I don't want to lose this group, so please send some contact info to my permanent email  crossbowrc@aol.com or facebook.com/crossbowrc


Back to game stuff:

How many bullets did O'Connor gather from the guns?

If you are really going to get that picky about about scavenging I am going to tell you they had no spare clips and tell you to count the bullets yourself, otherwise, call it, all told, one spare clip for a Predator, your choice :)

Okay I need perception actions and rolls for the folks upstairs and interrogation/intimidation actions and rolls for the ones downstairs.

EDIT:  By the way, I had already assumed you had already collected both the hogtied guy from the side and the bullet-ridden guy from the front, that guy was about to bleed out.

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <08-03-15/1240:13>
Yep, that is what happened to me, I am back now though.  Glad to know it wasn't just me :)

Future reference, I have an offsite email for Hydro, Thvor and Necro, but not forothel or Mercy.  If we something happens with the site again, I don't want to lose this group, so please send some contact info to my permanent email  crossbowrc@aol.com or facebook.com/crossbowrc

I've just sent you an email Crossbow.  I don't do Facebook, so for me it's just email.

I've also made a short post.  No rolls yet, as Sammy wouldn't know where to start with this.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <08-03-15/1435:35>
Well, crap. Sam--believe it or not--doesn't have intimidation (or the interrogation specialization), so he's going to have to default on this roll. :P

5d6.hits(5)=2 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4842069/)

...sigh...

Does he get any sort of bonus for Con's presence, having broken a woman's arm, or any such? Please? ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <08-03-15/1517:25>
How many bullets did O'Connor gather from the guns?
If you are really going to get that picky about about scavenging I am going to tell you they had no spare clips and tell you to count the bullets yourself, otherwise, call it, all told, one spare clip for a Predator, your choice :)
Predator IV 15 round clip x 8 goons = 120 Heavy Pistol rounds
120 rounds - 40 fired = 80 rounds remaining
Remaining: 5 full clips + 5 bullets in change
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-03-15/2325:15>
Oh, you wanna play?   >:( ;)


How many bullets did O'Connor gather from the guns?
If you are really going to get that picky about about scavenging I am going to tell you they had no spare clips and tell you to count the bullets yourself, otherwise, call it, all told, one spare clip for a Predator, your choice :)
Predator IV 15 round clip x 8 goons = 120 Heavy Pistol rounds
120 rounds - 40 fired = 80 rounds remaining
Remaining: 5 full clips + 5 bullets in change

You're WRONG!!!

It's 5 clips and FOUR bullets!!

Don't believe me?  Think I am being a big meanie GM?

You must have forgotten THIS:


Among the sounds coming his way, O'Connor hears a noise he immediately recognizes. The sound of a Predator IV misfeeding and the slide attempting to shear the round off in the chamber.  Pure money to a guy who fixes guns.


Read it an' weep sucka!

That round is completely worthless and incapable of being fired.  SO THERE :P



-----this message brought to by GMs a little punchy after taking a Calculus 2 final   :o ::) ;) 8)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-03-15/2340:45>
Snow rolls perception.  I am assuming this is before she slips into VR.  Perception (http://orokos.com/roll/313966): 6d6t5 2
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-04-15/0149:19>
Okay Mercy, back up.  Matrix perception does not work that way, this is going to be weird to try and explain, especially  since I am on a tablet, and trying to rack out.  Pull that IC  post for now and I will go into detail when the sun rises for me.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <08-04-15/0208:48>
Okay Mercy, back up.  Matrix perception does not work that way, this is going to be weird to try and explain, especially  since I am on a tablet, and trying to rack out.  Pull that IC  post for now and I will go into detail when the sun rises for me.

The best I think is to search in the meat for the receiver of the signal from the hotel and then physically plug into that, before going into VR.  That way you can more easily follow things and if you're lucky, you are in the system without having to hack in.  You will have limited privileges, but you can follow the information stream and try to figure out where it goes (it's the same if you physically attach yourself to a camera, you can follow the stream, but you can't do more in the system than the camera can unless you hack in from there).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-04-15/0246:24>
I agree to all of that.  I just thought that I was being asked for a perception roll before I got into the VR.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <08-04-15/0702:40>
Here's Clem's perception roll: Perception 〜 Intuition 4 + Perception 3 + Perceptive 1 + Reception Enhancer 2 + Vision Enhancement 3 + Actively Looking 3 (http://orokos.com/roll/314044): 16d6t5 4 close but no glitches.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <08-04-15/1444:18>
and here is Sammy's perception roll:
Intuition 3 + Perception 2 + Vision Enhancement 2 + Actively Looking 3 =10 (10d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4842534/)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-04-15/2109:24>
Okay, let's get into this

Snow nods.  "We are probably looking for cables that seem to disappear into the roof.  The larger ones seem to be a bit older and I do not think that they are what we need.  Look for something smaller.  I am going to try and concentrate to see if I can find the hole in the matrix that could be where the separate node is."

With that, Snow sits down on the roof and blanks out into hot sim VR.  The Snow Queen is moving through the matrix on the roof and the floors below, looking for any suggestion as to where the hidden node might be.  She is looking more where the matrix webs are not rather than where they are.

Okay, first point, I re posted my initial description of the roof, to clarify, there is nothing coming from any of the components on the roof that wasn't a coaxial cable, and there was no wireless signal on the items at all.

The roof of The Derma is nothing special.  There is an access hatch, locked from the inside, most likely, AC unit  and not much else outside of the signal receivers you already knew were here.  Now that you are up here you can see that the Cinderblock setup is not unique.  There are several more receivers placed every few feet along the roof, and there are a few transmitters you can see on building that have line of sight of the roof.

The most unusual thing is the coaxial cable that runs to all of the receivers.  It is spider-webbed all over the roof then gathered into a central hub that disappears into the building.

Next point, the way the matrix works is not the same as the way Astral Space works, there is no specific physical reflection on the matrix that would allow you to trace transmission lines or power, you can tell if an item is tied to a node, you can back track to the node, but that has no specific real world reflection that you could 'see' in any way, even if there is a commline that connects it.

Okay, now to deal with this giant pile of bad rolls.

If the two characters are coordinating an action, they both need the skill, and the 'leader' of the attempt gets a pool bonus equal to the successes that the supporters roll.  So at the present time, Sam cannot coordinate on an Intimidation attempt, because he doesn't have a skill.  This makes perfect sense by the way, Sam's skills lie in defense and deflection, the overt act of intimidation is not in his wheelhouse, except by sheer force of personality.  Especially considering he is ridiculously non-threatening.

What the perception rolls were for was to physically search the second floor to roughly determine what the rooms are and what is in them.  I will post that description and a map later tonight.
















Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <08-05-15/0101:04>
So, no dice. Any ideas on what's next besides try and find the owner/friend of Bacchus?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <08-05-15/0107:35>
We're definitely missing something here. Maybe we should just start punching holes in the walls, tearing up the carpet, see what turns up. Or could Sammy have a spirit follow the cable, maybe?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <08-05-15/0220:07>
I'm not sure if spirits can do that.  I'll have to look in my books to see what's possible.

As to the intimidation issue: play good cop, bad cop.  That shouldn't be too difficult to do. :)

EDIT: @Crossbow: can we pinpoint the exact location inside the building where the cable comes through the roof (I assume it's in the office somewhere, but that's the obvious answer).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-05-15/0702:49>
I'm not sure if spirits can do that.  I'll have to look in my books to see what's possible.

As to the intimidation issue: play good cop, bad cop.  That shouldn't be too difficult to do. :)

EDIT: @Crossbow: can we pinpoint the exact location inside the building where the cable comes through the roof (I assume it's in the office somewhere, but that's the obvious answer).

Spirits cannot follow a cable, which actually goes into the ceiling over the hallway.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <08-05-15/0806:43>
Spirits cannot follow a cable, which actually goes into the ceiling over the hallway.
Well, damn. Can Snow use those drones we picked up without a rigger interface?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <08-05-15/1411:53>
She can, but it's dangerous, as you don't know what they're programmed to do when they get activated.  They first need their memory wiped before we use them.

I've proposed something (take out just a few panels and trying to follow the cable that way).  I'm not sure if it can work, but it might be faster than ripping out the full ceiling.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-06-15/0120:39>
Okay moving chairs is going to take some effort, especially since NONE of you have higher than an average human strength, wow, just noticed that.  I also mentioned before that you really don't have proper tools for this, but you can improvise, like a katana for instance.  By the way, this is not a drop ceiling with easily moved panels, this is like stucco, or sheet rock type stuff.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <08-06-15/0123:20>
Okay moving chairs is going to take some effort, especially since NONE of you have higher than an average human strength, wow, just noticed that. 
Sound like its a good thing we got a bunch of meat head goons to order around
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <08-06-15/1017:09>
I feel like we've got to be missing something, but damned if I can figure it out.

Our goal is to find Bacchus this morning, before he goes public with that tape. We haven't had much to go on through this chase; what little we have had has led us to the roof of this strip club. None of the people inside have anything useful to offer us, or, at least, not with the way the interrogation worked out (I may be spending some karma to pick up the skill/specialty, but, well, that's a bit of "closing the barn door after the horses have bolted" in this case...). Our only lead at this point is a bit of coax cable.

We want/need to trace the cable, but don't have the time or tools to do so. Clem's earlier cuisinart routine has ruled out the possibility of Snow jacking into the receivers and following the data path to whatever's at the far end; I'm assuming she doesn't have the tools onhand to do a quick repair on the cable. Sammy can't trace it astrally, since technology doesn't have astral signatures. And I doubt any of us have the skills necessary to do something like tape a frag grenade to the ceiling and blow a hole in it without accidentally bringing the building down on top of us.

Not to mention that coax is pretty low-grade, simple stuff; anything we do to break through the drywall ceilings quickly is likely to leave fragments of wire, which will be harder to trace.

...hrm...

Of course, I've done enough home renovation to know that if the wire is run through a sheetrock wall/ceiling, that's not a "15 minutes in the dead of the night" job. That's a significant amount of work--at least a day, given the cutting, patching, waiting for the mud to dry, sanding, and painting--and someone who knows what they're looking at/for (not Sam, I'm afraid) might be able to spot patches where someone had to cut holes to run the wire and then patch them up. But given that we've already had half the team making perception rolls on the second floor, even that avenue seems closed... :-[
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-06-15/1020:48>
Yes, it does seem that we have missed something.  Probably poor perception or just not thought of the right thing yet.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-06-15/1101:03>
Clem's cuisinart routine is not what keeps Snow from using the coaxial cable to trace the signal, the fact that it is coaxial cable is what makes her unable to trace to signal.  Snow trying to hack the signal of the coax is akin to handing a master architect sand toys and telling him to build a skyscraper.  There is a basic understanding of what is needed, and the tools seems similar, but there is no way in hell he is going to be able to accomplish the job, and any effort is going to be ridiculously slow.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <08-06-15/1105:01>
Is there a door to the basement somewhere?  if the connection is not on the second floor, there's probably some extra servers in the basement.  Or at least there the cables are often exposed and easier to track.

If I need to roll to find it, please let me know.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-06-15/1114:04>
Sammy will come back down and open a few doors realizing that there isn't a basement to the building.

It is a huge effort to get the chairs where they will be useful, and the "coat rack" is actually a broken stripper pole.  The noise made is certainly enough to seem out of order to those downstairs, not to mention the time factor which is getting bigger.

You might want to get some fresh eyes upstairs, especially since they are the best eyes on the team.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <08-06-15/1220:24>
Alright, so we missed something I guess. Man, Clem's perception rolls have been really garbage recently :(
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <08-06-15/1220:41>
You might want to get some fresh eyes upstairs, especially since they are the best eyes on the team.

Shall I take that as "the strippers know nothing of any recent construction"? :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-06-15/1421:27>
Those strippers will not even talk to you, they are more scared of you than anyone else.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-07-15/0308:40>
Okay, this will take a logic+computer roll to teach the other two to operate the equipment, (4, 5 minutes)

Then Intuition+Perception (20, 15 minutes) for the group to find the chip

(BTW tic, tic, tic...)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <08-07-15/0337:13>
Here's a block of rolls for the extended test.

[spoiler=Perception Rolls]

Intuition 3 + Perception 3 = Pool 6
6d6.hits(5)=2
6d6.hits(5)=2
6d6.hits(5)=2
6d6.hits(5)=5
 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4844605/)

Using edge to re-roll misses for first roll.
Edge miss re-roll Pool 4 (4d6.hits(5)=1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4844607/)

Total of 3 hits for first roll
[/spoiler]

Mercy, faro; you two need to roll way better than I did.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <08-07-15/0745:18>
If we're looking for a chip in a whole box of them, why can't we just take the whole box and sort them out somewhere else?  Or am I missing something?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <08-07-15/0821:24>
Which is exactly Clem's question. Let's just take the whole setup and sort it out somewhere else. And Clem wants to go full Yakuza on one of the bouncers to show them the team's not messing around  ;D

If we're looking for a chip in a whole box of them, why can't we just take the whole box and sort them out somewhere else?  Or am I missing something?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <08-07-15/1050:36>
Hrm. Sam's got good perception, but do we want to risk his gremlins kicking in, especially since he's out of edge?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-07-15/1226:17>
There are two downsides that should logically occur to you with taking the gear and just leaving:

1) If you leave without the making sure you have the right data, you are basically boned for the job.  No way all this stuff doesn't get back to Bacchus and whoever this Steve guy is, they will have to figure that the Christy Daee is the reason for all this and will go to ground out of your reach or just blow the lid off it.  Either way, you will have failed.

2) This is probably a minor point for some of your characters but for others it may not be.  You remove this stuff and, legally, you have basically let the those two off the hook for all the creepy shit they have going here.  Right now, if you can find Christy's file and leave the rest, those guys will go down in a big way, and the folks (at least the girls) downstairs will make sure that happens, you can figure.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-07-15/1228:10>
Oh, yeah, forgot this...   ;)

(BTW tic, tic, tic...)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <08-07-15/1304:30>
So basically we need to get the data from the archaic hardware and track down this manager before he gets a whiff of what's going down.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-07-15/1343:14>
No, your job is to get the data and get it back to Andre Guiles.  If it isn't here, or you accidentally leave it behind somehow, you have come so far out of the shadows with this frontal assault that it would be very difficult for you to recover it otherwise in a timely manner, and there is a timetable on this job, one that you have probably impacted with this.

I know I am being kinda harsh at this point, but I wanted you to have all of the information so you can make a decision that works for your characters.  I know some of you have enough of a Robin Hood thing going on that taking the gear and running now with a chance of failure is a conflict, so is walking away from all this scummy peeping tom crap without someone going down for it.

I am building drama and keeping you guys informed, and having a lot of fun doing it.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <08-07-15/1442:41>
Lets just get mercy and faro's rolls and hope for the best. Its the only recourse we have at the moment.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-08-15/0627:08>
I am OK with looking here.  What sort of roll are you looking for?  Perception?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-08-15/0915:35>
Mercy, here are the rolls I need from you, roll wise.

Okay, this will take a logic+computer roll to teach the other two to operate the equipment, (4, 5 minutes)

Then Intuition+Perception (20, 15 minutes) for the group to find the chip

(BTW tic, tic, tic...)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-08-15/1023:29>
I posted the rolls.  Sometimes it just does not pay to roll the dice.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <08-08-15/1324:22>
I posted the rolls.  Sometimes it just does not pay to roll the dice.
Well its roll, or we fail the run. So there isn't much choice in the matter.

When you realize how few you have actually churned through you wonder if it might be worth the risk of using Torley, he seems to have a sharp eye for details.
The GM is baiting us, do not fall for it.

Quote from: Team Perception Rolls
6d6.hits(5)=2 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4844605/)
Edge miss re-roll Pool 4 (4d6.hits(5)=1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4844607/)
Total of 3 hits for first roll

Look for chip (http://orokos.com/roll/315253): 6d6t5 1

intuition 3 + perception 2 =5 (5d6.hits(5)=1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4845174/)

So that's 5/20 hits after 20 minutes, plus the 5 minutes for the explanation. faro do you have any edge left? We need to do well in the second round of rolls.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <08-08-15/1327:15>
Here's a block of rolls for the extended test.

[spoiler=Perception Rolls]

Intuition 3 + Perception 3 = Pool 6
6d6.hits(5)=2
6d6.hits(5)=2
6d6.hits(5)=2
6d6.hits(5)=5
 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4844605/)

Using edge to re-roll misses for first roll.
Edge miss re-roll Pool 4 (4d6.hits(5)=1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4844607/)

Total of 3 hits for first roll
[/spoiler]

Mercy, faro; you two need to roll way better than I did.

[spoiler]
Using Edge to re-roll misses of second roll
Edge Miss Re-roll (4d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4845191/)
Second roll total of 4
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-08-15/1459:48>
Next round.  Continue to look for chip (http://orokos.com/roll/315356): 6d6t5 4

Follow with additional rounds as needed. Next round (http://orokos.com/roll/315357): 5d6t5 2  and Continue (http://orokos.com/roll/315359): 4d6t5 3

That is three rounds of rolls and 9 more hits.  Any successes from others shod do it by then, I hope.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <08-08-15/1516:01>
Snow keeps looking, but realizes that Sam may be helpful in this.  >>Sam?  Could you come up and help look through this drek?  I am starting to naked bodies everywhere and you might be able to use fresh eyes and find it.<<

God damn it Mercy, delete that right now. I just told you, Crossbow is baiting us with that. It could only be more of an obvious trap, if there was a sign saying  "obvious trap." Crossbow has yet to fail in gleefully beating Thvor over the head with Torley's Gremlins.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-08-15/1545:05>
You are really starting to hurt my feelings Necro, it is not my fault that Thvor gives me so much material to work with.  :)

That said I am not going to kill the whole run because of one team member's quality, that would be too evil for me,...I mean, I am not Dick Cheney.  :)


Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <08-08-15/1548:43>
I'd still put you on par with Donald Rumsfeld.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-08-15/1553:50>
I'd still put you on par with Donald Rumsfeld.

My wife used to book travel for him before we met, she apparently agrees with you.   :( >:(

Anyway, I need an audio perception roll by Torley and Clem during the second timeframe of rolls.

Since I already have four rounds of rolls by Snow and B.S. farothel, please just give me the one roll.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <08-08-15/1556:37>
Here's my rolls for perception (no glitches)
intuition 3 + perception 2 =5 (5d6.hits(5)=1, 5d6.hits(5)=4, 5d6.hits(5)=0, 5d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4845330/)

and for celebrity knowledge to recognise them (again, no glitches):
intuition 3 + celebrity gossip 3 =6 (6d6.hits(5)=3, 6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4845331/)

and no, I don't have any edge left.  I want to buy it up when we next get karma.

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-08-15/1557:29>


I'm not sure if it might help, but I know a lot of people in LA (at least their faces).  So I've rolled that knowledge check as well to recognise people.
intuition 3 + celebrity gossip 3 =6 (6d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4845175/)



I will give you those successes as a pool bonus for the rest of your rolls.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-08-15/1559:12>
Bugger, okay, I guess I do this the hard way then...

(more coming, still need the perception rolls from the guys downstairs)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <08-08-15/1600:58>
Okay, I've rolled the extra ones:
extra dice =2 (2d6.hits(5)=0, 2d6.hits(5)=1, 2d6.hits(5)=2, 2d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4845334/)

so that's 1, 5, 2, 4 hits respectively.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-08-15/1620:05>
Hmmm.  T o be honest, I am not sure that Snow really knows that Sam has the Gremlins Quality.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-08-15/1625:21>
Okay, so for future reference, I am okay with some cases of doing lists of extended tests, but I am putting out there that I would like to be asked first, we okay with that?

You guys will reach the threshold at the 50 minute mark, now let's see if you are going to be able to search unmolested to that point.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <08-08-15/1656:49>
Sam's perception:

10d6.hits(5)=6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4845355/)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <08-08-15/1847:48>
Clem's perception:

Perception 〜 Intuition 4 + Perception 3 + Perceptive 1 + Reception Enhancer 2 + Audio Engancement 3 (http://orokos.com/roll/315457): 13d6t5 3 no glitches
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <08-09-15/0419:19>
not exactly what I had in mind when I said distractions, but if it works.  I had forgotten we had someone who could probably convince that police officer to give us his patrol car so we can get back to the hotel faster. ;)

as to the gunfire, try some BS about it was a new show and they tried some new sound effects which they won't do again as they were too real and upset the customers.

@Crossbow: yes, we go in hidden mode, except when we're in an area which calls for a SIN broadcast, in which case I use one of the fakes, unless it's downtime and has nothing to do with the run, in which case I'll probably use my real one.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-09-15/0755:32>
I was kinda shocked myself when I read that, pleasantly so, but still shocked.  Kudos Thvor.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <08-09-15/0807:02>
I think it's time for a 'you don't need to see my identification' and 'these are not the driods you're looking for' kind of conversation. ;D :D ::)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-09-15/0926:43>
Yeah, let's not give him bad ideas, he's not that good yet.  ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <08-09-15/0941:37>
Yeah, going for the car would probably take some edge. :(

And I'm not sure why anyone's surprised. You go to battle with the weapons you have, and Sam's...well, his immediate reaction to almost everything is to lie as brazenly as possible. ;D (I mean, we all know what would have happened if Con had been the one to notice the cop, right? :-\ )
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <08-09-15/1056:56>
Not surprised, just forgotten how good you are at this stuff.  And that's some great writing I must add.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <08-09-15/2114:13>
Hrm, it doesn't  look like Sam's getting out of this one easily. He (naturally) doesn't have a fake SIN that would indicate that he's a local here, much less one that's hooked up to the name that he gave the cop. He can rely on his glibness to delay/distract the cop, but given Crossbow's repeatedly bringing up the identification issue, it seems that his 9 hits on the con aren't going to be enough to shut down that line of inquiry.

I don't remember, have we picked up any credsticks that Sam could try to bribe the guy with? Or, does anyone have a better idea (read: less likely to end up with Sam in the slammer)  of what I should do next? :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <08-09-15/2152:59>
I think the only thing that would get that cop to let the ID thing go would be to be called on another, more urgent matter.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-09-15/2243:43>
Okay, to be clear, while you have kinda dug yourself a hole, it is not unheard of to have a legitimate SIN that has not been updated to a current job, especially with a move involved, though there is probably a ticket or a fine involved.  That said, this activity will certainly compromise any fake ID you give him, so it should be abandoned after its use in this scenario.  Likewise, O'Conner's ID that he used to rent the car should probably be abandoned as well, along with the car, once Torley let's him know that the cop is checking the cars on the street.

The good news is that aside from that you are likely to be in the clear time-wise, as long Torley can disentangle himself from the officer and you guys don't mind walking home...at least part of the way through the I-10 zone that runs adjacent to the club  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-09-15/2255:21>
BTW tic-tic...sorry got in a habit there ;)

By the way, your nine hits bought you out of a shoot out with a Military Grade HRT, probably with magical back-up.  Remember, the "cops" in the unincorporated areas of LA are actually PCC Federal forces.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-10-15/0056:10>
Whew!  Good job Sam.  Snow does not mind walking a bit if we can find the fragging chip.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <08-10-15/1116:41>
We can probably "borrow" one of the bar people's car anyways.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <08-10-15/1207:59>
Okay, to be clear, while you have kinda dug yourself a hole, it is not unheard of to have a legitimate SIN that has not been updated to a current job, especially with a move involved, though there is probably a ticket or a fine involved.  That said, this activity will certainly compromise any fake ID you give him, so it should be abandoned after its use in this scenario.

I'm not sure I follow; this may just be my not having much experience with this side of ShadowRun. I was under the impression that Sam's fake SIN (yes, he only has one at the moment) lists him as a UCAS citizen living in Seattle, and so would not be useful when trying to pass him off as someone living in LA. That's why I had him give a fake name*--I thought that his fake SIN was worse than useless in this situation, and so didn't want any searches from an overly-curious cop getting attached somehow to his Seattle SIN.

If that's not the case--if his fake SIN would have been usable here--Sam would not have used an alias when trying to bluff the cop. I hate to ask for permission to "retcon" the conversation, but this is something Sam would have known that I, apparently, did not.

I'm willing to play with it either way, though the fake name route is, as you noted, a deeper hole that Sam's likely to be stuck in. GM's ruling?

* Of course, Sam isn't his real name, either.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-10-15/1305:37>
Okay, so here is the deal on this, the reason most runners DON'T interact with cops is because they either don't have SINs or the fact that any interaction with them is a test of whatever fake they have.  Having a SIN lets you be a respectable person that can interact legally with society and not get harassed.  If you have broken the law, or are attached to some kind of criminal enterprise, that kind of stuff follows you around.  What I said before applies to those people.

Now, I did assume you had a fake ID you could abandon when I made my previous post, the fact that you don't presents a problem.

If you are going to make a habit of doing this I would suggest that you invest is some disposable IDs :)  In the mean time, where you go from here is up to you, but know that if you decide to give him a fake ID, it will be attached to this situation.


Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <08-10-15/1758:04>
Are (fake) licences attached to (fake) SINs? Can I have a licence transferred from one SIN to another?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-10-15/2009:29>
Yes they are. No you can't.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <08-11-15/1554:49>
I was afraid of that. On an unrelated topic, is there any stealable items of real value in the office?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-11-15/2120:01>
Depends on your definition of real value.  There are a few pictures of what you assume is Steve with various persons of interest, C-class celebs, a sim-porn star, what not.  The decor of the office tends towards shiny stuff, but it is of the Pier 1 Import level of quality as opposed to say, Tiffany's level.  You could probably recreate the look, including the trophies and the furniture, for maybe 1000 nuyen back home.  The recording equipment might have some value for a collector, or somebody working a similar scam, but it would be barely worth the effort, and again, you would be taking evidence that would be slamdunk conviction otherwise. 

By the way, someone asked about the camera, the footage is basically peeping tom stuff, different girls changing clothes, though there is footage of who you assume is Steve and one the strippers downstairs getting busy, she looks like she would rather be somewhere else and he is playing to the camera when she isn't looking.

Torley can easily keep the cop busy outside, but if he is going to try and leave him without showing ID I am going to need another roll, the detective is not expected on site for at least half and hour.  After about 20 more minutes, Sammy finds a grainy peepshow of Daee, a neo-metal rapper that she remembers called Whyte Knight and a couple of others doing the deed.

What is your plan to leave?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <08-12-15/0043:19>
Lucky break, well done Thvor! If this coincides with the people upstairs finding the footage, I think this might have just bought us a few minutes to get away from the scene.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-12-15/0113:30>
It does, he went for the pity party once Sammy reported to have found the footage.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-12-15/0149:24>
So it is time to bail from this place? 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-12-15/0246:13>
So it is time to bail from this place?

It is, question is, again, how?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <08-12-15/0254:54>
Yes it is time to get out.

So what do we do with the equipment and the rest of the recordings?
To get out, what if I make you all invisible one at the time and you walk out?  If the door Sam got through is still open, it can work.  If there's only the cop and Sam can keep him occupied for a bit more, we could get out like that.  Walk out, go around the next block and become visible again if there's no-one there.  That way the cop won't see us.  We will have to tie up the people in the club so they don't come after us (or warn the cop immediately) and Sam will probably need a new disguise after this and we will all need some extra fake SINs.

Or we take the SINs from the people in the club, I use Physical mask or Makeover to make us look like them and we walk out that way?

@Crossbow: did I recognise anybody else on the ones I reviewed?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <08-12-15/0510:33>
We take copies of the hostages SINs, and tell them to play along or we'll come find them. We send out a sufficiently cowed goon to distract the cop, and then abscond out of there.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <08-12-15/0548:17>
Or, since Torley got the cop's sympathies, he goes out through the back, leaves the door open and Sammy makes sure the cop can't see the rest of the team slip out, one at a time if we have to.

I think having any of the real club people interact with the cops would just shorten our escape window. If the cop gets impatient, he will have to go inside the club, sort the mess out and stay there while he calls for backup. If someone goes out to meet him and tells him what's going on, then he calls his backup sooner and that gives us less time to make our exit. I say we take the pertinent video (also the recording about that other minor artist), erase what we take and leave.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <08-13-15/0355:42>
Or what we could do is send O'Connor out. Since his ID is already burned out, he could get quite close to the cop, since the ID matches the car, and try to knock him out in a non-lethal way before he calls for backup. That would give us more time to leave.

Just thinking out loud here guys.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <08-13-15/0412:26>
That's sounds like a bad enough idea, that it might just work.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <08-13-15/0819:17>
Not saying I support the idea, but Sam did refer to a bouncer named Con in his spiel...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-13-15/0840:31>
Please don't invalidate an excellent effort by Torley by getting yourselves killed attacking peace officers, you are SHADOWrunners, be sneaky.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <08-13-15/0929:31>
Crossbow, could you give us an idea where the officer is on the map? Or, more specifically, would it be possible for us to leave the area without being seen by him?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-13-15/0942:32>
Perhaps up to the roof and down the back?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-13-15/1118:58>
Exactly, the buildings doors are where you would be seen. The fence along the back of th lot separates the unrecovered areas .
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <08-13-15/1239:53>
So if we sneak over the roof we can get to the back without being seen.  If I add an air spirit with concealment power to make us even less visible, we should be able to get out onto the next area, which is, if I understood correctly, abandoned.  That way we can go to the next side street and see from there.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <08-13-15/1428:10>
Sounds like a plan. Does Snow have the necessary skills & such to hack our way into a car? Or, are we anywhere near where we could pick up a bus or the monorail?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-13-15/1454:03>
I am no where near my books at the moment, but I think I can say with confidence that there is no bus or rail nearby, even if it wasn't in the neighborhood of 0500 at the present, calling a cab might be an option, but you will pay through the nose for it.  Guides might be a better bet, since you have the footage.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-14-15/0005:00>
Not sure Snow can do that.  It has been so long in RL.  Did we come here in one or two cars?  I thought we had ours and that Con had another.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <08-14-15/0014:05>
I think Torley could probably leave by the side entrance and take the car with him (as I understood it, he's giving him a free "get out of jail card", so it shouldn't be so far-fetched for Torley to have a vehicle to get to and from work). The rest of the team could get out from the rooftop and then meet up a few blocks away, no?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-15-15/1301:53>
You do have a second vehicle, but there is no telling whether it was within the range of the cops sweep and what that might entail, but it had line of sight on the club.  If Torley were going to lay claim to it, that might present a problem considering it's tactical position and the fact that it is not parked inside the lot.

BTW, there is no fire escape, I wouldn't make an issue of it, except that I specifically mentioned the lack when Clem bodily moved Snow to the roof.

I can provide a map if you absolutely need me to make one, but the gist of it is this, The Derma is situated such that the far side runs on the edge of zone that was rendered uninhabitable by the collapse.  There is a four meter fence around that zone, but the upper roof of the club is higher than that so it is really not an issue.  You can scale down the back with minimal difficulty, you even remember seeing a length of rope among the props, but if you go that route you will want to go at least a half kilometer in some direction to find a good place to recross.

Also, filed under the heading of "I hate autocorrect, FML" is a correction to my last OOC post.  GUILES (as in Andre Guiles, the Johnson for this side run) could be contacted for a ride, and the van recovered later by someone from the studio, Desperado probably (who might be another one to contact, though he might be grouchy at being woken up).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <08-15-15/1320:38>
Given that we have the video, if we contact Guiles and give him an update, wouldn't our time pressure disappear? If we're no longer pressed for time, a half-kilometer walk is doable.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <08-15-15/1413:48>
I'm for scaling the wall and crossing back over.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-15-15/1452:34>
Given that we have the video, if we contact Guiles and give him an update, wouldn't our time pressure disappear? If we're no longer pressed for time, a half-kilometer walk is doable.

Put the shoe on the other foot, would you believe criminals that you put on a clock without proof in hand?  That said, you aren't really worried about the clock anymore, you could walk back to the studio and catch a nap on the way and make it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <08-15-15/1456:40>
I would like to have that footage with Mr. J as quickly as possible.  Let's get out at the back and then call him when we're back on a road.  Then he can send someone to pick us up and we can have the footage in his hand soon after.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <08-15-15/1500:56>
Do we really want to call the Johnson and be like, "Hey we need a ride. Lost ours dodging the cops."
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-15-15/1644:30>
Details don't need to be shared.  "We have stuff. You want stuff, come and get us."

I can appreciate your thoughts toward maintaining a professional appearance though.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <08-15-15/2247:38>
Do we need to roll anything to scale the fence?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-16-15/0156:29>
Down?  No, we can assume enough people have dice to share to pull it off.  Is that what you guys are doing?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <08-16-15/0245:41>
I don't think we have a better plan. Guys?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-16-15/0247:22>
You are right.  This seems the best plan.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <08-16-15/0500:13>
And I'll summon that spirit to conceal us.  I need a force 5 spirit to conceal all of us, but that means anybody looking for us has a -5 modifier on his perception tests.  That should be enough to pass unnoticed and if we're noticed, certainly enough so he doesn't see any details.  I'll make a post about this.

EDIT: per 3 force of a spirit they have an optional power.  I've taken guard, as that can prevent glitches.  Since a lot of us are out of edge, this might not be a bad idea to have some extra backup.  As soon as we're going, I'll use my second service to request it to also use it's guard power on the five of us (it can do so in a number of people equal to its magic, which is equal to its force).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-16-15/1012:45>
Okay, once Thvor posts (IC or OOC) that he is going along with this, I can take you guys out of the club.  Necrogigas, what is O'Conner doing with all the pistols?  If anyone else wants to post about anything before leaving the club, now is the time.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <08-16-15/1040:14>
not for me.  If I recognised anybody on the ones I did, I might take one or two more files depending on who it is.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-16-15/1143:13>
Actually you didn't, sorry I kept forgetting to get back to you on that.  Christy and Knight were the biggest fish the scheme had pulled in so far.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <08-16-15/1157:14>
Sam's in. I was waiting to post in case Crossbow wanted to give details on Sam's attempt to lock and/or block the doors.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <08-16-15/1356:23>
The pistols themselves, nothing. I do take the ammo though. I also want to note I wiped the guns of prints after handling.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <08-17-15/2135:09>
I'm going to be driving the family up to Michigan for a family reunion, so won't be able to post too often. Will be checking in on my phone regularly, though, since we're close to wrapping this section up (I hope). I won't have access to my books or chummer file, so if I need to roll for anything, I'll let the GM deal with it. I'll be back home Monday afternoon/evening.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-17-15/2207:21>
Enjoy the reunion Thvor 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <08-18-15/0435:27>
Safe trip Thvor!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <08-18-15/0437:05>
Have fun.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-18-15/2215:08>
If I am pushing time to fast, and there are things you wanted to try and do, let me know.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <08-19-15/0746:51>
This works for me :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-19-15/1027:11>
I am ok with it as well.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-20-15/1501:02>
Hey guys, I know you want to let the face handle the meet, but with Thvor on vacation, we can accelerate this bit if someone else will speak up.  Just sayin'  ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <08-20-15/1613:14>
It's been very busy at work, so I haven't had much time.  I'll try to get something in tomorrow.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-22-15/0956:34>
Since I know none of you remember, the balance on the credsticks is 2300 nuyen.  Also, once you are on the far side of a bath and a bed, consider your edge refreshed, you will also find your day's pay deposited or delivered.  The day is yours.

Since none of you mentioned discontinuing the monitoring of Bacchus' feed you will see the following at some point during the day:


Diabo Verde is da bomb!


10:12 a.m.:

Just ate bacon/egg flavored krill breakfast burrito. It’s a good start to the day for only four nuyen. The burritos are very spicy—wakes up the sinuses! Wish he sold beer. Here’s a link to Verde’s roach coach. Anyone else like Verde’s? Message me. If not, fuck off!!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <08-22-15/2103:21>
Do we get the rental back too, or just the company vehicle?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-23-15/0056:46>
The company SUV is all you get, that ID is burned.  I assume it is the bare one with just the DL attached to it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <08-23-15/0442:46>
I assume it is the bare one with just the DL attached to it.

Yes, maybe? I don't really remember which one I gave.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <08-23-15/1117:25>
Hydro: how many wounds does Clem have?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-23-15/1218:00>
I am not sure how first aid works.  Do I need to roll for each wound or does one roll do for everything.  So far I have done one roll.  It was not good but did heal a bit.  Also, can I come back later and try again after we are rested?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <08-23-15/1339:42>
according to the rules, you make a first aid + logic (2) skill test.  Each hit above the treshold (2 in your case) heals 1 box.  So Clem heals 2 boxes.  You can also only heal a maximum of your skill rank (I don't know how much that is).  It can only done once and not after magical healing.  If I recall correctly you can apply magical healing after first aid, so if more has to be healed, I can do a magical healing.
for the roll: Clem is street sam right?  I have a -1 per 2 points of lost essence, so I need to know that to know my penalty.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-23-15/1356:06>
That is what I was thinking as well, but I have misinterpreted the rules before and can get confused when shifting between 4E and 5E.  Thanks for the clarification.  At least she got 2 boxes back.  I should be able to help if I supervise her rest, right?  Of course, she has to let me help and she is not a Snow fan.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-23-15/1913:04>
I assume it is the bare one with just the DL attached to it.

Yes, maybe? I don't really remember which one I gave.

No, you don't understand.  God is smiling on you and saying that you rented the car under the bare ID and also that is not the one that you gave for your working ID to Slade.  How lucky for you.

Religion aside, you will know that you need to change your look, since you had a pretty bare bones cover to begin with and it is the only one they have camera footage at the car rental that can be tied to the Derma.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <08-23-15/2201:26>
Clem only had 1P of damage, so Snow should cover that easily, thanks :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-23-15/2205:05>
Oh.  Well, then, a full recovery.  It is a miracle.  You will never know how poorly she did that as it healed everything.  LOL
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <08-25-15/0523:26>
Not that it changes anything, but I had intended for Clem to do her recon the "next day", meaning after she had had time to rest. But in any case, let's move on with this ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <08-25-15/0602:26>
I'm not sure if we are expected to be somewhere the next day.  I thought not, but if we are, let me know and I'll adapt my post.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-25-15/0620:39>
The day of the Derma shoot out is yours to do what you want, but if you get some sleep the morning will be gone when you wake up.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <08-25-15/0917:38>
Do we have any sort of connections available for acquiring things? I think Sam and Con might both be in the market for fake IDs. Or should I use one of Sam's contacts back north?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <08-25-15/0930:05>
IDs are electronic in shadowrun, so I assume contacts up north can provide all the necessary stuff.  If not, I have a contact that might be able to help.  She used to be my agent when I was in the show biz.  Since my screen name is actually a fake ID and I'm quite sure that stars often use fake IDs to walk around in relative anonymity, agents should know where to find people who can provide these things.  As I still have some money from the first run, I will probably also get myself another fake ID (rating 5 or 6 if I can manage it).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-25-15/1123:53>
Sounds like a good way of handling it, fake IDs may be electronic, but I don't see them as being something that can be done offsite when you are talking about high quality.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-26-15/1120:14>
Okay, so you have the rest of the day to yourself.  Anyone still monitoring Bacchus' me-feed will get the post I showed Hydro, but surprisingly, nothing more.  Through the day you will discover the whys of this.  Bacchus' Pito show ""L.A. Gang Life" has been cancelled, he has also been released from the performer's contract with Horizon and finally, he got his Pito account cancelled.

O'Conner will have no trouble getting back to his MILFs, he will spend the rest of the day doing what he wanted to be doing last night.

Additionally, Sammy has no trouble getting with Jenny Starflinger.  In fact the woman is waiting for the call, mistaking her presence in LA (which she knows about) to a return to work in front of the camera.  She will meet you at your hotel in the evening.

We can handle anything you want to do with rolls or we can RP the meet out, your call.  I will advance the clock to the following morning when I feel it is appropriate..
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-27-15/1704:45>
Mercy, you can find several commercial varieties of popular programs and suites,you can even get them for book price since i assume you would be shopping on your fake SIM.  Ratings top out at 5.

I am away from my books at the moment, so i can't give you any numbers, per se.  When I get home tonight I will try to start the next day.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-28-15/0000:57>
I know that we just picked up 2300 nuyen for finishing, does anyone remember how much we got up front?  I cannot find the entry.  Crossbow, if Snow has enough money, can she find someone selling Tacnet software?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <08-28-15/0938:43>
As far as my notes go (may or may not be accurate/complete), we got a total of 1,000 each for the shoot at the Needle, but haven't received anything else since then. I do recall that Sam wasn't able to negotiate a retainer for the Bacchus job.

Does that match everyone else's notes?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-28-15/1011:16>
Ahhh.  Probably why I cannot find the post.  OK.  I will be limited so may have to save my money for a bit.  Snow will have to learn to budget.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-28-15/1301:33>
Okay, so anyone doing commercial purchases, go ahead and consider them bought and pay for them, remember the hitches that come with those, RFID and that kind of stuff.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <08-29-15/0625:58>
My bad, let me delete my last post and pretend like nothing happened :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <08-30-15/2101:12>
Clem will get a rating 4 ID if possible. ¥4,000 is it, or is there a premium/fee?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <08-31-15/0156:14>
I know that there will be RFIDs on my cameras, but those can be wiped and for a simple camera or microphone, it shouldn't be that much of an issue I think.

as to the IDs, I'd like a rating 4 and a rating 5.  I still have some money from the previous run to pay this with and that way I have a reserve.  I will also need licences attached to those IDs.  Now I have three licences (magic, gear, weapons), so I guess the same for these IDs.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <08-31-15/1149:24>
Sam needs a license for his Roomsweeper attached to his "normal" fake ID, and ought to have a second SIN with licenses for both his guns, best rating he can get. And I'll take a rating 2 SIN for good measure (no licenses on that one).

So that's 400 for the Roomsweeper license, 2,000 for the burner SIN, and 1,200 times the best rating the supplier can handle, assuming no discounts or fees.

Should Sam or Sammy do any negotiation rolling?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <08-31-15/1302:25>
Fake SIN R4 x1
Fake License R4 (Weapons) x7
Fake License R4 (Bodyguard) x1
Fake SIN R2 x1
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <08-31-15/1736:39>

Clem  5200
Sammy 15,210
Torley   2520 + 1560*Rating (How high do you want to go?)
O'Conner 11360

If you want to negotiate or rush, that can change
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-31-15/2359:35>
Wow, you guys must have done well in the last chapter.  lol  Snow is going to have to wait to get anything.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <09-01-15/0159:06>
Face, haggle the man
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <09-01-15/0603:23>
I thought it was only IDs. If licences are also possible, can Clem also get 4 weapon livences (sword, baton, pistol and SMG) rating 4 tied with that ID?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-01-15/1023:03>
Not sure if you need a license to carry a baton or a sword.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <09-01-15/1029:03>
Clem  5200
Sammy 15,210
Torley   2520 + 1560*Rating (How high do you want to go?)
O'Conner 11360

If you want to negotiate or rush, that can change

As I said, Sam'll take the best he can get; 6 if it's available. Which would be 9,360, for a total of 11,880. And yes, Sam wants to negotiate. :)

Negotiation + Charisma + Improved Ability + Kinesics -> 15d6.hits(5)=6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4860809/)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-01-15/1958:39>
Alright Thvor, let's see a good spiel to go with that nice roll.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <09-01-15/2222:51>
Not sure if you need a license to carry a baton or a sword.

Alright, even better. So I guess it would be 2 licences then.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-02-15/0002:51>
Not sure if you need a license to carry a baton or a sword.

Alright, even better. So I guess it would be 2 licences then.

Not to say you won't get funny looks or asked to check them or things, but I don't think it needs a license.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-03-15/1515:56>
Alright Thvor, let's see a good spiel to go with that nice roll.

Okay, I guess we aren't going to get one, that's fine, be that way... :(

It still works, you are able to talk him down to a 10% bump over cost.  You guys can do the math on your own or wait  for me to post them later.

I will post what happens next when I get out of class tonight.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <09-03-15/2350:01>
For Clem it should come to ¥5,280.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <09-04-15/0229:40>
¥10,120 for O'Connor
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <09-04-15/1034:12>
Gah, sorry. :-\ I'd started on a post, but got distracted and never finished. Oops. I'll go ahead and finish that.

In the meantime, Sam's total is 10,560 (440 for the Roomsweeper license, 2,200 for the burner SIN, and 7,920 for the rating 6 ID & license).

EDIT: While updating my Chummer file, I found that I already had a license for the Roomsweeper under Sam's original SIN; it just wasn't organized well, so I hadn't seen it before. So I don't need that, bringing my total down to 10,120.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <09-04-15/1208:58>
For Sammy it's 12870 if I have calculated correctly.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-04-15/1351:26>
I will take your words for it so I don't have to do the math.  I am on vaca for Labor Day so posting may be spotty.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <09-06-15/0136:41>
So I guess it's a pay now/get now type deal or should we wait a bit before writing the IDs on our character sheets and deducing the funds?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-06-15/0201:44>
It is a pay now, get when it comes deal.  This guy is a known quantity so it is not like he can skip with your money, if Sammy were to dime him out to folks in Horizon that he cheated her his rep would be shit.  Deduct the funds, but it will be around/at least a week before you get the ID other than the rating 2s.  Nature of the availability and price.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <09-06-15/1557:11>
I've deducted the money from my sheet.  I've already added the extra SINs, but at the end of the listing, so they are already there but I know not to use them yet.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-08-15/1555:07>
I get that you guys are incredulous, the question is are you going to get it done?  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <09-08-15/1559:21>
Sam's opposed to even considering the sandwich run. But since Clem's taking the lead, he's not going to step in and show that there may be "division in the ranks" or anything.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <09-08-15/1630:35>
Actually I was thinking on sending Sam.  Should we be attacked, he's the one we can miss until the end of the combat to interrogate any prisoners we have.  Otherwise I can do it, I just have to put a spirit in my place.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <09-08-15/1835:11>
You know Farothel, I was thinking the same thing ;) Clem was going to nominate either Torley, Con or herself to go since these are the only redundancies the team has.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-09-15/1220:40>
Need some indication of who, if anyone is going.  The restaurant is maybe 5 minutes away, and the credstick Clem was given has a balance of 500 on it.

Also, though Pandora is wrong about Sammy having worked the LA shadows, she does know from living here and being a potential target for those runs that exposing or fabricating a contract breach is a major source of income for some runners down here.  A megastar like Pandora is dangerously exposing herself by making this request.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-09-15/1321:14>
Little confusion there hoss.  The run you did the night before was for Christy Daee not Pandora.  I know it is confusing, so I am here to help you keep it straight.

Christy Daee - singer - manager is Andre Guiles, who you have taken a disliking to for some reason - sex maniac and drug user that you saw nekkid

Pandora - movie star- manager is Richard Fermin, who you are okay with I think - kinda spoiled, but very charming, seems kinda hungry at the moment, almost saw her topless when she was being stripped of her clothes by her fans in Seattle.

"I can't believe you two're actually talking about doing this. Not only is this trivial--a sandwich? Really?--but she's just told us that it'd be a violation of her contract, and that runners get paid to fake drek like this. Not to mention that we just went through a rather unpleasant night trying to help her deal with the last time she did something she didn't want publicly known." Sam shook his head. "Look, I'm all in favor of having a steady stream of jobs, but if those jobs are a result of the Johnson--or someone close to him--being an idiot, count me out."
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <09-09-15/1338:04>
Ah, thanks. You're right, I'd gotten them mixed up. Edited my post slightly. Sam's still opposed to taking on the run; he feels like it would be an insult to his professional* pride. And thanks for the (presumably irrelevant but cute) skin tracking. :)

* Insofar as shadowrunning is a profession, of course.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <09-09-15/1434:37>
Be glad you don't have to get a shot of Tempo. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <09-13-15/1925:40>
Looks like we need to track that goat-guy after all ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-13-15/1932:04>
Looks like we need to track that goat-guy after all ;)

An excellent starting point :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <09-13-15/2145:50>
Looks like we need to track that goat-guy after all ;)
I was 50/50 on using the day off to track the guy down and kill him for fun. Now I'm glad I didn't.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <09-14-15/0150:46>
This is not something Clem would suggest, so someone else will have to bring it up.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <09-14-15/0232:40>
Fermin said he would double our retainer.  How much was that again and when will that be paid?  there are so many posts now that it's starting to become difficult to find back certain things.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-14-15/0238:41>
Are we still getting that interference?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-14-15/0629:19>
Fermin said he would double our retainer.  How much was that again and when will that be paid?  there are so many posts now that it's starting to become difficult to find back certain things.

You are working for 1000 nuyen a day, so doubled is 2000 for the duration you are doing this.

Are we still getting that interference?

The specific interference I mentioned earlier seems to have subsided when you and Sammy switch to your back-up links, Clem and O'Conner have not yet mentioned their difficulties to anyone as far as I know, and as I said, it can be a hazard of the Matrix age for the minorly hacking illiterate like them to have to deal with these issues like these.

All that said, there is another problem that you are just having to suck up at the moment.  Christy Daee's death is causing the level of localvtraffic to spike dramatically, resulting in a 'background count' for computer related tests of -1d6 until further notice as the servers feel the strain.  This is a realistically understandable phenomena, similar things happened in the past.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <09-14-15/0647:02>

The specific interference I mentioned earlier seems to have subsided when you and Sammy switch to your back-up links, Clem and O'Conner have not yet mentioned their difficulties to anyone as far as I know, and as I said, it can be a hazard of the Matrix age for the minorly hacking illiterate like them to have to deal with these issues like these.

I don't think it's minor hacking.  I have a firewall 4 and analyse 6 which is constantly scanning everything on my commlink (I've given it the ergonomic option to avoid it using up too many resources).  That should be more than enough to keep out script kiddies and things like that.  I think I've put the script I used in the OOC at one time, but I'm not sure anymore (and not to mention where in that already insane amount of posts it will be :) ).

And while Sammy is not a hacker, she is aware enough of matrix security  to keep her commlink secure.  That has been drilled into her during her time in the spotlights in this city and contrary to most people, she actually listened to it.

What I have as active scanning on my commlink is like the script in Unwired p69, but it doesn't have to track, only warn me if there's an intruder.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <09-14-15/0655:28>
Clem will just turn off her commlink for the time being and leave it at that. Seeing all the calorie count will let her think that the sandwich run flagged her as a health nut and not think more about it, hoping time will just make it fade away.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-14-15/0739:48>
There is a reason I mentally put Sammy on a different level than the others besides Snow, (besides knowing that farothel probably has a better handle on hacking than any of us :)  )  she is very cognizant of her online presence and would find it difficult to go about her daily life without a Matrix presence.  You are right, she should be able to protect herself from this kind of nonsense, but she hasn't, and it has reached the point of conscious awareness, the usual protections aren't working and she can't figure out the problem.  The public mourning over Christy Daee is not helping, the two are not connected, but they are causing the the same kind stress.

Real world example:  Person with a car that uses it for work, they takes good care of it, but relies on the expertise of mechanics for anything serious.  There is a catch in the ignition, still works but it takes a second to turn over and there is a new warning light.  The free morning comes to take it to the shop, and the city is visited by the President so the traffic is complete gridlock.

Snow- Fixes it herself with some help from people she knows who are into cars.
Sammy- Struggles to find someone to help her or powers through the gridlock to get to the mechanic.
O'Conner- (to this point) Keeps driving, when the engine fall out of the car it is a real problem.
Clementine- Finds another way to work, or finds a new job.
Sam- Hasn't realized his car has warning lights.

:)


The specific interference I mentioned earlier seems to have subsided when you and Sammy switch to your back-up links, Clem and O'Conner have not yet mentioned their difficulties to anyone as far as I know, and as I said, it can be a hazard of the Matrix age for the minorly hacking illiterate like them to have to deal with these issues like these.

I don't think it's minor hacking.  I have a firewall 4 and analyse 6 which is constantly scanning everything on my commlink (I've given it the ergonomic option to avoid it using up too many resources).  That should be more than enough to keep out script kiddies and things like that.  I think I've put the script I used in the OOC at one time, but I'm not sure anymore (and not to mention where in that already insane amount of posts it will be :) ).

And while Sammy is not a hacker, she is aware enough of matrix security  to keep her commlink secure.  That has been drilled into her during her time in the spotlights in this city and contrary to most people, she actually listened to it.

What I have as active scanning on my commlink is like the script in Unwired p69, but it doesn't have to track, only warn me if there's an intruder.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <09-14-15/0826:41>
Crossbow: something completely different.  Has my agent contact (Jenny Starflinger) something to do with Christy that I know?  Like has she been her agent as well, or something like that?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <09-14-15/0954:57>
You summed up Clem's attitude to the Matrix pretty well there Crossbow. She'll eventually turn it back on later and if she can't find a quick fix for it she'll just buy a new one.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-14-15/1208:15>
So saying, he turned and left the room, scanning the various stars, starlets, and techs as he strolled around the set, looking for anyone who didn't seem to be reacting to the news in a usual manner, idly scanning conversations as he passed for anything that might point him in the right direction.

Thvor I think you have fallen off the turnip truck again, why would anyone on the set of Pandora's movie have anything to do with Christy Daee's murder?  Or are you just hoping for a Maguffin to fall out the sky while you wait on Snow?  Because I am really not that nice a person :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <09-14-15/1226:32>
Hey, Hollywood is--and probably will continue to be--an incestuous mess of interconnected circle-fests. Everyone knows everyone, and if they don't, they're not worth knowing. Your posts have repeatedly referred to the matrix being "abuzz" with stuff about Christie. She's not some no-name, fresh-off-the-bus-from-Kansas-looking-for-her-big-break who suddenly showed up dead from an overdose in some random diner's bathroom. She's known. People will be talking about her. And Sam can learn a lot from what they're saying--and what they aren't.

...that, and Sam's got nothing better to do. 8) He doesn't need to clean his guns, cast funky spiritual hoodoo, or go trawling through the matrix. <shrug> I doubt he even noticed Bacchus's Pito update, so he probably doesn't even know that the goaty scum has come up for air.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <09-14-15/1312:59>
<shrug> I doubt he even noticed Bacchus's Pito update, so he probably doesn't even know that the goaty scum has come up for air.

I missed that post as well.  It might be something Sammy does see.  I'll look it up tomorrow.
So Crossbow: I guess that's also a no on my question about my agent?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-14-15/2015:53>
<shrug> I doubt he even noticed Bacchus's Pito update, so he probably doesn't even know that the goaty scum has come up for air.

I missed that post as well.  It might be something Sammy does see.  I'll look it up tomorrow.
So Crossbow: I guess that's also a no on my question about my agent?
 
Sorry about that, I was getting  to it I swear.  No, Jenny doesn't have anything to do with music acts, the forms of entertainment  do not have a great deal of carryover, which is why Sam is not going to get much.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <09-15-15/0141:53>

I missed that post as well.  It might be something Sammy does see.  I'll look it up tomorrow.
So Crossbow: I guess that's also a no on my question about my agent?
 
Sorry about that, I was getting  to it I swear.  No, Jenny doesn't have anything to do with music acts, the forms of entertainment  do not have a great deal of carryover, which is why Sam is not going to get much.

no problem.  But she might know someone who knows someone... :)
I'll probably give her a call anyway.  But later.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-15-15/2200:05>
On the way back she notes a blip on her commlink, Bacchus finally posted while she was dozing:

Diabo Verde is da bomb!

10:12 a.m.: Just ate bacon/egg flavored krill breakfast burrito. It’s a good start to the day for only four nuyen. The burritos are very spicy—wakes up the sinuses! Wish he sold beer. Here’s a link to Verde’s roach coach. Anyone else like Verde’s? Message me. If not, fuck off!!

Anyone still monitoring Bacchus' me-feed will get the post I showed Hydro, but surprisingly, nothing more.  Through the day you will discover the whys of this.  Bacchus' Pito show ""L.A. Gang Life" has been cancelled, he has also been released from the performer's contract with Horizon and finally, he got his Pito account cancelled.


The Bacchus background you may have missed.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-16-15/1649:38>
If no one has a good reply to O'Conner, give me a memory roll for a line that might yield an answer.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-17-15/0943:29>
Snow is off with the techies getting the commlinks looked at.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <09-17-15/0956:42>
...and getting herself "looked at", as well. ;) ::)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-17-15/1008:40>
LOL  I imagine those guys are more interested in the tech challenge than in Snow.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <09-17-15/1012:19>
Ah, but with the embedded 'link, suddenly those two things have merged!

....and there are far, far too many innuendo-laced ways this scene could play out. I'll just say that I bet those techs are dumbfounded at getting the chance to jack in. 8) (sorry, couldn't resist)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-17-15/1019:13>
OK, yes, you have a point.  They will be jacking in to look at my embedded 'link.  lol  Had not thought of it that way.  Maybe it is some sort of intimate moment.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <09-17-15/1555:48>
Can I roll memory too? Going after the roach coach seems like a huge waste of time.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-17-15/1756:45>
Yeah, we aren't going to travel down that road, the three of you are basically going to do a computer check on all the commlinks to try and figure out what is what, with you and Crenshaw adding dice to Tommy's roll.  The additional links will also give a bonus to his roll.
Give me a logic+computer roll so I know how many dice you are adding to the test Mercy.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-17-15/1759:27>
Can I roll memory too? Going after the roach coach seems like a huge waste of time.

It isn't a waste, but you are welcome to make the memory roll.  Sammy trying to check out the crime scenes is another things entirely though.  Posting in a second.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <09-17-15/1915:54>
Oops, my mistake, guess I'll have to edit that part out :\
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <09-17-15/1941:51>
Can I roll memory too? Going after the roach coach seems like a huge waste of time.
It isn't a waste, but you are welcome to make the memory roll.  Sammy trying to check out the crime scenes is another things entirely though.  Posting in a second.
LOG 3 + WIL 3 = Pool 6
Memory (6d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4870925/)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-17-15/2343:47>
I am glad we are not going down that road as well.  I will roll my dice and post.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <09-18-15/0230:11>
memory roll from Sammy:
will 4 + logic 4 =8 (8d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4871114/)

As for going down that road, I'm quite used to it.  Both in my tabletop group as during conferences at work.  I can assure you, dinner conversations of gynecologists and urologists are weird. :o  :-X
And never go to a lecture of one right before lunch where he shows up with pictures.  You get to know much more of the human body than you ever wanted to know. :o :-[
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <09-18-15/1052:09>
Just because everyone else is doing it, not because I expect Sam to do better than anyone else: 4d6.hits(5)=1 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4871198/) Yeah, no surprise there. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <09-19-15/0002:31>
Clem's memory check: Memory - Will 3 + Log 3 (http://orokos.com/roll/326830): 6d6t5 4 wow, nice roll!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-19-15/0025:01>
Okay, so the thing I am going to give you on the memory roll is this, the A-Kidz.  Stands to reason if Bacchus lot his ass on this deal flying solo, he might go crawling back to them, or someone they know.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <09-21-15/1244:18>
Okay, so the thing I am going to give you on the memory roll is this, the A-Kidz.  Stands to reason if Bacchus lot his ass on this deal flying solo, he might go crawling back to them, or someone they know.
So you're not putting this into play Hydro and make us waste time on this frycook?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <09-21-15/1403:40>
The Frycook can narrow down the search to a certain area, making things easier.  Besides, we have to move in that direction anyways.  And we can have something to eat while we're at it :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <09-21-15/1501:29>
Roach coaches have a tendency to explode if not properly maintained. Crossbow, what condition is the vehicle in?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-21-15/1509:05>
Lovingly maintained, but with sub par materials
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <09-21-15/1554:44>
Does the bus use propane for cooking, or is everything electric? And if it does have propane, are the tanks exposed or at least visible?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-21-15/1723:42>
You are scaring me...

no exposed tanks
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <09-21-15/1807:10>
Its fine now, since he seems to be a direct link to that info Hydro didn't put into play, or at least not a dead end. If he was useless I was gonna blow up that truck, but luckily for him he's just superfluous.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <09-21-15/1846:11>
I was writing a post in which Sam offered the ork a bribe, but then I remembered that techs still have Sam's commlink. Assuming that he's using one of the spares that Snow offered, does he have access to his money?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <09-21-15/1936:22>
Is it only Clem that remembers the A-Kidz? For her to think that someone would betray their organization and then come crawling right back to it is really out of character, considering the degree of loyalty and how the yaks do business. But if Torley mentions what was said in Spanish, she might guess the people looking for him will be his old buddies.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <09-21-15/2011:24>
You're the one that got a 4.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-21-15/2059:41>
You're the one that got a 4.

Bingo
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <09-21-15/2338:33>
If Torley mentions what was said in Spanish, Clem will bring up her recollection :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <09-22-15/0341:48>
For money, if I recall correctly that's in a bank or on a credstick and with the commlink you just transfer it (a bit like a mobile banking app on your smartphone today, only much faster).  So that means you just need the app, your credentials (fake or real ID) and you can transfer from any commlink.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-22-15/0748:12>
For money, if I recall correctly that's in a bank or on a credstick and with the commlink you just transfer it (a bit like a mobile banking app on your smartphone today, only much faster).  So that means you just need the app, your credentials (fake or real ID) and you can transfer from any commlink.

Again, bingo.  I also assume that unless you specifically say you don't anyone of you has at least 100 nuyen on you for walking around money.  (Tips, bribes, impulse buys, food, gum, whatever)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-22-15/1009:29>
Snow did not spend her 2300 yet, so has it on a stick.  She did tell the others that she had saved her money.  You can ask her for the bribe money if you are short.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <09-22-15/1021:07>
Oh, Sam's got the nuyen. I just wanted to make sure he had access to it before using it. :)

And don't worry about helping Sam out with the bribe(s). Since he doesn't need expensive gear, lots of ammo, exotic spell focuses, etc., there isn't really all that much for him to burn his nuyen on. He's got his eye on a nice car if he ever has a huge payday, but that's just because he likes to have really nice stuff. ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <09-22-15/1116:15>
Good suits are expensive (things like Mortimer of London, Zoé and whatnot). :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <09-23-15/0245:12>
Crossbow, what does Sammy know (if anything) about Club K?  If I have to roll something, please let me know.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-23-15/0722:31>
Biker bar, heavy metal edge, gambling den, not a place Sammy would be caught dead in.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-24-15/0038:54>
But Snow has lots of experience in places like that.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <09-24-15/0215:04>
Then you go in. :)

What are 'keebs'?"
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <09-24-15/0316:11>
Isn't that slang for elf?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-24-15/0325:29>
It is slang for Elf.  As in Keebler Elves that used to make little cookies.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <09-24-15/0353:59>
That's something typical american that in Europe isn't known (or at least not universally).  Now I also understand that reference in the Big Bang Theory when they are playing Tresling. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-24-15/0957:13>
Sorry for not explaining it beforehand.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <09-24-15/1112:32>
Huh, for some reason, farothel, I had it in my mind that you were in the northwestern US. Dunno why, though. Of course, I grew up in Ohio, and still wouldn't have made the keebs connection.

Game-related: Sam will go in with Con. Do we want Sammy to change appearances or anything? These guys seem to have an animal fetish.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-29-15/1014:17>
Please double check me.  I think the threshold for the composure for my level of self control is 2, so I should have passed the test.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-29-15/1116:47>
You are correct.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <09-29-15/1933:10>
Are there any gaps in the bouncer barricade that O'Connor could try to slip through?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <09-30-15/0200:05>
Quick question for Crossbow: how many emergency exits are there and do I manage to put cameras covering them (these are those microsensor packages I've bought so they should be all but invisible and I'm probably also not the only one using them in LA).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-30-15/0351:54>
Are there any gaps in the bouncer barricade that O'Connor could try to slip through?

No. Getting to Leo will mean going through someone.

Quick question for Crossbow: how many emergency exits are there and do I manage to put cameras covering them (these are those microsensor packages I've bought so they should be all but invisible and I'm probably also not the only one using them in LA).

The exit is in the front,  under the K.  Unless you are invisible or sneaky about it,  you will be seen.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <09-30-15/0607:09>

Quick question for Crossbow: how many emergency exits are there and do I manage to put cameras covering them (these are those microsensor packages I've bought so they should be all but invisible and I'm probably also not the only one using them in LA).

The exit is in the front,  under the K.  Unless you are invisible or sneaky about it,  you will be seen.

We have the main entrance covered without the need for cameras.  I was talking about the extra emergency exits which every club is supposed to have or the back entrance for bringing in the supplies and stuff.  If they don't have them, please let me know.  It will make some things a lot easier, as covering one entrance/exit is easier than multiple ones.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-30-15/1001:22>
No, it is just the one, the shipping entrances are right next to the main entrance on the alley.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <09-30-15/1430:40>
O'Connor's no powerbouse, so are there any sufficently scrawny guys near that I could shove into the bouncers to create an opening?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <09-30-15/1856:28>
O'Connor's no powerbouse, so are there any sufficently scrawny guys near that I could shove into the bouncers to create an opening?

None that will keep them sufficiently busy that they won't still beat you into a bloody paste after a second or two.

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <09-30-15/2105:35>
O'Connor's no powerbouse, so are there any sufficently scrawny guys near that I could shove into the bouncers to create an opening?
None that will keep them sufficiently busy that they won't still beat you into a bloody paste after a second or two.
But in a second or two, can I get past them? I don't care if they're trying to fight me or not, I just want them to not be in between me and Leo.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-02-15/0616:53>
O'Connor's no powerbouse, so are there any sufficently scrawny guys near that I could shove into the bouncers to create an opening?
None that will keep them sufficiently busy that they won't still beat you into a bloody paste after a second or two.
But in a second or two, can I get past them? I don't care if they're trying to fight me or not, I just want them to not be in between me and Leo.

Speak plainly, pm me if you must, what is it you are trying to do?

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-02-15/0951:31>
Maybe Con can take this guy on at shooting?  It could be a better way to get to see Leo.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <10-02-15/1325:40>
Speak plainly, pm me if you must, what is it you are trying to do?
I am speaking plainly, I don't know where you're getting confused. So lets break this down and take it step by step, so I can find where your confusion is.

Step one: Throw guy into guards. ((Still with me?))
Step two: Move past them. ((Have I lost you?))
Step three: Talk to Leo. ((Is this getting too complicated?))
Side note: Don't care if the guards attack me afterwards. ((This should just be a given at this point.))

None that will keep them sufficiently busy that they won't still beat you into a bloody paste after a second or two.
What I need is for you to speak plainly and give clarification.

If I do throw a guy into the bouncers (step one) Will the "second or two" give me enough time to slip past them (step two) and confront Leo (step three)?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-02-15/1816:28>
What could you say that would make the beating worth it? He is already actively ignoring you after hearing what you said before.  I am not saying you can't do it, you can, with your reflexes and dodge you might even last a second or two.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <10-02-15/2143:32>
And why can I only last a second or two? No dice have been thrown. Is this some GM limit that you're enforcing no matter what?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <10-03-15/0028:46>
Fuck it. This has has taken too long not to go through with it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <10-03-15/0045:59>
All aboard the O'Connor rampage tour!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-03-15/0330:10>
You can still try the shooting contest.  <sigh>
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-04-15/0204:20>
Okay, here is the thing, minimum 8 bouncers around the throne, each of them is a trained hand to hand combatant.  While I think it is possible and likely for O'Conner to dodge them for awhile, they are always going to have those odds, because they have plenty of backup and the harder he makes it, the better the guy who takes him down will look.  I am not going to waste the time proving the point to you dicewise when I tried REALLY hard not to let you get your character into this.  The only thing I will ask is will he go lethal with knives or guns or keep it hand to hand?  Because the security will not escalate it beyond non-lethal beatdown unless he does, however badly outnumbered he is or how foolish he makes them look.

This is the leader of a well known gang, he is not going to acknowledge you other than as entertainment.  Yes, to O'Conner he is ridiculous, but that is what works here, and he will not do anything more than look down on him until he is worth talking to.

Out of game, I understand this is frustrating for you as players, it is supposed to be.  But the payoff is coming, I promise.  In the meantime, I will try not to let you kill your characters out of irritation, while maintaining a certain reasonable level of realism.
_______________

Another note, if this is ticking folks off, I know I have been off kilter, I have just started a new job and I am still trying to do school fulltime, so your patience is appreciated, even if you don't feel like giving it to me.   :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-04-15/0215:33>
I am OK.  I have a good medkit and the skill to use it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <10-04-15/0238:43>
I tried REALLY hard not to let you get your character into this.
Then you should've made O'Connor wait in the car. I feel I clearly telegraphed that this would probably happen.

The only thing I will ask is will he go lethal with knives or guns or keep it hand to hand?
O'Connor will keep it nonlethal for the time being.

Yes, to O'Conner he is ridiculous, but that is what works here, and he will not do anything more than look down on him until he is worth talking to.
O'Connor gives zero shits whatsoever. He has no respect for Leo, the A-kidz, or any of these LA poser gangs. O'Connor's bringing a bit of the Barrens to these ass clowns.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-04-15/0335:34>
I tried REALLY hard not to let you get your character into this.
Then you should've made O'Connor wait in the car. I feel I clearly telegraphed that this would probably happen.


I can't make O'Conner, or any of the other PCs, do anything that I can't reasonably justify.  You said your character was going in to try and talk to Leo.  If you are in DC you might decide O'Conner wants to give the President a few ideas, but I would hope a show of force by the Secret Service might dissuade him from leaving the tour group.   8)


Yes, to O'Conner he is ridiculous, but that is what works here, and he will not do anything more than look down on him until he is worth talking to.
O'Connor gives zero shits whatsoever. He has no respect for Leo, the A-kidz, or any of these LA poser gangs. O'Connor's bringing a bit of the Barrens to these ass clowns.

And these particular ass clowns will not be better for the lesson.  ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <10-04-15/0423:12>
I tried REALLY hard not to let you get your character into this.
Then you should've made O'Connor wait in the car. I feel I clearly telegraphed that this would probably happen.
I can't make O'Conner, or any of the other PCs, do anything that I can't reasonably justify.  You said your character was going in to try and talk to Leo.  If you are in DC you might decide O'Conner wants to give the President a few ideas, but I would hope a show of force by the Secret Service might dissuade him from leaving the tour group.   8)
There's a world of difference between the two situations. Besides, considering how much of his rather loose understanding of the world outside of the Barrens is (mis)informed by movies and tv, he thinks Secret Service guys are all machine gun wielding super ninjas or some shit.


O'Connor's got a full stun track, any physical overflow?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-04-15/1024:23>
Nothing that Snow's excellent coverage will not take care of, you kept it non-lethal, so did they.

Snow will be busy for a bit, Sammy too. What are Clentine and Torley doing in the meanwhile?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <10-04-15/1046:52>
Guess Torley will have to talk the big cheese into letting Clem do whatever skill competition is about to happen.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-04-15/1056:53>
No talking required, it is open to anyone who steps up.  We will keep it simple, give me 10 rounds of firearms actions, tracking hits.  The guns are on the simulator and are not linked up at all, it is essential VR Duck Hunt on steroids.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <10-04-15/1115:20>
Are we talking handgun, SMG, shotgun, etc? Shooting single shots, BS, SA, FA? And if so, I am guessing there won't be any recoil? Are we talking about an aim competition or just hitting all the targets in a certain amount of time? I will gladly roll you 10 rounds but I need to know what to roll first ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-04-15/1128:20>
It is a semiautomatic pistol, with a little kick, but not true recoil.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-04-15/1228:09>
Modded my previous post to remove the part about going in and answered Clem.  Snow will go inside after.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-04-15/2037:28>
Hydro, 10 rounds is 10 COMBAT rounds, as in extra actions?  Also, SA pistol, as in 2 shots per action.  Finally, I need a running total per round.  I have a goal in mind that you have to beat to win the game.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <10-04-15/2144:01>
Got it, I thought you just wanted 10 rounds as in 10 shots. I'm at work now so I'll get right on that when I have the time.

Edit: Done!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <10-08-15/0920:37>
Looks like we might have a vehicle chase sequence coming up. I suspect Clem's our best driver*, right?

* Sam only gets 3 dice for driving, thanks to his miserable reaction stat.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <10-08-15/0941:43>
Clem gets 8 dice for driving.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-08-15/1014:12>
Snow gets 6.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <10-08-15/1015:27>
Defaulting with a 7
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <10-08-15/1109:15>
Defaulting with 2, so I guess Clem is the designated driver.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <10-08-15/1826:07>
No problems with that ;) Did anybody have anything they wanted to do or can we assume we're all in the van and on our way down I5?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <10-08-15/1859:29>
I'm good, though I (not Sam--he wouldn't think of this) wonder if Snow can do anything to pre-empt any interference from cops?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-09-15/0100:12>
Not sure if she can.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-09-15/1014:29>
Sorry for the delay folks, started a new job and getting ready for finals.  What kind of 'interference' are you thinking of Thvor?

Edge is refreshed.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <10-09-15/1127:53>
Well, hacking the GridGuide system (or whatever the LA equivalent is) to hide our vehicle / find and slow down our target / maneuver other vehicles out of our way, for instance.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-09-15/1450:08>
GridGuide...on I5...OUTSIDE of Los Angeles...funny

Maneuvering around other cars outside of the city proper is not really an issue.   
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <10-09-15/1550:32>
So...I'm guessing you want initiative rolls for all of us, plus a vehicle test from Clem?

And would I be right in assuming that Sam's CP doesn't kick in (yet), since there hasn't been any violence to trigger it? Not that he's going to be able to do much; I don't think he's even got enough of a dice pool to try to shoot out tires once Clem gets us to point-blank range.

Incidentally, here are the RAW for the opposed vehicle test, since it's a bit more detailed than the summary:
Quote from: SR4A page 170
Opposed Vehicle Test
At the beginning of the first Chase Combat Turn, each driver makes a Vehicle Test. For every vehicle still in play on the driver’s side during the Chase combat add a +2 modifier to the test. For every vehicle on the opposing side apply a –2 modifier. Then compare the Speed values of all vehicles on each side. Whichever side has the greater Speed value adds a +1 modifier for every 10 points (rounded down) that their Speed exceeds their opponents. The drivers with the most hits on either side are compared in an Opposed Vehicle Test. Ties are broken first by Edge, then Reaction, then Handling.
The rules for glitches and critical glitches on Vehicle Tests apply here.
The winning driver may change the Engagement Range for the vehicles on his side by one step with regards to all vehicles on the opposing side(s).
At the beginning of each subsequent Chase Combat Turn, if no one has succeeded to Break Off (below), each driver makes a new Vehicle Test.

Edit: Sam's initiative: 7d6.hits(5)=1 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4884358/), total of 8.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-09-15/1606:17>
yep
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <10-09-15/1634:44>
Here's mine: initiative 7 (7d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4884364/)
So that's a total of 9, 2IP (I still have that spell on that gives me +1 init and +1 IP).

Time to get some spirits out I think. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <10-09-15/2010:49>
I can't seem to find what vehicle we're in, so if anybody could remind me, I would be grateful :)

Meanwhile, here's Clem's initiative: Initiative ~ Reaction 7 + Intuition 4 (11d6.hits(5)=7) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4884413/) Wow, what a roll! So that's 18 for Clem, she's on top of this!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <10-09-15/2144:03>
Initiative: Reaction 8 + Intuition 3 = Pool 11 (11d6.hits(5)=4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4884467/)
Total: 15

Clem's the driver, but where is everyone else sitting? I'd put O'Connor behind the driver seat. It probably won't matter mechanically, but to set the picture.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-10-15/0303:41>
Snow is seated next to Con.  Initiative is Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/332477): 9d6t5+9 11

So looking at the modifiers mentioned, am I correct in believing that there is a negative 8d6 for being in a moving car and shooting at a person in another moving car with partial cover?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <10-10-15/0320:42>
I have no idea.  As long as I can see the other car it's okay.  I plan on sending over a spirit to hit the car with its accident power.  He's bound to go into the guardrail at one point and then we can peel him out of the car. :)

Quote
p193 base book (accident power, last paragraph):
If a critter uses Accident against a vehicle, it can force
the driver to make a Crash Test. The critter’s Magic attribute
serves as a negative dice pool modifier to the test.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <10-10-15/0324:43>
I have no idea.  As long as I can see the other car it's okay.  I plan on sending over a spirit to hit the car with its accident power.  He's bound to go into the guardrail at one point and then we can peel him out of the car. :)
Quote
p193 base book (accident power, last paragraph):
If a critter uses Accident against a vehicle, it can force
the driver to make a Crash Test. The critter’s Magic attribute
serves as a negative dice pool modifier to the test.
Or go flying over the side into the ocean.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <10-10-15/0528:31>
We wait until we arrive at a stretch of highway where this is no issue.  Besides, if you start shooting at his car you can have the same issue if you hit something important. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-10-15/1140:28>
Was not really planning on shooting anything.  I was just asking in case we were shot at.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-10-15/1523:04>
You are driving a BMW 400GT sedan.  Seating is 2 upfront, 3 in the back with comfort.  The stats are the same as a Hyundai Shin-Hyung (Arsenal p 109).

Hydro, you can go ahead and give me the first vehicle test.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <10-10-15/2303:57>
Alright, here's Clem's vehicle test:

Vehicle Test ~ Reaction 7 + Pilot Ground Craft 1 + Handling 2 (10d6.hits(5)=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4885232/) no glitches. I will guess we are pretty far away from him, so her first action will be to close the gap and get to close range.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-13-15/0031:02>
Okay, sorry folks, finals week.  Bacchus ties you on the vehicle roll so you will stay at long range.  Everyone else can take actions, Bacchus is using his actions to maintain speed and driving defensive.  You are both operating at 80 kph at the beginning of the scene, then both accelerated to 100.  Any faster will call down a vehicle test as it is more difficult to respond to the road at that speed.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-13-15/1332:49>
O'Connor grabbed his rifle out of the SUV's storage area. He rolled down the window and leaned out, up to his waist. He voice mostly lost to the wind, "Time to say hello."

[spoiler=OOC]
I assume that would take a complex action.
[/spoiler]

It will take a little more than a single complex action, you are in a sedan, not an SUV.  If you are going to access the trunk that will require you moving Snow basically into Torley's lap, and then accessing the trunk, and then moving a rifle into passenger compartment, and then doing the prep you mentioned.  All of which are complex actions, it will take more time if Torley isn't willing to help you.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-13-15/1336:00>
Sorry, I mean putting Snow into SAMMY'S lap, which will make it tough to summon a spirit.  I guess Torley is in the co-pilot's spot.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <10-13-15/1951:44>
So if I'm understanding this correctly, now we have all the passes to go through before Clem can make another attempt at gaining on Bacchus, correct

And if I'm not mistaken, one chase turn is divided into passes, so O'Connor should be able to get himself set up for the next chase turn after 4 passes, correct?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-13-15/2115:18>
So if I'm understanding this correctly, now we have all the passes to go through before Clem can make another attempt at gaining on Bacchus, correct

Pretty much, you can take driving actions to improve your chances to gain, but until the next round you will not close.

And if I'm not mistaken, one chase turn is divided into passes, so O'Connor should be able to get himself set up for the next chase turn after 4 passes, correct?

Yes, though in doing so he will be shoving the incapacitated hacker into the mage who is also trying to actions.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <10-13-15/2333:55>
It's fine, I'll edit it to the machine pistol. I thought this was an SUV, I'd have done things a bit different if I knew it was a sedan.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-14-15/0113:01>
Alright.  So was Snow able to do any of the things in my post?  Or is this all happening simultaneously?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-14-15/0441:38>
Simultaneous
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-16-15/1743:38>
Okay now that Thvor has finally checked in, Necro have O'Conner spray and pray with his actions at Extreme range, and then we can move to what will hopefully be a quicker chase round 2.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <10-16-15/2235:50>
I'm actually going to use my turn to take two Take Aim actions.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <10-17-15/0846:45>
Here is Clem's second turn test: Driving 2nd turn ~ Reaction 7 + Pilot Ground Craft 1 + Handling 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/334367): 10d6t5 2 no glitches.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-18-15/0058:57>
You won the vehicle test, you can close to long range. and the rest of the team can take actions also.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-18-15/0106:25>
Did my actions happen yet or am I still waiting for something?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <10-18-15/0350:32>
That's what Clem will do then, close in on Bacchus. Do you want me to write something to that effect?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-18-15/1758:36>
Mercy, let me look over what you wanted to do and let you know how far along you are.

Hydro, that would be good, just keep in mind you are closing from extreme to long range.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-22-15/2244:17>
Okay, first of all, new apologies again for disappearing.  I started a new job, had finals, started new classes and had a mini vaycay to Charlotte all in about a 10 day period.  I am finally getting things back on track.

I also needed to refresh myself on what Snow was trying to do.  It didn't help that what she WANTS to do and what Mercy said she was doing were two different things. To be clear at the top, you cannot take an action (even a free action) before you roll initiative, so Snow went VR with her meat initiative and had a single pass in her first round.  She can't directly access the vehicle, she has to hack Bacchus's PAN (kind of a funny coincidental turn of phrase there) to get to the car.  Her first action was going VR, finding Bacchus (who is not hiding or she would have been screwed) and begin accessing his link.

Necro, I need to know if Con is shooting at Bacchus or the car.

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-22-15/2323:04>
OK.  Have we finished the turn or does someone still need to act before new initiatives are rolled?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <10-23-15/0036:33>
Car
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <10-23-15/0440:45>
I have done my two actions for the first turn.  I'm not sure if we already done the second turn.  And invisible castle seems to be down again.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-23-15/1212:05>
OK.  Have we finished the turn or does someone still need to act before new initiatives are rolled?

Everyone has acted in round one, Con and Clem have already posted their round two actions.  Your first round was spent finding the PAN.  I assume you will begin to Hack on the Fly this round, once you have at least Security access you can attempt a Command to shut the car down. The extra is needed for the override of safety protocol.

BTW, since you didn'the need those rolls, you didn't spend any Edge.

Torrey and Sammy can act in round 2
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <10-23-15/1230:04>
Sam can't do much to help, so he's just going to hold until we get closer, or something comes up that he can deal with.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <10-24-15/1655:52>
I've done my actions and I finally managed to get a spirit.  Instead of accident, which can be very dangerous as it's a crash test, I gave him the optional power psychokinesis and I'm going to let him push the brakes.  That way we can catch up.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-25-15/1200:48>
If we are ready for the next turn, Snow's initiative is 14 at 3 IP.  Let me know when it is my turn so I can start the Hack on the Fly attacks.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-25-15/1346:51>
go ahead
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-25-15/1415:17>

Agility 5 + Automatics 4 + Take Aim 2 - Long Range 3 = Pool 8 - 2 Partial Light - 3 Firing from a moving vehicle= 3
Automatics (http://orokos.com/roll/334905): 8d6t5 7
Damage 4 + Explosive 1 + Hits 7 - Defense = Total 12 - Defense
Wide Burst: -2 to Defense Pool

3d6 = 3 hits
Quote


Agility 5 + Automatics 4 + Take Aim 2 - Long Range 3 = Pool 8 - 2 Partial Light - 3 Firing from a moving vehicle= 3
Automatics (http://orokos.com/roll/334906): 8d6t5 2
Damage 4 + Explosive 1 + Hits 2 - Defense = Total 7 - Defense
Wide Burst: -2 to Defense Pool

3d6 = 1 hit
Quote

Agility 5 + Automatics 4 + Take Aim 2 - Long Range 3 = Pool 8 - 2 Partial Light - 3 Firing from a moving vehicle= 3
Automatics (http://orokos.com/roll/334912): 8d6t5 2
Damage 4 + Explosive 1 + Hits 2 - Defense = Total 7 - Defense
Wide Burst: -2 to Defense Pool


3d6 = 1 hit



"Please go in that car," she said, indicating the shadow of the car in the astral, "and use your psychokinesis power to push the brakes and keep them pushed down."


Logic roll for F5 Spirit to understand what 'brakes' are: F5 spirit (http://orokos.com/roll/336963): 5d6t5 2 just missed a glitch
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <10-25-15/1419:29>
Logic roll for F5 Spirit to understand what 'brakes' are: F5 spirit (http://orokos.com/roll/336963): 5d6t5 2 just missed a glitch

That's why you take a higher force spirit, so it understands what you are talking about.  The spirit is actually smarter than I am, so if it doesn't understand, it should be smart enough to ask.  I should have been a bit more elaborate with it, but I didn't have much time so I shortened it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-25-15/1434:37>
Bacchus vehicular dodging (http://orokos.com/roll/336967): 5d6t5 2 5d6t5 1 4d6t5 1 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-25-15/1438:19>
Logic roll for F5 Spirit to understand what 'brakes' are: F5 spirit (http://orokos.com/roll/336963): 5d6t5 2 just missed a glitch

That's why you take a higher force spirit, so it understands what you are talking about.  The spirit is actually smarter than I am, so if it doesn't understand, it should be smart enough to ask.  I should have been a bit more elaborate with it, but I didn't have much time so I shortened it.

It would have asked, thus wasting actions, unless it glitched.  I am not trying to mess with you, but the interaction between the spirit world and the tech world should be a painful one, IMO.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-25-15/1550:15>
The Snow Queen on the car roof sends out her white minions to get a toehold on the enemy network.  Carving, scratching, biting; they know they have limited time to do their mistress's work.

[spoiler]First IP:  Begin hacking for security level access.  First IP for Hack on the Fly (http://orokos.com/roll/336987): 10d6t5 3  Three hits is not too bad[/spoiler]
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-25-15/1709:48>
Put this one in IC Mercy
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-26-15/1833:56>
Mercy, go ahead and roll the attempts for your other actions so I can do a write up for the round.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-26-15/2313:41>
Modded the post to include the second and third IP.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <10-27-15/0747:02>
Just so that we don't want on me for the next round, here is the next driving test: Driving 3rd turn ~ Reaction 7 + Pilot Ground Craft 1 + Handling 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/337424): 10d6t5 2 not great but at least no glitches this time :\
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <10-28-15/1921:57>
Reaction 8 + Intuition 3 = Pool 11
Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/337930): 11d6t5 5
Total: 16
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <10-28-15/2015:56>
Sam's initiative:  (http://orokos.com/roll/337953): 7d6t5 3, total of 10. Still not doing anything until we close in on Bacchus.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-29-15/0056:35>
Snow's initiative.  Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/338044): 9d6t5+9 13  13 and 3 IP
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <10-29-15/0312:43>
My initiative:
Sammy:7D6E5 → 4( (5, 5, 5, 2, 3, 3, 6→ 4 successes against 5) )#initiative (https://rolz.org/info?X5297190)
that makes 11 in total, 2IP

spirit initiative (Fx2)+3:
Sammy:10D6E5 → 2( (3, 3, 3, 2, 4, 3, 6, 2, 5, 4→ 2 successes against 5) )#spirit initiative (https://rolz.org/info?X5297747)
That makes 15, 2IP as it has to materialise to affect the car.

EDIT: following Necro's update of the rules (thanks), I've rolled the init of the spirit again and now it's 15 (which is a lot more logical).  The rest stays the same.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <10-29-15/0343:04>
Spirits of Air have an initiative of (Fx2) + 3, SR20A, pg 302
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-29-15/1522:56>

That makes 15, 2IP as it has to materialise to affect the car.


Well I guess that means that Snow will be the one stopping the car, as long as she doesn't glitch the Command action.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <10-29-15/1626:27>
Snow has 13 and the spirit 15, so isn't the spirit first?  Not that it really matters, as long as the car is stopped and the spirit can always make sure it stays stopped. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-29-15/2058:35>
I misread what you wrote, I thought you were saying the spirit wouldn't be able to act until the 2nd pass because it had to materialize.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-29-15/2101:10>
Not a problem for me.  If the spirit stops the car, Snow will try to keep it stopped.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-29-15/2123:58>
To keep anyone from getting nervous, we are out of rounds.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-29-15/2233:03>
Snow's initiative for next turn, then.  Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/338326): 9d6t5+9 13  So 13 and 3IP
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <10-30-15/0226:14>
I put the materialise thing to indicate why it only had 2IP and not 3, which it would have when it could stay on the astral.  I'll try to be more clear the next time. :-[
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <10-30-15/0450:25>
Initiative ~ Reaction 7 + Intuition 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/338408): 11d6t5 5 Sorry for the delay. Clem has an initiative of 16
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <10-30-15/1024:39>
I will be away for the week-end, so don't expect much from me until Monday.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <10-30-15/1105:15>
Which part of "we are out of rounds" did you guys miss in my last post?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <10-30-15/1211:47>
The part where I just saw others roll their initiative and thought I forgot mine before reading the rest of the messages :p
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-30-15/2235:21>
Sorry.  I thought that meant that we needed to roll initiative for the next round.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-02-15/1037:01>
I am not sure how much time I am eating up with the extended search as it appears to be a GM choice of time interval.  I have rolled for three intervals so far.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-02-15/1218:11>
You can stop.  You will have everything you need on him as soon as I can write the post.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <11-03-15/0459:04>
Anybody have any ideas about what to do next?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <11-03-15/0536:22>
Technically speaking we've done what the Johnson sent us to do. We've established that our run and Bachuss are unconnected to the singer's death
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <11-03-15/0854:00>
might be, but I don't think we're going to work here long if we come with this back to Mr. J.

Also, I guess my knowledge about White Knight is now irrelevant.  Or maybe not.  We might go and have a look at his house or hangouts.  Another option is to track who's behind Bacchus and his money making scheme as I agree that it's probably not his idea to start with.

And always remember this piece of wisdom from countless detective series: when in doubt, check who benefits from the crime. :)
Unfortunately neither of the victims is married, otherwise the first rule of DiNozzo would apply: it's always the wife or husband. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <11-03-15/1034:58>
The job was to see if our previous run was connected to Daee's death; it isn't. The Johnson specifically said he doesn't care about stopping the killer, just figuring out how they got to Daee. We were hired to follow the lead the cops didn't have, we did. There was no clause about it having to not be a dead end.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <11-03-15/1110:51>
You have a point, but let's first see if we can squeeze a few more names out of Bacchus.  Somewhere in that scheme is probably someone with a reputation to protect and then we can either squeeze that person for some money to keep silent or do the same to Mr. J to give him the name.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <11-03-15/2059:55>
But we still don't know how the killer (killers) got to them. We only know that Bacchus is clueless so far, which doesn't exclude the possibility he might have inadvertently leaked info on Daee/Whyte.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <11-03-15/2109:39>
How could he possible know where Daee was living? And Whyte was killed at a public event he was scheduled to attend.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <11-04-15/0036:49>
Sounds like Steve Patterson was the club owner. Did we already know that, or did we just shoot up the place half-cocked?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-04-15/0702:14>
You knew that, but not until after you shot up the club.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <11-04-15/0711:01>
We can still track him down and have a little chat with him.  If I recall correctly, he wasn't even in the club when we hit it.

Note to team: we should get some Laes, or Lael at the least.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-04-15/0818:10>
True, though last you heard, he was in police custody.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <11-04-15/1826:54>
We can keep playing twenty questions, but the repetition of I don't know in all-caps makes me think we're trying to tap a dry well.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-04-15/1907:41>
Oh darn, I was hoping I was being subtle not asking for interrogation rolls.  Feel free to continue though.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <11-04-15/2245:13>
@Mercy: Bacchus has, well had, cyberlegs. He'll be fine...ish. Well, at least if you stabilize him from dying from shock. Please do that though, it'd be a shame for my plan to fall through because he was inconsiderate enough to die. And its First Aid or Magic, you don't get to double dip.

@Crossbow: Those were cyberlegs right? Or is he a changeling or have biomods?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-04-15/2305:16>
I was under the impression that it is first aid then magical healing, but that first aid cannot be used if magic was already used first.  Page 252.  I certainly could be wrong.  And I would think that unless Con is a surgeon and knows exactly where to aim, using explosive rounds on the legs is bound to do some damage to the man as well as to the cyber limbs.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <11-04-15/2312:03>
I don't have my books in front of me, but I'm fairly sure it's Medicine that gets to stack with other types of healing.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-04-15/2353:09>
If that is so, then all I have is those 6 hits.  Not my best. 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-05-15/0014:48>
@Crossbow: Those were cyberlegs right? Or is he a changeling or have biomods?

You are verifying that NOW?   ??? :D

Yes, cyberlegs.   Mercy, rewrite and keep the edge, first roll is sufficient to treat the shock and residual wounds.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <11-05-15/0030:26>
@Crossbow: Those were cyberlegs right? Or is he a changeling or have biomods?
You are verifying that NOW?   ??? :D
Yes, O'Connor isn't big on foresight. So to be true to character I make assumptions, roll the dice and then confirm.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-05-15/0147:54>
Modded my post
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <11-05-15/2143:27>
Anything unique about the Warhawk I got off Bacchus? Rich poser boy seems like the type to bling out anything and everything.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-06-15/1750:58>
Anything unique about the Warhawk I got off Bacchus? Rich poser boy seems like the type to bling out anything and everything.

Nope, not so lucky, you can get a the non-concealable shoulder rig and the 2 speed-loaders ( 1 regular, 1 of HE) when you pat him down.

So what are you guys doing now?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <11-06-15/1837:38>
Hell yeah, I'm taking that. This is the second Warhawk I've picked up on a run. Think I'm going to try and make that a thing. The book has explosive and EX-explosive rounds, nothing labeled as High Explosive rounds. Or are these helium rounds? :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <11-07-15/1428:16>
Snow: you can drive the car remotely if you want, or just program it to drive to a hospital.  You don't have to be physically in the car and you better don't, unless you want to clean it up (evidence and such) before leaving it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-07-15/1924:01>
Call it explosive rounds.  The book says HE for some reason.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-07-15/1953:19>
Right now Snow needs a bit of space.  She will wipe down the car to clear the prints from it, but she will agree to transfer from the car once they get closer to the hospital and then set the auto pilot.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-09-15/1944:59>
You are some lucky so-and-so's  ;)

Surprise Threshold (http://orokos.com/roll/341802): 13d6t5 1

I am going to assume even Torley's CP'd behind can mage 1 hit

But it is still ugly, Snow suffers an 8S and the others suffer a 10S resisted with HALF Impact armor, because neither driver was surprised there is no follow up crash, but both vehicles do stop.

IC post description is coming soon, but feel free to roll resistance.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <11-09-15/2042:35>
Damage Resist ~ Body 5 + Toughness 1 + Impact Armour 9/2 (http://orokos.com/roll/341860): 11d6t5 3 no glitches, so that means 7S for Clem.

Edit: Perception 〜 Intuition 4 + Perception 3 + Perceptive 1 + Reception Enhancer 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/341943): 10d6t5 2 no glitches.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <11-09-15/2228:58>
Sorry, for whatever reason I didn't receive a notification about the IC thread having been updated. :( On the surprise, Sam gets a DP of four, which is enough to buy a hit.

Damage resistance: Body (3) + Impact Armor/2 (2): (http://orokos.com/roll/341927) 5d6t5 2, so 3S for Sam. :P

Perception: Int (5) + Skill (5) + Specialization (2) - Wound (1): (http://orokos.com/roll/341930): 11d6t5 5
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <11-09-15/2239:34>
With 2 hits you get 8S, Thvor :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-09-15/2304:57>
Resist stun.  Body 2 + Impact 4/2 = 4d6 (http://orokos.com/roll/341977): 4d6t5 1  Snow takes 7S, but no glitch.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <11-10-15/0025:25>
Gah, you're right. Not sure why I had 5 in my head. So 8S--he's almost knocked out. But that just reduces his perception dice pool by one more, and the last die wasn't a hit, so still 5 hits on that test.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <11-10-15/0138:17>
Resist
Body 3 + 1/2 Impact 3 = Pool 6
Stun Resist (http://orokos.com/roll/342233): 6d6t5 3
Total Damage: 7S

Perception
Intuition 3 + Perception 3 + Visual 2 - CM 2 = Pool 6
Perception (Visual) (http://orokos.com/roll/342234): 6d6t5 2

Initiative
Reaction 8 + Intuition 3 - CM 2 = Pool 9
Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/342235): 9d6t5 4
Total : 13
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <11-10-15/0216:40>

But it is still ugly, Snow suffers an 8S and the others suffer a 10S resisted with HALF Impact armor, because neither driver was surprised there is no follow up crash, but both vehicles do stop.

IC post description is coming soon, but feel free to roll resistance.

Crossbow: what's the protection offered by the car (seat belts and such)?  There exists a modification in Arsenal called passenger protection (rated 1 to 6), which in some vehicles is standard.  Do we have this and if yes, how much?

Other than that: resist check:
Sammy:7D6E5 → 2( (1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 6, 3→ 2 successes against 5) )#body 4 + impact 3 (https://rolz.org/info?X5562285)
This gives me 8 stun.  With the 3 stun I already had from casting that makes 10S and 1P and I'm out cold.  Unless those had gone already (I'm not sure about the interval and how much time has passed in the meantime).

Good luck fighting that mage without me (there has to be a mage if there's a mana barrier over the road). :)

EDIT: I just realise that I have a standard docwagon contract.  I'm not sure when and how that goes off, but if it does if someone goes unconscious from a car accident that provides overflow damage, than it just did.  Just saying.  And the team knows that I have this, as I said so when we were in that warehouse at the end of mission 1 (whether they remember is of course something else).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-10-15/1014:00>
AFB at the moment, but I will let you know about the cars.  I would like to give you the recovery, but I can't.  You guys only got maybe 10 minutes of driving before the barrier.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <11-10-15/1031:27>
Just realized Crossbow had also called for initiative.

REA(2)+INT(5)-CM(2) (http://orokos.com/roll/342354): 5d6t5 2, total of 9.

Assuming the combat paralysis kicks in (extremely likely), Sam only gets one hit, for a total of 8.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <11-10-15/1230:57>
AFB at the moment, but I will let you know about the cars.  I would like to give you the recovery, but I can't.  You guys only got maybe 10 minutes of driving before the barrier.

No problem.  I'll sit this one out.

Just a heads-up: I'll be away on holiday without internet access from November 30th until December 13th.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <11-10-15/1320:00>
Not to derail the adventure, but I did find this:
Quote from: Arsenal, page 103
SAFETY SYSTEMS AND CRASHING
Commercially sold vehicles are required by law to feature seat belts and air bags for forward-compartment passengers (and sometimes also for side compartments as well); many jurisdictions also require travelers to wear safety belts or risk heavy fines. Putting on a seatbelt takes a Complex Action, removing one is a Simple Action.

Air bags automatically go off when a vehicle suffers a serious jolt or crash (gamemaster’s discretion). For this reason, shadowrunners often disable such systems, to avoid having them go off in the middle of a chase or fight. Disabling an air bag system requires a Logic + Automotive Mechanic (4, 5 minutes) Extended Test. When an airbag is activated, the protected character is pinned for a full Combat Turn; the airbag also obstructs line of sight.

According to the standard SR4 vehicle combat rules, passengers are not injured if their vehicle crashes or is destroyed. This assumes the proper use of safety features and other mitigating factors. If the characters are not wearing seatbelts and/or have disabled the airbag systems, gamemasters should feel free to inflict Physical damage on characters during vehicle crashes equal to the damage taken by the vehicle, resisted with Body and half Impact armor (round down).

It seems weird to me that the car could be totally destroyed, and yet everyone in it walks away fine, so I'm ok with Crossbow saying "F that, I'm in charge and you're all taking stun damage". It's about the story, right?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <11-10-15/1343:15>
We had here some time ago a emergency doctor who tried to raise awareness about driving and drinking by showing pictures of car crashes he had seen.  You would be surprised what kind of wrecks people can still walk out of.

On the other hand, if an airbag goes of in your face while you are forced against your seat belt, you will feel it.  This is the stun damage (I've seen the bruises from a seat belt, game technically that's stun damage).  So I totally agree that we take stun damage, maybe just the amount is for me for obvious reasons open to discussion. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-10-15/1611:07>
I got a chance to check Arsenal.  Neither the Jackrabbit or the BMW come with any standards upgrades, let alone passenger protection.

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-10-15/2027:08>
O'Connor and Snow are at 13
Torley is at 8
Not finding Clem's initiative

Snow is trying to cover the short distance between the cars as part of her first action, but I am seeing no other action description.

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <11-10-15/2056:35>
What positions are the cars in? Straight with the lanes or did they turn from the crash?

What's the terrain like? There any overpasses? Is the median just a barrier or is there foliage?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <11-11-15/0236:14>
Initiative ~ Reaction 7 + Intuition 4 - Wounds 1 (http://orokos.com/roll/342616): 10d6t5 2 no glitches, so that's 13 for Clem. Her first action will be to get out of the car and find cover, while gettin her SMG out. She will then look around and try to assess the situation.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-11-15/0700:07>
What positions are the cars in? Straight with the lanes or did they turn from the crash?

What's the terrain like? There any overpasses? Is the median just a barrier or is there foliage?

The cars stop mostly straight in a relatively straight portion of the roadway, which is 6 lanes wide here with a waist high concrete median.  You are still mostly traveling over water, but the surrounding area has several island hills.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-14-15/1307:09>
So I have spent the last few days trying to make a map for you guys, but I have learned that it is a lot easier to manipulate an existing image rather than build one from scratch.  I have also decide it is probably not really necessary.  Suffice it to say, the only significant cover are your cars and the rails on the edges and the median. 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-14-15/1333:51>
lol  Snow does not even realize there is a need for taking cover.  She is just focused on getting to the other car to help anyone who needs it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <11-14-15/1401:59>
And I never left cover. ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <11-14-15/1504:00>
It's kind of hard for anyone to take active cover until we identify the direction we need cover from. :) Not that Sam's thinking that way--any cover he has from sitting in the ground with his back to the car, waiting for his head to stop spinning, is purely inadvertent. But welcome. ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <11-14-15/2323:39>
I dumped so much into Dodge, O'Connor generally doesn't need cover.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-15-15/0217:19>
Where are we on the IP?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <11-15-15/0228:32>
We're waiting on Crossbow I believe.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <11-15-15/1013:21>
It looks like a spirit attack.  Good luck guys and have fun. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-15-15/2226:41>
I am not sure at what point we are in this.  Snow is still trying to get to the other car with her medkit.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-16-15/0834:15>
We are seconds after crashing into the barrier.  Still first  IP at initiative 13.  You have declared your action, waiting on clem, then torley
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <11-16-15/0941:43>
Oh, I thought running out of the car and readying her firearm was her first action. Should I assume that is done? But in any case, I used full defence for the attack, so Clem can't do anything.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <11-16-15/0959:44>
And if I recall correctly, Torley was sitting with his back to the car being paralysed. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <11-16-15/1004:08>
Well, at least extremely out of it. :) I'm not sure anyone should expect coherency from him for a while.

I hope Con and Clem can (somehow) deal with the sniper and whatever mage is nearby, at least long enough for Snow to get Sammy back on her feet. :-\
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-16-15/1008:47>
Me too.  That 6S hit is really slowing Snow down.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <11-17-15/2102:28>
Why don't we get armor on the resist roll?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-17-15/2136:31>
targeting exposed skin
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-17-15/2305:56>
Okay, now would be the time to make it clear about your third attacker(s), if you take an action to look for them, now that you know they are there, it is a threshold 2, instead of a threshold 4, to spot them.  Once you have them in sight, attacks will be as normal unless they do something sneaky.  Or you can hope that casual perception with protect you, your choice. 

Second passes
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-17-15/2356:37>
Snow is going to keep heading to the other car.  She cannot account for everyone.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-18-15/0849:37>
You will reach the other car with the overall move action, and will be able to find Sammy knocked out.  Since you only have two passes per turn you can start treatment on the next turn.

Clem and Con both aborted their first passes to defense, so, no, they do not have weapons ready.  Assuming you are doing so now.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-18-15/1027:44>
Super.  I will wait until everyone else is done with all IPs then roll initiative for the second turn.  My intent is to use the first aid kit on Sammy then call out to find out who is worst off.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-18-15/1221:45>
That will probably be O'Conner, but he won't say anything. ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <11-18-15/1301:10>
Well, Sam's in bad shape, but he's not important tactically. And he's feeling loopy enough that he doesn't realize just how bad things are, so he's not going to be asking for help, either. :D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-18-15/1659:32>
Just realized something, Snow is going to need several turns uninterrupted to get Sammy back up, being attacked is definitely an interruption.  Mercy, you will need to deal with the drone before Snow can start, and preferably before you expose a patient to them.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <11-18-15/1749:31>
Edited my last post, and for shame, I had such a great roll :(
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-19-15/0349:27>
Snow's initiative for the second turn is Initiative  9d6t5 - 2d6 for stun (http://orokos.com/roll/345150): 7d6t5+9 12
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <11-19-15/0457:16>
First IP 3 and 4 of Clem and O'Connor.  I have a feeling that this fight is not going well at the moment.

I have a question: if I go unconscious and I have a spell on meself in a focus, is that spell gone, or does it stay on?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <11-19-15/0508:27>
And the sniper, mage, spirit, drones and presumably a rigger. Point is Mercy, its not your turn, and at the current pace it won't be for a good long while.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <11-19-15/0756:50>
A spirit only has 2 IP while materialised (which it is if you can see it).  A mage probably won't have more than 2 IP.  If he has, please kill him but leave the focus he puts the IP spell in unharmed because well... dibs. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-19-15/1017:58>
Sorry.  Deleted the post.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-19-15/1243:53>
We are at the second pass of the first round, snow does have an action at 13, like O'Conner and Clem.  Her full movement was taken low crawling between the cars and she can't actually to help anyone yet, but if she wants to do so in the second round, she needs to find and deal with the drone first, which she can still do.  Second passes have been declared for the heavies.  I am willing to bet 3rd passes will be burned for defense once I post ic this evening for the bad guys.  Next post should from snow looking for her attacker, hopefully.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-20-15/0029:52>
Snow will look for her attacker and draw her gun.  Is that the entire IP or can she also shoot it?  Snow has Image Link so can she see what Clem or Con are seeing?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-20-15/0558:01>
Even if the links were shared, you wouldn't get an advantage from that.  If you are looking hard, you wouldn't be able to draw and fire in the same action as well.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <11-20-15/0645:47>
This sounds like a tough fight, especially without a mage by our side :(
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-20-15/0950:06>
OK  I will mod the post to just be looking.  Not that it does me any good with that roll and my stun negative modifier.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-20-15/1755:05>
I might suggest that this would be a good time for an edge re-roll, the way I am doing it, once you can spot them they stay spotted, but as long as you can't see them they are dangerous.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-21-15/0016:16>
Modded the post to use edge.  Got one hit.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-21-15/1202:43>
Okay, this fight is supposed to be tough, give you guys a taste of getting ambushed, and heightening the tension, but not a TPK or even a Partial TPK.  So I am going to use this as a teaching example for our newer player.

Near as I can tell, (let me know if I get this wrong, Mercy) Snow is doing her job, making sure everyone stays up and in the fight.  She is low-crawling from one car to the other, which is just movement, you get that over the course of the turn.  She has two passes, and looking is a simple action, actively looking for a specific thing (like a hidden attacker) actually gives a bonus to that roll (+3d6), which she has two of in a turn.  Readying a weapon or firing a gun are also simple actions.  A physical attack is a complex action.

To this point, she has declared movement and taken 1 simple action in 2 passes, which she didn’t do to full capacity.

To speed this along, I will roll some for you if that is okay.

7d6 is a reasonably good chance to see with a Threshhold of 2 , so Edge before the roll is not something you want to consider.

Intuition 4 + Perception 2 + Actively Looking 3 - WM 2 = (http://orokos.com/roll/345824): 7d6t5 2

You see it and you are readying a weapon, you also now get a defense roll when it attacks and will use Armor to defend the hit.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-21-15/1302:34>
Thanks.  I did not realize I can get a bonus for actively looking.  Snow feels better all of a sudden.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <11-22-15/0438:32>
Okay, this fight is supposed to be tough, give you guys a taste of getting ambushed, and heightening the tension, but not a TPK or even a Partial TPK.

It sure is tough.  One more of those hits on O'Connor and he's in overflow. :'(

I'm just going to mention that from the 29th of November until the 13th of December I'm away without internet access, so I will probably not be able to help in this fight, even if Snow manages to get me back up.  I'll probably have to let one of the other players take control of my character for this fight, but I guess for Sammy the priorities are 'get invisible', 'get rid of the spirit' (by taking away their services, that was possible as Crossbow did it with mine in the Needle), 'stunbolt anything alive I can see'.  And hope I don't go back down from the drain.  Or start shooting at things, even though I'm not so good at it. :(
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-22-15/1110:50>
We will take care of you, things might slow down a whole lot around then anyway.  I am starting a new job on the 1st.  Part of the reason things have been slower lately is that I have been at a new job since the end of October.  This NEWER job will be even more hours.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-23-15/1843:06>
Clem soaks the damage, but she still has to resist the shock incapacitating effect, Body + Will + Impact/2 + Toughness vs a threshold 3.

O'Conner can go ahead with his 4th pass and then folks can roll initiative.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <11-23-15/2224:44>
Shock Resistance ~ Body 5 + Will 3 + Impact Armour 9/2 + Toughness 1 (http://orokos.com/roll/346676): 14d6t5 3 No glitches. So Clem still stands, but if I'm not mistaken she still has her third pass to do, since she didn't go on full defence for that last attack, right?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-23-15/2232:00>
That wasn't a full defense?  Okay take your third pass.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <11-24-15/0045:36>
Edited my last post to put Clem's attack in it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <11-24-15/0216:51>
Reaction 8 + Intuition 3 - CM 3 = Pool 8
Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/346737): 8d6t5 2
Initiative: 10
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-24-15/0242:59>
Why initiative?  I thought someone had a fourth pass?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <11-24-15/0313:20>
Already took it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <11-24-15/0539:42>
Reaction 7 + Intuituon 4 - Damage Modifier 1 - Shocked 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/346752): 8d6t5 3 No glitches, so that's 11 for Clem's initiative.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-24-15/0922:31>
Initiative for Snow.  Reaction 5 + Intuition 4 - stun 2.  Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/346768): 7d6t5+9 11  So 11 and 2IP.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <11-24-15/1106:46>
Sam's initiative:
REA(2)+INT(5)-CM(2) (http://orokos.com/roll/346791): 5d6t5+7 => 8

Only one IP.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <11-24-15/2114:20>
Oh sorry, made a mistake calculating initiative as Thvor made me realize. Clem's initiative is 14 and O'Connor should be right behind with a 13, then Snow with 11 and finally Torley with 8.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Necrogigas on <11-24-15/2243:28>
How many drones left?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <11-24-15/2249:17>
Crossbow, did you catch Clem's attack on the spirit? Seems kind of odd that such a high roll wouldn't produce any sort of noticeable effect...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: HydroRaven on <11-24-15/2353:26>
Dang, I really thought that roll would have gone through. Guess we'll have to hold out and wait for Sammy to take care of this spirit.

Turn 2, Pass 1 Full Defence ~ Reaction 7 + Athletics 2 - Damage Modifier 1 - Shocked 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/346981): 6d6t5 2 No glitches. So that's 1 net hit for the spirit.

Turn 2 Pass 1 Damage Resistance ~ Impact Armour 9/2 + Body 5 + Toughness 1 (http://orokos.com/roll/346988): 11d6t5 5 No glitches.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-25-15/0008:11>
I understand that the drones are down?  If so, I do not know what help my gun has against spirits.  Is it feasible to go after Sammy at this point?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <11-25-15/0025:07>
I think we need more information from Crossbow before we know where we stand tactically. I got the impression that Sam saw a fair number of "dragonflies" (drones), but we don't know how many there are. And since the spirit's materialized, it should be vulnerable to physical damage, which is why I asked about whether or not Clem had managed to hit it at the end of the last round. But if Clem can't hit it, then we need to find the mage who summoned it instead, which may be a tough task.

Incidentally, this is all stuff that's over Sam's head, so he's not going to be acting on it. :D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <11-25-15/0244:59>
Actually the reason why the spirit is so difficult to hit is because they have immunity to normal weapons.  If the damage is less than a certain amount (I'm not sure how much that actually is and I'm away from my books at the moment) it doesn't do anything at all.  So you have to go above a certain threshold before you actually do any damage and even then they still have quite a lot of soak (all this is, like everything with spirits, linked to their force and the type of spirit).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-25-15/0450:01>
Okay, so yes, I did miss Hydroraven editing his post for the attack, but unfortunately for you guys at the moment, farothel is correct, the damage is ignored due to its immunity after rolling defense.

 (http://orokos.com/roll/347015): 9d6t5 4

Attack is reduced to a 9DV which is in range of immunity.

On the other hand, you are not completely helpless against it.

Street Magic p.94

Attack of Will

An attack of will may only be conducted with a physical
or astral melee attack—willpower simply doesn’t work with
ranged attacks. Sometimes you are better off trying to smack a
spirit with a gun than attempting to shoot it. While an attack
of will can damage a spirit in spite of its formidable resilience
to non-magical attack, only the truly courageous, driven, or
mad have enough force of personality to affect a spirit.
When in melee with a spirit, a character may elect to
make an attack of will rather than a normal melee strike. The
character rolls his Banishing + Willpower (or just Willpower)
as his dice pool, and his base Damage Value is (Charisma)P
regardless of whether he is attacking with a spanner, combat
axe, or his bare hands. Reach modifiers (attacker’s or spirit’s)
do not apply to this test. The attack of will bypasses the spirit’s
Immunity to Normal Weapons and is otherwise resolved as a
normal melee attack (see p. 146, SR4). This form of attack is
only effective against spirits.


On the drone front, O'Conner's attacks destroyed the two menacing him, there is still one each for Clem, Snow and Torley.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: farothel on <11-25-15/0455:02>
That's probably something for Sam Torley to do, as he will probably have the highest willpower and charisma.

@Crossbow: I thought that the immunity was checked before the soak (anything below gets ignored, anything below gets soaked), but I'm away from my books, so I might be mistaken.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-25-15/0807:19>
You are correct, but the roll was for a defense check, not damage resistance
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Thvor on <11-25-15/1148:41>
That's probably something for Sam Torley to do, as he will probably have the highest willpower and charisma.

Charisma, yes, but unfortunately his Willpower isn't very high, so he'd have to use edge just to have a chance at hitting. :(
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-26-15/0809:44>
Happy American Thanksgiving to my New Beginnings family.

It has been really awesome running this game with you guys, thanks for sticking with me during the slumps.  I can't even say it is going to get better, as I said I start another new job next week, but I promise you I am here as long as you are.

Crossbow
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon
Post by: Crossbow on <11-26-15/0811:42>