NEWS

[OOC] Chicago Depths: Rolls and discussion

• 1169 Replies

joe15552

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <11-22-10/1533:04> »
I took out the bit about Ingmar summoning the watcher spirit, he would have probably known by now that would not have done any good. He's not quite that dumb... but he is dumb enough to wear an unneeded hazmat suit and clumsily try to function in it. I added a bit in the IC section too. I think it is important that the group know why he wants to be the last to attempt the climb.

AJBuwalda

• Chummer
« Reply #16 on: <11-22-10/1547:17> »
That's cool. Ruckus wil drag his ass up if necesary; It will most probably ennoy him additionally because you are a magic user, but he'll do it because he must :D
Greetings from the Netherlands, comrade!

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <11-22-10/1613:50> »
I've got all my gear on me in, on and around my smart-pack and i'm wearing my FFBA shirt with my armored vest. 

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <11-22-10/1639:13> »
Machete's Roll to try and determine what kind of thing took a shit like this.  I assume my Chicago Paracritters knowledge skill is logic linked so the DP is: Logic 3 + Paracritters 2 + PuSHeD 1 = 6 6d6.hits(5)=4

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #19 on: <11-23-10/0047:05> »

Nono. I fly my blimp to the 30th floor, take pictures, and construct a 3D image of what we'll be climbing through - looking for boobytraps, treehouses, and overstressed beams.

Heh, you might regret that in a moment, but I'll post up what you find.  BTW, the floors are all burned up to the 60th.  The middle 30 of those floors being little more than the support beams with a few interspersed landings.

Oh, by the way, the landings are mostly towards the outside.  The spiraled central support columns aren't too far to reach the landings, but they're not on the way/overhead if you climb up the center, which, quite honestly, would be a relatively simple ascent.  The other option would be to go up the window rings, but, there's more debris on the outside.
« Last Edit: <11-23-10/1503:07> by Kontact »

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #20 on: <11-23-10/0048:56> »
Machete's Roll to try and determine what kind of thing took a shit like this.  I assume my Chicago Paracritters knowledge skill is logic linked so the DP is: Logic 3 + Paracritters 2 + PuSHeD 1 = 6 6d6.hits(5)=4

It's Gargoyle shit.  No doubt about it.  Big son of a bitch too.
You know that gargoyles are tough bastards whose skin can shrug off most small arms fire.
You also know that if it's up for a fight it'll start with hit and run tactics and use stealth to its advantage.
Finally, you know that they don't usually run in packs.

Go ahead and roll tracking to test for freshness... if you like.  Might be able to tell you how hungry it is. :D
« Last Edit: <11-23-10/0150:35> by Kontact »

AJBuwalda

• Chummer
« Reply #21 on: <11-23-10/0631:59> »
Just looked up the Gargoyle... That's a badass :D I'm  a thrill seeker; what would be a better target!

AJBuwalda

• Chummer
« Reply #22 on: <11-27-10/1957:07> »
Lets get going! I get that not everybody has time in every day, but we should get going.

joe15552

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <11-27-10/2100:54> »
/agree AJ

Just wanted to check in and let everyone know I am still stalking this forum. Enjoy.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <11-27-10/2149:34> »
Ready to move on as well, Turkey Day is over for me.

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #25 on: <11-28-10/0105:50> »
If you've got any questions you want to pose or background you want filled out, I suppose we could get that out of the way now.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <11-28-10/0134:17> »
Did I get the database I wanted?

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #27 on: <11-28-10/0535:25> »
The wine data, yeah.  Fuggedaboutit.  Dat is cheap.  60 yen for a rating 6 vintage wines chip.  Consider it a lifestyle/expense account thing that Mike would have included when he farmed out the job, like the Freezefoam for easy transport.  Way I see it, he'll make sure that you guys had the tools needed to get the job done.  Otherwise, he doesn't get his % (minus hazard pay...)

BTW, I hope you don't mind me writing in little things like that to keep the prep work a touch less academic.  I mean, I don't expect you guys playing to start this set of runs off with intimate knowledge of salvage work in the 6th world like your characters would.  That's part of the reason I started you into the action and past the negotiations.  Trying to immerse you into the world a bit at a time.  At the same time, I don't want to interrupt your fun if you like to do prep and make plans.  It's going to be all you guys from here out.

Any questions about the entry to the scene and the people in the building and on the way to the building?
« Last Edit: <11-28-10/0553:50> by Kontact »

joe15552

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <11-28-10/1400:22> »
I have some questions about the people and the environment.

What time of day is it?
What season is it?
Is the weather hot, cold, rainy, windy, or sunny?
Did the squatters have anything in common like, same metahuman race or ethnicity? Age? Sex? Did they carry weapons? Baseball bats or laser canons? Did they act like social rejects out in the dumps because they can't find a social place in Chicago, or did they act like angry exiles that were pissed to be out here? Did they proudly fly any gang-related signs or flags? Did they speak English with an American accent or a British accent or did they not speak English well at all? Were any of them missing any limbs or have any big scars in obvious places? Like claw marks across the face or neck? How did they react to our mode of transport? Like hungry animals waiting to strip any mechanical object within their line of sight, or did they not care about our trans?

lol, sorry, I think too much. But, since you asked, there's some questions. Don't feel obligated to answer them all.  :o
« Last Edit: <11-28-10/1402:35> by joe15552 »

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <11-28-10/1604:24> »
I got no problem with the drop in at all, we were all basically able to cover what we wanted to with our opening blurbs, and avoid any professional faux pas that might come with a 'they meet at a bar' scenario.  I am a little concerned that our face wanted to geek the recipiants of our first real negotiations with Zoners, especially over maybe 100 nuyen in goods.

Just so it is said, and I know this is funny coming from me since I didn't read it very close the first time, but if it is character appropriate, take a look thru Feral Cities, and get some familiarity with how things work behind the wall.