NEWS

[IC] Chicago depths: Play thread

• 529 Replies

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #525 on: <08-02-12/1258:20> »
Machete's climbing rig is all put in place and with the help of his gecko grip he begins climbing down the side of the skeleton sky-scraper.  The wind whips his long black hair and looking out into the night the Aztlaner sees with this low-light vision the familiar constellations of little fires littered across the apocalyptic panorama, each one representing a huddle of zoners trying to keep the darkness at bay.

Junkrig

• Newb
  • know your source
« Reply #526 on: <08-02-12/1330:58> »
Jack examines the parcel nearest him, admiring the crude but thorough packaging job while mulling over all the myriad of possibilities the next few minutes might bring. Getting their score down safely may prove its own unexpected hazards, but he expects that effort will be a candy-coated-cake-walk compared to trying to deal with the fraggin' bug nest downstairs. They didn't have the firepower, or frankly, experience, to make a direct assault possible. Further, they had no real intel on the situation below. "Hector, anyway you can share with us the floor plans for the nest below?" Jack subvocalizes to the rest of the team, "If I can get my Spy-Fly drone in down there, we might be able to at least get some more data on what's going on. If the windows aren't totally gunked, we might be able to insert it on the way down via the descenders."
« Last Edit: <08-02-12/1815:01> by Junkrig »
Jack, CD, IC | OOC | Charsheet & Bio
I stole these: Matrix; Subvoc; Speaking; Thinking

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #527 on: <08-02-12/1506:29> »
Hanging in the air over 200 meters above ground, Devoted let his mind slip into the astral for a short moment.
He looked at the spirit that was still hovering nearby and watching over their safety and asked for its aid again.
"I am grateful for your unwavering vigilance, oh noble valkyrie. But as long as no enemies are near, would you use the power Odin has granted you to hasten the movement guided by my magic and to slow my allies, should they fall?"
He then opened his eyes again to the real world and started guiding the drone down towards the asphalt far below.

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #528 on: <08-03-12/0432:47> »
The AI quickly replies to Jack's request with a file download link.  Meanwhile, reviewing the trid feed from the blimp outside confirms that the floors from 50 to 70 are all blackened by the tar-like remnants of vaporized plasteel.  Above that, the windows are clear, but still can not be seen through, even with a light shinging into them.  Presumably this is because of the hive material covering everything on those floors.

Junkrig

• Newb
  • know your source
« Reply #529 on: <08-03-12/1231:08> »
Jack downloads the floorplans and queues them into his orientation system, giving him a little more, certainly questionable in places, insight into the hive levels. This feed is shared out instantly to the tacnet. Jack scans Gardener's signal and shoots him a quick message over the team channel, <<Hey Gard, you still rooted where we left ya? Up for moving yet?>>

Reaching into his sidebag near his hip, Jack pulls out a small container which he cracks open and then releases a small spy-fly drone, which begins hovering in the air near him. Jack fiddles with AR for a moment, programming the spy-fly with a route back towards Gardener, then downward toward the hive levels with a full-stealth, exploratory mission plan. The programmed route follows the mesh RFID trail Jack laid earlier, until it reaches the hive levels and begins deviating into regions unexplored. Satisfied, he watches the spy-fly zoom away from the team near the windows and disappear into the interior of the building. Jack then cracks the exterior seal on his internal air tank and begins refilling his auxillary air supply.
Jack, CD, IC | OOC | Charsheet & Bio
I stole these: Matrix; Subvoc; Speaking; Thinking