NEWS

My Player is a Vampire

• 33 Replies

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #30 on: <10-01-13/1446:31> »
On the trust issue. You aren't just trusting them to fight with you. You're trusting them not to rat. You're trusting them to spot dangers accurately and report them to you accurately. You might have to live for days and weeks in a safehouse with them and you have to sleep sometime.a  (Yikes, just realized how crazy that would be with a vampire)

The ratting issue is huge. You're entering a criminal conspiracy. You wouldn't even sell pot with people you didn't trust.

Not that it is impossible. Just the trust barrier is higher. I wouldn't say toss a vamp in with a random group of runners as games are often set up. There's a good chance the vamp would be attacked or the like.

The Vamp is ash.

Just saying :P

When I play, I usually play a mage.  And the FIRST time a run went south and I was faced with having to shack up in a safe house for 3 weeks to a month with a fucking VAMPIRE for the heat to die down? Yep, ASH! The first day. While it was Hybernating it would be targeted with an other cast, Edge enforced flamethrower (NO regenerating THAT, vampie!!!).

After all, we are not talking about just an other professional criminal here, we are talking about a highly skilled, trained MONSTER that eats the souls (essence) of PEOPLE. and now it's locked up in a safehouse..... with me... a juicy, essence filled juicebox as the only food at hand....

That pretty much covers it. Graphically...
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Malathis

• Chummer
« Reply #31 on: <10-02-13/1320:11> »
The Player should probably be prepared and have a secondary charachter available, as imo it's not a matter of if is charachter will die but when, it's just too much of a target. He might last for quite a long time, but eventually the wrong person is going to catch on and catch up with him.

There's also the posiblity of the Vamp charachter becoming to much of a focus of the group making it less fun for the other player's.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #32 on: <10-02-13/1535:49> »
ash
If this is the case, you might want to have some more powerful groups on either side of the asher / ashee line - types that would be very unhappy if their respective backed runners disappeared. Enough so that they would make life difficult for the surviving party. It's not a complete solution, but it's a deterrent.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #33 on: <10-02-13/1817:37> »
ash
If this is the case, you might want to have some more powerful groups on either side of the asher / ashee line - types that would be very unhappy if their respective backed runners disappeared. Enough so that they would make life difficult for the surviving party. It's not a complete solution, but it's a deterrent.

when the chips are down and you perceive it to be "Him or me".... "ME" usually wins out, regardless of the future consiquences.

and really, the Vamp player BETTER expect it. Simply by playing the snowflake, he is screaming "MEMEMEMEMEMMEMEMEMEMEME! <gasp> MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!!!!!" so yea, the other players at the table just might go "Screw you, vampie. Hello Payday!!" at the first opportunity... or they may wait till they feel they have no choice.

And remember. about 99% of player Charcater runners (and about 80 to90% of fiction runners) are several (dozen) bricks short of a full load.... and the only reason they DON'T commit mass murder before lunch is that they can't carry that much ammo....so wasting a Vamp, collecting $75,000 and calling it a day?? very plausible.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.