NEWS

Sirrurg and EuroAir Flight 329

• 31 Replies

Silence

• Omae
  • I swear, I'm innocent. Just ask the nuns.
« Reply #15 on: <08-27-13/2018:17> »
Most of the actions taken by Sirrurg that got him the name 'the Destroyer' were taken as he hunted the dragon-hunters. I believe in one of the books Harlequin makes references to the 'hunters becoming the hunted'. Bringing down an entire plane to kill one mage, or destroying a train to attack a single target is certainly within Sirrurg's MO.

When your own kind call you the Destroyer, and have used that title for thousands of years, you might want to consider a bit more precision in the future.  Especially when your kind is dragons, not a breed known for minimal collateral damage.
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend" - every instructor out there

"Maybe in your case, but he's a great buddy I'm leaving behind." - Siouxsie

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #16 on: <08-27-13/2032:51> »
Could be worse.  Could have made like Aden.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Silence

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <08-27-13/2044:45> »
Yeah, but Aden did that after they pretty much dared him to.  At least by dragon standards.  Folks forget that wiping out a city is mild, by dragon standards.  And all told, it looks like Sirrug had a higher body count over the years.  Aden just leveled Tehran.  Sirrug went hunting people, and kept taking out more than just the guy he was hunting.  A friend of mine said the dragons engineered the fall of the US because they were the only government at the time capable of taking out a dragon.  I guess Aztlan decided to step up into the big-boy shoes.  Now, if they weren't owned lock, stock and barrel by the Mexican drug cartels.
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend" - every instructor out there

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <08-27-13/2103:41> »
The attack was the first known sighting of Sirrurg, who was unknown at the time. If he was awake and active before that, it was well hidden, which isn't his usual MO.

The next time he's seen is a decade later, in Amazonia, with two other Great Dragons, stomping a mudhole in Aztechnology forces. Hulupa is the second, but the third's never been identified.
No. EuroAir 329 was attacked in 2041. Sirrurg was seen along with Hualpa and a third dragon when they were overthrowing the brazilian government and establishing the Amazonian nation in 2034.

I don't remember any specific mention of Sirrurg involvement (or any other dragon) in the 2049-2050 events when Amazonia and Aztlan invaded Colombia and Venezuela.

(As for the Third Dragon, Pobre, Hestaby, and the RainQueen are the three names that usually float around, but, there are other options.)
Dragons of the Sixth World specifically describes the third dragon as a feathered serpent, ruling out Hestaby. Arleesh is suggested.

I coulda sworn that it was 2021 when he attacked. Well nuts!

Egg on my face, gang.

Tagz

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <09-02-13/1053:02> »
Alright, thanks everyone.  What is known is pretty much what I knew already, but the speculations and possibilities exploded.  That's perfect.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <09-02-13/1434:25> »
Who is powerful and/or ballsy enough to fight off Sirrurg while traveling to Atlanta?

Silence

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <09-02-13/1459:33> »
Somebody who's dead now.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #22 on: <09-02-13/1608:06> »
Are they?

Silence

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <09-02-13/1632:53> »
Well, unless Sirrug was after Harlequin, I'd lay odds on the poor guy being dead.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #24 on: <09-02-13/1702:36> »
Sheila B.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Checkmate

• Newb
  • -]|[-
« Reply #25 on: <09-19-13/1712:20> »
Rumor is Sirrurg destroyed the flight to get at a single person. However, he earned his title by having a penchant for obliterating metahumans right and left. He's been wreaking havoc in South/Central America for decades. The most notable event was the release of his twist of fate/entropy power. To my knowledge his recent activities involve attempting to get his hands on the Sextant of Worlds in hopes of using it to magnify his entropy abilities.

-]|[-

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #26 on: <09-19-13/2040:13> »
You missed his work in Dirty Tricks, I take it?

Belker

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • The Butcher
« Reply #27 on: <09-19-13/2042:09> »
And Stormfront...
"Dog says to always wear your seatbelts, kiddies."
Missions Freelancer (CMP 2015 - The Tennessee Suite 1-4)

Checkmate

• Newb
  • -]|[-
« Reply #28 on: <09-20-13/0312:43> »
Yep, been playing the Stormfront campaign in my home game. We're still working on the Azzie campaign so I hadn't read it yet. I'm up to date now though.(on that at least... haven't read/played dirty tricks.) Apologies for the outdated info.

-]|[-
« Last Edit: <09-20-13/0314:41> by Checkmate »

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <10-27-13/0538:19> »
Sheila B.

Which kind of supports the notion of Sheila B. being the Shadowland poster Hecate . . .

Oooo . . . thread necromancy!