NEWS

[SR5] Rules Clarifications and FAQ

• 1699 Replies

martinchaen

« Reply #915 on: <01-08-14/1143:57> »
Q: Do cyberlimbs affect movement rate?
Specifically, if a character with AGI X has cyberlegs with AGI Y, and/or cyberams with AGI Y or Z, how would the player calculate movement rate?

As I see it, you can either:
1. Ignore the cyberlimb values entirely, and use the unaugmented values
2. Factor in the limbs used and average them (legs only, legs and arms, legs and arms and torso, legs and arms and torso and skull, depending on GM interpretation)
3. If considering running to require "careful coordination of all limbs", use the lowest value

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #916 on: <01-08-14/1228:43> »
Cyberlimb attributes aren't augmented attributes.
Anyway, the way I see it, your actual body still needs to keep up, or you'll have situations like your legs running off without you (or when lifting something, your cyberarms being torn off at the shoulder). So I'd use the lowest value of both your legs and main body (the Agility of your main body can still be augmented by other factors). So "careful coordination", not counting your arms.

Kanly

• Omae
« Reply #917 on: <01-08-14/1751:04> »
What can "Fire a Vehicle Weapon" constitute? Is it the same Complex Action for a SA shot and FA w/ 10 rounds?

Also do drones on auto pilot use the exact same rules?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #918 on: <01-08-14/1823:41> »
((Isn't that just for manual/remote control by players, giving drones and jumped-in riggers an advantage?))
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Kanly

• Omae
« Reply #919 on: <01-08-14/1849:20> »
I sure as hell hope so. But still, I'm confused.

bull30548

• Newb
« Reply #920 on: <01-12-14/1236:32> »
Ok so I am doing the conversion to fifth and need a clarification. As it was in fourth there was no strength requirement to lug around and HMG. However my player bought a gyro mount harness to hold it because it made sense due to  size and strength of the character.  My question is this in 5th edition does the harness mitigate the strength requirement?  I am house ruling it right now as it mitigates half the Strength you would normally need to just free hand it.  Also does the mount help lessen the actual RC before the multiplier is applied or after? If it is before and the character had a gas vent 3 and the gyro that would be 9 RC that would reduce a full auto burst (complex) of -10 down to 1 then multiplied by 2 = - 2 modifier. Or is it after with a -10 multiplied by 2 = - 20 then 9 RC applied = - 11.  I am thinking the first but thought I would ask anyway.
GM Guy
Catalyst Game Labs Agent

hayek

• Chummer
« Reply #921 on: <01-14-14/1258:02> »
p. 460 says "If the pain editor is active,..." but says nothing about activating the Pain Editor, or whether it is forced to activate from certain conditions (like an Adrenaline Pump).

Is it only active if it is currently editing pain (i.e. you've taken at least 3 boxes of damage)? Can you then turn it 'off' if you want? Can you willingly activate it without having taken any damage to get the bonus to Willpower?

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #922 on: <01-14-14/1837:23> »
p. 460 says "If the pain editor is active,..." but says nothing about activating the Pain Editor, or whether it is forced to activate from certain conditions (like an Adrenaline Pump).

Is it only active if it is currently editing pain (i.e. you've taken at least 3 boxes of damage)? Can you then turn it 'off' if you want? Can you willingly activate it without having taken any damage to get the bonus to Willpower?

With few exceptions that should make sense, all cyberware can be turned on and off at will.  Bone density changes are one of those exceptions where there is no 'off' button.  I'm not really the person to ask about the last question though.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #923 on: <01-14-14/1852:43> »
((Pain Editor is Bioware.))

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #924 on: <01-15-14/0032:12> »

Pfft - same concept, different name.  :P
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #925 on: <01-15-14/0252:54> »

Pfft - same concept, different name.  :P

Really? See, I never really saw bioware, which is a biological component, to be able to be turned off. I mean,
how does one turn off a bundle of nerves?

Elektrycerze3

• Omae
  • Russian Decker
« Reply #926 on: <01-15-14/0415:23> »
Really? See, I never really saw bioware, which is a biological component, to be able to be turned off. I mean,

With a knife =)
Speech | Matrix/Communication | Thought | Astral
“Forget hackers, I have my buddies Smith & Wesson: innovators of the point-and-click interface.”

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #927 on: <01-15-14/0552:30> »

With a knife =)

In this case, you will probably turn it on with the knife ;D

SirValeq

• Newb
« Reply #928 on: <01-16-14/1637:37> »
Question 1: can hosts run incognito? I only have the SR5 rulebook and all host mentioned there are easily recognizable entities. Can I have a generic host that is somewhere there in the Matrix, holding some protected information and running silent, so that people don't bump into it accidentaly? I would like a Matrix Search action (with a high enough score) to point to such host as a source of information on the subject of the query. Is this possible?

Question 2: Can two datajacks on two different metahumans be joined by cable? Specifically: can a rigger plug the cable from his control rig into someone's datajack and, for example, start controlling their installed cyberware without having to hack through the matrix?

Question 3: Let's assume a rigger+decker character, owning both a RCC and a deck. If the character is currently  running drones through the RCC, but also wants to hack something with the deck, does he have to plug out completely from the RCC? Or can one persona be linked to two devices at once? And if he does have to disconnect himself from the RCC, can drones still run their autosofts even though the master of PAN is offline?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #929 on: <01-16-14/1701:24> »
((You might want to ask those questions in their own topic, because they're not really ones requiring official clarifications.))

((1: JackPoint cannot be seen without the right code, so there's room for the GM there.))

((2: Datajacks note that you can run a wire between them to communicate through. Of course cyberware usually doesn't involve PAN-controls, since nearly none needs it, so you wouldn't be able to control them that easily, since that's more a mental-control thing. Not sure why you'd want to, by the way, you can't rig people.))

((3: A Persona can have Marks, so you'd start by giving yourself marks with your other device. And it's not as if the persona is required for the Sharing, all that is required is for the RCC to be online and connected, the controller is irrelevant at that point.))