NEWS

IC: The Old Smoke: Raiden and Dragonslayer

• 144 Replies

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« on: <06-20-13/1512:35> »
_____Raiden______
You look out of your window onto the grey dirty streets of the east end. How did life get you here eh? It was yet another grey and dismal autumn day, but at least your heating was on. The Soycaf machine bleeped to let you know it'd finished brewing a pot, Its bleeps rapidly drowned out by a new sound.
The Philipino couple from across the street were at it again. a full scale domestic in the middle of the street for the third time this week.
She had her hands full of clothes and was clearly trying to leave her furious partner. You watch on as the argument gets louder, lights coming on in the other apartments as the neighborhood tunes in to watch today's episode of "happy families". The argument ends as it always does, with a smack. she is dragged forcefully, sobbing, back into the block and the neighbors return to whatever it is that normal folk do.

//Matrix Message Protocol 1.0.2b//<<New Message:: Hax, its Raymondo here. Got some work I wanna push your way, you busy at the moment? pay is around 1500 quid, its an on-site systems analysis.
I know, I know, its not your usual kind of work but it sounds like some easy money to me. You wont even need to fight for an Admin ;-) hit me up if you're interested. You still on for our Fighter Ace tournie on Saturday wingman?//End Message//

______DragonSlayer____________
The smoke in the air is thick and cloying, its grabs at the back of your throat but whatever it contained made you wanna dance. The barman pushes your drinks order to you and sticks out a hand for payment that dwarfed even your own meaty paws.
The "pretty" female ork you were chatting up seemed to have lost interest in you and was eyeing up a big spender; Some dick in a pinstripe suit who'd just bought a bottle of champagne. What a fucking statement in a bar like this.
Shaking your head in disgust, you feel a hearty tap on the shoulder, Danny greets you with a big toothy grin and a handhsake. Got a job for you mate if you're interested?
« Last Edit: <06-20-13/1557:02> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Raiden

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <06-20-13/1557:16> »
*If that keeps up I may have to see if I can do something about that, or at least find out whats up with those two always fighting and quickly* Hax thought as he saw the scene unfold as he sipped on his cafe. It wasn't a terrible place he thought, but it sure wasn't what he used to have. he had almost finished his cafe when he received the message from Raymond, a small smile caught on his face when thought about Saturday, Ray always thought of something fun. < Hey Ray, yeah it sounds simple enough, not much of a challenge but moneys money. wheres the place, and what kind of system we talking about, and definitely still on wouldn't miss it for the world > he got up and cooked up from scrambled eggs, "Ah, nothing beats a hot cup of joe and some eggs in the morning" he picked up his comm and just checked through some of the headlines and checking his programs half paying attention as he waited on the response and finished his breakfast
speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #2 on: <06-20-13/1602:43> »
<<Shipping server. stuff keeps going missing, cargo comes in thats untraceable. apparently all sorts of weird stuff happening, but the firm ain't exactly legit so they can't exactly call in the Met cybercrime boys.
Sounds like you might have to get your hands dirty in there, so bring your game face eh boy? :-)
Its a warehouse down near the cutty sark stop. i'll drop you the address now. <<attached file>> Contact is a Bloke called Jimmy, dwarven bloke. said he'll let you in tomorrow morning at 9am so get an early night mate ;-) i'll be on Fighter ace later if you fancy some co-op?>>
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Raiden

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <06-20-13/1620:11> »
<well that sounds a bit more exciting. should still be simple enough, and don't worry I am always on my toes, thanks for the info. Yeah I may hop on in a bit peace out Ray
Hax runs a data search on the warehouse
[spoiler] data search 4+ browse 6= 10d6
 10d6.hits(5)=1 hit :/ [/spoiler]

*should probably see I can't find out a lil about jimmy, not much to go on hell probably isn't even his name but it can't really hurt, after all knowledge is power* when he finds a bit on the warehouse he does another data search for jimmy.
[spoiler] data search 4 + browse 6 uses any image or info found on the warehouse to help out. not really expecting to much
10d6.hits(5)=3 [/spoiler]

after both he locks his place up and grabs a soda plops down and readies himself for a day doing a lot of nothing and hops on the game.
« Last Edit: <06-20-13/2205:28> by Raiden »
speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts

Dragonslayer

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <06-20-13/2131:46> »
Dom paid the barman, before pounding down almost half the pint.

"Always looking for work, Danny. Now is as good as any, seeing as that bloody over dressed prick", he jerks his head over at the man in the suit, "is ruining my good buzz."

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #5 on: <06-21-13/0259:32> »
________Raiden__________
Your search finds the local business registry for london metropolitan council.
The building was registered derelict about 35 years ago when the previous owner (GSK ltd) went bankrupt.
It's classification is "Light Industrial" and the only other feature worth noting in the document is that is has riverside access.

Your search for Jimmy turns up empty. no matter what database you hit-up, nothing connects a man called jimmy to your building of interest.

________DragonSlayer_____________
"Yeah, fuck knows who he is. Some hotshot new-kid-on-the-block I hear. slings a lot of money around and rumoured to have influence "up-the-chain" so to speak.
Finish your drink mate, gis five minutes an I'll go up to my office and get it sorted so we can have a little chat about this job eh?
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Raiden

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <06-21-13/0841:26> »
Hax is up fairly early the next day, grabbing an early breakfast at home before leaving. before he leaves he makes sure to throw on his coat over his body suit and shirt and place his pistol in its concealed holster, *shouldn't have to use this, hell hope I don't still not what I am best at, but better safe than sorry" as an after thought he grabs his shock glove as well. [spoiler]the pistol is loaded with gel ammo[/spoiler] "alright the quicker I get this done the sooner I get paid, lets head out" he hopes on his bike and rides down to the warehouse, once there he makes sure to park in a somewhat concealed spot, his bike has anti-theft but that doesn't mean he wants it sitting in the open. he is there a little early so he sets his I ball down and sends it to scope out the perimeter of the place and sets it to feed its findings back to his him. once jimmy lets him in he sends a command to the iball to patrol the front and to make checks at his bikes location every so often as well if the bike is ever missing or being messed with it will send an alarm to Hax's commlink. [spoiler] OC first time using drones (other than a doberman shooter) for me,lemme know if this needs a roll or anything not sure if their would be an equivalent of a video link from this iball it also has chameleon coating[/spoiler]

[spoiler] not sure if this is needed or if its the right roll for the pistol when trying to conceal further, palming? will be defaulting on agility anyway so,
cyberarm 9 + base 3 12/2 ( using two hands/arms?) =6-1=5d6
5d6.hits(5)=1 hit [/spoiler]
[spoiler] he also takes a good look around the front and as far down the sides as he can see himself perception 3+Int 4=7d6
7d6.hits(5)=4 hits kinda wish I had saved that roll now XD [/spoiler]
speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #7 on: <06-21-13/1302:24> »
_______Raiden___________
Your Bike purrs to a halt and gridguide cheerfully informs you Due to high ambient levels of vehicle crime in this area, parking here will invalidate your insurance. Gridguide does not recommend parking at this location>>
The drone accepts your patrol command and you attach its sensor feed to the upper right of your Image link display, allowing you to check its progress at a moment's notice.
//Pilot v3.0//<<Command accepted, route confirmed>>
[spoiler]Simple commands for drones like "patrol this route", "follow that van" etc are easily interpreted by its pilot. more complex stuff like "shoot every third person wearing blue through this doorway" would need a roll against the pilot + fuzzy logic so just keep commands really simple like you have done so far.[/spoiler]

The camera feed shows little of interest, the warehouse looks abandoned. If it weren't for gridguide taking you directly to this address, you wouldn't have been sure this was even the right place.
All the windows were boarded up and covered with metal bars, and the only sign of life was a small boat moored up on the concrete jetty at the rear of the building. a moving security camera covering the rear entrance shows you that the building at least has power, which is a start!
You spot three possible entrances to the building;
-the front door, which appears not to have been used in a very long time indeed
-a very large metal shutter door covering most of the back of the warehouse, which appears to have been used semi-regularly
-a small rusty access lift to a basement, which is in the same state of repair as the front door.

The lone camera performs a 30 second sweep left to right, right to left of the rear aspect of the warehouse, covering the concrete landing area (sparsely covered in rusted industrial equipment and semi overgrown with weeds) and the jetty area, which is empty except for one small speedboat moored up on the right hand spur.

« Last Edit: <06-21-13/1311:09> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Raiden

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <06-21-13/1343:39> »
before Hax goes to any door he heads back to his bike, looks for something to place over it, a tarp or something similar  and does so, if there any piles of stuff or the like he rests it on them. also he reprograms the iball to partrol only the area his bike is parked. [spoiler] (how much of the warehouse area gets covered is up to the GM)[/spoiler]  now then, where o where is that contact. he then notices the security camera.
*hm a security camera, bet that's not with the police force. * "hmmmm still whats a good system check if I can't test the security system he runs up his programs goes AR and tries to gain access to the camera feed.

following the attempt whether successful or not he takes a deep breath and walks up to the front door first and gives a knock. if nothing happens within a few minutes he walks around to the shutter door and gives a knock on those. if the attempt was not successful he does it with his head down, acting like he is cold.

[spoiler]I believe this falls under hacking on the fly since I assume I would have to attempt to hack the system and not just the camera
program exploit R6 + hacking skill 6+ improved ability 3+specialization exploit 2 =17
17d6.hits(5)=5 hits meh, also running stealth at R6. this may cause me some trouble but its fun and easily explained. if the attempt succeeds I want to set in a loop for a whole sweep left to right. if I do not then I just drop the attempt. (hopefully before any surprises)[/spoiler]
speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #9 on: <06-22-13/1125:30> »
______________Raiden___________
Luckily you find the camera is actively broadcasting over wireless.
Your preliminary probe into the system grants you a user account on the camera's node. You can see it's feed, but do not have permission to edit/create/or write changes to any files.

The door feels incredibly heavy as you knock it, it feels heavily re-inforced and the sound doesnt caryy. after waiting for a few minutes, there is still no answer.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #10 on: <06-22-13/1126:58> »
_____DragonSlayer______
//Incoming Message//<<Dom, you heading up or what? stop grimacing at your new "friend" and grab us a round in, mines a pint of lager>>
[spoiler]sorry if you felt like i was slow in getting back to you, i left a pause in case you wanted to RP anything with mr pinstripe while your buddy was upstairs sorting teh office out[/spoiler]
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Raiden

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <06-22-13/1337:25> »
 Hax walks back around out of the camera's view still keeping his face down."where the bloody hell is that guy?"  <hey ray, I am at the place you sent me, its after the meet time and the bloke jimmy hasn't shown. you got anything? am I at the right place? I'm getting a chill ya know? he resends the address of the location he is at to Raymond.  after that he uses his vision magnification to check out the moored boat and the surrounding area. * I don't like this my gut says something may be up but nothing really seems out of place, well, at least not the normal out of place for work like this. he walks back to the area he hid his bike and does a scan for all nodes within the area.
[spoiler] int 4 perception 3 + vision enhance 3 +actively looking 3 =13d6
13d6.hits(5)=2 ... lol[/spoiler]

[spoiler] Electronic warfare 4 + scan R6 + improved ability R2=12d6
 12d6.hits(5)=6 niiiice roll that should find out if anyone is running hidden, also I want to check to see if I can figure out if there are sec. cams inside the warehouse, if the scan doesn't show them. though I guess it should. healthy paranoia is something Hax has learned from his past. [/spoiler]
speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #12 on: <06-22-13/1421:14> »
There isnt really anything special about the boat. It is fairly small and powered by an outboard motor. you could probably fit 4 people in it, but it looks more like its a 2 person craft. it is moored via rope to a post on the concrete jetty.
//Have you tried the back door? The place ain't exactly legit mate, I doubt anyone in that end of town is stupid enough to open the front in case the coppers have got eyes-on.//

[spoiler]If you are just searching for every hidden node in range, you need to hit a threshold of 15 as an extended test. if you know there should be a broadcast somehwere and want to find it, you do a success test with a threshold of four. for this, you'd need to hit the 15, so keep testing. each test takes one combat turn to complete mate. all the matrix actions are explained on SR4a pg228, as it turns out, these guys aren't running anything in hidden mode (perhaps you should put that in your security report and analysis for them eh? ;))[/spoiler]
Your scan of the area shows a peripheral node broadcasting from the rear of the building, you know this to be the camera. there are also 3 active broadcasts from within the building, one with much stronger signal strength than the others; this originates from below the floor level of the building.
You also pick up a smattering of lower signal nodes for advertising boards and passing traffic.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Raiden

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <06-22-13/1501:43> »
after making notes of the nodes in the building he sighs. No answer at either of the other two entrances guess I gotta head to the back, no avoiding the camera is seems. I'll leave the cam alone, if I need to I can try to doctor the footage at a later date, but still lets not blatantly show my face Hax lowers his face pretending to be cold so that he is looking down, and does his best to time the camera sweeps so he shows up as little as possible.
 [spoiler]do I need to roll for that? if so then I reckon its infiltration. defaulting on agi 4-1 =3d6
3d6.hits(5)=1 heh I got a hit [/spoiler]
once at the shutter he knocks a few times and waits.
speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts

Dragonslayer

• Chummer
« Reply #14 on: <06-23-13/0319:31> »
_____DragonSlayer______
//Incoming Message//<<Dom, you heading up or what? stop grimacing at your new "friend" and grab us a round in, mines a pint of lager>>
[spoiler]sorry if you felt like i was slow in getting back to you, i left a pause in case you wanted to RP anything with mr pinstripe while your buddy was upstairs sorting teh office out[/spoiler]

//Yeah, on the way.//

Dom grab the order from the bar maid and made his way upstairs, after pinging the PAN of the dandy.  A guy might get slashed tires, if he walked around dressed like that, you never could tell.

Shouldering the door open, Dom set the pints down.  "So, what's the job?"

[spoiler]Acttualy, I friend my ethernet board, had to get a new one.[/spoiler]