NEWS

IC: The Old Smoke: Raiden and Dragonslayer

• 144 Replies

Raiden

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <06-25-13/1100:04> »
*drek, I woulda figured*

[spoiler] int 4+ reponse 6 +1=11.
 [6,6,3,1,6,5,5,2,2,4,3] = (5)  initiative of 16 for Hax, Ryu his agent (still fuzzy on this if I mess it up re roll it for him. R4 so at least a 4, so 4d6?
Agent (4d6.hits(5)=1) so 5? [/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <06-25-13/1106:58> by Raiden »
speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #31 on: <06-25-13/1113:28> »
[spoiler]Ryu: response 4 (server), rating 4 (8d6.hits(5)=3) total ini 11
Worm: response 4 (server), rating 4 (8d6.hits(5)=3)
Sorry, agent's use the node of whatever they're running on, so he uses the server's response of Four.[/spoiler]
You are first off the line, begin your first pass @ ini 16.

Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Raiden

• Omae
« Reply #32 on: <06-25-13/1136:53> »
[spoiler]I was just going from the book, sorry it said your initiative is commlink response + intuition sorry bout dat[/spoiler]

Hax's samurai icon draws his digital blue glowing katana and charges in under the extended barrels to slice n dice the unwelcome worm
[spoiler] cybercombat. R4+attack 6+2 improved ability +2 hot sim= 14d6
 [4,1,3,4,6,3,3,6,2,3,4,2,5,4] = (3) He spends a point of edge to re-roll all failed dice. 11d6
[6,6,1,2,5,6,4,6,5,2,4] = (6) alright, now were talking, total of 9 hits. the attack program is 6dv + net hits.  [/spoiler]
speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #33 on: <06-25-13/1150:20> »
Your glowing blue katana dives under the rotating barrels and cleaves a glowing wound into the the beast, its geometric shapes changing in colour to an angry red
[spoiler]response 4, firewall 6 (edge used) (10d6.hitsopen(5,6)=4)[/spoiler]
The damage is greivous, It is clearly struggling to retain its functions under the attack.
It makes an attempt at retaliation, spinning its barrels at Ryu and firing of a salvo of hot lead his way
[spoiler]cybercombat 4, attack 6, wound -3 (edge) (7d6.hitsopen(5,6)=4) opposed test, please roll response 4, firewall 4 for ryu[/spoiler]
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Raiden

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <06-25-13/1156:04> »
[spoiler] agent response 4 firewall 4= 8 d6
8d6.hits(5)=4
[/spoiler] Hax watches as the salvo just barely catches his agent, *you bloody bastard*

[spoiler] damage resistance system 4 + armor 6 =10d6
 10d6.hits(5)=3 so he takes 3 dv, I assume the agent has a condition box of around 10? 8 response 4/2 =2 [/spoiler] the agents icon sputters a little bit going a little fuzzy on the edges.
« Last Edit: <06-25-13/1220:44> by Raiden »
speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #35 on: <06-25-13/1221:58> »
The salvo grazes off Ryu's armour,
<<'tis nought but a flesh wound, user ;ŹD>>
[spoiler]It is now ryu's pass[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <06-25-13/1233:28> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Raiden

• Omae
« Reply #36 on: <06-25-13/1237:54> »
Ryu receives a command from Hax, <waste this bloody bastard ryu. terminate the worm.> the agent lifts his arm and as it does it melds into something similar to a small rail gun and fires off a barrage of red bullets.
[spoiler] pilot 4, attack 4=8d6 ( correct? due to his response being limited to 4, now does this mean that the base DV is also a 4?)
 8d6.hits(5)=4 these rolls man, the dice gods love me today lol.[/spoiler]
speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #37 on: <06-25-13/1626:57> »
The worm crumples under the brutal assault, scattering fragments of code all throughout the shipping server.
Ryu looks at you with a smile
[spoiler]Combat resolved, well done![/spoiler]
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Raiden

• Omae
« Reply #38 on: <06-25-13/1703:17> »
Hax gives a nod at his agent, <good job buddy, I can always count on ya>
< hey jimmy, I think I fixed your problem, you had a worm here, quite a tough one to. don't worry its all gone now, I am going to do some more checks and then up the security as best I can. I'll get back to you if I find anything else> Hax goes on to finish his checks on all the systems. setting his agents back to continual scanning for back doors. the main threat at the moment is probably done, but you don't earn a rep by doing a half job on anything, even a low end one like this
« Last Edit: <06-25-13/1711:43> by Raiden »
speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #39 on: <06-25-13/1708:22> »
<<A worm? We have been done over then. What was the fucking worm actually doing, and who put it there? And good work lad, that was a good fight!>>

Ryu pings out into the shipping server, to isolate the lost fragments of code and stray processes.
He returns with two good sized fragments of code
[spoiler]ryu analyze node (8d6.hits(5)=3)[/spoiler]
Your own analysis of the node finds another remaining fragment, a little smaller than Ryu's
[spoiler]hot sim 2, analyze 6, computer 4. (12d6.hits(5)=2)[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <06-26-13/0529:50> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Raiden

• Omae
« Reply #40 on: <06-26-13/1003:47> »
< It was probably allowing easy access, and I am working on finding that out. do you know anyone that has it in for you? > Hax Attempts to trace back the planter of the worm code from the pieces he has.
 [spoiler] I don't know if this is possible, if not he just finishes eradicating the worm code[/spoiler]   <alright ryu, I think we have done what we can here, lets check out the security server, there may be nothing there, but stay alert. with that their icons move to the node for the security.

[spoiler] check for Hax when he enters the node, Ryu runs scans until he finds something if he finds anything
hotsim +2 computer+4 analyze +6=12d6 12d6.hits(5)=3
if need be here is roll for Ryu R4 analyze 4    8d6.hits(5)=1 o my.[/spoiler]
speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #41 on: <06-27-13/0415:22> »
__________Raiden______________
<<Woah woah woah, boy, what do you think you're doing? look at that code you daft pillock, it might tell you who did this fucking break in!>>
You've already destroyed the one fragment that you found, but Ryu still has his two fragments left.

Your inspection of the security server shows much the same layout as the shipping node, except where there were terminals full of documents, you have terminals displaying connections to the various security devices and their respective feeds in trid displays. There is a portal to the security archive here, where the connection and debugging logs from all connected devices are stored.
There is a feed from the rear facing camera (the one you gained a user node on) to your right, and a feed from a second camera covering a long dark hallway with some kind of lift at the far end.
Your initial scan of the node shows it has a higher firewall than the shipping node and it appears that it is running normally.

Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Raiden

• Omae
« Reply #42 on: <06-27-13/1052:14> »
[spoiler]sorry, I wasn't sure if the leftovers were traceable and if they weren't he would destroy it if they were he would not, (or if he can garner info from me, not just trace)
so, analyze the code
10d6.hits(5)=2my perception rolls suck lol. just in case I will also roll the extended test for tracing computer + trace extended test, 4+6+2 hot sim. 12d6
12d6.hits(5)=2
 12d6.hits(5)=3
 12d6.hits(5)=4
12d6.hits(5)=2 11 hits total, if I can trace it I may have to roll more depending on stealth programs and redirecting the trace. not sure how it works as it just stats "when you reach the threshold of the extended test you have successfully traced the target. how do you fail this?[/spoiler]

once in the security server Hax makes sure to check the nooks and crannies prepared to find another worm or something worse, he is always a tad paranoid.  Also if possible he does a quick check on his iball feed.
« Last Edit: <06-27-13/1223:32> by Raiden »
speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #43 on: <06-27-13/1426:40> »
Looking at the fragments in VR doesn't tell you much more than you've already seen.
There is no associated user or process that is immediately obvious, as it was defeated before you ran a trace.
You load the fragment into your Edit software to view the fragment of code line-by-line but, it isnt capable of showing you most of the syntax and subtelty of the programming.
You garner enough to guess that it is somekind of backdoor, but to get at the fine details, you'll need to open these fragments up in a programming environment; and you know that they don't come cheap...

The Iball feed shows a large stray looking dog sniffing at the tarpaulin you covered the bike with.
The server appears normal, all the video feeds appear to be ticking over, but you can't verify the feeds are current without properly testing them. the security archive node still remains to be scanned however.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Raiden

• Omae
« Reply #44 on: <06-27-13/1505:44> »
<jimmy, it was certainly a backdoor to your server, I can't attempt to track it and I am not even sure I can tell you anything more other than its gone now. also, I figured I would ask, can you grab my bike from the front and bring it in? I would appreciate it but if ya can't thats fine though it would also let me make sure these security cameras are functioning properly.  oh its covered with a tarp>  He attaches an image of the tarp were the bike is. he also stows away the code fragment. After that his icon hovers up to the archive to finish up with a small grin on his face. * this, this is the kinda work I could get used to, fun, no real bullets flying at ya. Its like a video game cept I get paid for it*
[spoiler]  analyze 6+ computer 4+ 2 hotsim
 12d6.hits(5)=2 dear god I almost glitched that roll. T.T
Ryus analyze 4+ comp 4= 8
 agent (8d6.hits(5)=4) I would fail utterly without my agent. lol[/spoiler]
speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts