NEWS

Looking for group in the Grand Junction CO, or a Skype Game.

• 20 Replies

DamienHollow

« on: <03-25-13/1928:48> »
I have been having one hell of a time trying to find a group in this valley. you think with 130,00+ people I could find four more who play the game. The few I've found haven't played since 2nd and dropped out of it for D&D (*shudder*.) So I'm looking for a group or a Skype game some time on the weekends anytime between Noon and Midnight.
For those of you in the valley I have posted a notice with The Jester's Court on the corner of 5th and North Ave. It's close to CMU and in the same strip mall as Cafe V. You can either get my email there or contact me over these forums.
For those of you interested in a Skype game let me know here. Like I said I'm looking for something on the weekends anytime between noon and midnight Mountain Time. I can GM but I haven't done it very often. As for characters I specialize in drone riggers but I do have a submariner rigger (Long story) and a street sami that are just about ready to roll.

Supine

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <03-31-13/0217:29> »
I'm in GJ. I've never even bothered going to Jester's Court, though. I made an Ork rigger a while back but I'm working on a sniper that I'd probably rather play. I have a couple guys that might be able to play, but they're both pretty new to the system.

DamienHollow

« Reply #2 on: <03-31-13/0331:52> »
I have no problem with new players. You're the second response I've gotten (the other was an email from a guy who saw my flyer.) I'd like to get two more involved and that's been difficult so anyone you could refer would be great. The other guy is looking at a variation off the Occult Investigator. The way things are looking, odds are I'll end up GM but if anyone who knows the game well enough would like to do so instead then fine by me. I have most of the rule books.
A few notes on ammunition...
With weapons such as the Slivergun or Rhino Hunter that have an unusual ammo type already factored into their damage code I generally rule they use Regular rounds and nothing else. This is for a few reasons, First of all the damage is already figured into the code. Secondly a full magazine should not cost almost as much as the weapon. Third it helps avoid problems with the WAR! rule book and High-Powered Ammo (namely it's 20F availability which is utter nonsense when we are discussing an 8R rifle meant for the public. I hate to ban a rule book, but if it's not a seriously high powered campaign I do my best to avoid War.) Also, Stick n' Shock rounds can only be purchased for shotguns and use slug ranges. There are other methods for taming SnS rounds but I've found this to be the up front simplest method that leaves them as still being useful.
I'm fully open to discussion on these matters.

Supine

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <03-31-13/0414:46> »
Well, I'm still planning on housruling the entire ammunition and weapon fluff at some point because I'm a 'gun person' and I want calibers. I have no problem with your rules, and I agree that the ammo prices get ridiculous. Actually, they start ridiculous and get more ridiculous as they go.

I wanted to make a character (he'd be the rigger, so not for this campaign anyhow) who took old guns and pipes and stuff and hacked together awesome weapons like shotgun pistols, Obrezes, troll-portable 120mm cannons, and all sorts of goodies. I'm still going with a sniper for this one, probably. Or an infiltrator. I guess that depends on where we go with the campaign.

DamienHollow

« Reply #4 on: <03-31-13/1555:53> »
Hallelujah, someone else who understands guns. I would probably allow arms manufacturing. I had a GM who was bound and determined that I couldn't do it even with a nanoforge. So I turned out the following final from my CAD/CAM class. Then he just said "No." I loved giving that guy headaches because he was the group troll.

Supine

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <04-01-13/1756:04> »
Alright then. I'd start discussing how to homebrew the weapons, but I'll vote to wait until we have the whole gang together, and maybe to wait until after the first couple of sessions. What'll be the rules for character creation? 400BP/12 availability? Anything else?

DamienHollow

« Reply #6 on: <04-01-13/1848:16> »
Nothing off the top of my head. Again I would like to avoid most of the War! rule book but things like camouflage or chameleon netting are perfectly fine. I'm actually surprised they didn't show up in a rule book sooner. Oh, yes... matrix rules. I would like to implement a form a simplified matrix rules but I'm struggling with finding/making a set of rules I like. So for the moment the normal one's stand but if you know of any good alternatives please let me know. Most of the ones I find are generally too sweeping.

Supine

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <04-01-13/2317:26> »
I don't have War! (Been meaning to get a hold of it even though people say it's the most broken), but I think camo/chameleon nets were in Arsenal. And I haven't done enough in the Matrix to know alternate rules, really. I'll write up that Sniper in the mean time (I kind of want to have an AI that's passing as his weapon's software personality, but that's a vague idea at this point, so I'll see how the rest falls into place).

Decade Rider

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <04-02-13/1030:16> »
Id be interested to play in Skype..living in Québec here so travelling would be a no go :P Been playing SR4 for almost 3 years now tho mainly Post By Post on a forum with the occasional RL game..I got all the basic book aka SR4 20th,Arsenal,Augmentation,Unwired,Street Magic,Runner's Compagnion ect..got a few characters ready if you feel like gming

Supine

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <04-02-13/1745:38> »
I have another guy who's interested, that makes six if everything follows through.

DamienHollow

« Reply #10 on: <04-02-13/2206:14> »
Alright then, We could probably fit in one more but it might be best if we call it at 6+GM. Parties bigger than six start to get restrictive in terms of physical space and tends to slow down game-play (Played a D20 game with eight players and a GM. That was a nightmare.) So yeah, what are we looking at in terms of everyone's characters? So far the only two I have any idea on is yours and the Occult Investigator. Also, did you get my personal message with my email?

Supine

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <04-03-13/0216:01> »
No, there's nothing in my messages as far as I can see. One of the guys I got into it is looking at a Street Sam or Infiltrator character, but I don't know about the others.

DamienHollow

« Reply #12 on: <04-03-13/0229:17> »
Maybe I sent it to your email by accident. I'll send it again an make sure it goes to your PM.

Supine

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <04-03-13/0334:43> »
Alright, I got it that time.

DamienHollow

« Reply #14 on: <04-04-13/0011:56> »
Cool, so at this point we have you, me, your friends, and Adam. At this point it's just working out the details and the characters. The others are new but I'd like to ask if you've run the Dawn of the Artifacts adventures.
« Last Edit: <04-04-13/0026:10> by DamienHollow »