Knights of Saint Lazarus

• 17 Replies

Wildcard

• Omae
  • Hex.tall was here.
« on: <03-17-13/0100:41> »
From Wikipedia

In the Holy Land
From its foundation in the 11th century, members of the Order of Saint Lazarus dedicated themselves to two ideals:
aid to those suffering from the disease of leprosy
the defense of the Christian faith

Was reading up on knightly orders. Ran across them. They still exist today, which is kind of cool. Anyway, could they exist in Shadowrun? And if so, is it plausible that they'd switch from lepers to ghouls? Ideally I'd like to hear from someone who's come across them in SR fiction, or someone who knows some first hand knowledge on them. Just seems like a cool character concept to me.
I was permanently banned from the forums for consistently attacking my fellow posters and trolling the boards. I thought I could get "revenge" on FastJack for being banned by updating my sig to insult him, but all it proved was how much of an idiot I am.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1 on: <03-17-13/0104:22> »
I still like the Knights of Saint Nicholas.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Wildcard

• Omae
  • Hex.tall was here.
« Reply #2 on: <03-17-13/0111:24> »
Dropping certified credsticks in the bolt-holes of good little runner boys and girls?
I was permanently banned from the forums for consistently attacking my fellow posters and trolling the boards. I thought I could get "revenge" on FastJack for being banned by updating my sig to insult him, but all it proved was how much of an idiot I am.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #3 on: <03-17-13/0120:08> »
Dropping certified credsticks in the bolt-holes of good little runner boys and girls?
Read Safehouses to find out.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Lysanderz

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <03-17-13/0218:52> »
I smell a new NPC group for me to play with.

Wildcard

• Omae
  • Hex.tall was here.
« Reply #5 on: <03-17-13/0229:20> »

I bought it a month or two ago. You happened to say something hilarious while pimping the product, and it was enough for me to get it. Went just now and searched it. Patron saint indeed.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <03-17-13/0236:10> »

I bought it a month or two ago. You happened to say something hilarious while pimping the product, and it was enough for me to get it. Went just now and searched it. Patron saint indeed.

...  And thus has CanRay been encouraged.  There'll be no stopping the book pimping campaign now.  Which is great, because it's often hilarious.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #7 on: <03-17-13/0303:47> »
...  And thus has CanRay been encouraged.  There'll be no stopping the book pimping campaign now.  Which is great, because it's often hilarious.
And I have a new book to pimp, too!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Linkdeath

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #8 on: <03-17-13/1240:58> »
Nope, not enough, CanRay! You have to say something hilarious as well to make us buy it!
Dance to the tension of a world on edge.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #9 on: <03-17-13/1253:26> »
Nope, not enough, CanRay! You have to say something hilarious as well to make us buy it!
Sorry, too busy chipping all of Victor Vigilante's seasons to come up with something funny.

Come back to me when I have Benny Hill 2.0 slotted.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Method

• Newb
  • Street Doc
« Reply #10 on: <03-18-13/2316:41> »
The idea of a Catholic Order of ghouls is pure awesomeness. I love it!

Linkdeath

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #11 on: <03-19-13/1551:40> »
Sorry, too busy chipping all of Victor Vigilante's seasons to come up with something funny.

Come back to me when I have Benny Hill 2.0 slotted.
*flicks on his external speakers and starts playing "Yakkity Sax"*
Dance to the tension of a world on edge.

Ghoulfodder

• Chummer
« Reply #12 on: <03-21-13/1333:47> »
I might forward that link to my GM... It'd make a good backdrop for our attempts at covert entry.

Shaidar

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <03-23-13/2026:05> »

I think the idea was an Order to alleviate the suffering of ghouls.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #14 on: <03-23-13/2112:20> »
I think the idea was an Order to alleviate the suffering of ghouls.
So they have a huge budget for firearms and ammunition?

#ThisTaserGoesTo11