NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings

• 1545 Replies

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #735 on: <04-22-13/2032:10> »
A mixture of emotions fly across the face of Matthew Blue Sky and eventually settle on a study in calm professionalism.  "How every you want to handle it sir, I am really interested in getting some real experience.  Not a lot of folks hiring around here for technical work if you have a record.  Anyway, we will need to meet a guy who can put us in touch with the pilot, I will have to go with you, because he is kinda touchy about meeting new people.  He is gonna be at the truckstop out at the end of old 80."

Shortly there after, the team from Ares-mart arrives at the diner.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #736 on: <04-22-13/2044:37> »
While they had been driving, Fionn had set himself up with admin access on the disposable 'links and slaved them to his bio-node; it was a quick and dirty approach to securing them, but it would do what he needed it to for now.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #737 on: <04-22-13/2119:41> »
Clementine parked the Jeep and got out. On the way from the parking lot to the dinner, she pulled Fionn aside and asked him "We need to get out of Hickville and find out if there's a Johnson we're pissing off by not completing a contract, and we need to do it SOON. I'm not good with words so maybe you can talk to the rest of the team and stress this point for me?"

She then got in the restaurant to find the other members. "Ms. Delavine, we're ready when you are" says Clementine.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #738 on: <04-22-13/2149:14> »
Fionn nodded.  "I've been thinking the same thing, really.  I'm a little worried about what happens if we keep on running blind.  How much do you trust the person you usually get work through?"

He didn't miss the shift represented by her asking him for help.  I wonder what's changed...
« Last Edit: <04-22-13/2203:58> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #739 on: <04-22-13/2303:48> »
Johnny turned to Heron his grin souring slightly. "Well according to Sam we made friends with the fuzz. he drove us round to this one cats place that is sacked to the roof with enough firepower to arm a small army. Its security is the real deal though. So all in all we are still at square one. "
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #740 on: <04-23-13/0220:27> »
"So, these are good to go, right?" asks Clementine to Fionn. She takes a commlink and tries to reach her fixer, Hiroshi Hasegawa. She has to try and remember his number for a second as she usually just presses a button on her own link. After a few moments, she dials his code. "Come on, pick up" she thinks to herself. "I hope the Johnson gave us enough time to accomodate this detour."
« Last Edit: <04-23-13/0325:36> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #741 on: <04-23-13/0226:48> »
Fionn nods and passes one of them off to Clem.  unfortunate Icarus couldn't grab more than just four...
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #742 on: <04-23-13/0254:21> »
"So let's summarize," Sammy said as soon as everybody was at the table, "we have a couple of commlinks, which is good.  We have a location of a lot of weapons, but without weapons we can't really get to them.  And we have contacts with a smuggler who can take us to Seattle, but not enough money to pay him.  And while being well-known is ok to get a free meal, I doubt it will get us a free t-bird ride to Seattle."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #743 on: <04-23-13/0321:34> »
"Meanwhile, we still don't know what's waiting for us when we get back.  I'd suggest that at this point, we contact only those people we can trust.  Whatever we were hired to do, it's a safe assumption we didn't get it done; there's every possibility that we could be looking at some serious trouble when we get back.  That happens, and I for one when damn well prefer to be ready for it, which means we need information."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #744 on: <04-23-13/0330:18> »
"If we can get across the border, we don't need to bother with the guns." says Clementine to the rest of the group. "The longer we stay here, the thinner our cover gets. Stupid as these folks are, they will start suspecting something soon. That run on the Ares-Mart definitely got us on their radar if we weren't already on there." She turns over tom Sam. "Do you think you could talk the smugglers into striking a deal with us? Kind of a COD-type thing?"
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #745 on: <04-23-13/1259:20> »
After a careful call back and verification of particulars, Hiroshi makes contact.  "Hoi, Clementine, how are you?"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #746 on: <04-23-13/1911:16> »
"Been better, omae" answers Clementine. "I'm in the middle of nowhere and have no idea how I got here. I'm with a group of people, which lets me to believe I'm on a run. Can you brief me on the details, or at least tell me who I dealt with?"
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #747 on: <04-23-13/1943:23> »
"What?  Your run went south?  You need help?  No, I don't know much.  The run was firstimers only, nobody with a name, but no newbs either. The fixer checked out though or I wouldn't have called you."  Hiroshi looks concerned, in part because he is a friend, but Clem knows that it is also from a concern for reputation.  If he passed the contact to her (as he seems to have) he would lose face if the contact was false.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #748 on: <04-23-13/2143:52> »
"Think you can find out what the objectives were? Seems we were drugged and nobody remembers anything. Sorry to put you in this position." a few moments later, she asks Hiroshi "by the way, heard any news that could be related to this run?"
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #749 on: <04-23-13/2204:29> »
"I haven't heard anything about anything since I passed you the job, nothing on the wire at all.  But I feel bad about you getting the short end, you need some help?"

Register