NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings

• 1545 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #720 on: <04-17-13/1750:16> »
Heron nodded to the others as they came in. "Well, I hope they get here soon." Looking to Sammy, he said, "I'll be glad to get back to civilization once we figure out how we get paid for all this. Or just get back to civilization at this point. Never thought I'd get so twitchy without the smells of Tarislar."
« Last Edit: <04-17-13/1955:08> by Mirikon »
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #721 on: <04-18-13/1311:19> »
"You don't say," Sammy said, "I'd really want to go home and get some decent clothes.  Maybe do some shopping."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #722 on: <04-20-13/1435:27> »
Almost before Clem can finish her statement, the rear passenger door opens and Ikari slides in, he has changed his look again, wetting his hair down in the burger joint's bathroom, stripping down to an undershirt and returning his skin tone to normal.  "We should hit the drivethru, to avoid arousing suspicion."  He pulls a large handful of electronic junk from the pocket of his coat that is wrapped around his waist, along with a half-dozen cheap tech toys are four disposable links.  "Anybody want to make a call?"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #723 on: <04-20-13/1625:18> »
"Best give me a minute to make sure there's no nasty surprises and to see what I can do about security.". Fionn also takes a quick inevtory of the other stuff that Icarus had pocketed.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #724 on: <04-20-13/2019:09> »
Clementine pulls over to the drive-through and orders a drink (or something else equally as cheap). When they're done, she says, "Let's go back to see the others, they might want to make some calls as well" and drives back to the dinner.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #725 on: <04-20-13/2036:03> »
It occurred to Fionn that he hadn't answered Clem's question.  "At this point, there's no way for them to track me through the Matrix - they simply don't have anything relevant to allow for it.  So, from that end of things, I'm not too concerned; all the same, I'm starting up a bit of overwatch seeing as it never hurts to take the precaution.  How clean was your exit, Icarus?"  He sent off a message to the fox sprite so that it could keep its ears up.

<<I need to know about any hidden nodes in my physical area currently and for some time.  I'll ask that you cast your senses out, and keep me apprised.>>  the sprite appeared in the corner of his vision and nodded before vanishing again.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #726 on: <04-20-13/2110:42> »
"Not a problem, the clerk was one of the first people trying to get a front row seat for the fight." seeing your interest in the other items, he comments, "cheap and worthless spytech, fixed image micro-holoprojectors and a couple of kids toys, I cleaned off the shelf with an arm sweep and that was the chaff."

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #727 on: <04-20-13/2114:36> »
"Never know what might be useful, or at least have the parts you need to make something useful."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #728 on: <04-20-13/2212:57> »
"I see your point, but the day my life depends on a third rate holofig of Neil the Ork Barbarian, just put me out of my misery."

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #729 on: <04-20-13/2215:34> »
"All I'm saying is, best not to toss the stuff."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #730 on: <04-20-13/2232:28> »
"How about you toss me one of those commlinks? I need to call someone and get certain things straightened out. Have you cleaned them out yet, Red?"
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #731 on: <04-21-13/1822:53> »
Johnny watched Sam move over to the strangers table to talk with them. He turned and walked to the booth holding Sammy and Heron. He slid in on Sammy's side grinning, "Did you get anything done while we were playing perfect citizens with the law man?"
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #732 on: <04-22-13/0151:12> »
"We made some contacts in the smuggler community," Sammy said, "although I'm not sure how far it would get us, given that we don't have any actual money.  At least not enough to pay smugglers."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #733 on: <04-22-13/1556:38> »
Heron nodded. "So basically, nothing that will do us any good until we get back to Seattle or get some nuyen to work with. How about your end?"
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #734 on: <04-22-13/1605:07> »
" I was here this morning with my nene, I'm Melissa." she shakes Sam's hand, "That's my brother Matty, Ms. Delavane said he could be a tech-ni-cal advisor on your movie cuz he used to be a smuggler and could get his friends to help you."  Matt turns bright red and shushes his sister, "Keep it down Mel, she said she would try, this is probably her boss, your gonna get us in trouble."

Looking at Sam, Matt continues, a little chagrined and a lot more quietly "I have been making some calls, sir, looks like the guy I told Ms Delavane about can be found, if you are interested."

So, the actress found us an in with some smugglers? Not bad, Sam thought to himself. Not bad at all. Looks like I might not have to do all the talking for this group after all. Hope the muscles are managing to stay out of trouble while the rest of us take care of business.

"Technical advisor? Hrm, could be. I'll have to verify with my boss, of course, and compensation would naturally be proportional to the accuracy and utility of your contributions. Naturally, you wouldn't be taking an official role; that would require a fair amount of paperwork and, of course, a background check, which I think you'd prefer we skipped, eh? We've got experience working with resources like that. And don't worry about getting Ms. Delavine into trouble; we're a team, and we're all working together to make this production a success. I appreciate your initiative in contacting your...associates. Shows enthusiasm; we need more of that in the industry, I say. So, when can we meet your friend?"
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Register