NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings

• 1545 Replies

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #345 on: <02-15-13/0013:48> »
O'Connor stared at the old man flatly, "Ha. Ha. Ha." He turned at Red's announcement, "Sweet, coffee." He headed to the cabin to claim a cup. Upon entering, "Guess who's back?"
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #346 on: <02-15-13/0022:57> »
As O'Conner walks away from Blackeagle he barely hears the mumble, "Really?  Damn, I love that game."

And as he walks into the cabin, he feels Jayson give him a hearty pound on the back, as he says "I take mine black...."

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #347 on: <02-15-13/0034:25> »
The blow caused O'Connor's body to seize up as a gasp of pain escaped his lips, "...kill...you..."

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #348 on: <02-15-13/0043:40> »
"ARE YOU FRAGGIN' KIDDING ME??!?!" the power in the shaman's voice stuns the entire room into dumbfounded silence, "NOT A SINGLE ONE OF YOU HAVE TAPED THIS NUTJOB'S RIBCAGE YET?  Is he really such an asshole that you want him to collapse and die out in the woods somewhere!?!?!" Jayson looks each of the others in the eye, ending with Johnny.  "You do realize a fraggin BARGHEST landed on his chest right?  Wasn't there an bandage and tape in the first aid kit?!?!" 

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #349 on: <02-15-13/0108:00> »
At Blackeagle's exclamation of disbelief, Clementine answered "I thought he had already received mystical assistance from someone."

"Here's food to go with your coffee"
she said, laying everything she and Johnny had prepared on a plate. She then took a second plate, helped herself to some of the food, poured herself a cup of coffee and had breakfast.

Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #350 on: <02-15-13/0141:46> »
"He had," Sammy said, pointing to Heron, "I could see his aura on him.  And from what I've been told, you can't keep using magical healing.  You can only attempt it once for each injury and after that there's something that reject further healing.  They never told me what exactly, but I once tried to use magical healing more and it did indeed fail the second time.  So no, I didn't do anything, as I can only use my magic to heal and that wouldn't work.  About the only thing I could have done was stunbolt his ass and then keep him unconscious until he healed by himself, but I don't think that would be a good idea either."

Sarcasm dripped from the last comment.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #351 on: <02-15-13/0146:56> »
"For my part, I'd do more harm than good.  Anyone actually know first aid, anyways?"  Fionn sat down and started eating.  "How long would you figure the drive to Yakima will take, by the by?"
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #352 on: <02-15-13/1207:12> »
Johnny looked back at Blackeagle with a hollow stare. "If I had known how to use it properly I might have used it on myself as well. I did make sure he received it though." Johnny looked down into the coffee and took a tentative sip before screwing his face into a disgusted mask. "Why would people drink this?" He sampled the simple meat and bean meal he had helped put together Not so bad when compared to the coffee. "What is a Barghest anyway?"
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #353 on: <02-15-13/1624:00> »
"People drink it because its delicious and caffeinated.  A lot of people take it with some cream and sugar."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #354 on: <02-15-13/1742:46> »
"wow" Blackeagle said quietly, then to O'Connor a little louder "dude, these guys must really hate you.  Glad I left you the gun, they might have already tried to take you out."  He helps O'Connor to find a seat, and then addresses the group as a whole, .

"You kids may be new to the game, and I know you have got yourself into some craziness that is kinda hard to deal with right now, but it's not going to get easier if you gut yourself from the inside out."  Jayson gets some coffee before he continues, "You may not have figured it out yet, but you are actually pretty lucky in a lot of respects.  This is a fairly potent crew you have managed to fall in with, that is the first step to making it when you are a rookie. Whoever put you together knew their stuff, I have seen what you can do in the right circumstances, or the damage anyway.  They are still cleaning up after you across the Columbia, and from what I overheard, this guy was the last one standing." pointing to O'Connor.

Taking a long drink, the redskin settles against the wall.  "All I am saying, if you can keep from making dumb mistakes, like forgetting to take care of each other, or pissing on each other for no good reason, ya'll might be able get the getback you are talking about someday.  It won't happen otherwise, and you might get as rich and famous as the Babysitters along the way."
« Last Edit: <02-15-13/1746:21> by Crossbow »

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #355 on: <02-15-13/1852:47> »
O'Connor grinned wolfishly, "Emphasis on tried. So what's this about the Columbia? If you recall, we're all a bit memory challenged."

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #356 on: <02-15-13/1934:32> »
"The babysitters? You lost me there, Blackeagle" said Clementine. After finishing her breakfast and having one last sip of coffee, she got up and made for the first aid kit. "Find a place to sit and I'll wrap those ribs for you, Con."

When O'Connor took a seat, she took some bandages and tried to wrap them around the area that looked the most damaged. "Piece of advice for you" she whispered to O'Connor in a way nobody else could hear, "if you didn't act like you're still in prison protecting your anus with your tough guy attitude, people who CAN help you would."

[SPOILER]More show than anything. At least she didn't make it worse.
Logic 3 - 1 defaulting (2d6.hits(5)=0)[/SPOILER]
« Last Edit: <02-15-13/1937:08> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #357 on: <02-15-13/1952:47> »
"So, you know something about what happened to us now, then?  Inclined to share?"  Fionn drained a cup of coffee and went for a second, while chowing down on a pretty substantial amount of breakfast.  "And I gotta say, if whoever put us together is responsible for our current condition, they utterly failed to do their homework; there's nothing that will keep me from coming after them if that's the case.  Didn't exactly go to Seattle for my health in the first place."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #358 on: <02-15-13/2000:12> »
O'Connor whispered back, "My tough guy attitude, as you put it, is the only way I survived the Barrens and prison. And its probably the only way I'll survive the Shadows." After Clem finished wrapping him up, O'Connor stood and tested his range of movement experimentally. His ribs still hurt like hell, but at least every little movement didn't send pain lancing through his body. He nodded to the ork woman, speaking a rarely used word almost forgotten to him, "Thanks." He then grabbed a plate of grub and cup of coffee, eagerly digging in.
« Last Edit: <02-15-13/2211:04> by Necrogigas »

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #359 on: <02-15-13/2121:01> »
"Alright" starts Clem, "now that everyone is fed, why don't we head to Yakima? I'll drive and miss Levine can lead me down the right path." Clementine took her dirty plate and put it in front of Ikari and said "you're washing" before thanking Blackeagle one last time for his help and hospitability, renewing her offer for help back in Seattle. She then got to the vehicle and made herself comfortable in the driver's seat, waiting for the others to join her.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix