NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings

• 1545 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1230 on: <08-15-13/2215:16> »
Heron shook his head, eager to be off this flying deathtrap. Looking to the others, he said, "I live over in Tarislar. I can try and convince some of the locals to put people up if we need a safehouse, but they're not likely to be too welcoming to non-elves. Otherwise, I'm not going to be as much use in the whole dealing with people department."
« Last Edit: <08-16-13/1605:36> by Mirikon »
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1231 on: <08-16-13/0905:16> »
"I have some spells that can mask people," Sammy said, "things like stealth, improved invisibility and a couple to change your appearance.  The only problem is that without my foci it's going to be difficult to keep them up, especially if you want me to do so on more people."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1232 on: <08-16-13/1105:31> »
"Well, Ms. Delavine, we don't need to send a whole platoon on recon anyways. One, maybe two scouts should suffice. And the thing with recon is, the less people the less chance of being discovered."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1233 on: <08-18-13/0108:16> »
   You can tell Jesus is taking no chances at being seen crossing the border, you expected him to come across closer to the Crime Mall, but The Ghost races right out over the lava fields further south.  You are, for once, happy for the speed which keeps the ash and toxic gases out of cabin, but even with a rush of hidden oxygen hissing from vents, you all get a bit lightheaded.  There are no human eyes on this parts of the border, so if the sensor countermeasure package is effective you are returning to the Metroplex completely unseen.
   Once more the headsets crackle, "Welcome home people, you can leave early if you want to, but I wouldn’t recommend it, that’s still the ‘one touch, one deep breath, you’re dead’ nasty drek down there, not the pretty stuff up in Mowich.  You will be on the ground in 5, about a troll’s stone throw east of Highway 7, when the skids touch, hit the pavement.”

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1234 on: <08-19-13/2217:38> »
The lavaflows give way to some desperate looking farms, then slightly better ones as you start seeing houses again.  The Ghost is flying low enough and quietly enough that you actually some of the louder exclamations of surprise, including some livestock, as you pass overhead.

Fionn can tell the moment that the blackout device is switched off, which happens just as Jesus take a sharp arcing left and brings the helicopter in for a landing facing east again, the only notable feature prior to propwash obliteration by dust is a vague, though large, circular marking that you are landing in the middle of.

“SKIDS DOWN, MOVE!”

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1235 on: <08-19-13/2327:59> »
Fionn stumbled his way out of the Ghost, the residual effects of the blackout combining with the lava fumes and the stabbing pain behind his eyes leaving him to stumble clumsily out of the chopper even as he attempted to see if he'd gotten any sort of response at all from Creidhne and Agrona.

[spoiler]
Initiative 8 - 1 CM penalty (7d6.hits(5)=2)

Initiative score is 10
[/spoiler]
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1236 on: <08-20-13/0105:52> »
O'Connor scrambled to get out of The Ghost, but got caught up in the unfamiliar buckles. After he untangled himself and stumbled off of the copter, O'Connor turned the rifle's safety off. His nose curled in disgust, "Drek man, and I thought Redmond smelled bad."

[spoiler=Initiative]
Reaction 8 + Intuition 3 - CM 2 = Pool 9
9d6.hits(5) → [2,2,5,1,4,1,6,5,3] = (3)
Initiative Score is 12, 4IP
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Gymnastics]
Gymnastics 2 + Agility 5 - CM 2 - GM 2 = Pool 3
3d6.hits(5) → [3,1,2] = (0)
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <08-20-13/0229:42> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1237 on: <08-20-13/0155:11> »
A bit after Jesus had called 5 minutes out, she cast a spell to increase her reaction time, as you could never know what would go on when they landed.  It did work, but she could feel a headache coming up from trying to manipulate mana, probably from the movements of the helicopter.  When they got down, Sammy moved out after the others and immediately started to cough from the fumes.  This was so bad.  She really needed to have a spell to clear up the air.  Maybe when they were done with this she could ask James if he had something.

[spoiler]
force 3 increase reflexes (cast about 5 minutes out):
magic 5 + spellcasting 6 =11 (11d6.hits(5)=4)
+2 reaction, +2 IP
I'll take my time to get out, I have enough actions to still do something if needed.

drain=3 (F/2 +2)
willpower 4 + logic 4 =8 (8d6.hits(5) =1)
2S damage

so I'm currently at: -1 from fumes, extra -2 from asthma => -3
unless from the fumes and the asthma only the highest counts, then it's -2
and an extra -2 from sustaining the spell.

initiative:
initiative 6 -2 sustaining +2 increased reflexes -2 asthma =4 (4d6.hits(5)=2)
initiative score =6, 3IP
[/spoiler]
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1238 on: <08-20-13/0339:04> »
Clem makes sure the Warhawk and the commlink are still on her. When Jesus gives her the signal, she undoes her harness in one swift motion and gets out of the Ghost in record time, as if she had practiced this all her life. She hits the ground and springs to her feet in an instant, landing safely and helping others exiting the chopper in a safe way.

[spoiler]Agility 7 + Gymnastics 2 - Wooziness 1 - Fumes 1 (7d6.hits(5)=4) Not bad at all.

Reaction 7 + Intuition 4 - Wooziness 1 - Fumes 1 (9d6.hits(5)=7) Holy Smokes!!! Talk about an initiative! With the GM's permission, I'd like to give more flair to Clem's exit of the helicopter.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <08-20-13/0400:16> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1239 on: <08-20-13/0835:18> »
[spoiler]
Initiative: 7d6.hits(5)=1, total of 8
Agility (5 - 1[gas] - 1 [rough landing]; + 4 edge): 7d6.hitsopen(5,6)=0
Well, crap. At least it wasn't a glitch. :P
[/spoiler]

Sam shook his head to try to clear the combined effects of the gas and the landing, and fumbled with the release for the restraints. He eventually managed to get it unhooked and make his way to the door of the chopper. His jump wasn't very graceful, but he managed to land on his feet, at least.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1240 on: <08-21-13/0758:33> »
Unsteady from the rough flight, and getting a face full of the foul gasses of the lava plains fit only for orks and trolls, not sensible elves like him, Heron takes his time getting out of the accursed vehicle, walking slowly away from it as he tries to get his bearings. All he wanted was to get far away from this place, and enjoy a bit of betel to focus and get his head on straight. Not for the first time, he found himself seriously reconsidering his choices in life.

<OOC> So, no 'ware to help with breathing, and no breathing gear, along with the rough flight, that's a -2 to everything.
Initiative: 4d6.hits(5)=1 1 hit, 2 glitch, so that's a glitch on the initiative.
Taking my time to get out.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #1241 on: <08-21-13/1329:12> »
[spoiler]
Agility(7) + Gymnastics(2)-2: 7d6.hits(5)=1
Initiative(9)-2: 7d6.hits(5)=5
[/spoiler]

Johnny hopped out the starboard side of the shifting chopper his stomach still rolling from the ride and he almost caught his left foot on the skid as he exited. Once back on solid ground though he seemed much more recovered even though his breath was catching in his throat like cotton balls. He held up his elbow to cover his nose and mouth from the fumes and the dust the copter was kicking up.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1242 on: <08-21-13/2132:22> »
The 'hot drop' is managed, if not with military precision, then at least without anyone breaking an ankle.  Torley is the last one off, the sudden up-tic of the floor moving under him practically throwing him into Clem's arms and knocking them both to the ground.  The increased propwash, vertigo and the illogical, yet perfectly natural, desire to get low around helicopters for fear of accidental decapitation serves to put everyone else down as well.  The helicopter taking off obliterates the features you were starting to see in the shadows around you.

While hugging the ground and gathering his wits, Fionn notes a call awaiting his attention in the electronic ether, from Creidhne.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1243 on: <08-21-13/2133:58> »
"Sorry to drop off like that, mate - believe me, it wasn't by choice."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1244 on: <08-22-13/0013:02> »
@Fionn