NEWS

OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #165 on: <03-07-11/0957:32> »
Okay, let's cut that depressing chatter, and get to work. Those nuyen won't earn themselves. :)
Agreed.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #166 on: <03-07-11/1011:27> »
+1

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #167 on: <03-08-11/1220:48> »
Sorry guys, busy day yesterday, today after work we'll start this up!

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #168 on: <03-08-11/1528:55> »
Ok, I'm letting you guys kind of choose your own scenario.  The first one would be to go to the chick's residence and smoke her.  If you don't want this run, there will be consequences but Amazing Larry might have more work for you.

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #169 on: <03-08-11/1538:41> »
theres a chick that needs smoking? sounds good to me.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #170 on: <03-08-11/1540:48> »
Then just respond IC just for fun :)  Oh...and also subtract 1 month lifestyle costs.  We'll do 1 lifestyle costs per break between scenarios for everyone...except Sichr's character since it's his first UB. 
« Last Edit: <03-08-11/1543:56> by inca1980 »

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #171 on: <03-08-11/1735:28> »
Damn. I'm left with 500 NY plus leftovers from the first UB. That's not enough to 'pay the rent'. I'd have to lower my standards. Maybe cut off the Matrix access, and such... Meh.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #172 on: <03-08-11/1812:04> »
Brick's got  3,950 nuyen so he's covered for this month.-2000 =1,950  :-\ he'd have also spent a few nuyen on fixing up his armor, figure 200? otherwise he's still good on ammo, for the panther and other things. 8)  He'll just leave it at that. Total left over is 1750.
« Last Edit: <03-08-11/1814:11> by Teyl_Iliar »
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #173 on: <03-08-11/2315:22> »
Ya, if you don't have enough to pay the rent man you might get some collectors comming after ya next month!  That would be a whole 'nother UB scenario lol!

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #174 on: <03-08-11/2359:34> »
Hey Sichr, one change i'm gonna have to make is that Or'zet can't be a native language.  There's no way you learned it from birth cuz it's only been around about 10 years.  It's taught through linguasofts and such so O.R.C.A. and other groups use it to create a sense of orc pride, but it can't be your mother tongue.  So choose Cantonese or Russian and then put Or'zet in the place of that language with the skill you bought that language at. 

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #175 on: <03-09-11/0002:46> »
At the very least I can still talk to you.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #176 on: <03-09-11/0617:53> »
Well, I can always pay up in magical services, or by patching up the gangers. I assume my 'landlord' is the gang, as the RV was buried on their territory some time ago, and I'm connected to the power grid, water and such from their compound...
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #177 on: <03-09-11/1457:32> »
Ok, so just to cover some posting issues since we got a new guy....so some of this is review, some of it new:

1. Try not to jump the gun too much...make sure your strategy when you post makes room for a few different outcomes.  For example:  "I'm gonna walk down the hallway and turn the corner and then try the room to the right and here's my lockpicking roll"....this is fine if you're totally ready for me to completely interrupt this action at any point.  Step by step is probably a little bit better....that's why we zero in on the action scenes in UB.  Don't jump the gun on initiative either.

2.  When you post your rolls, I want this format:  Joe's perception test: Percep 3 + Int 4 + low visibility -2 + vision enhance 2= (7d6.hits(5)=1).  If you're not sure how to do this, then ask me.

3. House rules....let's see....some of these are just RAW, but i noticed some people do it differently so I just emphasize doing it a certain way:

--When you roll defense for grenades, you just move your character X meters away from the blast point depending on the number of hits you got on your defense test (which is at -2) and in the direction you can choose.

--The only way to sneak up on someone and attack them without them getting a defense roll is to win a surprise test.  If you win an infiltration test, or they fail a perception test, that just gives you a +3 to surprise roll...not an automatic sneak attack.  If it's truly an ambush where you are lying in wait, then it's a +6.  I'll say you can also delay your 1st IP action until 2nd IP and then be able to act, but you do lose your 2nd IP action if you had one.  This means you don't have to go a whole combat turn without a good solid action before you can act again. 

--  If friend is in melee range (2m) of a target or I deem that based on peoples relative locations you can hit a teamate with friendly fire when you take a shot, then the friend has to roll a:
    SS, SA or NSB: Edge+Reaction(1) if attacker fails on attack roll.
    WSB: Edge+Reaction(1) even if attacker hits target.
    NLB: Edge + Reaction(2) if attacker fails on attack roll.
    WLB and NFA: Edge+Reaction(2) even if attacker hits target.
    WFA: Edge+Reaction (3) even if attacker hits target.

Glitch on this test would mean a heavy injury as in Augmentation.  These tests are only for FRIENDLY FIRE meaning you can't use them to try and do a multiple target attack indirectly without getting the penalties for trying to hit multiple targets. 

With SS, SA, you can avoid hitting a friend with friendly fire by using a Simple action to do a Take Aim and you still get the +1 bonus.

--To change your state of Cover...be, none, partial, good or full, you have to spend a free action to go in between any of these options.  If you are under partial, or good you get the standard -2 to ranged attack.  If you are under full then it can only be done with an indirect attack or total blind fire with an additional -2.  So this would mean if i'm behind a corner under full cover and without a smartgun, if I poke my gun around the corner and shoot, then that's a -8 total on a Agility + Intuition test. 

That's all the house rules i can think of for now....but if I think of more or if I see we need another one, then i'll post it.

Have fun guys! 
« Last Edit: <03-09-11/1500:47> by inca1980 »

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #178 on: <03-09-11/1530:29> »
EDIT:
Trying to do that again as Kot advices:

When I look at the corridor:
Zachs infiltration: AG(4)+Infil(3)+imp.skill(2)+cat(2)= (11d6.hits(5)=3)

To observe corridor in detail for possible sensors etc.(visual):
INT(4)+Perc(4)+Vissual Enhancement(3)= (11d6.hits(5)=5)
Oponent: -4 visual (chameleon), -4tg (thermal dampening)

MAD Scanner (3) (3d6.hits(5)=0)

Listening to the doors: 501 503 519 int(4)+perc(4)+audio enhancement(3)= (11d6.hits(5)=3, 11d6.hits(5)=3, 11d6.hits(5)=5)

OK it works nice, next time for the first try :)
« Last Edit: <03-09-11/1609:03> by Sichr »

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #179 on: <03-09-11/1531:54> »
OK Looks like I need an advice on 2: how to make the link right...

Register