NEWS

[IC] Virtual Underworld 93

• 3498 Replies

Smiley

• Omae
  • Full of bad Lulz
« Reply #1515 on: <04-14-12/1335:59> »
>>>>>[Alright! On my way back to Seattle, one man short. Worried about me, Autumn? That's really cute! Hahaha! And thank you Iceblade, I do pride myself in training the best heartless killers this world can produce.

Oh! Check this out! For those who were wondering what I was doing in the last few days. Well, it doesn't explain it exactly but the smart ones will figure it out.

// upload media file :: user Smiley :: 04/14/74 //
// audio-to-text conversion engaged //

... Now today's news from the Aztlan-Amazonian conflict! We just learned that a small tribal village within the amazonian borders by the name of Marojo has been raided by, what evidence suggests, Aztlan commandos. The village was found yesterday by Amazonian diplomats completely destroyed with the bodies of all 312 villagers laying dead on the ground. Information released in today Amazonian leadership press release suggests that none of the villagers survived. Amongst the rubble, the body of Aztlan Colonel Manolo Vasquez, well known by Amazonian Intelligence for his ruthless black operations, was found, confirming suspicions of Aztlan involvement. Local Chieftain and renown local Shaman, Walker-within-jungle's-mists, firmly condemned this vicious attack and has announced that all the local villages have now taken up arms to avenge Marojo villagers, promising great spirit fury upon their new enemy. For its part, Aztlan leadership has denied all involvement in this attack, saying that Colonel Vasquez and his entire team had gone rogue and was declared deserters and traitors four days prior to this attack. We are still waiting for Amazonian response to this statement but we all think they will find this explanation all too convenient. This was Veronica Hanes for World News Channel.
// end file //

Don't want to steal this guy's line but... I love it when a plan comes together!]<<<<<
       -- Smiley (13:35:17/04-14-74)
« Last Edit: <04-14-12/1417:00> by Smiley »
"Fun? Frag yeah! Always is when that involves a bucket full of drek!"
-Smiley

Marak1972

• Omae
« Reply #1516 on: <04-14-12/1417:47> »
>>>>>[Alright! On my way back to Seattle, one man short. Worried about me, Autumn? That's really cute! Hahaha! And thank you Iceblade, I do pride myself in training the best heartless killers this world can produce.

Oh! Check this out! For those who were wondering what I was doing in the last few days. Well, it doesn't explain it exactly but the smart ones will figure it out.

// upload media file :: user Smiley :: 04/14/74 //
// audio-to-text conversion engaged //

... Now today's news from the Aztlan-Amazonian conflict! We just learned that a small tribal village within the amazonian borders by the name of Marojo has been raided by, what evidence suggests, Aztlan commandos. The village was found yesterday by Amazonian diplomats completely destroyed with the bodies of all 312 villagers laying dead on the ground. Information released in today Amazonian leadership press release suggests that none of the villagers survived. Amongst the rubble, the body of Colonel Manolo Vasquez, well known by Amazonian Intelligence for his ruthless black operations, was found, confirming suspicions of Aztlan involvement. Local Chieftain and renown local Shaman, Walker-within-jungle's-mists, firmly condemned this vicious attack and has announced that all the local villages have now taken up arms to avenge Marojo villagers, promising great spirit fury upon their new enemy. For its part, Aztlan leadership has denied all involvement in this attack, saying that Colonel Vasquez and his entire team had gone rogue and was declared deserters and traitors four days prior to this attack. We are still waiting for Amazonian response to this statement but we all think they will find this explanation all too convenient. This was Veronica Hanes for World News Channel.
// end file //

Don't want to steal this guy's line but... I love it when a plan comes together!]<<<<<
       -- Smiley (13:35:17/04-14-74)

>>>>>[Son of a.....! But that doesn't explain why Azzies are crawlin all over my behind about sins of the father. Blah blah blah. But there certainly are alor now that are meeting their ancestors.]<<<<<
       -- Marak (14:15:17/04-14-74)
no no no thats a BIG BUG
green - speech
blue - thought
Hello mon come on and letd get dis party started no

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #1517 on: <04-14-12/1442:57> »
>>>>>[I hope both of you got out clean, and by that I mean that you left nothing behind that could be used as a material link. If you aren't sure, get some magical protection if you haven't already. And word of advice, stay away from the Yucatan/Aztlan border for the next few days.]<<<<<
       -- Bravo Six (14:15:17/04-14-74)
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Marak1972

• Omae
« Reply #1518 on: <04-14-12/1448:18> »
>>>>>[Six that was here in Seattle in the Redmon Barrens. They came after me! I've been defending myself as a lot of people can attest to. It was a deadly hide n seek for a while]<<<<<
       -- Marak (14:48:17/04-14-74)
no no no thats a BIG BUG
green - speech
blue - thought

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1519 on: <04-14-12/1448:43> »
>>>>>[All right!  Refreshed from my fishing trip and no longer wanting to choke a slitch due to politics!  So, what's this about Murphy breaking his arm and spirits being sent after people?]<<<<<
       -- Money Johnson (14:48:33/04-14-74)
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Morg

« Reply #1520 on: <04-14-12/1608:26> »
>>>>>[Oh hi Money...who the heck is this old...um...venerable...wise...damn it etiquette is hard, all you sleepers have it easy you guys can get skillwires and don't have to worry about complacated mystical drek..and...Nice to have a trusty veteran back in the trenches M.J. ...Murphy was almost geeked by an earth spirit...Iceblade and Smiley had some easy runs...Marak and I buried a frend...you have no idea who I am do you...she's right I am too egocentric.]<<<<<

-- Morg (16:08:23/04-14-74)
« Last Edit: <04-14-12/1611:25> by Morg »

Marak1972

• Omae
« Reply #1521 on: <04-14-12/1614:01> »
>>>>>[Uh Morg...She who?? Hi Money. It also seems the Azzies have let the JAgs loose down south and in the barrens. The law is gettin twitchy at the amount of 'fireworks' going off here. But still too wary or afraid to come in it seems.]<<<<<

-- Marak (16:14:23/04-14-74)
no no no thats a BIG BUG
green - speech
blue - thought

Morg

« Reply #1522 on: <04-14-12/1709:05> »
>>>>>[She's the fuzzy elf in my night classes and she just finished shooting me down. I am the lonely wanderer once more...ouch...I my resist pain spell needs recasting]<<<<<

-- Morg (17:06:47/04-14-74)

Marak1972

• Omae
« Reply #1523 on: <04-14-12/1727:07> »
>>>>>[Well lets get your mind off your broken heart mon. First few rounds are on me my friend.]<<<<<

-- Marak (17:27:47/04-14-74)
no no no thats a BIG BUG
green - speech
blue - thought

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1524 on: <04-14-12/1829:06> »
>>>>>[Ah, that is classic, Smiley. Excellent work. Anything that puts the screws to the Azzies is good in my book.

Marak, as for why Azzies are after you, if they said 'sins of the father', look to make sure you don't have any close friends or family that have fragged with the Azzies in the past. They're big on the whole 'make an example of' thing, as I'm sure several here could tell you. Otherwise, it may be something else entirely. It has to be something big, though, for them to go sending in actual Jaguars to try and geek you.

Morg, that 'fuzzy elf' was likely a Night One. Not exactly common over here in North Am, but there are a few who've come over from Europe. Nocturnal Elf metavariant.]<<<<<

--Iceblade (18:28:23/04-14-74)
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1525 on: <04-14-12/1844:06> »
>>>>>[I hire a Night One frequently for legwork when I don't have time to do it myself.  He's very good at it.  His boyfriend is also a 'Runner and a damned reliable one, if not someone you ever want angry at you.  The nocturnal bit is due to an issue with sunlight, like albinos.]<<<<<
-- Money Johnson (18:43:10/04-14-74)
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1526 on: <04-14-12/1852:25> »
>>>>>[More than that, Money. They are actually 'hardwired' to be more active at night. Body chemistry thing, or something. Anyways, they can be very useful for night ops, but a surprising amount of biz happens in the day, and the Night One I knew while doing a stint in corpsec always seemed to be half-asleep if he got put on day shift.]<<<<<

--Iceblade (18:52:32/04-14-74)
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Marak1972

• Omae
« Reply #1527 on: <04-14-12/2108:06> »
>>>>>[Ah, that is classic, Smiley. Excellent work. Anything that puts the screws to the Azzies is good in my book.

Marak, as for why Azzies are after you, if they said 'sins of the father', look to make sure you don't have any close friends or family that have fragged with the Azzies in the past. They're big on the whole 'make an example of' thing, as I'm sure several here could tell you. Otherwise, it may be something else entirely. It has to be something big, though, for them to go sending in actual Jaguars to try and geek you.

Morg, that 'fuzzy elf' was likely a Night One. Not exactly common over here in North Am, but there are a few who've come over from Europe. Nocturnal Elf metavariant.]<<<<<

--Iceblade (18:28:23/04-14-74)

>>>>>[Ah Hell mon! My pops had a major hardon for pissin them off, being he was texan born and bred. God rest his soul. And my Ma disappeared after his death. Same reason. I came here to make a name for myself, not to have Pops past bite me in de kester. Mon I no go look fer trouble with Azzies or der JAg attack dogs, but I'm dmn skippy not gonna run from a fight....well you know what I mean.Um on that topic, anyone good at gettin info outta people I made 3 of em do the funky chicken with the stick n shock ammo. I'd really like to know what info they have and what dey're marchin orders are mon.]<<<<<

--Marak (21:07:23/04-14-74)
« Last Edit: <04-14-12/2121:10> by Marak1972 »
no no no thats a BIG BUG
green - speech
blue - thought

Smiley

• Omae
  • Full of bad Lulz
« Reply #1528 on: <04-15-12/1125:26> »
>>>>>[Thanks Iceblade. And yeah, it truly is one of the great classic! A little hard to prepare and execute flawlessly but still one of the most effective trick in the Intelligence biz! I really should do that more often, I don't get to use a flamethrower often enough! Hahaha!]<<<<<
       -- Smiley (11:25:24/04-15-74)
"Fun? Frag yeah! Always is when that involves a bucket full of drek!"
-Smiley

Marak1972

• Omae
« Reply #1529 on: <04-15-12/1343:32> »
>>>>>[So what do you do with 3 Azzies hangin around by the ceiling. Pinata comes to mind! But I really want to know what they know etc. Anyone versed in texhniques wanna help?? I could channel my dad and use as a speed bag. But that won't get me the info. Hmmmm might call my fixer or Draco or someone.]<<<<<
       -- Marak (13:25:24/04-15-74)
no no no thats a BIG BUG
green - speech
blue - thought

Register