NEWS

Drowning in Shadows [OOC]

• 261 Replies

AalithHUN

« Reply #225 on: <02-17-12/0758:37> »
"it's wireless reliever was"

I assume you mean it hasn't got wireless? Voice command only? This is the first time I'm hearing about this, I think, and it would be a huge disadvantage - diagnostics, commands, warnings has to be done manually. A patrol drone without wireless cannot message you if they break into your hose while sleeping or not at home. It can have a siren or something, but good luck commanding it in a fight from 10 meters away while shooting it's Ingram LMG. And what would voice commands be? They must be very simple, because in AR, you just designate the target, but with voice "shoot the guy in the brown jacket and green trousers with the Ares Predator" is just hard to pull. Not to mention if you want more complex things done. Are you sure about this, many actions will be wasted with speaking in combat, instead of a quick AR command.

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #226 on: <02-17-12/0814:57> »
"it's wireless reliever was"

I assume you mean it hasn't got wireless? Voice command only? This is the first time I'm hearing about this, I think, and it would be a huge disadvantage - diagnostics, commands, warnings has to be done manually. A patrol drone without wireless cannot message you if they break into your hose while sleeping or not at home. It can have a siren or something, but good luck commanding it in a fight from 10 meters away while shooting it's Ingram LMG. And what would voice commands be? They must be very simple, because in AR, you just designate the target, but with voice "shoot the guy in the brown jacket and green trousers with the Ares Predator" is just hard to pull. Not to mention if you want more complex things done. Are you sure about this, many actions will be wasted with speaking in combat, instead of a quick AR command.
nope you misunderstood me, it has wireless, but Sharp is no Hacker, so she keeps the wireless only one direction, the Doberman sends messages but does not receive any,  he has disabled the receiver. So you can not access him trough matrix.
 ;) good trick if you do not want your drone to be hacked.
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
« Reply #227 on: <02-17-12/1444:25> »
Done with Tuesday
Not sure if it counts still to creation or already into the game but you are free to call for rolls and say that i am not able to do so will edit but for now i have
bought
trodes
Sub vokal
Simrig
Hotsim

R5 lodge materials

Learned armourer and Stunball
RainDragonBar

AalithHUN

« Reply #228 on: <02-17-12/1648:11> »
New player is doing fine, will insert him tomorrow. Waiting for Sammy's Tuesday.

K: armorer's skill rating?

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
« Reply #229 on: <02-17-12/1651:54> »
New player is doing fine, will insert him tomorrow. Waiting for Sammy's Tuesday.

getting the first one, not more I can get in one day, and no lodge yet too, have to get it up one force pre day, no days left.  :(
« Last Edit: <02-17-12/1805:27> by Kouryuu »
RainDragonBar

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #230 on: <02-17-12/1756:15> »

That would be me, so I'll go ahead and say hi.  :)

Just because I like knowing the people I game with, some background on me (the real me, not my character): I'm a computer programmer in my mid thirties, currently living in Vermont, though I'm going to be moving to Virginia next weekend. My wife and I have three kids. My tabletop gaming experience has been mostly from the GM side of the screen; I'm looking forward to the different perspective.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
« Reply #231 on: <02-17-12/1804:35> »

That would be me, so I'll go ahead and say hi.  :)

Just because I like knowing the people I game with, some background on me (the real me, not my character): I'm a computer programmer in my mid thirties, currently living in Vermont, though I'm going to be moving to Virginia next weekend. My wife and I have three kids. My tabletop gaming experience has been mostly from the GM side of the screen; I'm looking forward to the different perspective.
Welcome good to have you on board

Inroductions, introductions

20-something biology student from Latvia -> North East Europe still kicking the Uni for PhD
SR PbP is most of my experience. thank-you all for that, it's awesome here!
RainDragonBar

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
  • Serpens, nisi serpentem comederit, non fit draco
« Reply #232 on: <02-17-12/1809:20> »
Welcome aboard,Thvor;

As far as introductions go, I'm a brazilian psychology student (althought with a lot of practise experience) of twenty-four (last time I counted... seriously, I tend to forget my age. I've been playing a lot lately, which is really a new esperience for me. I've also had my share of GMing (not shadowrun, but almost all my time as an RPG player were spent behind the screen). Hope you enjoy the game.

I'm curious to see your character; let's see what will probably be our next team member.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #233 on: <02-17-12/1932:20> »
I'm curious to see your character; let's see what will probably be our next team member.

I'm looking forward to playing him. :) Since I haven't gotten final approval yet, though, I'm going to hold off on saying much. But Aalith has been working to make sure that he fills gaps in the current team, and the interactions should be...interesting. :D

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #234 on: <02-18-12/1253:19> »

OK, put something in for Tuesday, used my negative qualities a bit for this.

As for intruductions, I'm a 30-something programmer in a pharmaceutical company in Belgium.  I've been playing PBEMs and tabletops since I started at university (seems a long time ago) and recently I've started PbPs.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

AalithHUN

« Reply #235 on: <02-18-12/1351:55> »
Then me too. 27 year old in next may, studying and working in tourism, living in Hungary, practicing martial arts since childhood and nearly every extreme sport there is since teen years :) I now moved from rock climbing to caving (spelunking). I love role playing, played several (my long run favorite is Vampire), now into SR, doing that mostly from work or at night. :)

Little swamped by these things now, trying to make time for SR desperately...Reading background of Thvor's character now and thinking of a good way to insert him (may have to wait a little until we get to a certain point in the story)

AalithHUN

« Reply #236 on: <02-20-12/1200:20> »
Farothel! I think you haven't displayed your character on the first page of the OOC yet. Please do it if you can and have a little time.

I've added "Billy" there in one of my post, feel free to observe and help your new teammate :)
« Last Edit: <02-20-12/1202:41> by AalithHUN »

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
« Reply #237 on: <02-20-12/1330:57> »
Whoa, just gave a quick glance at Billy's background... It seems like Billy and the Gentleman could have a healthy competitive interaction, hehhee.

Well, their commom specialties may imply that they probably both heard about each other, when they first seem each other.

It's going to be interesting.  ;D

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #238 on: <02-20-12/1542:16> »
Whoa, just gave a quick glance at Billy's background... It seems like Billy and the Gentleman could have a healthy competitive interaction, hehhee.

I'll race you up the outside of the space needle any day, bud. ;)

Well, their commom specialties may imply that they probably both heard about each other, when they first seem each other.

It's going to be interesting.  ;D

Aalith, what do you think? Should Hayden and the Gentleman have heard of each other? With the overlap in infiltration (and Hayden's signature quality), it's definitely something we could run with. Or would that throw off your idea of how to pull Hayden into the story?

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
« Reply #239 on: <02-20-12/1714:25> »
Probably they would... since they work in the exact same area: wetwork. But if they would recognize each other... that's the tricky part.

But I can work with both.

And after the introductions are done, we can even start our own competition (think Legolas x Gimli kill count).  ;)

Register