NEWS

Drowning in Shadows [OOC]

• 261 Replies

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #195 on: <02-13-12/1605:39> »

"Ironfist" Franks 1/1
Watchmaker 1/1

Respectively.

And pls go ahead and post your characters on the first page of the OOC. I'm not going to delete it as it seems.
Watchmaker C2/Loy1
The person does not lose the connection if it's a shared one, or is it not Sharps Watchmaker?  ???
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar

AalithHUN

« Reply #196 on: <02-13-12/1627:21> »
Yeah, but Watchmaker can decide how much information he shares with his "clients". He may be even more connected then Sharp knows...

And be ready, tomorrow Sharp will finally get her call! :)

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
  • Serpens, nisi serpentem comederit, non fit draco
« Reply #197 on: <02-13-12/1634:18> »
Was the taser returned to Mike? Just so I know how to proprely react....  :P

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
« Reply #198 on: <02-13-12/1640:52> »
Yeah, but Watchmaker can decide how much information he shares with his "clients". He may be even more connected then Sharp knows...

And be ready, tomorrow Sharp will finally get her call! :)
The connection Value has nothing to do with Sharp, or anyone else except Watchmaker himself, Loyalty will determine everything he shares with Sharp but the connection is how well he is situated in the world.

So you can rule that he will not share more then Connection 1 with sharp cuz he has only Loy 2, but his Con level will still have to be 4 or 5 - the original one.
SRA page 285
RainDragonBar

AalithHUN

« Reply #199 on: <02-13-12/1807:19> »
Somewhere in some book, I cannot remember, but it sounds like this:

"Just because a Contact has a connection rating of 2 that doesn't necessarily mean they are that connected, it just means how much they are willing to share with the character..." or something. If it's important, I can look it up tomorrow, but today I'm too tired.

Meaning, Connection level is from your perspective. You can have a Mafia boss contact with 1/1 - meaning he's not gonna tap into his international lines and call in favors if you ask something. As your importance or reputation goes up, he's more willing to let you in into his web of contacts. 

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
« Reply #200 on: <02-13-12/1832:38> »
Somewhere in some book, I cannot remember, but it sounds like this:

"Just because a Contact has a connection rating of 2 that doesn't necessarily mean they are that connected, it just means how much they are willing to share with the character..." or something. If it's important, I can look it up tomorrow, but today I'm too tired.

Meaning, Connection level is from your perspective. You can have a Mafia boss contact with 1/1 - meaning he's not gonna tap into his international lines and call in favors if you ask something. As your importance or reputation goes up, he's more willing to let you in into his web of contacts.
As a twist on the usual role of contacts in a game, some contacts may seek out the player characters in search of information. In some circumstances, contacts may compete with player characters to obtain data or resources, a situation that can quickly develop into bidding or information wars as contacts play the characters off other NPCs or manipulate events to their own advantage. Other contacts may be pressured by outside individuals, groups, or other mysterious forces not to cooperate with player characters (known as “hanging them out to dry”), or even to mislead them. Contacts may also be less than cooperative for their own reasons.
guess you mean this?
RainDragonBar

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
« Reply #201 on: <02-13-12/2042:39> »
I don't know about a rule book or anything like that, but I've seen one contact in one of the Official Missions which worked like this; he had four different values of Connections, according to how much information he would choose to share with the character.
It was the only place I saw something like that, it's a strange thing, after all.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #202 on: <02-14-12/0218:16> »
I always assumed that it was the loyalty rating that indicated how much the contact was willing to cooperate.  Even with a connection of 6, a loyalty 1 contact is not going to give everything, or he/she needs some 'incentive' to do so.  On the other hand a loyalty 6 contact will share everything with the character, how little it might be.  Which is why I try not to take loyalty 1 contacts.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

AalithHUN

« Reply #203 on: <02-14-12/0406:43> »
Taser has been given back. :)

And found it:

"Higher levels
of Connections means either they have access to more and
better equipment (Corporate Scientist with access to a particle
accelerator) or they are willing to introduce you to their own
contacts (Fixers with a low Connection rating do not
necessarily have few connections... they just aren't willing to
introduce you to them), or perhaps they are higher up on the
food chain (Corporate Executive rather than Middle
Management/Grunt). "

It's only logical. As far as you know Watchmaker is a somewhat connected droner, but he could be Lowfyr in disguise and you wouldn't know about it - until the GM reveals that he has a C20 rating the minute you get his comm number...So the connection and loyalty rating is towards you - with other people, he may have less loyalty and more connection rating or vica versa. Of course, he has a max C rating he cannot go over, even if he likes you like no other :)
« Last Edit: <02-14-12/0413:55> by AalithHUN »

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
« Reply #204 on: <02-14-12/0436:52> »
Watchmaker a drake? Good idea i like it.
But I doubt there is need to show diferent C value to every player, i still think you can use Loy  to set max avalible connection
RainDragonBar

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
« Reply #205 on: <02-14-12/0725:51> »
Hm... guys, I'm really an ignorant when the subject is firearms, but, well, I'm playing an expert, so if some of you could just help me out understanding some little things, it would be great.

An weapon with a muzzle-loader (such as the Yamaha Sakura Fubuki) has no need for clips(or something equivalent), or I'm completely wrong on this one? It's loaded directly on the barrel, isn't it?

If so, I had bought two useless spare clips... Aalith, could I just change them to be used with another weapon?

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #206 on: <02-14-12/0859:57> »
Isn't a muzzle loader like those old muskets, one ball at the time from the front?  I must admit I don't know all the terminology in English.  I assume you refer to a load system like a modern day shotgun, where you put the shells one at the time in the chamber.  If that's the case you don't need clips.

I've just read your post in IC.  If it was RL, it would give me the creeps, but it was a great post.  :)  +1 to you.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
« Reply #207 on: <02-14-12/0919:11> »
Thanks, farothel; I was about to apologize for the lenght of the post, but I really liked to write it. It shows a little how the Gentleman sees his world.

About the muzzle thing: I got the same problem, I don't exactly know the correct terminology in english, and so far I've found it a little complicated to find clear information on the subject. But I'm thinking the same way as you are.

AalithHUN

« Reply #208 on: <02-14-12/0950:54> »
It means you have to load them from the front. Yes, you can change the clips, that makes little difference.

IC will hold for a little after Sharp steps into the stage. Now comes the part where I wanted to insert the new player, but he seems to have bailed on me. I will search for another, but it would be good if we could do this "inside the house". So if you know a reliable player from one of your runs who could join us, ask him (or her) if he wants to. :)

And I don't know if you've seen this, but this was Netz' roll:

"Composure Test (Sandwich scene)" - that just cracked me up! :)
« Last Edit: <02-14-12/0954:50> by AalithHUN »

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
« Reply #209 on: <02-14-12/1603:41> »
And I don't know if you've seen this, but this was Netz' roll:

"Composure Test (Sandwich scene)" - that just cracked me up! :)

Glad you enjoyed. I usually try to make it easy for me to remember which roll is which, but if it can be done on a more interesting why, then I really try to make it so.

But from now on, I will be suspicious of Sandwiches in this campaign...  ;D

Register