NEWS

Drowning in Shadows [OOC]

• 261 Replies

AalithHUN

« Reply #180 on: <02-09-12/1403:54> »
I might be able to come up with something, but there would need to be some serious relaxing of the restrictions (not to mention the whole quality thing).

Nope. Pls read the post about fairness. If the others had the restrictions, you have to respect them too. And no offense, but I think your and my personality is just too different to be in the same game. Sorry.

AalithHUN

« Reply #181 on: <02-09-12/1404:54> »
Good that you did not, as i have a definite belief in the IP's meaning, yours are different so will like to see my spirit called in the 2IP use the 3rd and 4th, if you decide to use it, as i have to live here with no re-roll misses with edge  :P

GM = Law
Does not mean we can not try to convince the law to change. ::)

I tried and failed, but at least I can accept defeat gracefully :) Unlike dragon totem magicians for example :)
Who me?  :-\

No. It's a disadvantage for the totem. CHA+WIL (3)

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #182 on: <02-09-12/1429:05> »
I'm game to continue.  I've had quite some work to fit my character in this game and I wouldn't like to have all that effort been for nought.  Also I want to see what those qualities I've never used before will do in the end.  :)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #183 on: <02-09-12/1432:30> »
Aalith,

If you're willing to go on, and to take a relative newbie into the game, I'd be willing to pull a character together. I'd started watching your threads to see how PBP worked, and I like your GM style--you're fair, and friendly even when someone is disagreeing strongly. I'd hate for the game to have to stop now.

And it certainly doesnt hurt that I've agreed with your tougher calls (debt, interrupt actions).

As I said, I'm still fairly new to SR. I've been GM'ing for some friends for a while now, so I'm familiar with the core rules, and have access to the supplements as well. I have not done PBP yet, however.

If you're interested, let me know.

-Thvor
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #184 on: <02-09-12/1442:22> »
I'd love to play honestly. I watched the whole Sichr thing in slow motion and he broke the golden rule of RP: If the GM drops his foot, his word is law. Hence why I left in the first place, we were butting heads pretty hard over character concept and it just wasn't working because of your ideas of "Good and Bad" qualities. I still have plenty of character concepts sitting and gathering dust if you need me.

There is no such golden rule of RP. GM are also humans, don't know all the rules and make mistakes. That's not to say that when GM put's boundary or make an upfront call on how will he rule in certain situations he shouldn't do so.

But if you want to be perceived as fair you need to reach agreements. forcing a rule isn't an option, that result in player or gm leaving the game. It's easier on this forum, where the number of available players is very high, but still, if there is something in raw, as a player or gm i'd expect it to work, otherwise it's a freeform game. It's a style that's liked by some but not by me and it seems not by Sichr.
Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #185 on: <02-09-12/1448:40> »
One point about silver bullets.

You can't eradicate them from your game no matter how hard you'll be on your restrictions.
I got a runner in my game *wink*, that is one shooting things here and there, and he is using perfectly legal taser to do so, I've went the way to embrace it, like the matrix, astral and entire shadowrun universe
Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry

AalithHUN

« Reply #186 on: <02-10-12/0344:52> »
Tonight, I'll go on with the IC and will try to insert the new player into it as it goes. Potential players should continue watching the IC and OOC just to be in the loop. I think I'm close to somehow get Sharp in (an uncouth shapeshifter dronemage who lives "in the middle of nowhere" in Everett :) and has only one contact with the outside world - it wasn't easy)  :o

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #187 on: <02-10-12/0422:26> »
I also have somewhere a post I'm still waiting a reply on.  If you could look into it.  :)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #188 on: <02-10-12/0428:52> »
Tonight, I'll go on with the IC and will try to insert the new player into it as it goes. Potential players should continue watching the IC and OOC just to be in the loop. I think I'm close to somehow get Sharp in (an uncouth shapeshifter dronemage who lives "in the middle of nowhere" in Everett :) and has only one contact with the outside world - it wasn't easy)  :o
Sharp is a bit to much sociophobe for your taste?

Leaving you here for 2 days, have fun!!!
« Last Edit: <02-10-12/0651:53> by Kouryuu »
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar

AalithHUN

« Reply #189 on: <02-10-12/1209:36> »
Just hard to get a reason for her to hop into the city and mingle with mortals :)

AalithHUN

« Reply #190 on: <02-10-12/1217:24> »
I also have somewhere a post I'm still waiting a reply on.  If you could look into it.  :)

Don't worry, this time I saw that (also, it's red). :)

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #191 on: <02-10-12/1251:34> »
Just hard to get a reason for her to hop into the city and mingle with mortals :)
Just let of my drones fly of, they have limited range signal so to reach them I would have to go get it. Not. much of a hacker here.
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar

AalithHUN

« Reply #192 on: <02-12-12/1237:37> »
The Gentleman is not just good looking, he's smart too. :)

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
  • Serpens, nisi serpentem comederit, non fit draco
« Reply #193 on: <02-13-12/1517:26> »
As it seems, I guess the Gentleman could be one would like to have as a friend...

Since it's quite safer to be on his good side!  ;D

AalithHUN

« Reply #194 on: <02-13-12/1603:12> »

"Ironfist" Franks 1/1
Watchmaker 1/1

Respectively.

And pls go ahead and post your characters on the first page of the OOC. I'm not going to delete it as it seems.