NEWS

Recruiting: Dawn of the Artifacts

• 47 Replies

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #30 on: <12-20-11/0936:16> »
I'm the adept, so I don't have any spells at all.  I do have astral perception and a weapons focus, so we can all go in the astral to chat.

As for knowing each other, I'm sure we can come up with something, even if it's the classic 'you were recomended by a friend of a friend'.  At least the three mages should have a talismonger network in common (those magical lodge materials and foci don't show up by themselves).
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

RelentlessImp

• Chummer
« Reply #31 on: <12-20-11/0941:19> »
I am real good (tm) at healing -> spellcasting 6 with specialization in healing plus magic 5 giving me 13 dices without BC, I need to think a bit on taking some kind of fetish or foci.
also not good at summoning/banishing

spellbook so far:
Armor (Manipulation) DV: (F÷2)+3
Combat Sense (Detection) DV: (F÷2)+2
Heal (Health) DV: (Damage Value)-2
Increase Reflexes (Health) DV: (F÷2)+2
Manabolt (Combat) DV: (F÷2)
Mindnet (Detection) DV: (F÷2)+3
Offensive Mana Barrier (Manipulation) DV: (F÷2)+3
Stabilize (Health) DV: (Overflow damage)-2

I am a combat mage, so I'd rather avoid dropping the combat sense/reflexes, though the truth is I'll probably not have them both on myself at once, so maybe that clear water would find it's spot.

I highly recommend dropping Manabolt for Stunbolt; Stunbolt is a M spell, so it can still hit Astral targets, and it has a lower Drain code (F/2-1 vs F/2) and it's Stun damage for those times when you wanna drop someone without killing them. Plus it's brutal for dispersing spirits.

Also maybe dropping Armor; it makes you glow, so you're an obvious target.
Next time you're down on your knees, and you're expecting a slap, it might be me in that mask, and I just might have a bat.
Currently Looking for Work

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #32 on: <12-20-11/0950:31> »
Imp, maybe you missed the point where he's a combat mage. Manabolt is always a good thing to have for a combat mage. Personally I picked Astral Armor instead of Armor because when fighting on the astral, you need a lot of extra help. If you were going to drop any of those spells, I would drop Stabilize or mindnet, and pick up a couple trauma patches or a medkit.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

RelentlessImp

• Chummer
« Reply #33 on: <12-20-11/0954:33> »
Imp, maybe you missed the point where he's a combat mage. Manabolt is always a good thing to have for a combat mage. Personally I picked Astral Armor instead of Armor because when fighting on the astral, you need a lot of extra help. If you were going to drop any of those spells, I would drop Stabilize or mindnet, and pick up a couple trauma patches or a medkit.

There's those spells, too. But he's also a combat mage that has no spells that affect non-living targets, like vehicles or drones, which might not be as much of a threat in Africa and various Feral Cities, but still something he has no way to affect beyond a gun or grenade... and most of them have high enough Body to just outright ignore smaller arms.
Next time you're down on your knees, and you're expecting a slap, it might be me in that mask, and I just might have a bat.

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #34 on: <12-20-11/1000:56> »

There's those spells, too. But he's also a combat mage that has no spells that affect non-living targets, like vehicles or drones, which might not be as much of a threat in Africa and various Feral Cities, but still something he has no way to affect beyond a gun or grenade... and most of them have high enough Body to just outright ignore smaller arms.

You both missed also that I am healer mage (actually from the background I am a battlefield medic - hence combat sense and armor for patching guys under suppresive fire, armor and barrier to protect subject being treated and stabilize for quick stop of bleeding). The mindnet is a support function for tactnet in jammed environment (we used to have a good commo guy, but he went into some tunnels lately).

also for the things that cannot be affected with manabolt I have an assault rifle (a must proficiency in a mercanery company)
Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #35 on: <12-20-11/1011:33> »
That works nicely, then. Iceblade has a katana, a knife, and a katana swordcane, as well as his Fubuki loaded with ExEx ammo.

My Characters

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #36 on: <12-20-11/1109:03> »
I wanted to give you guys a heads up that you will be encountering some areas with a high background count. Seems only right to mention it since we don't have any mundanes in the group. Make sure the group is able to function if your magic gets a little "thin". If you are concerned about this I'll allow one of you to make a substitution (for a mundane cyber/bio sammy, etc). You guys make the call.

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #37 on: <12-20-11/1124:59> »
Like I said, I could go for a rigger
1. I'd need a little time to prep him
2. What are conditions of taking vehicles/drones with me. No need to buy them on the chargen, if I won't be able to take them with myself.

Denver Missions
running 13

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #38 on: <12-20-11/1136:49> »
If needed, I could switch Iceblade out for a Street Sam I have, but his idea of 'diplomacy' is 'claymore to the face'.

My Characters

RelentlessImp

• Chummer
« Reply #39 on: <12-20-11/1143:22> »
If needed, I could switch Iceblade out for a Street Sam I have, but his idea of 'diplomacy' is 'claymore to the face'.

You mean that's not how diplomacy is done?

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #40 on: <12-20-11/1146:13> »
Well, not normally, no. And it looks like Iceblade is the closest thing we have to a Face in this group.

My Characters

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #41 on: <12-20-11/1221:29> »
Like I said, I could go for a rigger
1. I'd need a little time to prep him
2. What are conditions of taking vehicles/drones with me. No need to buy them on the chargen, if I won't be able to take them with myself.

If you wanted to go with a rigger that would be fine, I'd suggest making him pretty flexible (drone rigging, vehicle piloting, some hacking, good ranged weapons skills, some build/repair skills, first aid). That would fill the MacGyver role that any team in a feral city needs. Only MacGyver didn't like guns, I don't think you'll have that same reservation. :)

As for drones, you'll only be able to bring a select few with you, and they need to be small. I will make sure that you have a chance to get some locally; they'll be a Mad Max assortment but I promise they won't be junk. Might even have some surprises for you. Lagos works on something similar to a barter-token system, where you transfer money to an intermediary and they arrange for local goods. This would normally not be something you could arrange with BP-based money at chargen, but I'll allow you to put aside up to 4 BP's (20k nuyen) for barter tokens that will get you some serious local gear.

If you do a rigger, you'll have all the bases covered nicely. A ranged combat mage, a melee combat mage, a street sammy-ish gun adept, and a heavy gear rigger for support fire and mission support.

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #42 on: <12-20-11/1236:04> »
I'd be happy to create a rigger. :)

Denver Missions
running 13

AalithHUN

« Reply #43 on: <12-20-11/1248:47> »
Hi!
Still recruiting or you haven't got any more room left?

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #44 on: <12-20-11/1309:53> »
I wanted to give you guys a heads up that you will be encountering some areas with a high background count. Seems only right to mention it since we don't have any mundanes in the group. Make sure the group is able to function if your magic gets a little "thin". If you are concerned about this I'll allow one of you to make a substitution (for a mundane cyber/bio sammy, etc). You guys make the call.

I've made my adept so I can shut down 1-2 power points, depending on the situation, without much problem.  Just one question.  If you have to remove, say 1 power point worth of powers, can you shut some down, but if the situation changes, shut down others and re-activate some of the ones you shut down before?
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Register