NEWS

Stick and Shock- Is it too good?

• 153 Replies

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #30 on: <09-11-10/0407:15> »
tbh the stick n shock is only in arsenal as a shotgun round anyway so i dont know why the conversation about shooting them from pistols or snipers makes them overpowered. just bring it back to the rule book and problem solved
WTF
S&S is not in arsenal, its in the corebook.
"An it harm none, do what you will"

rockstar

• Newb
« Reply #31 on: <09-11-10/1612:11> »
confused stick an shock with shock lock. my mistake, im british so you'll forgive me right.

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #32 on: <09-11-10/1630:18> »
confused stick an shock with shock lock. my mistake, im british so you'll forgive me right.

We won't bring out the tar and feathers. This time.

;)
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

Wayfinder

• Newb
  • fraggin fragged frag
« Reply #33 on: <09-13-10/2223:15> »
But I LOVE to tar and feather!!!!

Darkeus

• Newb
« Reply #34 on: <09-14-10/0002:15> »
Has I stated in the House Rules thread linked in this thread, I follow the wisdom of previous editions.  That is, I pretend SnS was never introduced into the setting and just go from there.

No SnS affecting spirits (Absolutely ridiculous), no extra hits for shock damage.  If you want the same affect, buy a Taser.  Beside the fact that SnS is impossible by physics, how can you tell me with a straight face that a projectile that is supposed to impale itself on teh target and then electrocute its target can penetrate a spirit that has ItNW which makes its armor like that of a TANK to even electrocute anything!!!

Yep, SnS and Emotitoys...   No, no, no.  Not Shadowrun, will never be Shadowrun.  If you want to attack a spirit, use an Attack of Will or hire a Mage/Shaman.
I thought what I'd do is; I would pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #35 on: <09-14-10/0051:59> »
Agreed. Not in my games. Ever.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #36 on: <09-14-10/0143:09> »
Beside the fact that SnS is impossible by physics, how can you tell me with a straight face that a projectile that is supposed to impale itself on teh target and then electrocute its target can penetrate a spirit that has ItNW which makes its armor like that of a TANK to even electrocute anything!!!
Not really, tanks have heavy armor and dont care about stun damage.
Spirits on the other hand have a magical effect that make then resistant to damage, little less so for elemental effects.
And really, will you next remove tasers from the game when your players start using Defiance EX Shockers against spirits(which is much better then S&S for it) followed closely by lasers,flamethrowers, railguns,APDS,Assault cannons,sniper rifles, sport rifles,shotguns and ruger super warhawk.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #37 on: <09-14-10/0154:56> »
Depends.

Do you count tasers, SnS, etc as "elemental"? I don't.

Most electric-based incapacitation doesn't rely on doing actual "damage" with electricity, it makes muscles lock up.

Spirits have no muscles.

I'd let someone use an electrical power line against a spirit, though. Unless an effect has some "raw surge of pure elemental power" feel to it, I don't generally count it for bypassing ItNW.

« Last Edit: <09-14-10/0157:11> by KarmaInferno »

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #38 on: <09-14-10/0410:25> »
I'd let someone use an electrical power line against a spirit, though. Unless an effect has some "raw surge of pure elemental power" feel to it, I don't generally count it for bypassing ItNW.
Neither does anyone else, it's just that  AP-half helps when dealing with lots of armor.

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #39 on: <09-14-10/0457:24> »
And really, will you next remove tasers

Which has a lot less range

followed closely by lasers,flamethrowers, railguns,APDS,Assault cannons,sniper rifles,

Which are a lot harder to get, not to mention illegal

sport rifles,shotguns and ruger super warhawk.

I hope you understand, but I will stop taking you serious now.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #40 on: <09-14-10/0501:20> »
Which are a lot harder to get, not to mention illegal
And how is this a problem for a shadowrunner.
Also the latter half of that list isn't anymore illegal then the gun you use to shoot the S&S and pretty much just as good for taking out spirits.

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #41 on: <09-14-10/2049:09> »
Yep, SnS and Emotitoys...   No, no, no.  Not Shadowrun, will never be Shadowrun. 

What's with the Emotitoy hate? ???

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #42 on: <09-14-10/2144:14> »
Some people just hate on the cute and fuzzy bunnies... ;)

Darkeus

• Newb
« Reply #43 on: <09-14-10/2152:12> »
Beside the fact that SnS is impossible by physics, how can you tell me with a straight face that a projectile that is supposed to impale itself on teh target and then electrocute its target can penetrate a spirit that has ItNW which makes its armor like that of a TANK to even electrocute anything!!!
Not really, tanks have heavy armor and dont care about stun damage.
Spirits on the other hand have a magical effect that make then resistant to damage, little less so for elemental effects.
And really, will you next remove tasers from the game when your players start using Defiance EX Shockers against spirits(which is much better then S&S for it) followed closely by lasers,flamethrowers, railguns,APDS,Assault cannons,sniper rifles, sport rifles,shotguns and ruger super warhawk.

Taser don't work.  Why would tasers work if SnS wouldn't work?  Taser darts are not going to penetrate ItNW anymore than SnS would....

Maybe if you come with the heavy firepower that actually penetrates the spirits hardened armor (which it acts like) then I can see it.  It is a bit silly to say I would ban all teh other stuff.    SnS is just a silly ammo that just really doesn't belong.  Just my opinion....
I thought what I'd do is; I would pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #44 on: <09-14-10/2345:16> »
Some people just hate on the cute and fuzzy bunnies... ;)

Lol. They make great gifts. I always thought it would be cool to make a hacker character with an emotitoy that looks like a little cute version of them.