NEWS

Tangled Currents - OOC thread

• 383 Replies

Zen Gypsy

• Chummer
« Reply #105 on: <05-27-16/1755:02> »
Still limited to 7 though correct?  Something to think about, though I will work on the background and character info first.  Oh!  Do I need approval for entries and such to earn the Karma?  Just curious ;)

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #106 on: <05-28-16/0915:16> »
@Zen  The additional GM points for contacts are you helping us fill out the universe.  These contacts are for you, but they are more under GM control and may not react entirely as you want them to.  Not that any of the GMs here would try to screw you over through your contacts.  No, you can be absolutely certain that will never happen because all three of us are really nice guys and would never think of doing that to you.  Right, Adamu?  Aria?
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Zen Gypsy

• Chummer
« Reply #107 on: <05-28-16/1019:00> »
It's not Shadowrun if you don't have to watch your back, your enemies, and your allies for the inevitable double cross. :)

adamu

« Reply #108 on: <05-28-16/1952:50> »
@Jack - wasn't sure if you had more to do in the clearing or intended to leave.

If you do leave, there will be a post from me before you leave the wooded area, so you can leave the clearing but not the woods.

adamu

« Reply #109 on: <05-30-16/1755:56> »
@Jack -

Surprise.

Initiative.

Actions.

Rolls.

Zen Gypsy

• Chummer
« Reply #110 on: <06-02-16/2213:34> »
@Mercy Merchant
Not overly familiar with Seattle anymore, so the Lakeshore as a district doesn't give me much info for a narrative IC post, any clues you can give me on the layout of the district, commercial, industrial, entertainment, security and such.  Stuff Benoit could find over a map soft, or news streams.

Just want to be more descriptive in the next post! :)

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #111 on: <06-03-16/1039:27> »
@Zen.  Very good point.  Let me work something up that you can play against.  I am sorry that I did not think far enough head to have it ready for you.  Sorry to delay you.  You can, of course, make something up and it will become real.

Zen Gypsy

• Chummer
« Reply #112 on: <06-03-16/1220:14> »
No need to apologise, there is a Lake ridge Dr just off of Ranier, which would put the meet at the southeast edge of the Downtown core, a mile or so from the Bellevue district.

We could use that, though my parents are up this weekend so I may not have a post up till Sunday night anyways.

Thanks for the response though I'm having a blast getting into character!

Zen Gypsy

• Chummer
« Reply #113 on: <06-05-16/1711:20> »
Question, as I am a newb to the board, is there a built in dice rolling function or do I have to use an external site?  For example if Bryant wanted to scan the crowd at Lake Washington Park, how would I go about rolling it?  In spoilers in the IC thread?

Irn0rchid

• Omae
« Reply #114 on: <06-05-16/1718:41> »
I like Orokos for dice rolling. Xd6t5 is what you want for normal rolls and Xd6h5 for edge.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #115 on: <06-05-16/2142:07> »
I use Orokos as well.  I do see the need for rolling dice on occasion, but prefer to just play it out for most things, but I have no problem with you rolling all the time, if you like.  For my purposes, I like to have that posted in a spoiler in the IC as I hate having to flip back and forth.  If you do not want to roll then please just list what your dice pool is and I will adjudicate it.  It is pretty much your call.

Zen Gypsy

• Chummer
« Reply #116 on: <06-05-16/2147:32> »
Edited it a Visual Perception check to my last IC post, I typically only roll when I am obviously using a skill to try to accomplish something, or when asked to by the GM.  I am curious though, are the Tangled Current threads all solo, or is the plan at some point to converge them into a larger group arc?

Not that I mind at all, the solo thread allows me to build but Bryant's characterization in my own head. :)

Irn0rchid

• Omae
« Reply #117 on: <06-05-16/2200:22> »
The TC threads are supposed to go to duos then to groups.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #118 on: <06-05-16/2227:22> »
That is correct.  The TC threads are meant to be solo for a bit so that you and the GM can get comfortable with the character.  Then we move to pairs to get you used to working together with someone, then on to larger groups.  No set timeline to do that, at this point, but that is the plan.  I think that Adamu actually has at least one pair already working together.  I started after he did and am not at that point yet.

Zen Gypsy

• Chummer
« Reply #119 on: <06-08-16/1717:27> »
Hey Mercy, in Echo's thread I dropped one of the hit team's gunmen. You provided a description detailing the result of that action but they didn't return fire, an I to assume I have another action due to surprise, or should I just post some narrative in regards to Jacobs and Rowena, before you have them light me up?

Thanks for any clarification, and I am very much enjoying the scenario.