NEWS

Tangled Currents - OOC thread

• 383 Replies

adamu

« Reply #90 on: <05-17-16/1207:49> »
@Big Guns -

As per my last OOC message - just a note that I am not ignoring Serge.

I have stories for each person designed to set them up for a point where things come together. For various reasons, yours played out first.

But I still welcome any self-directed action in the meantime.

I was thinking that since Serge has actually never done any sort of criminal or clandestine work in his life, now that he knows something like that is coming up within a few days, he may have things he wants to do in preparation, either physically or emotionally.
But that's just me tossing ideas into the ring - it's your character.

adamu

« Reply #91 on: <05-18-16/0434:06> »
@Jack

Just to clarify, the woman was seen at the four kill spots, but those were one-offs.

The three forested park locations are not locations of any violence, and she has (according to data retrieved from previous agents) been known to be at those spots more than once (though not with any discerible pattern).

Also, they have exact coordinates (to within a hundred meters or so) of the spots in each of the three parks.

They can get you a one-day tourist visa (public places only) for Council Island. It will only pass a cursory scan, though, as they don't have biometric data on you (do you even have biometric data?).

As for next IC post, you can go again if you want, since you are in 'self-directed' territory right now.

Of if you OOC me what you will do next, I can IC what (if anything) you discover.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #92 on: <05-18-16/0448:09> »
Ah, ok then I misunderstood.

What I still don't understand is how this all started - what, where and why was the first attack.

And no, no biometrics beside what a glove molder or a contact lens can provide.

My next step would be to go home, recharge/realign (Yes, AIs need to take a nap regularly and even longer than normal meta-humans) and than go on a stake out while going over the provided material.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #93 on: <05-18-16/1316:02> »

What I still don't understand is how this all started - what, where and why was the first attack.

My next step would be to go home, recharge/realign (Yes, AIs need to take a nap regularly and even longer than normal meta-humans) and than go on a stake out while going over the provided material.

The file they send will have what they know about all four attacks. They all happened in public places, and there are dates for each. The first one was about two weeks ago. Other than those factors, the exact dates and locations are unimportant - feel free to fill them in if you want to when you IC looking at the files.
As for the why, Korean Gordo was clear that they have no idea why these attacks are happening. (Whether that's the truth is for you to decide.)

Okay, so when you get time you can IC yourself to your first stakeout spot. Let me know in it which of the three it is and what exactly you do there....

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #94 on: <05-18-16/1343:22> »
I'll start with the easiest to reach: Snohomish
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #95 on: <05-21-16/0047:40> »
Just as a heads up I'm out of town on a trip atm.  I'll try to get a post up when I get back.

adamu

« Reply #96 on: <05-21-16/0634:36> »
Just as a heads up I'm out of town on a trip atm.  I'll try to get a post up when I get back.

No worries - appreciate the heads up!

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #97 on: <05-21-16/1259:21> »
@Big Guns -

I have stories for each person designed to set them up for a point where things come together. For various reasons, yours played out first.

I was thinking that since Serge has actually never done any sort of criminal or clandestine work in his life, now that he knows something like that is coming up within a few days, he may have things he wants to do in preparation, either physically or emotionally.

Been trying to think of something, but I'm not good with self-directed.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

adamu

« Reply #98 on: <05-21-16/2115:14> »
@Big Guns -

Been trying to think of something, but I'm not good with self-directed.

No hurries, no worries, no pressure...just wanted you to know posts are welcome if you are so inclined, and will get responses if they are needed.
This whole multi-threads coalescing thing is a bit of an experiment, and one of the bugs is apparently that different storylines progress at different paces.
Trying to tweak things so that they come together, but limited time plus the snail's pace of PbP....

Zen Gypsy

• Chummer
« Reply #99 on: <05-22-16/1549:53> »
Greetings all, I was informed by Mercy Merchant, via PM, that a spot for a new Player may be opening up in the Tangled Current threads that he is graciously running.  I haven't yet posted my character build on the OP site, but I will endeavor to do so over the next few days, I started to post Echo in the Big Black Book thread, should I post his Appearance, Background & Bio there as well, or save that exclusively for the OP site?

As he has Amnesia, his background is doled out by one of his Contacts, via Video Clips, Personnel Files, and BTL chips.  I was hoping to do his Background as a 1st person exposition as he sifts through this data trying to piece together who he was, and what he intends to become.  A couple of questions as well, some Qualities I am used to seeing in 4E, specifically Biocompatibility, don't seem to have made the new Edition, are there alternatives to that specific quality, or it out completely?  Secondly, from a narrative perspective, is it unreasonable, assuming a fake SIN with a Rtg of 4, and a fake Occupational License of the same rating, to assume that he has a day job as a Private Investigator, that pays some of the bills?

Anyways, thank you for your time, and this opportunity, I am very much looking forward to getting back into the Shadows, it's been some number of years for me!

Any comments or concerns in regards to the forthcoming build and background would be much appreciated!

~ Zen
« Last Edit: <05-22-16/2237:11> by Zen Gypsy »

Irn0rchid

• Omae
« Reply #100 on: <05-23-16/0058:21> »
Day Job is in Run Faster. Biocompatibility is in Chrome Flesh.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #101 on: <05-23-16/0751:00> »
@Zen: you are welcome to post your background in the Black Book here but the main place we check for character info is the OP site now so prioritise that one please  :)

I'll let Mercy respond on the character questions  ;D
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Zen Gypsy

• Chummer
« Reply #102 on: <05-23-16/0916:32> »
@Irn0rchid - Thanks for the info, that helps!  Though now I discovered that I made an error, my previous version of Chummer was allowing me to place Second Hand Enhancements in Standard Cyberlimbs, which isn't kosher.  So I'll need to tweak his limbs to stay in budget.

@Aria - Right!  The OP posting will be my priority, I just have a few other questions for Mercy before I put up the Build & Bio on the site.

Thanks once again.

Zen Gypsy

• Chummer
« Reply #103 on: <05-27-16/1625:12> »
And after a hellish week at work, Bryant Champagne, currently going by the alias of Benoit Christianson, is up on Obsidian Portal for your review. 

Early Childhood, Psych Profile and Employment History will all be forth coming tonight, or tomorrow.  As some may note, the entry is being down as though a personnel file for his corporate handler, Ulyana Khorzikhov, who will get her own entry at some point as well.

If anything needs to be fixed or tweaked, let me know, hopefully Mercy still has a spot available.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #104 on: <05-27-16/1645:46> »
TC gives 40 points of freebie contacts too!  Worth investing some time in them!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Register