NEWS

Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]

• 2279 Replies

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #405 on: <09-12-15/1613:27> »
I've always hated waking up.  I can't say I hate morning since I've always gotten up in the late afternoon.  Still, waking has always meant I had to prepare for clients.  That was never something to look forward to.  Even the "good" ones.

But this is different.  Being woken up by Strawberry is like a continuation of a pleasant dream.  Her voice speaks to my heart.  Her hand on my shoulder is soothing.  I don't see much point in doing more than dressing and running a brush through my hair, which I do as quickly as I can so the we can get on with whatever is to be tonight.

I'm still not sure what I can possible say tonight to Nagisa, but with Strawberry with me I'm sure my heart will come up with the right words.  Around her, I just can't believe things won't turn out right.  Optimism follows her around like a puppy.

And apparently so do I.

The idea of a little nature preserve in Redmond strains belief, but here it is.  A little island of peace surrounded by the sea of insanity that is the Seattle Sprawl.  Once again I marvel at this woman. 

I don't get the chance to dwell on my near adoration of Strawberry before I meet...Strawberry?  Two of them?!?  Twins?  No.  A spirit!  I briefly slip into mage sight and can clearly see what the elf woman says is true.  This new woman is made of the same "stuff" as Dream of Passion, just far more ...substantial?  To say she's more real isn't exactly right, but she's definitely more powerful.  More "here" than "there".

I never said magic made sense.  YOU try explaining the sound of ocean waves to someone who never had hearing!

"Pancakes?"  I do a double take...and giggle.  A spirit making pancakes?  Why I find it so funny, I can't say,.  But for some reason I do and I can't help a little titter.  Maybe it's the stress.  I can't imagine why I'd be stressed.
« Last Edit: <09-12-15/1619:00> by Shaman_Yuri »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #406 on: <09-12-15/1713:23> »
Athos is waiting for Kynos to get back to him, but is happy to get the message from Roxxy.  >>Roxxy.  thanks for the information.  We found this at a small eatery named Gino's.  I am sending you the ARO address if you want to look around.  Give me an account and I will drop the 1500.  Bonus if you can go to the place and see what it might have been connected to and or why it was there.  Call me.<<
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #407 on: <09-12-15/2052:35> »
@Minnie
M shares with Strawberry and you her pancakes and you are surprised the she not only cooks but also eats, somehow that simplicity of a kitchen without many technical appliances and what appear to be genuine hot chocolate... can it be? probably a high quality fake, they make you happy. Either that or these pancakes were a bit more than they pretend to be.

Strawberry explains “What is going to happen for the next four hours is that you read your note over and over again, while we do the ceremony carefully shaping the mana and approaching Nagisa’s mind. It will be exhausting, but you’ll need to stay inside the magical cycle and recite your message, Nagisa will see you and hear your voice.”
M adds “and you are going to hear us chanting for four hours, it can make you a bit confused, vulnerable perhaps, you will feel a lot more emotional than you are and the experience may overwhelm you. Do you know what you are going to whisper already?”

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #408 on: <09-13-15/0153:07> »
@Athos Roxxy texts you >> I think it is best to place it where we found it before anyone come looking. There are few people that can piece together a craft like this. Either the Blue Vixen if she really is a person, or the Brain Eaters.

Athos thinks, the Brain Eaters - aren't these the guys that the Mafia intends to kick out of Touristville? a bunch of computer geeks and shadow deckers that scavenge old technologies lost in time.
« Last Edit: <09-13-15/0155:27> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #409 on: <09-13-15/0205:10> »
Athos smiles and sends a return message to the girl.  >>Then please return it.  Go to Gino's and put it in the candy jar on the counter.  Can you talk to the Brain Eaters?  Or arrange for one to talk to me?<<

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #410 on: <09-13-15/0622:21> »
@Kynos - Geraled  texts you back >>Whats in it for me? This is what you'll need to answer if you want to access DemoX.  You can meet meet me at the following address. (they are north of toristville - in the areas that people are currently evacuating.)

<<The nice and warm feeling of having helped a fellow human being - and if you are a heartless bastard, I can offer you 100 in cash as a provider fee. See you there with a friend. Love Kynos>>

To Athos he texted:
<< Got the adress. Meet you there in half an hour. Going to a guy called Gerald. Love Kynos>>
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #411 on: <09-13-15/1211:34> »
Athos thinks it is a good thing he is already dressed.  In the cab he sends an acknowledgement to Kynos.  >>On the way.  What sort of place is this and what sort of trouble can we expect?<<  The cab lets him out a block from the meeting and he walks the short distance to the location, arriving barely on time.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #412 on: <09-14-15/0247:41> »
@Athos and Kynos as you arrive to the location indicated what greets you is a hastily built  2 meter wall, built out of rusted old cars, construction waste and plastics. It is basically made of reused Barrens polluted junk. The wall is filled of firing positions and sand begs and you can spot a guard every several meters, equipped with high tech goggles. Inside the wall there is an 8 story building that also seems fully fortified and you can spot hunting guns pointing out from some of the windows and camouflage cloths that make it difficult to spot if these guns are manned or not.  Before the wall there is barb wire, and only a narrow spiral path leads to the entrance after going back and forth 3 times across the barb wires.

As you approach an AR dwarf is projected from the floor to 'greet' you. "We are armed and dangerous, Go find less organized neighborhoods to prey on!"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #413 on: <09-14-15/0255:18> »
Athos is impressed despite himself.  This is quite a fortress.  He waits across the street until Kynos puts in an appearance. 

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #414 on: <09-14-15/0707:15> »
<<I have no idea, but if I had to guess: The explosive kind.>>

Kynos reached the meeting point with a bit of delay. He approached Athos and nodded: "I'm no expert, but if I wanted to go to ground after I did something that made me unpopular, I think I would hide out here. Probably best if we don't brandish our weapons."
With a nod he crossed the street to enter the compound: "I've got a meeting with Gerald. And that boyscout there is my employer."
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #415 on: <09-14-15/1025:11> »
Athos nods and walks across the street with Kynos.  With the level of security displayed here, he is expecting to have to surrender his pistol.  He nods and lets Kynos speak, a bit entertained at being called a boy scout.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #416 on: <09-14-15/1102:10> »
@Kynos and Athos The AR Dwarf say come right in, watch for the barb wire it is wired to anti human mines, you could lose a leg. As you carefully brave the narrow passage between the barb wire, a couple of dwarfs approach you come with us they say, and they take you to the building lobby. Gerald waits for you in the lobby wearing combat vest and accompanied with five bodyguards.  He seems like an old dwarf, perhaps 80, and clearly over his physical peak.
Come have a seat he say It seems like you are interested in this misfit DemoX... youngsters and their street names, In my time everyone just had a real name.

He sighs "I tell you what, you do something for me and I do something for you. How about it? "

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #417 on: <09-14-15/1114:24> »
Athos looks around at the setup and smiles.  These halfers are pretty fragging paranoid.  He considers the offer and nods.  "Favors owed and paid is good commerce and builds trust.  What do you have in mind?"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #418 on: <09-14-15/1202:28> »
Gerald answers: "Every night these things wander on the hood scare people to get out. People think that they are Shedim but there are a few things that do not mesh up with this story. Bring me a "Living" Zombie and I will grant you access to DemoX. Be advised that since we do not know what these things are, I suggest some chemically sealed suits.

I find it odd that people just runaway from their homes without even trying to attack these things.  Where our blockade have killed on sight quite a few of them. It is this terror that intrigue me. Because only other attack on these things was from automated drones in Bellevue barrier.  I am a man of science, so I want to understand exactly how these weaklings can cause so much damage without any real violence.  Especially since once you try, killing them is not that difficult. "
« Last Edit: <09-14-15/1209:36> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #419 on: <09-14-15/2317:45> »
Athos lets out one of his big laughs.  "Would you by any chance have one of those suits in my size?  Never mind.  Not a favor if it is easy, right?"  He looks down at Kynos.  "You ready to take on these things alive?  We can shoot some and save one.  Maybe kneecap him so he does not move too fast." 

Looking back at Gerald, he says.  "Deal.  Do you know where we can find some of these things tonight?"

Register