NEWS

Pain and Gain [OOC]

• 616 Replies

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #600 on: <07-14-16/0339:22> »
Now, that this part is at an end, I want to use the chance to express my estimation for Jack_Spade as a GM. Not only did you put a lot of energy and passion (and brain) in this run, you are also a very skilled storyteller, have an amazing feeling for the speed and intensity of storytelling and handling us players. I really enjoy you as a GM!

You said, you weren't entirely happy with the ending. Do you mean IC-wise or OoC-wise?

Regarding Panzerknacker ( :D ): I have las my university final exam on September 26th, thus I'd be happy if we can start after this. I still offer MacC, in case we can't find another player over summer (which I doubt anyway).

I'll update bnc some time over my holidays.
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #601 on: <07-14-16/0738:45> »
Thanks, I try to keep this entertaining.  ;)

26th of September sounds good.

Regarding the Ending:
Both actually. I've let you go without a final confrontation where I could have faced Slobber with the three children whose mother he just shot. I'll have to think of an other way to get that in in the next run. (I have always preferred "Everything has consequences" over "Everything has a price")

I refrained from doing that because half the team was unresponsive and without Krestov's usual tempering influence I didn't see a good way to stage that meeting without either escalating it to a run-destroying conflict or having Slobber just brush them off and making the escape. In consequence I have left out a few bits of information that I would have liked to impart. Now it feels like I didn't give you the whole picture.
I'll try and cram that into the finishing post.

@SgtBoomCloud
As you might gather from this, I was acutely aware how much I usually rely on Krestov's presence and moral compass in my story telling.
I'd very much prefer to keep him and you in the story.

@Sabato Kuroi
Likewise for Torrent: He is the most pragmatic member of the team. I missed him in the final confrontation with Eliza as an impartial "good cop", leaving me no good counterpart for Eliza to appeal to.

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #602 on: <07-14-16/0750:23> »
@Jack:  Your words humble me.  I feel like my biggest obstacle this last month at least was that one of my classes this term is a  writing one.  By September, I should be done with that and have the creative reserves to keep writing.

Also, in no small part to my lack of posting and contribution to this last phase of the run, with your blessing, I'd like to impart my karma to the rest of the group.  They carried this last leg and deserve it :)

Also... @Squirreldude:
& We have a 100,000k nuyen bobble on our hands that we can't use, and lets two awakened assassins easily track us.

Unless we're retconning out Bluebird's actions (not my call), I do recall she had invested some starter karma into bonding with that thing already...which broke that bond for tracking purposes?

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #603 on: <07-14-16/1039:50> »
Also, in no small part to my lack of posting and contribution to this last phase of the run, with your blessing, I'd like to impart my karma to the rest of the group.  They carried this last leg and deserve it :)
;D If Jack OKs this then my character advancement is pretty easy.

27 Karma to spend
20 Karma: Way of the Warrior (Not sure what powers will get discounted yet)
7 Karma: Specialization: Pistols(Heavy Pistols)

Also... @Squirreldude:
& We have a 100,000k nuyen bobble on our hands that we can't use, and lets two awakened assassins easily track us.

Unless we're retconning out Bluebird's actions (not my call), I do recall she had invested some starter karma into bonding with that thing already...which broke that bond for tracking purposes?
Here is my understanding of magical defenses in Shadowrun 5e. "Some barriers only let magic through, and some only let physical objects through." I don't know if she's completed masking it, or if she needs to continue masking it, or whatever. I just assume the worst case scenario.
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #604 on: <07-14-16/1704:50> »
Advancement is ok, but I have my reservations about Krestov giving away his complete part of the Karma award. You can certainly exchange up to five Karma for money and dole that out to your party members (who are free to reconvert it into Karma), but the Karma is yours. There is no need for self-chastisement.

Selling off the power focus won't be a problem during downtime - just get in touch with the Sunkid and he'll convert it for you. But the bond is indeed broken. That said: If the assassin wanted to find you, he probably could since he still is able to conjure spirits.
talk think matrix

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #605 on: <07-14-16/2338:57> »
Updates made to the character sheet:

Warriors Way - Discounted powers, Combat Sense, Improved Ability (Automatics), Improved Ability (Pistols)
New powers taken with vacant points
+2 levels of Combat Sense
+Motion Sense

I could discount motion sense but it's only a .25 discount, there aren't any .25 powers I'm super excited about, but I do think I want motion sense since Torrent has been AWAL a bit recently and redundancy of a good power is helpful regardless.
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #606 on: <07-15-16/0758:55> »
Wow, it's somehow sad to read that the only pacifist in the group is last in queue when it comes to being a moral compass. But I guess she's just to little of an authority to have that role...
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #607 on: <07-15-16/0808:52> »
Moral action is not necessarily the same as pacifism - especially not if the pacifist in question is capable and willing to destroy your life without killing you directly  ;)
Not to mention the whole drug abuse thing  ::)

Personally, I'm very much a fan of Kantian Ethics and bnc is a very, very long way away from that kind of morality  ;D
talk think matrix

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #608 on: <07-18-16/1405:40> »
Not necessarily if the victim in question becomes a victim of the pacifist in question because he's a despiseable monster who destroys innocent lives just like this. In her heart, bnc is a very just and honest being. Well, very deep in her heart :D

Also, without wanting to start a discussion, I would argue that every truly moral person is a very, very long way from Kantian ethics. A philosopher who discards a true and just act only because it makes you happy, shouldn't tell anybody what they can and cannot (to avoid the wort "can't" :D) do.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #609 on: <07-18-16/1508:01> »
What do you know, Shadowrun can have alignment debates too! They're just called "philosophy" and "ethics."

At least when I play Pathfinder I don't have to have paid attention in that philosophy of ethics class to contribute. Ivory tower snobs.  ;)
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« Reply #610 on: <07-26-16/1945:18> »
Sincere apologies for my absence.I want to think this was my first long absence from posting , and I won't bore you guys with any excuses. If you'll still have me, I'll be happy to join you for the next job.

Jack has been an amazing GM, and the team members have also done a great work.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #611 on: <07-27-16/0251:32> »
@Sabato
Sure, welcome back. This run was an optional side mission tailored around Slobbertooth - so it is excusable for the others to be less involved.

My main aim is to ensure everyone is having fun playing his character (and getting to know the intricacies of the SR 5 rules  ;) )

@all
Since the next run will start earliest at the end of September, feel free to spend Karma and train at whatever you want. In game there will be half a year pause.
Assume that you can only take very low level runs that allow you to break just about even with your lifestyle.

Two bonus Karma for everyone who writes a nice post on their vacation-run  :)
talk think matrix

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #612 on: <07-27-16/0845:27> »
@Sabato
Sure, welcome back. This run was an optional side mission tailored around Slobbertooth - so it is excusable for the others to be less involved.

My main aim is to ensure everyone is having fun playing his character (and getting to know the intricacies of the SR 5 rules  ;)
I'm amazed you all sticked around this long tbh.
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #613 on: <08-11-16/1819:02> »
Yo, guys, while I'm still waiting for myself to find the time for a proper IC post regarding bnc's activities during the time coming, I'm interested how you feel about following two questions:

a) How do you want the party to spend the time "undercover". Slob's post seemed to imply that we, as a party, stay in the flat, but I'm not sure whether this is wise.  I guess we should discuss changing the location altogether. This might also open new opportunities for further runs (hopefully I don't interfet with Panzerknacker by saying this). bnc will certainly suggest to move somewhere else entirely. If oyu want, we can discuss this IC, or else OoC. But we should decide. I guess I won't post my IC post before I know any details on this decision.

b) How do you feel about opening a completely irrelevant leisure activity IC thread like the Twist the bottle thread we had two years ago? Or any other IC thread to keep those who still want to post while we wait for September to arrive busy? I miss my bnc...
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #614 on: <08-11-16/1942:22> »
There is that house people wanted to move into, but this might not be the right time for that.
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Register