NEWS

Date Night ( IC )

• 3424 Replies

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #690 on: <06-15-15/0141:51> »
Its a pleasure to meet you Ms. Petrovna.  Ty Russkiy? (Your are Russian?)  I am at my office now, and free.  Please arrive as soon as you are ready.  Your associates are welcome. 

Jed forces down the flood of memories brought back by that elfish face.  No time for that drek chummer.  Pull it together.  There's work to do.  Jed pops more ibuprofen and slaps a stim patch on.
« Last Edit: <06-15-15/0148:52> by smilnirish »
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #691 on: <06-15-15/0147:16> »
Yelena smiles at the commlink.  <Да.  Я русский.  Вам говорят по-русски, Мистер Jedediah?
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #692 on: <06-15-15/0150:32> »
<<I'm going to remain here until you come and get them. If someone is searching for the card, its better I keep them in my coat before I give them to you. And why would someone who was just treated, go back to the hospital?>>
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #693 on: <06-15-15/0151:25> »
@ Yelena:  Я говорю это красивый язык достаточно хорошо.  I speak this beautiful language quite well. 

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #694 on: <06-15-15/0157:50> »
"And so you do.  Jedediah speak Russian much more than Yelena speak English.  So do not need wait hour?  Yelena come now and tell friends.>

Hanging up, Yelena opens a channel on her primary 'link.  <Arc and Marco.  Is Yelena.  PI man says free now, so come when can.  Yelena wait there for you.>

Yelena mounts the rig and puts the PI man's address into her grid guide and lets it navigate to Auburn.  The office is in a small warehouse district but there is a some neat lettering on one door that advertises Jedediah and his PI business.  She parks and secures the Scorpion and makes her way to the office.  Yelena knocks and opens the door, not sure what to expect.
« Last Edit: <06-15-15/0220:38> by Mercy Merchant »

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #695 on: <06-15-15/0234:15> »
Upon hearing the knock at the door, Jed looks through the peephole to see the attractive elf woman. Jed had this peephole specially installed.  It is an old style optical peephole, with a wide angle view.   Unlocking the door, he lets her in and offers her a seat. Ms. Petrovna, please have a seat. Jed returns to his place behind the small desk.  I am certain that you are a busy woman.  Let's get down to business.  Vremya - den'gi as they say.  Time is money. What can I do for you?

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #696 on: <06-15-15/0315:54> »
Yelena smiles at the older human as she enters the small office.  She takes the chair offered and sits primly.  She brings a small silver case from her pocket and opens it to reveal some cigars and offers the case to the PI.  "Jedediah mind if Yelena smoke?"  If he disagrees, she will replace the case in her pocket.  If he allows her, she offers him one and takes her own, lighting it.  "Thank for see Yelena and friends.  Yelena is busy, yes, but wait until friends here to talk main business.  But have questions for now.  Who own Jedediah Early while work?  Yelena, who pay or Keeb gang underboss name Blindside?  Yelena not want all secrets go to Blindside.  PI man work for Yelena.  Other question is how much charge for work?"

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #697 on: <06-15-15/0331:24> »
Please feel free to have a smoke  Ms. Petrovna.  No thank you, I'll decline for now.  My normal rate is 200 a day plus expenses, but if I am to have to opportunity to brush up on my Russian with such a beautiful tutor, I think 150 a day plus expenses should suffice.  In regard to your other question however, if you are hiring and paying me, how does Blindside factor in to this equation? 

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #698 on: <06-15-15/0344:58> »
Yelena lets the acrid smoke from the cigar drift up to the ceiling in the small office as she takes a couple of pulls.  She smiles at the PI when he compliments her.  "Yelena thank Jedediah for kind words and accepts costs.  Jedediah must present expenses report for payment.  Blindside is Keeb who give Yelena name and number here.  Ancients like to keep fingers in soup if they think they own.  Yelena just ask if Jedediah report to Ancients.  Not angry if you do.  Yelena used to that in shadows, but look elsewhere for PI man if you belong to Ancients."

Yelena sits back in the chair as she talks.  "So we talk while wait.  Why PI?  How long?"

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #699 on: <06-15-15/0607:00> »
@ Ambrose  Looking around Ambrose realizes that the yacht is a fairly comfortable place to hole up. He's seen worse that's for certain. And hell, Sam owes him the other half of his payment. Might as well stay here awhile. After all, no one would ever think to look for him here, in a yacht owned by a guy who was clearly MIA.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #700 on: <06-15-15/0804:10> »
Arc couldn't help but give a grim nod at Marco's musings.  "Yeah.  That hoop was prey, no doubt about it.  We'll see if your new choices in friends works out for ya, eh?"  She smirked, blinking and glancing back at the trash yard.   "Drone...too late now omae.  If I know prey like that, he's long gone.  Gonna have to go on luck, but my guess would be to do it soon.  He'll likely keep it tucked away until he can get home and safe, wherever that be.  It won't be visible, nawsayin?"  It was just then she got the comm from Yelena.  "Frag...okay, we'lll have to stash your stuff after this...maybe swap vehicles so you two can ride around comfylike.  We'll see, but we don't want to keep her waiting, eh?"

Without a word, Arc weaved through the traffic to the location that Yelena provided, the human taking extra care to follow the traffic laws.  "Just say the case is some personal drek or something.  Never has to know"  She mentioned in regard to their Russian elf.  Eventually, and hopefully without much delay, the pair pulled up right behind the Scorpion, the human girl hopping out and doing her best to fix up her hair before approaching the door and giving a knock.

What the occupant on the other side would see is a remarkably short and stout human girl, looking to be about early twenties (the 'young adult' stage at least) with chestnut hair messily done back in a ponytail, a pair of almost unnaturally green eyes staring at the door.  Her arms were crossed, wearing a crimson shirt that seemed fit more for a man, a pair of distressed jeans, and well-worn shoes, but the most remarkable feature on her was her right arm, which was completely metal in composition.  Upon the door opening, she would adopt a polite smile and extend her left hand.  "Name's Lauren Summers, but I go by Arc.  I believe my friend Yelena is here?"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #701 on: <06-15-15/0910:31> »
On the way Marco tells Arc:
“... if I take all this stuff for myself I have to risk selling it myself, and their hoops may be gone as who knows what financial problems they have - someone might literally kill them for owing them money or somthing like that... I never been that poor I have no idea whats its like. I’ll return them the stash, collect 10% for my effort, have that Orc owe me one hell of a favor to make up for losing that 10k credstick. At the end of the day I get to be the good guy... so what if I’m only making 1k or so. They’ll both owe me... The dwarf for making sure he gets part of the action, the orc for me letting him live...  everybody wins. Every person can be put to good use under the right circumstances, don't belittle these guys. Besides, If Sam is really gone now - we'll have to find our own expenses money. That club ain't cheap... We were burning money in there like hot shots.  When a business opportunity shows itself why not take it.“

After a short while Marco will quit his concentration, hoping that it did not expose his magic. He’ll text the Mr. Lee Dana from his burner << I met your friend, nice fella took stuff with me for some testing. Will return your stuff don’t worry... and will help with some consultant for marketing I get 10% of the top. I left your friend a credstick with 10K as collateral I’ll be expecting it back when I deliver stuff. I am sure that he’ll take your calls now.  I’ll contact you soon, Sam Webster>> Marco thinks to himself - "he'll be impressed now".

Before they enter Marco text Yelena << I look like Sam - I'll be a bit cold to preserve cover - still crazy about you!  So far my plan is to be seen as Sam in as many places in town hoping to flash out some of his friends or enemies>>
Marco politely introduces himself, “Ralph Webster... nice to meet ya.” Marco extands his hand to Jed and gives a cold nod to Yelena as if he knows her just a little bit. He does it because he still appears as Sam Webster his plan is to be seen in as many places as possible in this skin... maybe it will float some clues about Sam.
« Last Edit: <06-15-15/0922:30> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #702 on: <06-15-15/1748:24> »
Part of the chatting Yelena would have with Jed would include mention of the second bit of work.  "Jedediah. Yelena has a second task from what friends know just yet.  I need information on Joshua Snowden.  Man is President of Williamson & Peppard Pharmaceuticals.  Yelena paid kill Snowden, but not like men who paid.  Yelena want access to man so can talk.  Man is hermit.  Uploading data Yelena has.  Keep this job quiet from others until Yelena includes them.  Ancients not involved this job so Jedediah not need tell Blindside.  Yes?"

Yelena smiles as her friends arrive, then frowns at who comes through the door with Arc.  Looking to her, she says a bit coldly.  "And just why HE with you?  Arc supposed bring Marco. Arc know how bad Ralph and Yelena get along.  After all, he Sam's brother, and is likely person that got Sam disappeared."  Yelena turns to Marco, "Ralph.  How absolutely unpleasant meet you here.  Yelena hope you remember what said would happen if you really are to blame for whatever happened Sam."

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #703 on: <06-15-15/2139:11> »
To say that Arc was blindsided by Yelena's sudden outburst of reamstrained hostility towards "Ralph" was a mild understatement, her eyes going wide as she leaned back abit as if the words were actual blows aimed at her.  The human's headgears clicked for a second before she caught onto what was happening, widening her stance as she steadied herself, baring her teeth a bit as she growled out in decent Or'Zet.  "La'kath mor'a ul qual'lz, al'sruiken. (Clear your head of muck, big sister). We both know blood be best source of back info.  Besides, he insisted.  Marco had a thing happening, but said he may be by soon.  You want Ralph gone, take it with him, but I just finna trying to help, wiz?"

Flushed a bit, she tilted her head down towards their host.  "Ah...my bad.  Needless to say, this ditch has us on edge, heh.". As she spoke a hasty message was popped over to Yelena.

<<Yelena, Tessa.  That was close eh?  Wasn't expecting that...also, its fragging December.  Ain't yo middle freezing?!

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #704 on: <06-15-15/2225:12> »
@Yelena prior to everyone's arrival.  I accept. You can message me all the details and I'll work on it concurrently with our other more mutual business.

Welcome all of you to Early Bird Investigations.  I understand you have some information for me in regard to a missing person that I'm being asked to locate.  I need details to start working with. What can you tell me.