NEWS

Date Night ( IC )

• 3424 Replies

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2505 on: <12-06-15/1139:49> »
Yelena realizes she is not getting through to the decker as the convulsions do not stop.  She covers the girl's body to keep her from doing harm to herself and looks over at Marco.  "Yelena not know what happening.  Is mojo fail?  Not see heal mojo react like this.  Can Marco fix?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2506 on: <12-06-15/1330:37> »
The wounds are closing as Subaru launches herself at the daemon. But when her hands close around it's throat it jerks back. Her wounds are still marginally open, the oozing barely stopped. It turns and snarls at her, it's arm goes up, muscles rippling in a ferocious backhand when bands of fire suddenly bind it. It's bound by command to heal her and can not swing, unable to harm her even in the astral. It grins then, razor sharp teeth having all the charm and friendly intention of a shark and says, You have the will to fight, it is a survivors trait. You were worthy of the healing.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2507 on: <12-06-15/1438:51> »
Marco says: “The road to hell is paved with good intentions... objectively this is some high quality mojo - but I still feel as if I wronged her more than aided.” with a great sigh and a terrible almost physical grief Marco seats down defeated and strokes the cat. He tells Yelena

“If you can handle my dark side I can order the daemon to use concealment and invisibility to make sure nobody sees you sneaking to the car, I have services for Tuska as well.  Once the car is moving it will be visible but until that point I can keep you hidden from sight - if you dare and risk my evil magic. I cannot imagine how these services can go wrong as they do not even require physical touch but I also could not anticipate anything going wrong with the healing spell.”

He sighs and try to keep his composure in his mind he hears a voice from his childhood. “Evil Daemon, you and your keen.” He is unaware of the context, these things were said to him repeatedly in the past. Not always spoken, sometimes they were just a look, a thought or a delicate emotion that his teachers and classmates were not skilled enough to hide.  Or perhaps it was insanity... Most awakened people ended up in insane asylums with all sort of mental illnesses. Very few ever got to overcome this insanity and actually channel magic.  At moments like that it is so tempting to let go and stop fighting. These voices no longer needed a mouth to speak them. This time they were coming from deep within his soul.
« Last Edit: <12-06-15/1524:46> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2508 on: <12-06-15/1559:27> »
Yelena looks at Marco and reaches out to touch his shoulder.  "Marco.  Is Yelena, remember.  Yelena more evil than Marco.  More evil than all Marco's demons.  Demon cannot hurt Yelena more that Yelena handle.  Yelena have shadow to protect.  Use demon mojo and make invisible.  Keep Dragons screwing and not notice cars gone until too late.  Marco and Yelena can do this."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2509 on: <12-06-15/1615:47> »
Marco tells Yelena"Don't worry I am not stopping my concentration, In fact I cannot do much with so much mojo on my mind this is why I asked for some Daemonic help. I am not stopping my focus until we are far from there but nothing lasts forever. So hurry up."

Marco will also ask Tuska if she likes some invisibility and if so will use a daemon service for invisibility for Tuska. We have enough services for two invisibility + concealment so this is what we can do.

[spoiler]
I'll probably only wake up once you are sleeping so the Daemon services are:
1. Invisibility for Yelena.
Invisibility Yelena: 12d6t5 5
2. Invisibility for Tuska (if she wants to sneak to the cars)
Invisibility Tuska(?): 10d6t5 3
3. Concealment for 6 human sized targets (lets say that troll is 2 humans?) so Tuska Yelena Arc Firefly and Marco. If we are harder to spot it is less likely we draw attention to ourselves and for whomever is going to steal a car the concealment actively helps.

concealment reduces the perception tests by 6 dice, but once somebody manages to perceive you concealment does not work on that person again.

Good luck with stealing cars. ;)

[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <12-06-15/1743:12> by gilga »

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #2510 on: <12-06-15/1724:52> »
"You bet I'll fight!" I declare as I stand protectively over my body in astral space. "Touch me again, demon, and you'll discover just how far I'm willing to go!"  I remain defiant in astral, my aura on fire with passion, refusing to give an inch to the profane creature.

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #2511 on: <12-07-15/0921:42> »
To Arc, the situation could not have been more frustrating.  Firefly was in obvious need of help, and the short little human was too banged up to be of use.  All my fault.  Frag all, she kept repeating herself as Helena sat her down on one of the gurneys, her body too tired to resist.

So she could only watch as Marco and Yelena huddled around the writhing decker, the man clearly looking upset while the Russian hugged her, the invisible aura of shadow covering the young girl.

Holding her side, Arc turned to the only person that wasn't focused on the decker at the moment...Tuskaloosa.  Gritting her teeth, the human took a light breath before muttering up to her.  "...I'm sorry.  I really fragged thus up, and now it seems I'm no good to anyone right now.. how can a slitch help?"
« Last Edit: <12-07-15/1121:07> by SgtBoomCloud »

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2512 on: <12-07-15/1239:58> »
@ Subaru  The daemon's mouth opens and it's impossibly long tongue slides out. In an instant it coils around Subaru's form, not touching her, but completely surrounding her in a quick spiraling motion. Subaru feels the mana pulse around her. In an instant its tongue is back in it's body. Your kind often deny the discipline of pain. Weak, pathetic things, mewling like babes to be coddled. My bonded service was to heal. And now you scream don't touch me. It's feral grin mocks you, Now perhaps now you will learn the discipline of pain in your body. And now I have your scent. It leaps then and is gone. And Marco hears, One service is done little pretender. Pray you don't anger me with your other requests.
« Last Edit: <12-07-15/1248:40> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #2513 on: <12-07-15/2111:02> »
It's gone.

Suddenly I'm alone in astral space without a focus for my outrage.  I look around myself but there's nothing but the glow of normal life seeping in from the prime plane.

My knees buckle as my fury ebbs and I find myself collapsing to kneel within the once again potent glow of my mortal body.  I run my hands along the places where the vile creature touched me. 

I'd vomit if I could in this surreal existence.

What...what h...has that thing d...done to me...

Duck N. Cover

• Chummer
« Reply #2514 on: <12-08-15/0333:01> »
Too fast, too fast...
It had taken  Yelena to get Arc to sit, but it seemed the human's mind was still chasing her own tail. “...I'm sorry.  I really fragged this up, and now it seems I'm no good to anyone right now.. how can a slitch help?”

The troll shook her  head.  “Thanks to my deal, we're not done here...there's plenty of drek to go around.  But that's for later—ok?”

Tuskaloosa sank to her haunches to put herself and the human on the gurney at a more eye-to-eye level.  She didn't know if it would help, but...“You're still the one who has to make the handoff...and you have the authority to deal.  If I remember correctly, our prize may hold secrets—you have to make sure those secrets are got before you turn the prize in.  To do that, I think you'd best start would by getting patched up—so you look professional when you meet for the handoff.”  She cast a sidelong glance at Firefly's debris-free ...and unspasaming body. “Don't ask me what the best way is to get presentable, though.”

“Now, if you'll excuse me Arc, I'm going to take this courageous young lady,” she indicated the dwarf “Chesh” who had been volunteered for service, “and Yelena, and go add some insult to the Jade Dragon's tab.”

As she stood, she gave Arc's knee a pat, then turned to Marco. “Invisibility for two isn't going to work when there's three.  Unless you can cover all three of us, focus on Yelena and 'Chesh' here.  I'll fly causal.”

“Chesh...er..how do you want to be addressed?  Help Yelena get into the one closest out, and get her full manual and no tags.  If I'm not in the one behind you ready to go, you be her navigator and get clear.  Carve that bird up the first chance you can.”

With stealth set up, she will head out towards the bridge.
Speech     Thought      Matrix/ Commlink

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2515 on: <12-08-15/0347:15> »
Before taking the invisibility, Yelena goes over to the Scorpion and removes the weapons case, taking the pistol, rifle, and several spare magazines for each out.  She holsters the pistol and assembles the rifle before turning to Marco and her three companion carjackers and announcing she is ready.  She mounts her bike and waits for the halfer to mount behind her then fires up the engine and carefully leaves the shop.  She heads to the bridge and the chaos there, not really knowing what they will find, but as prepared as she can be.  Yelena feels the shadow all around her and wraps part of it about herself for comfort and protection.
« Last Edit: <12-09-15/0040:17> by Mercy Merchant »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2516 on: <12-08-15/0517:00> »
As she stood, she gave Arc's knee a pat, then turned to Marco. “Invisibility for two isn't going to work when there's three.  Unless you can cover all three of us, focus on Yelena and 'Chesh' here.  I'll fly causal.”

At my level of concentration it is difficult to follow the situation, well I hope Arc can protect me,  despite the healing Firefly seemed distant in another world perhaps she did not feel it and perhaps she did not want to wake up. Marco could only imagine how she might feel. He looks at Tuska and say "Sure I can do another one, but actually sneak because I am really at the edge of my abilities."

When he was ready he thought at the Daemon "I have two more services, first service invisibility for Yelena, sustain until I tell to stop. Second service invisibility for Tuska sustain until I say to stop, third service, concealment for Yelena, Tuska and Chesh. Again until I say stop." 
The third invisibility spell was going to take Marco's spellcasting to the limit all he needed was to silently think about a few lines from Psalms. These helped him focus his mana like a symbol. The third invisibility was up and appeared reasonable quality. From now on, Marco knew that was all he could do, sustaining these spells took more or less everything that he had.

Marco felt completely defenseless as most of his attention was dedicated inwards to sustain the spells, and to the cat. The cat was the most important thing, the rest was just poking fate around. But they were actual shadow-runners and knew their job. Marco approached Arc and said "Arc, keep an eye for me, I am completely occupied inside my mind. you could probably sneak on me while singing like Pavarotti and I would not notice." Marco said and closed his eyes, relaxing his breathing in an effort to keep all the spells and contain his guilt. His entire concentration was given to the cat and the spells. 

[spoiler]Invisibility (at -4): 8d6t5 3
Drain: 11d6t5 2
So we have Yelena with 5 hits, Tuska and Chesh with 3 hits + concealment for -6.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <12-08-15/1138:30> by gilga »

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2517 on: <12-08-15/1028:05> »
     Marco hears, You are paltry in your limits and paltrier still in your imagination. You summon me for spells a child could perform. You annoy me little mortal. Perhaps I shall extract the price from your flesh.

Chesh looks up at Tusks and says, "Chesh is fine. Wot's yer 'andle?"

Hatter cavorts to Tusks side, "Room fer one, room fer two. I want to see the Dragon's stew!" and starts to get on the bike behind Tusks.
« Last Edit: <12-09-15/0833:19> by ismilealot »

Duck N. Cover

• Chummer
« Reply #2518 on: <12-08-15/2339:48> »
“Chesh is fine. Wot's yer 'andle?”

“Tuskaloosa...and I'll answer to Tusk.”

“Hoi Tuska,”Arc called out as the troll walked past the King Scorpion.  “How you getting there?” 
“Like I said—I'm flying casual.  Yelena has enough without my bulk and I can still make a pretty fast clip.”
“And have Yelena waiting for you?  'Sides, you run and you'll be a mess by the time you get there...stealth won't mean drek if they smell ya coming, ya feel me?”  Arc wasn't back to her usual self, but she was less tense.  “Get in close with the Scorps—I can at least pilot em back here.”

“You got it.”  As she mounted the King, the mouthpiece of the dwarf choppers giggled.
“Room fer one, room fer two. I want to see the Dragon's stew!”  He was behind her in an instant.
He lead a feral gang of dwarf choppers; she wasn't about to insult him by asking if he could give her control of her target.  Still... “I can get the door unlocked if you need it.”
Hatter rocked in peals of laughter.  “Peter Piper picked a peck of perfect padlocks.”

Fair enough. “Yelena.  Chesh,” the troll called to the other bike, though it was hard to tell if she had their attention or not: the smaller Scorpion looked unoccupied, thanks to the invisibility spell. “If things go bad, I have a distraction device.  Cover your eyes if you hear Olly olly oxen free.”

"Odd code.   But Yelena will look away."

Satisfied that she'd prepared as much she could, Tuskaloosa headed out.
« Last Edit: <12-08-15/2349:00> by Duck N. Cover »
Speech     Thought      Matrix/ Commlink

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #2519 on: <12-09-15/0115:09> »
The troll's words of assurance met Arc with some surprise.  Tch...clear that she didn't grow up in the streets like me.  No tough love.  Still, she's right  Glancing away, she gave a slow nod as she sat there as they arrived closer to the dwarves' hideout, Tuskaloosa and Yelena gearing up the Scorpions.  I have to be there to hand off this mojo slinger...but from what I've learned of mojo and drek, I ain't getting patched up anymore right away.  Well, will do good with convincing NineLives I need some time anyhow, hehe...ow

As the troll went to what seemed to be park the bike, Arc tilted her head, a bit confused.  "Hoi Tuska...how you getting there?"  Her answer came by a bit strange, and prompted a bit of a sigh from the human.  At least having some way to contribute positively was helping her, but her smile had yet to return.  "An' what, have Yelena waitin'?  Sides, you run and y'all finna be a mess by the time you get there...stealth won't mean drek if they smell ya coming, ya feel me?"  Lifting her cyberarm, which hurt significantly less to move than her flesh arm, gesturing to her borrowed bike.  "Just get in close with the Scorps--I can at least pilot em back here"

With that, as her two team members hopped onto their respective rides, their passengers in place, Arc sat back, pulling up the drone feeds and making sure that they were linked to her teammates as well...those that were conscious at least.  Activating her transceiver, she spoke into it with a muted tone.

"I've got eyes on you, so I'll know when's to take the bikes back.  Just keep casual and low..they made the car, not the bikes, so long as you don't go crazy, y'all be fine.  Things go bad, get the drek outta there, you feel me?  Ja Sep'a, chummers"

With that, Arc gave a sigh as she sat there, Marco focusing his attention on the cat and absorbed with the feeds, concentrating on his magic.  The mechanic was about to open her mouth to speak to him, but noted the focusing and stopped with nothing more than a little noise.  Grunting, she forced herself up despite the protests of Alyce, waving him off as she held her side, stepping over to where Firefly lay.  The wounds looked..mostly healed, just a gash in the fabric of the suit where the door had pierced her.  She was breathing...but likely passed back out from the whole deal.  Don't blame her..

Remembering how the teen was with her dress, Arc shifted on her feet and took a sidelong glance before moving her arm, the cybernetic fingers deftly grabbing a fold of cloth from her head-scarf-thingy, draping it over her chest to cover the gash.  The mechanic knew little to nothing about mojo, or auras, or whatever, or even if her presence was felt from this state, but if she couldn't support the two ladies about to jack some serious wheels, then she could at least support those she put in direct peril...

After a short time, Arc noted how her team had pulled near the scene and had started to dismount from the pair of Scorpions.  Mentally giving a nod, she reached out into the 'Trix, pulling up the interface UI's for each of the vehicles and taking control, pulling them back to the hideout in a bit of a roundabout fashion, so as to throw off any would-be suspectors.  These halfers did good by them...no sense in taking unnecesary risks now.
« Last Edit: <12-09-15/0117:02> by SgtBoomCloud »