NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1365 on: <02-10-15/1439:59> »
He steps into the Bulldog and shoves a dead driver out onto the road. Sure, the seat's covered in blood, and the guy, or girl, whatever gender it used to be, is no longer recognizable, but considering what they had already gone through, this was nothing special.

Uncle Sam had already shoved the Bulldog driver into the road. Far from being unrecognizable, the driver is the only member of the opposition who is still conscious. He has crawled to the side of the road to get out of easy reach, although it's not very hard to notice him because he's a troll. (He's a small troll, one of the smallest you've seen, but still a troll.) He's holding something to his neck to stop the bleeding from where Uncle Sam shot him. He seems to be waiting for DocWagon. He's wearing a nice pair of sunglasses.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1366 on: <02-10-15/1452:54> »
We need to end this guy.  And destroy his glasses/comm at the very least.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1367 on: <02-10-15/1502:32> »
Optional Powers:
Movement and Innate Spell (Fireball)

Posting now.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1368 on: <02-10-15/1615:41> »
Two minutes have passed. The van is now clean(ish); the obelisk is loaded. You are officially ready to move, but can linger to accomplish other objectives.

I haven't heard a second for throwing the Bulldog's guns out in the street, so they remain until someone IC posts otherwise.

During minute 3, Katsina will begin work on the blanket/sewing project. It will take a while.
Intution 6 + Artisan 2 - 1 Wounds: 2 hits, so far so good

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1369 on: <02-10-15/1626:18> »
If no one else does it, Doc will go and do a shotgun blast to the last troll's face.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1370 on: <02-10-15/1629:10> »
The troll will hold his arm up in a submissive gesture and will say, "No, wait. I'll talk."

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1371 on: <02-10-15/1712:04> »
Hrm... time vs. utility :(
Doc will shout "we've got a talker here!  Ohanzee, Katsina!  Take him with us or kill 'im?"

I'll post this up IC so we can move it where it belongs.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1372 on: <02-10-15/1846:16> »
Yeah, I figured on the buying time bit.  The only reason I didn't just shoot him in the face for saying that is the amnesia aspect.  But he probably doesn't have any real info being the driver/gunner.

FWIW, Doc is leaning towards just shooting.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1373 on: <02-10-15/1917:56> »
Yeah, I figured on the buying time bit.  The only reason I didn't just shoot him in the face for saying that is the amnesia aspect.  But he probably doesn't have any real info being the driver/gunner.

FWIW, Doc is leaning towards just shooting.

We can load him in seconds. The main question, I think, is whether or not we want to waste supplies on stabilizing him.

If anybody was to ask Ace he'd be in favor of taking him.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #1374 on: <02-10-15/1937:58> »
He steps into the Bulldog and shoves a dead driver out onto the road. Sure, the seat's covered in blood, and the guy, or girl, whatever gender it used to be, is no longer recognizable, but considering what they had already gone through, this was nothing special.

Uncle Sam had already shoved the Bulldog driver into the road. Far from being unrecognizable, the driver is the only member of the opposition who is still conscious. He has crawled to the side of the road to get out of easy reach, although it's not very hard to notice him because he's a troll. (He's a small troll, one of the smallest you've seen, but still a troll.) He's holding something to his neck to stop the bleeding from where Uncle Sam shot him. He seems to be waiting for DocWagon. He's wearing a nice pair of sunglasses.

Ah, okay. My bad. I can edit the IC.

Is this driver the troll? If so, I'll wait for hostage holding stuff. Because, you know, that's worked so well recently.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1375 on: <02-10-15/1946:27> »
Yes, this driver is a troll (one of three). He's the smallest of the lot by far, Body 5 Strength 5.

Examining him more closely, Doc sees that the troll is holding a trauma patch on his neck. Doc knows that trauma patches can be used to stabilize patients (Bullets & Bandages, p. 15). This guy will not likely bleed to death.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1376 on: <02-11-15/0129:55> »
Judge Intentions for what the man says:

Doc: 0 hits

Ace: 3 hits

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1377 on: <02-11-15/1205:41> »
Chapter II complete.

I am inclined to keep the OOC thread the same for Chapter III so that we don't have to repost our sheets. The new IC thread is here: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=19674.0

I am working on karma awards. It will take a while since a large portion is from participation and RP, which means I need to reread all of Chapter II. I am through about a third of it so far. Karma awards will be substantial (10+) so start thinking about where you might want to spend it.

I will have more details soon. In the meantime, IC posting can continue. The first post of Chapter III (currently a placeholder) will simply be a recap / set the scene post.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1378 on: <02-11-15/1238:49> »
Want us to start Chapter III in the bulldog?  Was going to have Doc start to come out of his haze and start patching up folks.  Would be amusing having him patch up chino while he's driving.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1379 on: <02-11-15/1354:44> »
Yes, Chapter III begins in the Bulldog. There is excellent symmetry between the end of Chapter I (driving away in the hunters' Rover after a fight) and the current situation (driving away in the runners' Bulldog after a fight). Rednblack, intentionally or coincidentally, mirrorered Poindexter's last post from Chapter I.

Doc doesn't necessarily need to wait 8 more minutes to shake off the last effects of his Disorientation from dumpshock, but he'll still be at a -2 modifier until he does so.

A destination would be an important decision, especially given the condition of the Bulldog's tires. Final decision is 8-bit's, since Chino is driving. Options include:

Woody Creek: 5 miles / 8 kilometers, Population 250
Snowmass: 12 miles / 19 kilometers, Population 250
Basalt: 16 miles / 26 kilometers, Population 4,000
Carbondale: 27 miles / 44 kilometers, Population 6,500
Defiance (a.k.a. Glenwood Springs): 39 miles / 63 kilometers, Population 10,000

As previously stated, the tires will only last about 50 kilometers unless you lighten the load (or get new tires).

Register