NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1335 on: <02-07-15/1618:50> »

@rednblack Ace piths Mr. and Mrs. Nately. He takes off Mr. Nately's slippers, lops off the toe, and stuffs it in the old man's mouth. Note to self not to cross Ace.

Ace had already cut away the shoe, back when they were on the comm with the son.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1336 on: <02-08-15/0221:53> »
@rednblack Well isn't he a forward-thinker. Go ahead and IC post.

@Malevolence No problems for Minute 1 or MInute 2. I presume Ace had the Nately's commlinks for the call to Nately Jr. but I didn't keep a tight record. Unless anyone has an objection to Ohanzee's plan, we can say that the commlinks get planted. (Katsina will IC post it if nobody else does.) The elven gunslinger is the closest in size/shape to Ace. The rest are either trolls, or female, or unrecognizable (i.e. Wolf's dinner).

@8-bit Automotive mechanic rolls:
Trailer: 2 hits
ATV: 2 hits
Snowmobile: 1 hit

Thing trailer and vehicles fared pretty well, all things considered. The trailer is on its side but still functional if you can get it upright. The ATV and snowmobile both took some knocks but are still functional. The ATV has 2 boxes of damage out of 17. The snowmobile has 3 boxes of damage out of 15. They still work; the only question is if you'll take the time to detach the trailer from the RV, get it on the Bulldog, then get them loaded up.

@Zweiblumen Rednblack has stated Ace's intention to gather the contents of the coolers after dispatching the Natelys, including the blood plasma. Let's see how many bags survived the crash: 4 bags. The rest of the bags have burst due to the crash and various sharp objects flying about. The remainder of the bags have made a terrific mess and should help muddy the scene for any forensics teams. Ace could probably use some help with the coolers and their contents, scattered as they are. As stated previously, first aid rolls can be made in the Bulldog.

Doc is still under the -2 disorientation from dumpshock, but I believe he is only at -1 for wound modifiers (3S from his failed attack and 2P from dumpshock). Conditions for first aid will be -1 for indoors, but also note -2 for working on Awakened patients and -1 for each 2 full points of Essence lost on augmented patients.

On second thought, let's just start over and scrap the 4 hit roll, since the modifiers are different. And it wasn't the greatest roll anyway. Doc should wait 10 minutes to clear his head from disorientation. There's no downside to waiting, as long as you get out of there and don't get attacked again in the next 10 minutes.

@Poindexter Go ahead and IC post grabbing the bomb, plus any guns/ammo you specifically want to look for or take.

Did I miss anything? If not, start whipping up some IC activity.

8-bit

« Reply #1337 on: <02-08-15/1502:14> »
Hmm. I honestly don't even know if it's worth keeping the ATV and Snowmobile, since they are obviously a little banged up, and people will be looking for a vehicle with a trailer. Or at least, I think they will be.

Does Chino have an estimation of how long it would take to get them hooked up to the Bulldog? Time is of the essence, and he doesn't want to be the reason that we get caught.

OOC: Anyone else have any input on keeping the ATV and Snowmobile? We seem to be hopping from car to car as it is.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1338 on: <02-08-15/1512:31> »
They seem like more of a liability since people are looking for the Natelys. Ohanzee votes to leave them.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1339 on: <02-08-15/1546:53> »
Lets leave 'em

Doc will help Ace gather goods and then head to the Bulldog.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1340 on: <02-08-15/1705:56> »
Sam isnt looking for anything in particular, just grabbing whatever guns or ammo he can find. Ammo is gonna start getting scarce and we'll need every bit we can get. Can't afford to be choosy.

I'll have an IC post up soon.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1341 on: <02-09-15/0153:54> »
When Katsina grabs the troll on the passenger side of the Bulldog to drag him out, she gets hit by the Shock Frills in his armor.

It occurs to me that the damage of Shock Frills is not documented, unless I am missing something. Run & Gun lists Shock Weave as having a damage code of 8S(e) so we'll go with that, but it doesn't list AP. I presume that it's the same -5 AP as all electrical attacks, but one would hope that the book would actually say so.

Katsina: Body + Armor + Non-Conductivity - AP: 5 hits

Katsina takes a sharp shock and yips at the pain. She shakes it off quickly and continues about her business.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1342 on: <02-09-15/1441:39> »
Katsina is also grabbing her throwing knife out of the back of the troll's head.

@8-bit Reattaching the trailer to the Bulldog is a simple 13-step process that will only take 8 minutes. Normally it involves a jack, but since Chino is jacked he can do a lot of it with brute force. Chino's a little crispy at the moment but he is twice as fast as the average bloke, so if he's really racing he can probably get the trailer detached, moved, and reattached in 4 minutes. That doesn't get the snowmobile and ATV loaded, for which he would either need Uncle Sam's or Ohanzee's help (via Levitate) to keep the process under 4 minutes.

@Everyone Here is what I am assuming everyone is taking with them by default. Please post otherwise (ICly or OOCly) if you wish to grab or leave something.

Taking
Your own personal effects (i.e. your own inventory)
The cooler with food and a few remaining bloodpacks
The team's medkits
Sam's explosive device

Not taking
Anything of the Nately's
The hunter's weapons
The weapons from Joseph Moran's cabin
Anything (weapons, commlinks, glasses, etc.) from the team you just downed, except some ammo

Items left in the Bulldog
These are the items that were left in the Bulldog by its previous occupants. They will be kept by default unless you discard them:
3 high explosive grenades (throwing, not mini)
2 smoke grenades (regular, not thermal)
2 flash-bang grenades
1 chemical grenade (tear gas)
1 Enfield AS-7 shotgun + 3 clips of flechette ammo (currently unloaded because Doc's agent ejected the clip)
1 Defiance T-250 shotgun + 20 rounds Stick-n-Shock ammo
1 clip of heavy pistol ammo that Doc's Agent ejected from the ork samurai's Ares Predator
1 medkit (rating 4) with 1 resupply
1 stim patch (Rating 6)
1 trauma patch
1 respirator (rating 1)
1 alchemy kit
1 gecko tape gloves

Next
IC posts from Poindexter & 8-bit
IC or OOC confirmation/refutation of the above
Depart!

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1343 on: <02-09-15/1452:59> »
Doc would want to at the least try to destroy the comlinks and such if we've time.  Don't want recordings of what happened if possible.

Otherwise, that list looks good to me.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1344 on: <02-09-15/1457:20> »
Destroying the commlinks isn't hard but finding them is time consuming. At least two went over the cliff with the Tata, and you'd have to frisk everyone else (including the troll with the shock frills, and the pulpy mess of the mage that Wolf ate) to find their devices.

Running from body to body, frisking them, and then destroying the commlinks will take a few minutes for a single person or one minute for multiple people.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1345 on: <02-09-15/1458:37> »
I'll have him pose the option IC and see what the team thinks.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1346 on: <02-09-15/1509:45> »
Doc would want to at the least try to destroy the comlinks and such if we've time.  Don't want recordings of what happened if possible.

Otherwise, that list looks good to me.

Can we hack and brick after we go?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1347 on: <02-09-15/1510:47> »
* Zweiblumen is missing a deck at the moment.

It'll take 1+ hours to repair his.

I was thinking just puting them in a pile and lighting them on fire, or droping a troll on them or something.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1348 on: <02-09-15/1535:08> »
* Zweiblumen is missing a deck at the moment.

It'll take 1+ hours to repair his.

I was thinking just puting them in a pile and lighting them on fire, or droping a troll on them or something.

Frag.  I really don't want to risk taking the time to look for comms. 

Anybody else want to weigh in on this?

I guess we could just blow the obelisk.  That would clear up our footprint, right ;)
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #1349 on: <02-09-15/1543:45> »
No, Chino will vote to discard the trailer. I'll get all this up ICly.

He'll just be taking all his drek, and going to the Bulldog. He needs to make sure he can drive this thing (aka, has the keys, if necessary) and to try and remove any super obvious evidence of dead people in the car. I know the windows are broken and stuff, but if he can just grab a towel or something from the RV and try and remove any visible bloodstains, that would be great. Of course, at this rate, stealth might not even be possible, so I don't know.