NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #4305 on: <07-31-16/2010:34> »
@Aria - hope it's okay I had Al fix his Pulsed microtransceiver.

Rules are very vague about the damage done, as they are about repair intervals.

But Al's got a base 13 dice for this, and his tools are with him, reference materlals (grid access) available, and good working conditions.
I can buy 3 or 4 successes based on that.

But if it's not cool, easy to edit.

DireRadiant

• SRM FAQ Committee
  • Omae
  • The Dragon Never Sleeps
« Reply #4306 on: <08-01-16/1942:29> »
@cof I'll be busy the rest of this week.

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #4307 on: <08-02-16/0243:53> »
Guy, me too may get quite busy till Monday evening.
With this little interlude in the game,  though it would be a good time to use the Karma that has been accumulating.

I'll mostly pack up with Spells, most of them could be retro fit from anterior adventures. Is there an additional cost to the price of the spell formulas?
Like Isaint did with one of his focus , I'll probably enhance the Power Focus tags hanging around his neck.
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4308 on: <08-02-16/0442:47> »
Beside the 5 karma per spell you'll need to pay between 2000 and 500 Nuyen per spell (there is a table in core p.326)
You might also find Quick Healer useful for 6 karma  ;)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

BrickyardBabe

• Chummer
« Reply #4309 on: <08-02-16/1256:37> »
I think the primary limit on spells iirc, is that you can only have MAG x 2. You could bond foci or initiate, too. If you've got a fat stack of karma hanging around, picking up ally spirit (and maybe channeling) and then blowing a bunch of karma on an ally can get pretty awesome for a mage. Since, y'know, allies don't require services as long as you're not a jerk, and they can augment your casting pool. That's ultimately how Iris used to get her big ol' dice pools for combat magic.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #4310 on: <08-02-16/1716:34> »
I don't think fifth has a limit of magicx2 on number of spells known?  (technomancers have that sort of limit, and when i saw that I double checked mages and didn't find anything .... granted that I'm not the best at navigating the SR5 CRB so I could have missed something)

adamu

« Reply #4311 on: <08-03-16/0722:26> »
@CoF

Hey remember that chip that the Old One's messenger brought us when we were eating with the Harlequins? The ones that was supposed to give us details on the job?

Did we ever find out from Aria what all was on it, exactly?
I think it was supposed to at least have the names of the principles, which he wouldn't give us until we agreed to do the job.
But who knows what other good data might be on there...

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4312 on: <08-03-16/0815:44> »
I thought Aria sent a PM to us, but I can't find it.
Maybe it's burried in this thread instead.
talk think matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4313 on: <08-03-16/1025:48> »
I cannot find a post where he explained it, either. 

On another note, is Pistolgrip still with us?
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4314 on: <08-03-16/1033:29> »
Hm, last activity 10th July, last post 27th June.
Hopefully just a case of work MIA and not the other kind... :-\
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4315 on: <08-04-16/0805:15> »
Ask and ye shall receive, perhaps, if I'm in a good mood  ::)

Slotting the chip, assuming you dare(?) will provide two data profiles on your errant lovers, I’ll leave you to decide which is Romeo and which is Juliet as they are both female!

House Laésal (The Flower lot!)
Name: Cara Laésal (by adoption), third of her line
Metatype: Dwarf (although looks more human)
Notes: A healer by trade she was plucked from obscurity to be raised up by her adopted house

The Iron Company, The House of Senjak
Name: Tamsyn Senjak, fifth of her line
Metatype: Orc
Notes: Already a prodigiously powerful magic user she is being groomed for the ranks of the Iron Company

So that's about as much as you've got...no indications of how to contact them, I presume you aren't going to 'knock on the front door' ...so it will be the usual legwork trawl to get some intel.  Robyn will obviously be of help here, Iris too if she manages to find you again, and she is resourceful enough to do so!  We can conduct much of it OoC to keep things moving...

@Brickyard: my thoughts were that you broke free from your confinement when another house raided the location you were staying...not to free you, that was just an unintended side affect.  Should give you something to work with but shout if you want a bit more background/info!!!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4316 on: <08-04-16/0905:32> »
But Romeo and Juliette died...  ;D

Hopefully there is a way to contact them over the matrix. Would a matrix search be enough to get a comm code for them?

Also, does the Office of the Holy actually have an address, or - you know - an office?  ::)
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4317 on: <08-04-16/1114:58> »
You thought you could phone them? Where would be the romance in that?!?  ::)

They've got a damn big cathedral like thing going on in Earl's Court!!!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4318 on: <08-04-16/1122:28> »
Well, for one thing Romeo and Juliette would have survived if they had access to text messages  ;)

Oh well, if we have to deal with Ludites, Jackhammer can always shoot an arrow with a message tied to it through a window ;D
Visiting them by Astral Projection as the ghost of Christmas past is probably out of question too...

Hm, I just had a really crazy idea. It involves staging a concert in the cathedral, inviting everyone we need and more and incorporating the ceremony in our stage show - witnessed by everyone and still none the wiser... (I probably should go to sleep)

talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4319 on: <08-04-16/1201:53> »
Love it!

As a follow up to the quick phone type – bear in mind that as an almost entirely underground civilisation (I use that loosely), Below is hampered by noise to a significant degree.  Also in keeping with its Olde Worlde image matrix use is hardly prevalent, it exists but not to the extent of the surface world…so no, you aren’t going to find commcodes for individuals down here unless they frequent the over world often (these two don’t!)