[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #4290 on: <07-26-16/1812:41> »
Okay, starting an hour of rest.

Insomnia check: 13d6t5 7
No problem there.

hour of rest: 10d6t5 4

So assuming not interrupted for an hour, that's me down from 5 Stun to 1 Stun.

Al won't be interested in resting more, since that risks another bout of Insomnia, which is a damned hard roll and failing it will prohibit me from Edge refresh for a longer period.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4291 on: <07-26-16/1820:22> »
While we are at it, here Isaint's healing:

Arthur aiding him: Aid Healing: 16d6t5 6
One refreshing nap: Bod 6 Wil 5 Quickhealer 2 and 6 Aid:
Healing Stun: 19d6t5 8 [19d6t5=2, 1, 4, 5, 5, 6, 1, 2, 5, 1, 3, 5, 6, 1, 3, 6, 5, 2, 1]
Isaint is fully recuperated.

And since this help takes Arthur only 10 minutes per hour of rest, he can help all party members:

In case Al lets the machine apply a bit of Voltaren and a massage:
Aid Healing: 16d6t5 3 [16d6t5=2, 2, 5, 1, 3, 4, 4, 3, 1, 4, 4, 6, 1, 4, 1, 5]
Al can roll an additional 3 dice
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #4292 on: <07-26-16/1919:39> »
Thanks, man, I would like to get rid of that last box of stun, but...

Yeah, Al letting some robot give him a massage?

Might make an interesting scene if it were proposed, but ....

BrickyardBabe

• Chummer
« Reply #4293 on: <07-26-16/1928:57> »
Speaking of robot massages...

(Yes, I'm actually going somewhere with this)

I'm on enough prescriptions to make my bathroom look like a test bed for the Umbrella Corporation. Can someone who is less cognitively impaired give me a ballpark for how long Iris has been missing from the group?

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4294 on: <07-27-16/0115:48> »
LOL  I think it has only been a few days at most.  There was a day or two before we left, then a couple more to get where we are.  And don't worry about too many mages.  From what I have seen, this group can't have too many mages.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

BrickyardBabe

• Chummer
« Reply #4295 on: <07-27-16/0121:57> »
The trouble is, much like my departed sister, my mages have a tendency to be overbuilt and shit on everyone around them. Which isn't fair.

No, I have an idea to pitch if Aria and the group are inclined to bring back Iris, one that can give me character development AND solve the problem of her staggering magical power and my inability to not be a bitch with it.

Takes a lot of funds, a good mage, and some sketchy drek, but it might work.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4296 on: <07-27-16/0151:00> »
Cool.  Can't wait to see it.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4297 on: <07-27-16/0242:30> »
Regarding the time: The team met up on Saturday early afternoon, now we have Sunday early evening. Iris has been away for almost exactly 24 hours.

And don't worry: During the confrontation in the safe house we really could have used another over powered mage on our side  ;D
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #4298 on: <07-27-16/0508:31> »
Second that.

The stuff Aria throws at us, we need all the mage power we can get.
And don't worry about her being rude - we can all take care of ourselves.
Anyway, Iris seemed really a lot more civil/stable than some of the others.

Plus, my two cents, we already have some history with Iris.
Game works better with some continuity among a smaller group of characters, allows relationships to form, with some ongoing storyline. Better than constant switch-outs (no criticism of Obi/Rick intended!!!).

Finally, Iris mixes magic with badass social skills - I think in the job we have coming up, we will be glad to have the likes of Iris, Yukika and Robyn with us.

BrickyardBabe

• Chummer
« Reply #4299 on: <07-27-16/1452:30> »
Oh, it was always going to be Iris.

The idea I had so as no to add unnecessary spellpower was that she went to scout, got captured, and instead of torturing or killing her, they deliberately installed a pile of invasive 'ware into her, reducing her essence below 1 and burning out her magic, then magically assisting the healing to reduce the recovery time to effectively zero. Then chipping her and turning her into a living weapon, a highly-overqualified gillette and sending her to the wedding.

But 24 hours isn't even enough time to do the surgery, much less for her to get the handle on her capabilities.

So, since the consensus is that we need more mojo, I'll rework Iris. My computer suffered a catastrophic failure while I was...away, so I have to back engineer her. I know her sheet is on Obsidian, but it wasn't complete before I left.

But I'll figure it out!

BrickyardBabe

• Chummer
« Reply #4300 on: <07-28-16/1850:15> »
"And Iris...yeah I'm not going there."

Why, Jack_Spade, I am shocked that you would suspect Iris of any impropriety! She is the soul of honor, compassion, mercy, and goodness. Trust her in all things.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4301 on: <07-29-16/0243:39> »
Exactly! If that isn't indicative of a disturbed personality in the sixth world I don't know what is  ;D
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4302 on: <07-29-16/1357:23> »
Whilst still out of action on crappy internet I just want to say a big welcome back to Brickyard! You've been missed! Will catch up next week sometime!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #4303 on: <07-30-16/1816:32> »
Um, just for the record, and as if anyone but me cares...I did say a while back that I would confirm the rules/numbers/rolls for my improvised breaching charge.

Well, finally had half an hour to spend flipping around through five sections of two books and of course a calculator and paper handy, but yeah, the assorted junk in my bag was enough to make a portable breaching charge with me just buying successes.
All I know about Robyn's wall is that she said mostly stone, but this thing will get through even the hardest barrier in the book, with no blowback on us.

I will have to redo some rolls (though probably just be able to buy successes again) if we move it to another location.

And that's a pull detonator with a physical cord, by the way - no jamming!

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #4304 on: <07-31-16/0202:54> »
Welcome back BrickyardBabe!

Healing Tests:
Natural Healing: 12d6t5 3
Natural Healing: 8d6t5 3
Natural Healing: 8d6t5 3

It will take Deckard three hours of rest to get rid of the Stun.
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Register