NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 1507 Replies

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #540 on: <02-08-15/2256:07> »
"So you mean turning it on doesn't automatically broadcast?" asked Clem, shame building up inside of her.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #541 on: <02-09-15/0649:22> »
"Turning your Pito on doesn't automatically start broadcasting your me-feed," Sammy said, "that depends on your settings, so you can set it that way but it's not necessary.  But back to the subject at hand.  I say we agree to the offer, of course we also ask for payment for our two collegues who are not here and we take precautions to avoid betrayal."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #542 on: <02-09-15/0946:11> »
"I have already voiced my concerns on that, so you know where I stand. I will defer to your judgment" said Clementine to Sammy, trying to deflect her embarrassing moment of ignorance. She had the exact same concerns Torley had voiced, but since the new assignment didn't interfere with their current run, she felt comfortable letting Sammy, who knew the LA scene better than she did, make the call.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #543 on: <02-09-15/0948:05> »
Sam was still not convinced. "The offer is for all five of us. But I'm still not sold on this--we're out of our zone, and we don't know how things work down here. Sammy, you're the only one of us who knows anything about this scene." As Clem here just demonstrated, he added to himself. "Sure, back home, we could set things up to be safe, but down here we've got drek. Don't you think he's already anticipated the fact that we could duplicate the video once we get it? We do that, we're definitely not getting out of this town alive." He shook his head. "No, if we do this job, we do it straight--but I say we deliver the video to Christy, if possible. That may screw with our getting paid, especially if he's playing her like I think he is, but it should at least keep us alive."
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #544 on: <02-09-15/1730:54> »
"Which is why I tell you, if you don't want this kind of work, you're not going to do much in this city," Sammy said, wondering why they had such a problem with it.  Certainly they had done worse than retrieve a possible blackmail trid.  She knew she had in her youth, just to survive East LA.
"You don't mind hitting someone, but you have problems getting back a trid where we don't have to kill someone," she asked, mostly to Clem, "although, if we have O'Conner with us, killing will probably happen anyways."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #545 on: <02-09-15/1846:26> »
Raising her eyebrows in a dismissive way, Clem simply added "And probably on his live feed too." She turned to Torley and asked him "Would you prefer we talk to Pandora's friend and give her a heads up before we set out tonight? That way, if this snake really tries to pull a fast one on her, she will have time to prepare herself, and her reaction will pretty much give us an indication as to what to expect on our end."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #546 on: <02-10-15/0450:03> »
"I can try to do that," Sammy said, "I'll have to get out of this make-up though or we wouldn't make it past the first guards or past the PA.  As to when, we can ask what the deadline on the blackmail letter is.  I don't think he's told us that."
Here the advantages of knowing people and being known to people were readily apparent.  A no-no shadowrunner wouldn't be able to get into contact with Chrissy, not even Torley, as she would be protected by people who could withstand his magic appeal, more people here having such a thing.  But two stars could contact each other without much trouble.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #547 on: <02-10-15/1033:11> »
Sam still wasn't comfortable, but he didn't let it show. "Alright, sounds like we've got a plan. Take the job, try to get Christy a heads-up and hopefully deliver to her directly, and survive past delivery. And for drek's sake, Clem, don't put our client's information on Pito or we're all screwed."

At their nods, he turned to tell Guiles the "good" news.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #548 on: <02-11-15/0954:09> »
DATA HAVEN

The new arrival, whose name turns out to be Yuri Kozlov, shakes hands with Crenshaw and a couple of the others in the group.  He passes a chip to one of them which elicits a grateful smile, then sits down putting the technician between himself and Snow.

“So you have already met Yuri?” said Crenshaw as you came back, “That makes it easier.  Yuri and I go way back, we met in college, I graduated but he still makes better money than I do.”  The men smiled, “Yuri is the only guy I know that would rather spend the day at the Hahn Free Market over a Silver Pass in Fun City!”

The fixer relaxed and ordered a drink, “Hey, I got my ass kicked in Fun City once; don’t let the costumes fool ya, that Horizon Corp Sec is no joke.”

Yuri’s entrance signaled the break up of the party, though it took awhile, some folks went full VR and others going to the bar or breaking off to talk to other friends.

On the other hand, O’Connor’s party was just getting started.  The ladies had already subscribed to his me-feed and now wanted to hook him up with a trode net and help him sculpt his online persona.  They were very disappointed to find out he didn’t have a hotsim mod, but the ‘preview’ they were giving him in a private room AR was definitely making him look forward to the evening and consider the investment.

THE END OF THE WORLD

When you return to the table Guiles’ initial look of amusement at your conference seems to be wearing thin.

“I hope you have reconsidered and that this was not some elaborate bit of theatrics to squeeze out a few more nuyen, because if it is you wasted all of our time.  Fermin spoke very highly of your abilities, but if not you I need to get someone local on this problem as soon as possible.”

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #549 on: <02-11-15/1016:04> »
Snow nods.  "We met briefly as he was coming in.  I think we might know someone in common."  She lets the conversations wind down and waits until only the three of them are 'present' at the table before turning to the new companion.  "Yuri, I was told that you might be able to help me.  I am looking for upgrades to my internal commlink and software .  Can you take care of me?"  She looks at the man over her drink, trying to determine if he might have the moxy to fit into a new bratva here.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #550 on: <02-11-15/1102:52> »
Once it is the three of you by yourself and Snow looks to talk business, Crenshaw himself opts out of being involved in the exchange and goes to bar on the idea of getting a pitcher and an appetizer.  He has an eye on the table as he waits.

Yuri lets him leave before answering, "I can get some custom work done if you are interested, or you can give me a list and I will see what has fallen off the back of a truck this week."

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #551 on: <02-11-15/1528:48> »
Now that Snow had met her contact, O'Connor was looking to get Brenda and Bridgette into more private settings. The AR stuff was fun, and he bet that hotsim was amazing, but he would always prefer real over digital. After having to fight to remove Brenda's tongue from his throat, he suggested to the girls that they hit up their zen guy and then move the party back to his hotel room.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #552 on: <02-11-15/1540:57> »
When you return to the table Guiles’ initial look of amusement at your conference seems to be wearing thin.

“I hope you have reconsidered and that this was not some elaborate bit of theatrics to squeeze out a few more nuyen, because if it is you wasted all of our time.  Fermin spoke very highly of your abilities, but if not you I need to get someone local on this problem as soon as possible.”

Sam smiled as he sat back in the chair, giving no indication of discomfort. "Our apologies. No theatrics. My colleagues were simply concerned that I was imposing our northern customs on you improperly; what is normal for us may not be normal for you, and so a certain amount of leeway should be granted. As such, we have decided to waive our usual retainer requirement and accept your terms; 2300 each, payable upon delivery of the video."

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #553 on: <02-11-15/1642:36> »
"I don't think you have mentioned the deadline those gangers have given," Sammy said, "we will work as quickly as possible of course, but having a bit more time gives us the time to do the job more subtly."

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #554 on: <02-11-15/1746:34> »
Guiles looked more than a little relieved at the team finally accepting, "Excellent, let's get to it then..." He brings out a data pad and sets it to open broadcast, allowing any of you who want it to copy the data to your comm as he makes his presentation.  It shows a highlighted map of LA and a few still images.

(Paparazzi footage and stills showing Christy Daee enjoying nightlife)

"Christy is in town on a break from touring, she has been doing a little business and noodling around the studio, but mostly she has been hitting the clubs and partying with her friends, several nights ago she was out with them hitting several spots starting around 10pm."

(3 or 4 dance clubs are highlighted on the map and w/ street views)

"Around 2 am Miss Daee is at Cadillac Avenue on the west side.  It is at this point that she goes missing."  Cadillac Avenue is mapped and shown, it is in a seedier area that still suffers from flooding.  "I blame myself for this, we are using a new security firm.  Top notch outfit, but they aren't used to her habits when she is home."

(Image shift to a crummy looking no-tell motel and the location is highlighted)

"The firm picks up her comm at 3 and find her shortly after in room #8 at the Cinderblock. They are able to remove her without incident by using an impersonatorat a local mall.  No one else at the hotel except the attendant, who was asleep and never rented the room. "

(image shift to what looks like an ork.  Well built and heavily cybered with some cosmetic mods [goat horns and 'prettifying'], tight curly bright red hair with a long goatee.  A wide angle viewplaces him at about 1.6 meters tall and shows altered legs that make the whole of the image resemble a satyr, with brown fur.)

"This is Bacchus. His social media puts him in the area during the disappearance."

After making sure you have the files, Guiles puts away the datapad and says "You can find him from his live feed, but until that turns on he is in the wind.  As to a timeframe, his note says he will call tomorrow to talk about ransom, Christy is firm on saying 'no' to any demands, so you have until then to find the footage.  Good luck."

« Last Edit: <02-11-15/1754:20> by Crossbow »

Register