NEWS

Run & Gun

• 18 Replies

tequila

• Chummer
« on: <04-10-14/1007:52> »
Don't forget, we can't use it in missions until 30 days after the hard copy release.  Time to make shopping lists and drool.  Not necessarily in that order. :)
#thistasergoesto11

Quote from: Tarislar
ArmTech MGL-12: Nothing says love like a 3 round burst of HE Grenade to hit something for 32P
Nuff said.  :-X

Belker

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • The Butcher
« Reply #1 on: <04-10-14/1021:30> »
Yesssss, time to upgrade the armaments of my NPCs when Pushing The Envelope... soon, my minions, soon...  8)
"Dog says to always wear your seatbelts, kiddies."
Missions Freelancer (CMP 2015 - The Tennessee Suite 1-4)

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <04-10-14/1648:32> »
Yesssss, time to upgrade the armaments of my NPCs when Pushing The Envelope... soon, my minions, soon...  8)

Why does Dr. Evil suddenly come to mind?  ???

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <04-11-14/0952:49> »
Don't forget, we can't use it in missions until 30 days after the hard copy release.  Time to make shopping lists and drool.  Not necessarily in that order. :)

Buuuutttt, it will be fair game by the time Origins rolls around....
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

tequila

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <04-11-14/1116:00> »
Maybe they'll have some errata for it by then, too.  ::)
#thistasergoesto11

ArmTech MGL-12: Nothing says love like a 3 round burst of HE Grenade to hit something for 32P

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #5 on: <04-11-14/1121:44> »
It's not as if many things are truly broken, it's almost-entirely typos.

As for Origins, are you sure? I haven't seen an expected release date for the book yet, and it's only available in Missions until a month after that date.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

PittsburghRPGA

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
  • Catalyst Demo Team Field Agent #524
« Reply #6 on: <04-11-14/1345:31> »
Good point.  30 days from the release of the pdf or 30 days from the release of the dead tree edition?

Eric

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <04-11-14/1425:30> »
Good point.  30 days from the release of the pdf or 30 days from the release of the dead tree edition?

Eric

Dead tree.  Technically speaking, it's +30 days from Catalyst's street date for the print edition.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #8 on: <04-11-14/1559:25> »
For books that are also printed, it's 30 days from expected street date of print, and for ebooks simply 30 days from release.

I'm going to allow toys this once because Carbon Copy is a nice time to use them, and I'm not interested in letting the players only have that fun in September.

Fedifensor

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #9 on: <05-05-14/1154:16> »
Is there any news about the print release of Run and Gun?  Will it be legal in time for the summer convention season?

Tsuzua

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <05-14-14/1426:10> »
Is there any news about the print release of Run and Gun?  Will it be legal in time for the summer convention season?
It won't be legal for Origins unless there's some release date retconning. There's still 60 days left for it to be legal for Gen Con.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #11 on: <05-15-14/0714:29> »
It's a shame, by the way. I ran a game with the Grenade rule from Run&Gun and it had a significant impact on tactics. Enemies ran from the flashbang but ended up in a worse position, a fireball was neatly dodged and the mage almost cackled as he overcast big enough to hit EVERYONE (including his Spirit and a friendly drone, but it was Stun damage anyway) in the room, so nobody could afford to run away.

So I hope R&G will make it to Gen Con, because that rule is awesome for tactics on both sides.

tequila

• Chummer
« Reply #12 on: <05-15-14/0848:09> »
I'm slightly bummed by the Grenade rule only because my MysAd and the Mages I run with take advantage of the pre-R&G lack of that rule a lot.   :P  I am curious to see it in play along with the other new rules, though.  More tactical options is always good.  I hope that they announce a street date soon.
#thistasergoesto11

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #13 on: <05-15-14/0856:55> »
AoE spells still are a good way of flushing them out of cover, and their movement range is also limited so they can get in trouble with that. Plus it goes both ways, now it's not an immediate TPK if you use grenades against players. :) Also, sometimes they can't run from the AoE. By the way, you could combine it with a Street Sam's suppressive fire: Either get hit by the fireball, or run into bullets.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #14 on: <05-15-14/0934:23> »
AoE spells still are a good way of flushing them out of cover, and their movement range is also limited so they can get in trouble with that. Plus it goes both ways, now it's not an immediate TPK if you use grenades against players. :) Also, sometimes they can't run from the AoE. By the way, you could combine it with a Street Sam's suppressive fire: Either get hit by the fireball, or run into bullets.

Yeah, combining suppressive fire with gas grenades is probably going to be one of my go-to moves when R&G goes live.  Even if the guy gets out of the radius, there's a good chance his Free Actions are spent for the rest of the Combat Turn and he'll be taking a -2 penalty on everything.
« Last Edit: <05-15-14/0951:50> by Kincaid »
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.