NEWS

[OOC] TriSeq Runners, Private Military Campaign Adventure

• 548 Replies

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #210 on: <03-11-13/1720:04> »
basically at this point you should pick between having the vehicle compact Assault rifle or the submachine gun, everyone will have a pistol, and a shotgun, the marksmen have battle rifles with ranges even longer than the ARs. After you pick between the AR or the SMG pick 4 magazines of ammo for your shotgun, pistol, and primary (SMG or AR) take note that the SMG has 2 magazines, so you should actually take pick 5 mags worth of ammo for it.

after you select those, pick 4 grenades (all grenades will automatically have gecko tips, because I said so.)

The riggers will have most their gear stowed in lockers if they need it, and the VTOLs have survival gear aboard them, and a Nexi that you can copy programs over from, including the tacnet. I might recommend that you run your tacnet from that Nexus as it has higher stats than your commlinks, but that's up to your discretion.

I wouldn't think butcher would sweat, but hydration is still important. I've played a full cyborg character before and metabolic needs were still important, but things like sweating or contact vector drugs didn't come up, so I'd rule the same for you.
Sic Zipper Tyrannosaurus!

Nathen

• Chummer
« Reply #211 on: <03-11-13/1723:28> »
Ill take the SMG and two clips of subsonic and 3 of regular.

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #212 on: <03-11-13/1735:20> »
it's going to be approximately 10 hours before you reach the search point, so assuming you recover a minimum of one box of stun per hour I assume you would be able to recover from any summoning drain. I figure most of you will be resting on the flight anyway. The lead VTOL has a kitchenette and accommodations as well, also a medical robot on standby.

If everyone is ready to move on to the boarding and takeoff scene I'd like everyone to move to the concourse IC and take an audio perception test, at -3 (Your headphones should help though).

if you have any extended tests or actions  you'd like to complete before then go ahead though.

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #213 on: <03-11-13/1748:09> »
Omeed's pretty much ready to roll. For gear, he'll be defaulting in automatics... I remember you saying earlier in the planning stages that longarms could be used for firing an AR in SA mode? If so, he'll take the AR. If not... he'll still take the AR and look dashing holding it as he tries to blow stuff up using Toxic Wave.

And yeah, I'll try and summon a spirit once the flight starts, mostly just to get used to the spirit summoning rules. Keep in mind I'm a noob so... yeah. Omeed is green in more ways than one.
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #214 on: <03-11-13/1839:45> »
take an audio perception test, at -3 (Your headphones should help though).

Does it mean that everyone has -3 or some special equipement reduces this penalty?

Thrass

• Omae
« Reply #215 on: <03-11-13/1948:42> »
we make a sound based notice check with -3 and gear works as usual (so select sound filter works against this penalty for example)
Speech - Thought - Matrix
Characters: Andy - Andys rolls

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #216 on: <03-11-13/2352:21> »
Going to the concourse signifies you`re ready to beging the mission. The -3 is a situational modifier.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #217 on: <03-12-13/0001:06> »
Just a quick question: if we have enough time to summon a spirit and bind it on board the plane, can we edit out posts and ask for some binding material?
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #218 on: <03-12-13/0010:24> »
I put it in spoilers in the IC, but I'll put it here as well (unsure which is preferred).

8d6.hits(5)=3]Perception Roll called for 3 Hits

14d6.hits(5)=9]Electronic Warfare 6 + Specialization in Encryption (2) + Encrypt 6 9 Hits
Second roll is to set his comm-link up on Strong Encryption with 4 hour interval.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #219 on: <03-12-13/0115:00> »
Assume you are issued the proper binding materiels you require, from the armoury, and yes I prefer you put your rolls in spoilers in the IC thread.

Dont forget everyone, your personal medkits contain 20 sticks of "Clever red fox brand sharp eye gum" (russian brand of betel)
« Last Edit: <03-12-13/0119:13> by Aryeonos »

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #220 on: <03-12-13/0123:50> »
Dont forget everyone, your personal medkits contain 20 sticks of "Clever red fox brand sharp eye gum" (russian brand of betel)

Consider those to be left behind for mine. The occasional drink and nicotine are the closest thing to drugs that any character I play will touch.

Is that Electronic Warfare roll good enough for the level of encryption I was going for?
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #221 on: <03-12-13/0147:16> »
You can always bring the betel with you and use them as bargaining chips.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #222 on: <03-12-13/0834:20> »
we make a sound based notice check with -3 and gear works as usual (so select sound filter works against this penalty for example)

Select sound filter doesnt help in such situation. It would help you to notice predefeined groups of sounds. So You need to say:
 Im seting my select sound filter for this groups of sounds (more or less specific): Gunshots, steps, vehicle engine human speech IDN what else. You may concentrate on one such group at a time, again saying which one. everything else would be filtered. It doesnt add any dices to roll...
Also spatial recognizer...helps you pinpoint the source of sound, but first you have to be able to perceive that sound to focus on it.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #223 on: <03-12-13/0842:11> »
Select sound filter doesnt help in such situation. It would help you to notice predefeined groups of sounds. So You need to say:
 Im seting my select sound filter for this groups of sounds (more or less specific): Gunshots, steps, vehicle engine human speech IDN what else. You may concentrate on one such group at a time, again saying which one. everything else would be filtered. It doesnt add any dices to roll...
Also spatial recognizer...helps you pinpoint the source of sound, but first you have to be able to perceive that sound to focus on it.

So if I understand you correctly, we would need to first notice the sound before being able to pinpoint it? So basically 2 different perception tests for the same sound? If that's the case, I'll edit my post to reflect that.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #224 on: <03-12-13/0845:04> »
Jup, IMO thats how Spatial recognizer works. Like when you hear  ticking, and you are trying to locate the bomb using your ears...

One more ting for that Select sound filter: You are able to have that number of predefined groups, what is rating of your filter.
« Last Edit: <03-12-13/0847:13> by Sichr »