NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 2029 Replies

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #780 on: <03-17-15/0024:50> »
So what is the limit of what I can do with my commlink and devices and I will not go beyond that again.  I guess I really did misunderstand what the capabilities of the link are.  I really thought that the description of the commlink allowed for real time sharing of the information.  Very sorry.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #781 on: <03-17-15/0243:42> »
Okay, waiting for Thvor to post IC, in the meantime, I think I have figured out where the disconnect is for me and what you guys think you can do.

All of you have a commlink, as written a commlink has a camera/camcorder (Snow's implanted commlink doesn't several external devices, but she has other links for those), all of you (except Torley) also have an image link, a device that is not a camera, but one that allows you to see images that you cam is seeing.  There is a certain logic to keeping an internal comm channel open, and to be able to talk with each other at will when you are in close contact, but sharing image links in real time is a bit much.  Pito is essentially a social network with easy uploading.

You guys have been playing as if you have is a TacNet which includes a sensor link, and you don't.

Does this make sense?

I was always under the assumption that sending in someone who has a camera active was not a big problem.  While I agree we can't watch all team member's feeds, watching one specific feed should be possible.  Maybe we should specify this more clearly in the future if we want to do this.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #782 on: <03-17-15/0632:06> »
 It wouldn't be, you could do a certain amount of "you see what I see" if that someone had a camera in some kind of eyewear, but none of you have that.  As it stand now, for Torley to have done what he did for Snow, having her diagnose by remote, he was basically panning his commlink over the ganger and watching the display.

It also is telling that in the chase before with O'Connor, he was essentially trying to run with his phone out, filming himself.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #783 on: <03-17-15/0953:20> »
So what can I do or not do with my image link?

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #784 on: <03-17-15/1036:13> »
Image link basically allows you to track everything in your PAN in a heads up display in your eye, rather than having to see it on a screen on your commlink.  It is a feature of modern convenience. 

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #785 on: <03-17-15/1650:17> »
Why has every time someone wrote a - s - s it has become hoop, even if we weren't referring to a body part.  This could be entertaining.  ass ASS @$$  just seeing what works :)

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #786 on: <03-17-15/1946:56> »
Didn't know that.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #787 on: <03-17-15/2047:51> »
It also is telling that in the chase before with O'Connor, he was essentially trying to run with his phone out, filming himself.

I'm sorry, are you saying that comms having cameras is unreasonable?
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #788 on: <03-17-15/2050:09> »
Not at all!  Just awkward to pull off well..

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #789 on: <03-17-15/2054:26> »
Oh I imagine that video to be of poor quality, but without cybereyes or any type of recorder,  what ya gonna do?
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #790 on: <03-17-15/2303:16> »
Okay, this is going to require a coordinated Con roll to calm the situation and get them to buy your stories, split between the bouncer and the bartender (the only ones that matter).  Snow is supporting Torley, so Snow will roll her Con skill, and her successes will be the bonus dice to Torley's pool, that he will then split in half and roll one for each target.
« Last Edit: <03-17-15/2304:57> by Crossbow »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #791 on: <03-18-15/0203:55> »
Snow is still unskilled at CON, so rolls 5d6 to try to help Sam.

CON roll to support Sam: 5d6t5 2

Two hits is a small help.  But why does Sam have to split between the bartender and the bouncer?  Would it not work to just convince the bartender, who would tell the bouncer to go back to the door?
« Last Edit: <03-18-15/0205:36> by Mercy Merchant »

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #792 on: <03-18-15/1051:45> »
Ok, so Sam's con pool is 13, plus Snow's 2 gets him to 15. Splitting it into two rolls; the bartender's more likely to pick up on things, so he gets 8, while the bouncer gets 7.
8d6.hits(5)=3, 7d6.hits(5)=2

Not Sam's best performance, I'm afraid (I think that'd be the sheriff way back in the beginning!), but decent.

As for the question of why Sam splits--I'm not really sure. The RAW talk about splitting dice pools for multi-weapon attacks, multi-target attacks, etc., but the only description for what happens when trying to use charisma skills on multiple people is on page 130:
Quote from: SR4a p.130
If the character is attempting to influence a group of NPCs who have no designated leader, the Opposed Test applies to the whole group—use the highest dice pool available among the members of the group, then add +1 for each extra person (max +5). Groups tend to react as a whole, with reluctant members drawn along by enthusiastic ones. Alternatively, the gamemaster may appoint a leader or a “ringer in the crowd” and base the success or failure of the endeavor on that character’s reaction to the player character.
Which makes me think that Sam's roll (all 15 dice) should be opposed by the bartender's pool plus one1 for the bouncer. But ultimately, I'm willing to let the GM decide.

1 Side note: The RAW don't indicate if this bonus is an extra die in the pool, or just a guaranteed hit. I could read it either way and feel like it made sense.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #793 on: <03-18-15/1125:52> »
I will accept that explanation Thvor, so you have a total of 5 hits vs the bartender with the bonus of the bouncer.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #794 on: <03-20-15/0006:44> »
Good job on going after the guy, Sam.  We might get a decent lead from this yet.