NEWS

Rollerskates: How many uses can you come up with?

• 64 Replies

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #30 on: <07-05-11/1502:09> »
ah well, everything bad has at least something good then . .
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

theKernel

• Omae
  • I believe you like it served cold -Matador
« Reply #31 on: <07-05-11/1508:38> »
Oh come on there has to be a part of you that loved that movie:)
HACK THE PLANET
Theres no place like 127.0.0.1
Always start and end character creation by asking yourself "why is this character not an ork." If you don't have a good answer you should be an ork. -UmaroVI
"Stay at least one lie ahead of everyone else"-Vitriol
SR4+++hbB?!Wdk++o+++++M+P-

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #32 on: <07-05-11/1509:56> »
the same part i blame for my current job doing tech support . .
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

theKernel

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <07-05-11/1512:51> »
Well played
HACK THE PLANET
Always start and end character creation by asking yourself "why is this character not an ork." If you don't have a good answer you should be an ork. -UmaroVI

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #34 on: <07-05-11/1951:04> »
Oh come on there has to be a part of you that loved that movie:)
Yeah, the part where it ended and I swore I would never watch it again.

I've had people reference that movie when I was providing tech support for them a few years ago.   :'(
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #35 on: <07-05-11/2026:59> »
Yeah... Orbital's Halcyon + On + On + On in the start of the movie and young Angelina Jolie in a swimming pool are two good things about that movie.

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #36 on: <07-06-11/0837:36> »
Hmmm good movie, and good uses for skates.

Old fasioned rocket skates for the insane, or customized drones for those of us even more insane.
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

theKernel

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <07-06-11/1223:23> »
Everyone hates that movie lol. I love it and will till the day I die lol. But yea I had this deal one time that my character had hoverskates if there was an aro on it advertising for a skate company. Those things were wicked but I kept having to talk to people in game about em. Too inconvenient. The point was made:(
HACK THE PLANET

Cantor

• Newb
« Reply #38 on: <07-06-11/1321:06> »
One of my all-time favorite characters was named Lucky. Edge 8. He was a Combat Biker. Drive Groundcraft skill 2. Gymnastics skill 6. Bought a custom bike. It had an ejection seat. He wore skates. Anyone see where I'm going with this?

Kylen

• Omae
« Reply #39 on: <07-20-11/1908:42> »
Loved the movie.

My idea was for smuggling runs that were too short/in too crowded a place for a car or a bike, because the blades can get in tighter spaces then either, and, well, combine that with Wall Running or similar, with
some wax grenades or something, and Light Step, and you're running away laughing while the enemy is slipping up. There's actually a variety of uses for them when it comes down to it.

Also, think about it. Your Technomancer/Hacker has a solid hacking ability allowing them to skate around the building they are hacking, not letting the enemy get a good lock on them. Or at least making it a hard time.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." - Tolkien

"F*** subtle." - Dresden

theKernel

• Omae
« Reply #40 on: <07-24-11/2349:02> »
Loved the movie.

My idea was for smuggling runs that were too short/in too crowded a place for a car or a bike, because the blades can get in tighter spaces then either, and, well, combine that with Wall Running or similar, with
some wax grenades or something, and Light Step, and you're running away laughing while the enemy is slipping up. There's actually a variety of uses for them when it comes down to it.

Also, think about it. Your Technomancer/Hacker has a solid hacking ability allowing them to skate around the building they are hacking, not letting the enemy get a good lock on them. Or at least making it a hard time.
GREAT IDEA
HACK THE PLANET

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #41 on: <07-25-11/0435:38> »
hmmm...Rollerskates/blades, on an adept, flying through the streets (and other places) in the sprawl. Yes, hat could be quite fun.
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Red Canti

• Omae
  • Hybrid Rainbow
« Reply #42 on: <07-26-11/2343:07> »
Wanna imagine getting kicked in the face by those things? I sure don't. Especially not by the troll that can go as fast as a midsized Toyota in them.
« Last Edit: <07-27-11/0042:14> by Red Canti »
"Always Trust Mr. Johnson, always. Just make sure he knows he'd regret betraying that trust."

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #43 on: <07-27-11/0530:34> »
@Red Canti
You'd rather not use Red Script as this is normally for Moderators or Admins

with a Dance in Black
Medicineman
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

Red Canti

• Omae
  • Hybrid Rainbow
« Reply #44 on: <07-27-11/1451:26> »
@Red Canti
You'd rather not use Red Script as this is normally for Moderators or Admins

with a Dance in Black
Medicineman
Not using red. this is red, I'm using crimson., if the mods tell me to stop I'll drop it though.
"Always Trust Mr. Johnson, always. Just make sure he knows he'd regret betraying that trust."