NEWS

Are all metahumans mutated Horrors?

• 11 Replies

rfv855

• Newb
« on: <02-10-13/1617:49> »
There is that dragon creation story- about how one of children of Dark One come to untainted world, shed 9 tears, and the dragons were born from first tear, while metahuman races from the rest. Which practically makes dragons origin being a mutated Horrors.

However, when you look at it, there is no real difference between first tear that the dragons were born from, and the rest of the tears.

Which brings the question asked in title- are all metahuman races in Shadowrun/Earthdown basically a version of Horrors?

DaveDaveDaave

• Chummer
  • I like Pies
« Reply #1 on: <02-10-13/1712:39> »
I wouldn`t trust a dragon to tell the truth to another dragon if it was the Dragon Tell The Truth Today For A Change Festival Day. I think anything dragons tell/let slip/leave lying about to be found by  the good with ketchup races is what they want them to know and not an iota more.
An Awful lot of people believe a lot of very strange things indeed for no valid reason I can see. They can`t all be right but it is quite likely they all can be very wrong.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #2 on: <02-10-13/1901:01> »
Well, yes and no, Dave. About personal business, you're absolutely right. However, you got to take into account dragon culture. They are very big on passing down the traditions, laws, and history of dragonkind to the young in their entirety, which is why dragon eggs are given to a Great Dragon to raise, and the Great Dragon uses dragonspeech while the young dragons are still in the shell to start indoctrinating the dragons into dragon society. The whole reason everyone is pissed at Hestaby is because she is going against dragon tradition, afterall.

Also, the story as copied from the Earthdawn source I cited is from the Loremaster of the time, Vasdenjas, who had a fascination with the Young Races, and contributed several works to the Great Library of Throal. It also closely mirrored an account of the Great Hunter given in a tome about the Horrors by Icewing (aka Ghostwalker), so it is very likely that the account is accurate, as far as dragons know/believe.

That being said, it is still a creation story, the same as any other. Whether everything happened as the account goes or not is unknown.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

FlyDog

• Newb
  • Hail to the King, baby!
« Reply #3 on: <02-15-13/1855:21> »
Sounds like something I'd read in a Humanis pamphlet.....

"Haven't met a problem yet that can't be solved with my Super Warhawk.  This includes long division."

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <02-16-13/0948:38> »

Too erudite or educated for typical Humanis. Too many multi-syllabic words  ::)  8)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #5 on: <02-16-13/1337:01> »
Too erudite or educated for typical Humanis. Too many multi-syllabic words  ::)  8)
There are some quite cultured and erudite Humanis Members that give the PoliClub a positive public front.

Look at Brackhaven.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #6 on: <02-17-13/1227:32> »
Only through a telescopic sight.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Neurosis

• Chummer
  • ain't no rest for the wicked
« Reply #7 on: <02-19-13/1457:23> »

Ditto...I could see making an argument for Infected being somehow related to Horror, but not metahumans. Unless, of course, you're a Brackhaven...although the idea of them knowing what Horrors is is...scary.
~"Pirates and bankrobbers, not lawyers and CEOs
Stockbrokers ain't no heroes!"~

Devon Oratz//CGL Freelancer
My Blog: tarotAmerican
My RPGs: endTransmission.

DaveDaveDaave

• Chummer
  • I like Pies
« Reply #8 on: <02-19-13/1826:27> »
Character like Brackhaven are all the more scary when you see people IRL like William Lane Craig and realise that the truth stopped mattering such a long, long time ago and people will vote/support people saying what they want to hear.
An Awful lot of people believe a lot of very strange things indeed for no valid reason I can see. They can`t all be right but it is quite likely they all can be very wrong.

rfv855

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <02-22-13/1948:22> »
On the side note, baseline humans are also considered metahumans in Shadowrun- the base and most common variations, with same origins as the other variations.

Sengir

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <02-23-13/1941:06> »
In this case "metahumans" would refer to all metatypes, norms included ;)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #11 on: <02-23-13/2041:33> »
On the side note, baseline humans are also considered metahumans in Shadowrun- the base and most common variations, with same origins as the other variations.
Well, that makes sense.  Humans are the worst of the lot for Metahumans!  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11