NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings

• 1545 Replies

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1530 on: <11-10-13/0307:01> »
O'Connor sneered at the latest turn of events, "What's wrong guys? Don't wanna play anymore? Well, too fraggin' bad asshats. This is the first good scrap I've had in days, and I'm damned sure not 'bout to let it end so fast." He continued to fire at the shooter.

Turn 2, Pass 2

[spoiler=Wide Burts]
Automatics 4 + Agility 5 + Smartlink 2 - Smoke 2 - Range 1 - CM 2 = Pool 6
6d6.hits(5) → [6,6,2,3,1,5] = (3)
6d6.hits(5) → [3,1,3,2,2,1] = (0)

[/spoiler]
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #1531 on: <11-11-13/1622:17> »
Johnny locks his adversaries wrist while keeping the gun pointed at the ground. He spins to the left and reaches over with his right hand and locks the gunman's elbow as well. Johnny pushes the elf's arm to the breaking point. "Drop the gun dirtbag."

[spoiler]
Turn 2 Pass 2
Inflicting stun damage equal to Johnny's STR: 6
[/spoiler]
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1532 on: <11-11-13/1705:21> »
Johnny feels the arm start to stretch a little and he knows he managed to hurt his opponent even through the heavy armor, but then he is suddenly muscled off the grip entirely as the elf makes a herculean effort and flings him off.

Seeing that the comment was either diversionary or ill-coordinated or both, the other elves continue to fire on their foes as well.

O'Connor: 12d6.hits(5)=4, 9d6.hits(5)=4,  Clementine 12d6.hits(5)=3, 9d6.hits(5)=2 7P, 5 for armor rating, plus net nets

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1533 on: <11-11-13/1854:49> »
The second round of shots from her opponent miss Clementine, the orkish woman trying to move around to make herself a difficult target.

[spoiler]Armour 13 + Body 5 + Toughness 1 (19d6.hits(5)=6) 19d6.hits(5)=5 no glitches[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <11-11-13/2204:01> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1534 on: <11-12-13/0143:53> »
O'Connor spun and contorted his body to dodge the hail of bullets, "Gotta do better than that."

[spoiler=Full Defense]
Reaction 8 + Dodge 7 + Ranged 2 + Improved Ability (Dodge) 2 - CM 2 = Pool 17
17d6.hits(5) → [2,1,6,2,1,6,6,4,3,2,2,3,1,2,5,4,2] = (4)

Reaction 8 + Dodge 7 + Ranged 2 + Improved Ability (Dodge) 2 - CM 2 - Multiple Attacks 1 = Pool 16
16d6.hits(5) → [4,6,3,6,5,1,3,3,3,1,5,6,6,2,2,1] = (6)
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <11-13-13/0135:01> by Necrogigas »

Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1535 on: <11-12-13/0807:42> »
Sammy was behind a box while the battle was raging.  She had to admit that this was different from the trids, but now it was time to bring the trids to the fight.  She looked at the doors they had used to enter the building and concentrated, gathering the mana as she had been thought.  Suddenly 3 men in black ops clothing, complete with face obscuring helmets (easier to do than giving them faces), holding Ares Alphas, entered and started shooting towards the elves.  They missed of course, but it would at least give the elves something to think about.

[spoiler]
casting trid phantasm towards the door.
magic 5 + spellcasting 6 - 2 wounds + 2 edge =9 (11d6.hitsopen(5,6) =3)
the spell can create the illusion of something the caster has seen before, but I think this is not a big problem as she has worked on action trids before.  And full black body armour + helmet with an Ares alpha and some other random gear shouldn't be too much of a problem.  I've taken 1 per hit I have.

Everybody gets to roll intuition + counterspelling (if any), needing to beat my number of hits to disbelief the illusion.  It's a complete illusion with sight and sound.  As I just beat the object resistance of electronic equipment (3), cameras will be fooled (they don't get a resistance roll).

Phantasm (Realistic, Multi-Sense, Area)
Type: M • Range: LOS (A) • Duration: S • DV: (F ๗ 2) +2
Trid Phantasm (Realistic, Multi-Sense, Area)
Type: P • Range: LOS (A) • Duration: S • DV: (F ๗ 2) +3
Th ese area spells create convincing illusions of any object, creature, or scene the caster desires. Th ey can create an illusion of anything the caster has seen before, from a fl ower or a credstick to a dragon breathing fi re, as long as the illusion is no larger than the spell’s area.
Anyone who might pierce the illusion must successfully resist the spell. Simply make one Spellcasting Test and use the hits scored as the threshold for anyone that resists at a later point. Phantasm only aff ects living beings, while Trid Phantasm affects technological sensors as well.

now: 5S drain to resist:
willpower 4 + logic 4 =8 (8d6.hits(5)=1)
4S damage
that puts me at a -3 for wounds, and another -2 for sustaining the spell.  I don't think I'm going to do much anymore.

[/spoiler]
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1536 on: <11-12-13/2316:35> »
The effects of the illusion on the opposition is immediate.  More smoke is thrown, including "hot smoke" which throws Torley's vision advantage out the window, and between the racket of Sammy illusion, the echoes of O'Connor's explosive rounds and the double thick smoke your opponents are able to disappear as quickly as they appeared.

It takes a few seconds to be completely sure this is the case, but you confirm that not only are the elves in the armor gone, but Heron and Icarus have apparently taken a powder as well (this is the nagging thing that Torley noticed but hadn't had time to process earlier).

Now what?

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1537 on: <11-13-13/0309:53> »
"Everybody okay," Sammy said as she directed her three goons to stand outside, just at the door.  Through the open door she could still see them and that would maybe be some deterrent, or at least give warning when people wanted to take out the 'guards'.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1538 on: <11-13-13/0319:18> »
"Nnnn...  Not-t-t-t-t really, b-but I'll live...  W-what the h-hell?"  Fionn attempted to pick himself back up off the ground, still twitching uncontrollably as he did.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #1539 on: <11-13-13/2347:46> »
As soon as Johnny realizes that his adversaries had actually retreated he will walk out of the dissipating smoke holding his bruises. "I could be better." As he starts to look around for a med kit he keeps talking "Does anyone have a guess at why highly skilled killer elves are after us? Or why these guys" He gestures over his shoulder at the guards "just charged in and saved our asses without even a how-de-do?"
[spoiler]
Perception check to try to find Med-kit. (Will wait for smoke to clear if necessary.)
7d6.hits(5)=1
That sucked.
[/spoiler]
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1540 on: <11-14-13/0208:44> »
"Because those guys are mine," Sammy said with a grin, "it's an illusion actually.  A trick I've learned doing special effects at the trids.  Depending on the nature of the special effect, it's often cheaper to have a mage cast it then to use post-production CGI.  I'll keep them up for now so they can secure the building.  If people want to get in, they will probably try to take out the guards and that will give us warning.  But I suggest we get our wounds treated as good as we can and then get the hell out of here.  I have a medkit here somewhere, but I can only use it on automatic setting.  If someone is better with those things, feel free."

She went through her stuff to get her medkit, which was luckily still there and held it up.

[spoiler]
OOC: I have a rating 6 medkit plus an extra set of supplies.  Given that all our gear is there, if someone has the first aid skill, please feel free.  I know I have some damage and Fionn, but I'm not sure about the others.
[/spoiler]

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1541 on: <11-14-13/0353:43> »
O'Connor scoffed, "They ain't so highly trained. They got the jump on us and all we got is a few bruises. Couldn't see through the smoke, but I think I got the guy on the roof abit. How'd you guys make out?"

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1542 on: <11-14-13/0423:37> »
As sudden as it had started, the attackers were gone. The new set of attackers surprised Clem, cursing to herself when they showed up. However, she felt relief when Sammy explained they were only illusions.

At O'Connor's question, she answered "Couldn't see a thing in this smoke, so I don't think I hit anything."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1543 on: <11-14-13/0426:20> »
"Capacitors on my rounds blew when I tried to fire.  Might be another hand at work, there..."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1544 on: <11-14-13/0852:10> »
Having retrieved his walking stick, Sam joined the group. "As far as I could see, there were only three of them--the two down here, and the one on the roof. It's hard to tell from heat signatures, but I think you may have just clipped him." He shook his head. "We were clearly more than they were expecting, so although it was an ambush, it wasn't by the guys who did the whole 'drug-n-dump' on us. I think they may have just been a local elven gang that got tipped off that we might come back here--and since they got away, there's a good chance that they're going crying back to the guys who told them about this place. We may be in for some serious...issues once that happens."

"I think it might be best if we patched up our wounded quickly, and got out of here before a more competent group shows up. Red and Sam--you guys look like hell. And Icarus and Heron seem to have taken their money and run--we're quickly losing our edge."

[spoiler]OOC: Sorry, Sam doesn't do first aid. :([/spoiler]
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!