NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings

• 1545 Replies

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1365 on: <09-20-13/0729:54> »
...At least that is what she would have done if she could just get this ugly scratchy shag carpet out of her face.  She doesn't remember hitting the floor, she vaguely recalls fumbling a shell while loading the SPAS, and reaching down to pick it up, but that is about it.

Right, get up, O'Connor.  When the mosquito bites her neck, she thinks she hears a strangely muffled voice "Jeez, go to sleep already, fragging' behemoth."  But that is the last bit before sleepytime.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1366 on: <09-26-13/1400:30> »
O'Connor lines up the shot perfectly, a through shot that drops the Fist in midstumble.  One of his partners is obviously stunned by the death of his friend, with little action on his part except a reflexive combat crouch and clearing a pistol from under his jacket.  The third of the number is scary beautiful, she is moving to O'Connor's eye between the shot's firing and it hitting it's target.  She has two pistols out and firing, not at O'Connor, but at a nearby door, blowing it open and moving through it.  She disappears from sight before her buddy hits the pavement.

(OOC: O'Connor, take your second pass)

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1367 on: <09-27-13/0213:50> »
O'Connor smiled as the first Fist fell forward dead, *Scratch one.* He watched the woman immediately move to cover with mild surprise, *Pretty ganger with a head on her shoulders, don't see that too often.* He refocused on the dimwit still out in the open, *You'd think the Barrens would take out the stupid ones before they even reached their teens. Well, time to correct that mistake.* He fired off two two rounds before moving to the nearest alleyway for cover.

[spoiler=Longarms]
Longarms 4 + Agility 5 - CM 2 = Pool 7

7d6.hits(5) → [5,3,5,5,1,4,4] = (3)
7d6.hits(5) → [5,4,1,2,2,1,1] = (1)

[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <09-27-13/1722:14> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1368 on: <09-27-13/1558:42> »
The first shot hammers the Fist, so hard that he is not where the second shot is placed.  From the ground, he start to drag himself toward cover, but he is hurt, and hurt bad.  The other Fist is not in sight.

(OOC: Next action O'Connor and if you want give me decision tree on what you might do if the banger makes it through another action)
« Last Edit: <09-27-13/1600:20> by Crossbow »

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1369 on: <09-27-13/1721:47> »
O'Connor zeroed in on the half dead ganger, *I don't have time for you to bleed out, just die already.* After firing at the ganger, O'Connor glanced over at the building where the third ganger took cover, *She's smart, so she's behind cover with guns drawn on the door. She's probably also callin' in back up right now. Damn, was hopin' to snag these cocksuckers' guns and cred-sticks. Low on ammo and no armor, I should get outta here before more show up.*

[spoiler=Longarms]
Longarms 4 + Agility 5 + Take Aim 1 - CM 2 = Pool 8

8d6.hits(5) → [3,6,4,6,4,3,1,5] = (3)
[/spoiler]

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1370 on: <09-29-13/0034:15> »
The final shot takes the ganger out and O'Connor begins to reluctantly, but safely withdraw and begins to make his way back.

(OOC: Need any relevant rolls you wish to take involving your withdrawal)

The van:

The lot of you are cooling your heels while trying to stay alert, when the stolen commlink that Johnny is carrying rings with an incoming call, the simple function on the device identifies the caller as one spoken to yesterday shortly after it was taken.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1371 on: <09-29-13/0144:20> »
After finishing off the other ganger, O'Connor reloaded his rifle and withdrew, taking a circuitous path back to Darrell's shop, *That woman deserves a proper death. Me and her at our best, an epic dual to the finish. If she's as good as I think she, I don't stand a chance with this hunting rifle and no armor. An akimbo dualist with the reflexes as sharp as her's, she has to be an adept, one that follows a similar path as me...* He smiled at the prospect of facing off against a fighter with adept powers similar to his.

[spoiler=Knowledge: Redmond Barrens]
Redmond 4 + Intuition 3 - Cm 2 = Pool 5

5d6.hits(5) → [1,5,4,4,4] = (1)
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <09-29-13/0223:23> by Necrogigas »

Characters

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #1372 on: <09-29-13/0238:25> »
Johnny looked confused as the phone rang and he picked it up off the seat next to him. He looked around at the others in the van as he answered. "Hello?"
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1373 on: <09-29-13/1622:09> »
Before Johnny can even complete the brief greeting, a booming voice sounds out the commlink, "WHERE THE FRAG IS THAT RAT BASTARD PATTY!?!?!  Lettin' some light-fingered tusker slot into my crib solo! Fragger's been sniffin' too much cordite, his brain's fraggin' drek." the vidscreen is filled with pissed off dwarf.

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #1374 on: <09-30-13/1234:38> »
"Woah chill out man! Who are you and who's Patty?" Johnny's face is a perfect painting of confusion and bewilderment.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1375 on: <09-30-13/1349:39> »
"I'm the fraggin' chump who wuz gonna make sure you were runnin' around Seattle with more than your weenies in your hands, and Patty is the tattooed shit for brains that I was tryin' to do a favor for when he first called me from this comm, you don't know him?  Fine, I'll just gut this slot and see if the organleggers are buying ork this week." the face disappears as an image of Clementine, out and restrained to a chair, she looks fine except for being asleep and having "I STEAL SHOTGUNS" written in what looks like a sharpie on her face.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1376 on: <09-30-13/1529:32> »
Fionn was aware of the call a split second before it came in (the connection being forced to route through his wetware), so when Johnny looked around to the group Fionn just gave him a nod, and gestured toward his ear to indicate that he was going to be listening in.

If anyone had been expecting a call, gotta assume they'd have kept the link on them...  When Clem came up on the camera feed, he decided to cut in, his icon appearing on both ends of the call.

"Hey mate, calm down a second.  We've been stuck with this guy we're on last name basis with for a bit who went off to meet a friend of his to pick something up; Clem, the one you've got tied up there, went with him.  Wouldn't be surprised if the guy saw something shiny and got distracted shooting at it...  But either way he's not here.  If you're the guy he was going to meet, I gotta figure he's not too far from ya seeing as Clem wouldn't of known where you were."  He paused to let the guy on the other end respond.

And I am so saving that picture...
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1377 on: <09-30-13/1751:30> »
"Okay, so you are his crew, didn't think I was THAT tired.  O'Connor has been here, or this slot here is REAL good at spoofing biometrics when she isn't lifting slugthrowers, what the frag is going..." the voice trails off distracted, "...Ok, I see now, he used a different burn phone for his last calls and the first one."

An additional call is sent out to add to the current conference, and the phone O'Connor is carrying begins to ring.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1378 on: <09-30-13/2219:13> »
O'Connor answered the comm, "Bullet Storm Services and Solutions, where we make all your problems disappear with unrelenting violence. How may I direct your call?"

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1379 on: <09-30-13/2244:17> »
"You can direct it right up yur fragging hoop, ya stupid breeder piece of drek.  WHERE THE FRAG ARE YOU?!?!?" the dwarf bellows into the comm.

O'Connor actually had just figured out where he was, he had taken a wrong turn heading back to Darrell's and right now he was actually closer to the van than his buddy's shop.  The scene on the comm shows both Darrell and Clem, who still hasn't come around.  He can see that his buddy also has the rest of the team on conference call.