NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings

• 1545 Replies

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #90 on: <01-27-13/1901:24> »
Johnny offered Fionn a hand to help him up and quietly stepped into the back of the line after him. He would keep an eye on the technomancer to make sure he didn't stumble or trip.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #91 on: <01-27-13/2025:52> »
Fionn noticed the asian man offering him a hand up.  Let's just hope they don't decide to start treating me like some sort of invalid...  Fionn took the hand an got to his feet and made a point to speak softly.  "Afraid I never caught your name, mate.  So, what's your story?".

Just have to hope there's something at that lodge I can get a signal off of.  And a shotgun or at least a hunting rifle - won't be able to do much against such beithioc with my bare hands.  "I'd certainly rather avoid any sort of fight on the way; wouldn't be able to do much under present conditions."
« Last Edit: <01-27-13/2102:17> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

irisheathen

• Omae
« Reply #92 on: <01-28-13/0045:00> »
"Johnny Chopstixs" He wiped some of the drying blood off his face as they started walking and continued quietly  "What should I call you? And as for being useful don't worry about it. I wouldn't expect a fish to swim on land so until we get out of this dead zone I've got your back. But do we have to worry about you flipping out again?"
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #93 on: <01-28-13/0100:06> »
Chopstix?  No way that's his surname.  Chuckling a bit at the whole swimming on land thing, Fionn answered the questions.  "Name's Fionn.  Not really from around wherever here is if you haven't guessed; I've just been spending some time in Seattle looking for someone.  I should be fine now, though - or at least as close as I'm going to get for a while.  I just...  Confronted a rather unpleasant possibility.  Used to go hunting with my dad, though - I'm not much in a brawl, but I can handle a shotgun alright; hoping we find some weapons in that cabin.  So what all did I miss while I was out?"
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

irisheathen

• Omae
« Reply #94 on: <01-28-13/0211:26> »
Johnny followed behind Fionn "Couple of giant killer dogs nothing we couldn't handle. They might travel in larger packs and I wouldn't want to deal with more then a couple. They really did a number on O'Conner and he looked like a pretty bad mamajama so we should probably keep it down till we reach the lodge."

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #95 on: <01-28-13/0213:44> »
Fionn nods in acknowledgement.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Gorean

« Reply #96 on: <01-28-13/1257:01> »
Addressing his manifested spirit, Heron lays out the plan.

Yo Chummer, time to get us outta here. I need you to conceal us from others and guard us from accidents!
We're then going to follow the other group to a hut a ways from here.

Alrighty chummers lets move out!

As the group started moving out Heron focused on creating a little floating eyeball, instructing it to follow Sammy in case they got split up.

[spoiler]
Summon watcher spirit (8d6.hits(5)=1)
resist watcher spirit drain (13d6.hits(5)=6)
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <01-29-13/1437:10> by Gorean »

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #97 on: <01-28-13/1436:01> »
If a floating eyeball could look confused and shrug at the instuctions given to it, this one would have.  In fact, it grows an eyelid and blinks several times, then squints in the direction Heron points.

What it doesn't do is move at all.

Gorean

« Reply #98 on: <01-29-13/0620:00> »
Slapping his forehead in disgust at himself, Heron releases his watcher spirit.
Dumbass. She's concealed by a great big spirit. Of course the eyeball can't frakking see it.

So anyone have any idea on which day it is?

I didn't set my 'link to record the Saberwolves game this weekend. Well maybe this weekend, it could've been last weekend!
I wonder who won? Or is going to win?

« Last Edit: <01-29-13/1432:55> by Gorean »

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #99 on: <01-29-13/0634:23> »
O'Connor started to shrug, but his busted ribs protested, Shrugging, item three. "Not a clue, its prob'ly been more than a day or two since all our memories cut out. More important questions are where're we, and why're we here? I got a nasty hunch 'bout that last one, but its kinda out there. I'm thinkin' we're out here as sport for some bored hunters. We're heading towards a hunting lodge after all."
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #100 on: <01-29-13/0656:34> »
Clem, listening to O'Connor, rolled her eyes at the notion of a hunter somehow kidnapping 8 able bodies and dragging them all the way out in the wilderness. "You really think some sicko is hunting us? I don't know about you, but I'm not convinced everyone here is as innocent as you think."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #101 on: <01-29-13/0706:16> »
O'Connor resisted the urge to shrug this time, but he did turn to Clem and gestured towards his prison tat while smiling sardonically, "I'm as innocent as a new born. Anyhow I never claimed that no one was workin' for the assholes that brought us here, and I did say my hunch was out there. So what's your theory then?"
« Last Edit: <01-29-13/0723:33> by Necrogigas »

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #102 on: <01-29-13/0946:30> »
"I don't have any theories yet" answered Clem, "except maybe someone having a death wish. 'Cause they're as good as dead when I get my hands on them." The venom was oozing from her voice while Clem calmly made her threat. Covering her sweet spots while saying that made it all that funnier to the group she was traveling with.
« Last Edit: <01-29-13/1815:08> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #103 on: <01-29-13/1114:43> »
O'Connor smiled and nodded in approval, "I'll race you to 'em." O'Connor was finding it hard to stay mad at Clem, he found her violent tendencies endearing. He called out to the group in general, "So how we passin' the time, Twenty Questions, I Spy, or talkin' shit about the other group?"

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #104 on: <01-29-13/1203:09> »
   The woods are truly breathtaking, virgin trees untouched in a generation or more.  For most of you this is the first time you have ever been around this much REAL nature, not some VR natural tour trid.   The magical concealment is probably the best part, just walking down to the stream you have already noticed that you can walk right up on animals and not disturb them, closer than you would in a zoo.  You have almost reached out to touch them, to pet or scratch the living fur, but you hold back not wanting to break the ‘spell’ of the remarkable experience you are having.