NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings

• 1545 Replies

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #60 on: <01-25-13/1950:17> »
The wind blowing through her hair, Clem was running as fast as she could. The fear, nay, the terror gripping her heart left her thoughtless, controlled by one of the most basic impulses: fight or flight. Or, in this case, the flight part. After running for a short while, she suddenly realized there was no good reason to run, really. All the reasons that had made her flee just a few moments ago were in the past. Nothing that was unfolding at this moment really scared her. However true and real it had seemed, she felt her emotions had somehow not been her own.

She gradually came to a stop, quickly turned around and looked at the strange bunch. It seemed that in the few seconds Clem had ran away, they had somehow taken care of business. Two of the three beasts could be seen running away, and a bloody mess gave hints as to what had happened to the third.

She slowly made her way back to the rest of the party, shame weighing down on her. Not only was she naked and exposed in front of an odd bunch of strangers, she had now fled when the situation had degenerated. She had acted like a complete novice. To top it off, she had injured another combatant. This, she thought, was the proverbial insult to the injury that the situation was. She was sure this would stay with her for too long a time.

As she arrived close to the others, she slowly bowed towards the group, temporarily forgetting she wasn't wearing anything. The shame was palpable, her aura stinking of guilt. She managed to let out a simple "I'm sorry" to her companions. After seeing O'Connor, she asked if he was alright. She now had to somehow make it up to him. Both her honour, and to a certain degree his, needed mending. She would wait for the right moment to make things right.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #61 on: <01-25-13/1958:06> »
Fionn, oblivious to what had just happened, was just sitting on the ground with his legs in close to his chest, mumbling to himself in Gaelic.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #62 on: <01-25-13/2138:25> »
"So between being unconscious and fighting giant dogs from hell I think I missed a few things, like who are all of you people and why am I naked in the woods?"
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #63 on: <01-25-13/2150:34> »
Not quite relaxing as the remaining barghests fled, Ikari checked himself for injury, then turned to give a more critical eye to the group. Dog Food. Any earlier, and we all could have made it easy and shared the name. A grumbling stomach brought up another topic. One look at the leaking headless barghest told him he wasn't willing to put any of that near his mouth.

His thoughts turned to what would be happening without him back in Seattle. There wouldn't be any excuses for the situation, but he still hoped to salvage something out of this.

"No offence to you and your proposal, but can everyone walk? Could we do your naked-getting-to-know-each-other time while moving away from the dead dog?"

[spoiler]Perception / Observe In Detail rolls (In order; Icarus (5 hits), 1 paralyzed (6 hits), 1 catatonic (5 hits), 1 astrally projecting (7 hits), 1 bleeding out (7 hits), 1 running away (4 hits), 1 fully capable (3 hits) and 1 bound mage (3 hits))
Just looking for notable physical details, plus anything that might give away affiliation, strengths or weaknesses. (for Icarus, that would be any sign as to what happened before waking)[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <01-25-13/2236:19> by Novocrane »

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #64 on: <01-25-13/2226:10> »
Completely unaware of the deadly combat happening mere steps from her physical body, Sammy’s astral form zooms in to examine the footbridge.

Obviously being  man-made, it is really impossible to discern real physical details about the bridge in astral view, though the shadow of life on close inspection makes her guess the material is wood felled long ago.  The clear area to the left side of the river is fairly large, and without ‘meat eye’ visual cues she would have no way of telling where a footpath may lead that way.  The other side is a different story, the wood is thick in this area, so the path that must have been cleared by man through it is obvious.

Following the path with no clear idea on far she has traveled, the mage eventually comes to a clearing that once again shows the odd stick figure-like outlines that denote a man-made structure or device in the midst of so much life.

An educated guess as to what the largest structure could be leads her to conclude with the lack traditional ‘prey animals’ living anywhere close but the residue of several dead inside that it must be a hunting lodge, though no one is currently in residence.

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #65 on: <01-25-13/2240:14> »
Johnny smiled at Icarus. "Nope mostly cause we have several people who can't walk. He pointed to the gibbering red headed elf, then to the mage who was still in astral, and then to the mage who is still bound. Then Johnny realized he should be helping the guy still bound and walked over. He started removing what was left of the tape as he continued talking " But you could help me free this guy while somebody tries to fill me in.
« Last Edit: <01-25-13/2242:42> by irisheathen »
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #66 on: <01-25-13/2241:22> »
O'Connor grunted noncommittally to Clem's apology and brushed off her concern with a brisk, "I'll be fine." In truth he wasn't all that mad that she'd fled, he'd felt fear clawing at his mind too as they waited for the beasts to close. What he was pissed about was being robbed of a chance to show off and impress his new comrades, Not only did this Johnny steal the spotlight, he saved my ass as well. I not only looked like a weak little bitch in that fight, but know I owe this guy too.

After he finished freeing the mage, O'Connor walked over to the headless canine. He kicked it out of spite, "Think this thing's safe to eat? I dunno 'bout you guys, but I'm kinda hungry. In any case, I'm fine to walk, but I think someone might need to carry and/or drag Red." He pointed at the still gibbering elf, "One, two, three, not it."

[spoiler=Description]
O'Connor, 19 years old, but looks older, stands at 6'0" (1.83 m) and weights about 180 lbs. (81.65 kg.). He's caucasian, with brown eyes and brown hair kept in a buzzcut. He has a plain face with a shallow cleft chin and a crooked nose that's been broken a few too many times. He has an athletic build, with a musculature that emphasizes speed over power. He has a light scattering of scars across his body from old knife and gunshot wounds. Across his chest is a prison tattoo reading, C-Block Crashers, with three knife symbols underneath.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <01-26-13/0048:55> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #67 on: <01-25-13/2340:56> »
As feeling slowly crept back into Sam's body, he dropped to the ground, panting. "What the...bloody hell..." he managed to gasp out. He'd been trying to get the elf to calm down, and then...there'd been a noise, hadn't there? Something had happened, he knew...but what?

Eventually, he was able to lift up his head and look around. One of the men--the oriental who'd been tied up, unconscious, with an elf just...a moment ago? That didn't seem right...he was freeing the last of the group, but his hands were covered in blood and...other stuff. And the other guy...O'Connor, he'd called himself...he was drenched with the stuff. Man, that's going to stink in about half an hour... He looked a bit wobbly, too.

Sam blinked, decided that wasn't doing enough, then closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths before opening them again. That's when he noticed the headless body of what looked like a large, hairless dog with black skin and...spines? Oh, shit. Two-fingers told me about those... To no one in particular, he said, "A god damned barghest attacked us? Any sign of the rest of the pack?"

[spoiler]Responding to Ikari's observe in detail: Sam's about 20, light brown hair, brown eyes, slightly tanned skin. No notable features, marks, tattoos, etc. He's in decent shape, but clearly not overly fond of exercise.[/spoiler]
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #68 on: <01-26-13/0329:29> »
That at least was something.  She flew a bit higher, manifested to get her bearings in the real world and also to have a closer look at the hunting lodge, before she zipped back to her comrades.  She slipped back into her body and woke up.  Looking around she couldn't help but find a vicious looking dead thing hanging around.
"I found what I think is a hunting lodge," she said, "we might want to check that out.  I'm Sammy, by the way," she added for the ones that hadn't been up when she had left, "but what happened here?"
« Last Edit: <01-26-13/0335:13> by farothel »
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #69 on: <01-26-13/0422:40> »
"You saved us the trouble of me trying to bring you back by punching you, for one." Ikari replied, raising an eyebrow in Johnny's direction.

"As for the dog ... there's more of them, they know where we are, and we don't know when they'll be back. Who votes we should stay here?"

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #70 on: <01-26-13/0453:05> »
"We can go to that hunting lodge," Sammy said, "but if you give us mages some extra time, we can add extra protection."
She turned to the elf mage she had assensed before.
"If you can summon earth spirits, we can both get a force five one with optional power of concealment.  We then direct them to use their powers of concealment and guard on us, dividing the group into two subgroups of four plus one spirit each.  That should at least keep us reasonably safe from natural disasters and people or critters looking for us.  If you don't have earth spirits in your portfolio, we can do the same thing with air or water spirits or spirits of man.  They can also keep an eye on the astral."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #71 on: <01-26-13/0514:36> »
Clem looked at Sammy. "Holy smokes!" she thought, "an actress that can actually play with mojo? It's not often you see that."

"I have no idea what you're talking about, Sammy, but I do vote for the lodge. And the sooner the better, if you ask me" said Clem, while covering herself with her arms and hands.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #72 on: <01-26-13/0612:48> »
The watcher floats up to Sammy, "Nothing hurt you Mistress, I was watching the whole time and nothing hurt you"

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #73 on: <01-26-13/0920:01> »
"That's good, you can go now," Sammy said, dismissing the spirit.  She made another mental note to herself to be more specific in her wording next time she used a watcher.  Of course, being taken out by ... well, whatever, and brought here might have something to do with it.  She was also trying to remember what she had been doing before she had woken up here.  As far as she could remember she had been listening to a new band in a local club she went to from time to time.  But after that, nothing.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #74 on: <01-26-13/1441:03> »
Sammy's mage babbling was going far over O'Connor's head, so he looked over at Torley, "Hey man, I'd like to thank you for all your help in driving off these things." He resisted the urge to laugh sarcastically, "After Karate Kid of here," he pointed at Johnny, "punched this one's head off, the other two ran back into the forest." O'Connor was starting to get agitated and fidgety, and as such his comments to the group where getting more terse and harsh. His instincts where to always keep moving, but the current state of his body screamed out for him to stay stationary. He was having difficulty reconciling the two.
« Last Edit: <01-26-13/1448:56> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Register