NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings

• 1943 Replies

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1860 on: <01-17-14/0135:51> »
I've read almost all of the published material for 4th, but its been a bit and I don't really remember most of it.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1861 on: <01-17-14/0139:19> »
Just a general heads up.  I got to wrap up Sammy's date, with a possible story hook involved there, haven't decided, several things with Fionn to take care of with another possible story hook, one other sideline story, that still needs to happen and wrap up Johnny and O'Connor's sideline.

I don't think anyone is waiting on me except Sammy but let me know.

Also, I think I am still waiting for everyone but Rhat to let me know what published stuff I could run if that is the best option.

There's also my initiation, but if you just give me some details on what type of group by PM, I'll write that one out myself.  I've done one for an adept in Lagos which was quite good, or so the GM thought (it should still be here somewhere).

As to published stuff: I've done some of the missions (the ones in Denver) and I've read through ghost cartels (quite some time ago).  I was also in a pbp on the Artifacts one (actually, the one where I wrote the initiation story), but that stopped before we got really far.  And we've started on the Horizon one (sorry, I don't know the titles), but again, that pbp didn't get very far.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1862 on: <01-17-14/0944:22> »
Just a general heads up.  I got to wrap up Sammy's date, with a possible story hook involved there, haven't decided, several things with Fionn to take care of with another possible story hook, one other sideline story, that still needs to happen and wrap up Johnny and O'Connor's sideline.

I don't think anyone is waiting on me except Sammy but let me know.

Also, I think I am still waiting for everyone but Rhat to let me know what published stuff I could run if that is the best option.

Well, I was kind of assuming we'd get around to Sam following up on his hardcopy at some point, either in the IC thread or through PM. That's the only thing I can think of for Torley.

As far as published stuff--I haven't really looked at much of it, so I'm fine with whatever. Cheers!
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1863 on: <01-19-14/1032:07> »
I handled Sam and Fionn's dealings with the street doc off line, so that is one less reason to be paranoid, otherwise he would have never gotten seen.  Same with Fionn's inquiries about his investigator.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1864 on: <01-20-14/1953:33> »
"Right then...  I'd prefer not to be down any longer than I have to be here, got some things I've got to get on with.  On another point though...  I might be doing something soon where I have to go under for an indeterminate period of time; could be for a number of days.  I've heard of people coming out of this dead from dehydration, so I was hoping that if I do end up doing this thing I might be able to discreetly hole up here until it's done and just be kept in healthy condition.  That a service you'd be able to offer?"

Still waiting on an answer here...  Also still wondering if I can use the network in Fionn's background for network submersion.  Was thinking that the strictures would be something like Belief, Privacy/Secrecy, Limited Membership, and possibly Deed.  Need to work out a Submersion task, as well...  Resonance Realm Search fits the story pretty well, but is only available to technomancers that have already submerged.

Also still waiting on the results of Sam's inquiries into Mason Ritchie.
« Last Edit: <01-20-14/1959:50> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1865 on: <01-21-14/0909:34> »
Is there anything Clem can roll for Fionn's Mason Ritchie?
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1866 on: <01-21-14/1516:45> »
I handled Sam and Fionn's dealings with the street doc off line, so that is one less reason to be paranoid, otherwise he would have never gotten seen.  Same with Fionn's inquiries about his investigator.

Well, I wasn't too bothered by the street doc bit; I kind of assumed that's what happened on that thread. But:

Also still waiting on the results of Sam's inquiries into Mason Ritchie.

Since RHat seems to still be looking for information about the guy, I kind of had to go on the assumption that, for whatever reason, Sam's contact hadn't come through. Granted, it's not unreasonable for a 4/2 contact to withhold information/ask for payment, but Sam was expecting at least a minimal response. Hence the paranoia. :)
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1867 on: <01-21-14/2202:31> »
Everyone's rolls were sorta combined in the download you got, part of why you got info from several different directions.

Clem's info is coming by PM.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1868 on: <01-21-14/2345:21> »
Aw, and here i was hoping to compare what I got versus what Torley got.  :P

Actually, would have been interesting to see who had what gaps where.  And come to think of it, would that search have included stuff like ShadowSEA or would I need to get into there (legitimately or otherwise) first?
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1869 on: <01-27-14/1714:19> »

Actually, would have been interesting to see who had what gaps where.  And come to think of it, would that search have included stuff like ShadowSEA or would I need to get into there (legitimately or otherwise) first?

Far be it from me to discourage paranoia, but don't try to read so much between the lines.  There are things you will not a one hunnert percent download on, and I try to put in a lot of window dressing into some of the data you get.  As far as ShadowSEA goes, they are not a free contact, they are a safe method by which business can be done.  Published source material is there, so you can assume if I mention something I might have pulled it from a book that you would have gotten from there.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1870 on: <01-27-14/1813:57> »

Far be it from me to discourage paranoia, but don't try to read so much between the lines.  There are things you will not a one hunnert percent download on, and I try to put in a lot of window dressing into some of the data you get.  As far as ShadowSEA goes, they are not a free contact, they are a safe method by which business can be done.  Published source material is there, so you can assume if I mention something I might have pulled it from a book that you would have gotten from there.

I'm more asking if ShadowSEA and similar sources are part of a standard Data Search, or if they have to be seperately searched on their own?  I imagine I'd have to get access first, but still.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1871 on: <02-03-14/1712:20> »
They are part of the standard data search

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1872 on: <02-03-14/1730:43> »
Okay so we have reached a bit a lull again, not entirely my fault, but I have been a piece of it.  School stuff and weather here have been an issue.
That said I want to wrap up the post mortem thread soon and put you guys back in the shadows.  To do that I am needing activity from some of our less active members.

I will be sending a copy of this post to personal em to each of you, just to check in and make sure we are all good to go.
As I see it the status of each active team member is as follows:
O’Connor has taken care of what little down time business he had.  His meeting with his new contact having been an incredible success in that no blood was spilled.  I need to give him some totals on cash outlay to Darrell, but he is otherwise settled.

Sammy’s date is over, which leaves one more piece of business for her to conduct as she does not appear to need any shopping done.  That piece may start working itself through depending on the results of this post.

Fionn is proceeding forward cautiously and is the most being held up by me, and I will be doing my best to push that along in the days to come, though at this point I am putting off an actual meeting with Mr Ritchie since Red seems more interested in his background than actually going to meet the man.

Clementine and Sam Torley are done with business, but are apparently in the midst of conversation with Fionn so I am letting you guys play that out at your own speed.  Sam also has an outstanding piece of personal business to take care of so I might have to run him in split time once I know Thvor is still around.

Johnny is sitting on a desk flirting, and I am still waiting on a list so I can give him some numbers.

Futurewise, as I said I will be ready to start a new thread soon and I need a check in from the six of you that you are locked in before I push that forward.  If we have lost someone I need to recruit a replacement.

As always, in the likely event that I am forgetting something, please speak up.
« Last Edit: <02-03-14/1733:38> by Crossbow »

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1873 on: <02-03-14/1733:19> »
Fionn is proceeding forward cautiously and is the most being held up by me, and I will be doing my best to push that along in the days to come, though at this point I am putting off an actual meeting with Mr Ritchie since Red seems more interested in his background than actually going to meet the man.

It's more that he wants to figure out who he's dealing with first, and then set the meeting - and since he's got to be down for a couple of days healing up, he figures he has time.  My plan, loosely, was "heal up and do research, get the meet in with Ritchie, worry about submersion".
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1874 on: <02-03-14/2100:59> »
Quote from: Crossbow
O’Connor has taken care of what little down time business he had.  His meeting with his new contact having been an incredible success in that no blood was spilled.  I need to give him some totals on cash outlay to Darrell, but he is otherwise settled.

Sorry for the recent spotty activity, been really swamped lately.

There's one or two more things for O'Connor to do, but it's minor and will keep if you're ready to move on to the second run.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters