NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings

• 1943 Replies

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1770 on: <11-12-13/1810:37> »
I love how nobody's noticed that Fionn seems to have uber-tazed himself.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1771 on: <11-12-13/2104:03> »
Intuition 4 (4d6.hits(5)=0) critical glitch :( Guess I'll have to spend a point of edge to reroll the misses: Edge reroll (4d6.hits(5)=3)
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1772 on: <11-12-13/2305:44> »

I would not say they haven't noticed, I would question whether O'Connor or Clem CARE but that is a different discussion, and a case could be made for being a target of gunfire.

Intuition 4 (4d6.hits(5)=0) critical glitch :( Guess I'll have to spend a point of edge to reroll the misses: Edge reroll (4d6.hits(5)=3)

You can use edge to negate the glitch, but not to reroll.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1773 on: <11-13-13/0005:24> »
I was under the impression that I could reroll the failures even if I had a glitch (kind of like a gamble; if it works, great, but if not, the glitch still applies). If not, let's just cancel the glitch then.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1774 on: <11-13-13/0135:16> »
Buying hits is not appropriate for combat, you gotta roll them Necrogigas.
Post edited.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1775 on: <11-13-13/0307:37> »

I would not say they haven't noticed, I would question whether O'Connor or Clem CARE but that is a different discussion, and a case could be made for being a target of gunfire.

Sammy hasn't noticed, as she has been behind something.  She will notice soon and throw a healing spell around, at least after a first aid kit has been used (as you can't use first aid after magical healing, but you can do magical healing after first aid).  I would also like someone to use that first aid kit on myself, so I can at least get rid of the stun damage.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1776 on: <11-13-13/0311:00> »

Sammy hasn't noticed, as she has been behind something.  She will notice soon and throw a healing spell around, at least after a first aid kit has been used (as you can't use first aid after magical healing, but you can do magical healing after first aid).  I would also like someone to use that first aid kit on myself, so I can at least get rid of the stun damage.

It's stun damage, unless some of it's overflowed.  That said, Fionn can throw some Logic and a Machine Sprite at a proper medkit.

Until told otherwise, though, I'm gonna assume for the sake of things that Fionn is at least conscious, for now, since he did have plenty of unfilled Stun track.
« Last Edit: <11-13-13/0314:54> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1777 on: <11-14-13/0944:18> »
Okay, this is where we do the post mortem, handle any business that needs to be handled 'off-panel'.

First off, I want to thank you guys for sticking with me thru this first effort on my part, it went a lot of places I didn't figure it would go but I love the story that got told.

Second, you guys have your nuyen, and I am gonna give everyone 8 points of karma for this adventure, for various reasons, but I feel confident in saying that everyone earned it..  If there is anything you want to handle IC we can do that, but I want to keep the IC thread locked for the moment, so you can either do it here or I can start a IC post-mortem thread.

Third, I know I still owe everyone a note, that is coming too.  That was meant to be a tease for future games, so I need some time figure what I am gonna do and who I am gonna be doing it for. (ie, how many of you are willing to run together again?  Players, not character-wise.)

Anything I haven't covered?  Any questions?  Now is the time.  I would also appreciate any constructive feedback you might have for me.
« Last Edit: <11-14-13/0954:09> by Crossbow »

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #1778 on: <11-14-13/1718:53> »
I never found out what was on the hard copy in the case (I'm guessing that was the note?). Also it was 50,000 minus the money we owed Clem's contact but I wasn't sure how much that was.

This was a lot of fun and I'd love to keep going with Johnny in this story if possible. As it was this was my first PBP game so it also made it the best one I've ever participated in.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1779 on: <11-14-13/1732:59> »
I also want to thank everyone for the game, and especially the GM for sticking with us. Even though some of the characters had some run-ins, I greatly enjoyed it and would play with anyone of you again in a heartbeat.

I'll figure out what to do with the karma and the nuyen and post my decision shortly.

For Clem, she still owes ¥100 to O'Connor's gun smith and gets ¥50 from O'Connor's bet, so that should leave her with ¥42,200. She'll also put ¥500 towards Fionn's van fund for a grand total of ¥41,700.
« Last Edit: <11-14-13/1942:36> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1780 on: <11-14-13/1753:23> »
I'm definitely still in, and I do want to thank everyone (Crossbow especially) for such a fun game.

Looks like I've got exactly enough Karma for Fionn's first Submersion (assuming Task and Group discounts), though it's probably going to take me a while to afford much of anything else...  As far as the money goes, Fionn's gonna return the van with a 5000 nuyen thank you in the form of remaining funds on the credstick he was given, pay back Clem's contact and pay his debt to his fixer in full, and then I'll have to figure it from there based on how much is left.
« Last Edit: <11-14-13/1833:26> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1781 on: <11-14-13/1832:45> »
The total tab to the loan shark is 55,000 (there was a small service charge remember)  Matty has 10Gs with him, he will put 8500 towards the debt, 500 to Fionn for the ride and the other grand to Johnny for his fixer to get him set up in the city.  Johnny as the person looking out for him also gets him as a contact (mechanic, 1/2).

That leaves 7750 as an even split for the loan.  Anyone that wants to can keep people names on hand, but no one is contact level beyond Matty.

Start figuring how you want to spend your karma and money, and make a list for private approval by PM if you are wanting to use this character again.
« Last Edit: <11-14-13/1836:29> by Crossbow »

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1782 on: <11-14-13/1841:25> »
So, 7750 for the loan, 7500 for his other debt, and 5000 for the guy whose van he "borrowed" sits Fionn at 30250 including that 500.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1783 on: <11-14-13/2259:04> »
For any gear we might get during downtime, what is the maximum availability we are looking at?
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1784 on: <11-14-13/2301:20> »
Wouldn't that be a question of an availability test?
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites